Usher Announces New Single ‘Scream’ / Listen To Snippet!

shares
usher promo 91 e1333125792803 Usher Announces New Single Scream / Listen To Snippet!

Having topped the Billboard R&B chart with the titillating ‘Climax‘, Usher is brings it back to clubs with ‘Scream’ – the latest single to be lifted from his new LP ‘Looking For Me’.

The cut, which That Grape Juice heard at his album playback in London last month, is set to hit radio tomorrow! Can’t wait until then? Sink you teeth into a snippet below!

We like. Do you?

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (80)

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• Tyler

Tyler (58)

• rita ora

rita ora (57)

1. April 25, 2012 at 10:16 am
    Alex says:

SPAM will not be tolerated.

2. April 25, 2012 at 10:17 am
    Alex says:

SPAM will not be tolerated

3. April 25, 2012 at 10:19 am
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Someone kills david guetta,calvin harris,martin solveig,redone please ..

I am so over this …………

4. April 25, 2012 at 10:20 am
    POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE ) says:

FIRE , Fire and FIRE.

this generation’s KING of POP is back.

this will be a major HIT. the pop and dance folks will support it for sure. ;)

go USHER. YEAh MaN.

5. April 25, 2012 at 10:21 am
    PluralRaspberry says:

That was Interesting

6. April 25, 2012 at 10:23 am
    mobwife says:

So is this part of then new “REVOLUTIONARY R&B” genre Usher said he wanted to create?…LOL :-)

Anywho, it sounds like a good dance track!

7. April 25, 2012 at 10:24 am
    POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE ) says:

KAT DELUNA FAN
    April 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

Someone kills david guetta,calvin harris,martin solveig,redone please ..

I am so over this …………

__________________________________________

Trust , if they Got Killed , a lot of your FAVs will sit their asses at home and Retire. including the one in your username …….

and Music is not only one genre , there is also a genre called ” dance music”.

8. April 25, 2012 at 10:29 am
    brad says:

Straight Fire…Straight number 1!!! Usher dance is back. Love the mixture of R&B and Dance! Good Stuff. This Generations King of Pop?….AGREE!!!!

9. April 25, 2012 at 10:54 am
    KenzoV says:

thought he was bringing some of his R & B back with that Climax single . Scream sounds like errthing else thats out right now .#nah

10. April 25, 2012 at 10:55 am
    Adrian says:

As much as I want this FAD to fade (OMG,DJ Got Us Falling In Love,Without You,etc) I actually like this snippet. I can definitely see me poolside this summer with this playing! This type of music appears to be here to stay for awhile because history typically repeats itself. We’re looking at 2010-2020, the Dance Era lol.

11. April 25, 2012 at 10:59 am
    joey blanco says:

I agree, what happened to this revolutionary r&b/pop sound he was talking about?? However, as far as hits go this is definitely one!!! FIRE…I cant wait to hear the rest, and I hope the entire album isnt the same ol pop(OMG, DJ Falling, etc) sound. We need real R&B to come back to the forefront

12. April 25, 2012 at 11:01 am
    usher king of pop says:

straight number one!Usher’s back!!!

13. April 25, 2012 at 11:05 am
    kingphoenix says:

And you were progressing so well Usher….smh, girl you f****** tried it, and you will fail. Dance numbers days are coming to an end, and if you keep this up so will your career. Ass going be at Wendy’s singing about crispy chicken wrapped up in pizza dough if you dont be careful.

p.s. that ackward moment when you write Bey instead of be, the KingBey is using me…Let the Hive say YAAAAAS! lol

14. April 25, 2012 at 11:10 am
    CANTSTANDHATERS says:

THE SONG SOUNDS LIKE DJ GOT US FALLING IN LOVE PT.2…

DAMN USH, WITH CLIMAX, YOU MADE ME THINK YOU WERE GOING ON ANOTHER LEVEL, MUSICALLY…

BUT THIS SONGS, PUTS YOU BACK IN LINE, WITH THE TREND…

YOU’RE A BIG NAME, YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THE SAME MUSIC AS OTHERS IN ORDER TO SELL AND DO GOOD ON BILLBOARD…

OMG WAS A GREAT SONG, BECAUSE IT WAS THE ONLY SONG OF ITS KIND OUT AT THE TIME, AND IT STILL IS…

PLEASE PUT THIS IN A VAULT AND COME WITH SOMETHING INNOVATING…

15. April 25, 2012 at 11:18 am
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

16. April 25, 2012 at 11:28 am
    yaya says:

the problem with this track is that, unlike Climax it’s nothing new. It sounds like “DJ Got Us…”, a track I like but why do I need scream? Usher was getting his R&B fans back and I think this will have people questioning if the album is R&B at all. I know he wants to be on multiple charts probably, but I would be shocked if Climax doesn’t overshadow this track.

It’s not bad, just nothing new

17. April 25, 2012 at 11:28 am
    Bad ass says:

@pop I’m not a fan of Kat but the girls making music and money O_o you on a Computer hating stanin 4 someone who calls you a c***….. Generic much but o well

18. April 25, 2012 at 11:39 am
    the real xoxo says:

it would slay in a club. but i was really hoping for him to bring back r&b, this will be played out by june. climax is still hot and will be hot for a long time. honestly mainstream dance music is so 2010.

19. April 25, 2012 at 11:49 am
    CANTSTANDHATERS says:

WHY PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THEY WANT USHER TO BRING BACK R&B…

RAYMOND VS. RAYMOND HAD 5 NUMBER 1 R&B SONGS…

PAPERS
    DADDY’S HOME
    LIL FREAK
    OMG
    THERE GOES MY BABY

HE DID, R&B ENOUGH, HE NEEDS TO VENTURE OUT MORE AS ARTIST LIKE HE’S DOING NOW…

AND NOW CLIMAX IS ANOTHER R&B HIT…

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP SAYING THIS R&B STUFF, HE DID IT… YOU’RE NOT BUYING THE ALBUMS SO WHY SHOULD HE CONTINUE ON THAT ROAD…

20. April 25, 2012 at 11:57 am
    Onyx says:

POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE )
    April 25, 2012 at 10:20 am
    FIRE , Fire and FIRE.
    this generation’s KING of POP is back.

You kill me with this, i love you boy but there is not new King of Pop, wait you stan for usher, i neve like him but i do like a few songs my fav. Burn.

21. April 25, 2012 at 12:02 pm
    RealMusic says:

I like what I hear so far

22. April 25, 2012 at 12:07 pm
    Joy says:

Typical dance trash and to think I respected him even more after Climax. *sigh*

But I might fall victim to this song, where is Ciara?

23. April 25, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    Stephen says:

I personally never considered “Climax” to be r&b, but since it has topped the r&b charts, then I’m not surprised, after all, even Rihanna was nominated in the r&b categories of BET and even 2012 Billboard Music Awards

24. April 25, 2012 at 12:24 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE ) says:

@ONYX :

Usher is the Best MALE artist right NOW.

RIP Mj.

25. April 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm
    Onyx says:

POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE )
    No, Justin is still the best.

26. April 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm
    yasmie26 says:

No don ‘t like it. It sound like that other song he had with David Guetta. Climax on the other hand is my joint. He need to go out and start promoting that songs.

27. April 25, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    enrerwj says:

Sounds better than shitty climax. This n**** cant falsetto for s***.

28. April 25, 2012 at 12:36 pm
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

29. April 25, 2012 at 12:41 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Love it, but still prefer ‘Climax’.

30. April 25, 2012 at 12:48 pm
    RAYMOND says:

You guys do realise that he is probably going to premier his more ‘urban’ single tomorrow aswell. ‘Let Me See’ ft Rick Ross:

So ‘Scream’ is for the Pop Audience, and ‘Let Me See’ is for the Urban Audience.

31. April 25, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    honeydip says:

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!

32. April 25, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    The Real B(randy) says:

*press play on Miguel’s new music. Usher is washed*

33. April 25, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    dee says:

I’m so sick of the electro pop crap!

34. April 25, 2012 at 1:32 pm
    vladica07 says:

And here I thought he’s gonna go back to his true roots.Im from Europe and there’s a reason I pretty much turn to the US market for some good RnB,but now Im getting sick how everyone’s doing the euro pop thing.Will the trend pass already?

35. April 25, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    Maestro says:

Umm… Noooooooooooo. Now if it were a more Urban track… yeah… this …. noooooo Usher, what happened man? Don’t let the critics stear you in the wrong direction… HERE I STAND ur best body of work…

36. April 25, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE ) says:

guys , calm your tits , it is just a single , it is not indicative to what’s the album gonna be like.

save your REDUCTIVE comments till you hear the entire album and judge for yourselves.

@ONYX :

JT is great , but where is he now ?!

hope he release a new album cuz it’s a S H A M E he has only 2 album as a solo artist. i want more. i still play FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS in 2012. his music is #MAJAH

but now , usher >>>>

37. April 25, 2012 at 1:48 pm
    Onyx says:

@POP ROYALTY ( THUG LIFE )
    I know he got me crazy, damn him.

38. April 25, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    Failure 03 says:

Some people are really either thickheaded or don’t want to listen to reasoning. The song isn’t out, he has Let Me See with Rick Ross and produced by Jim Jonsin airing very soon on Urban radios and has a number 1 hit on R&B Hip Hop right NOW.

Like what does it take for people to accept what Usher is trying to do? Make an album strictly based on R&B? He’s like the only top R&B artist left that gets bashed on when he tries to venture out. The n**** has club goers and dance-pop fans now with OMG and s***, he needs to hype them up as well because Climax ain’t their joint and Let Me See prolly won’t be either.

39. April 25, 2012 at 2:07 pm
    Hush says:

Usher is a sellout.

40. April 25, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    Todd says:

I dont like those beats, i need MUSIC

41. April 25, 2012 at 2:18 pm
    Dax says:

WTF??? This ain’t even cool… Usher is on some gay white boy s*** with this junk.

42. April 25, 2012 at 2:22 pm
    John92 says:

i normally don’t like these electro pop songs but this one right here sound quite promising. but hopefully this album will have two music elements on it – rnb and dance

43. April 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm
    MsThing485 says:

This is so sad, I don’t even recognize Usher anymore. If you had told me back in 1995-2008 that Usher of all people would start making silly ass Euro-club music, I wouldn’t have believed it for two seconds. Usher has officially lost me. Not only will I not buy this, I’m slightly tempted to get rid of my old Usher CDs from back in the day when I thought his music was real.

44. April 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm
    B. Hill says:

Way to p*** off your fans Ush.

45. April 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm
    MISHKA says:

His european fans didn’t like ‘Climax’, I guess he’s trying to please everybody…

46. April 25, 2012 at 2:44 pm
    Absolved says:

I knew this s*** was coming. “Climax” was just a front. The ‘urban’ music he’s putting out is him paying lip service so that black radio doesn’t totally abandon him while he and his label spends more energy courting the Becky’s and Joey’s in skinny jeans with all this corny ass pop s***. If you ask me, black folks should still shun his ass.

47. April 25, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    Theman says:

What you idiots don’t understand is that Usher is a great r&b artist, he is catering to all of his fans. Thats what a real artist does. Stop tripping. When folks make r&b y’all don’t buy it so shut your mouths. He has a number one r&b record out right now. It’s awesome as well.

48. April 25, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    DD1G says:

How is it that when Usher was in his late teens and early 20s he was making better, more solid music than he is now in his 30s? It’s like he’s going through early mid-life crisis with his dance/pop crap and completely forgot who his fans are and what they want.

Meh.

49. April 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm
    Failure 03 says:

It’s ironic that people say he’s a sellout when he has a number 1 song on Urban right now lol. Whatever man can’t please everyone. He should’ve released this later so SCREAM wouldn’t scare the urban fans away but I guess management want a top 10 or potential number 1 fast and before the album is out seeing as Streaming is big deal for being number 1 nowadays.

50. April 25, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    CeeJaye says:

This song is dog s*** compared to “U Got It Bad” and “You Make Me Wanna”. I’m tired of him coming out with these cheesy electro pop songs that sound like they were fished out of LMFAO’s toilet. If Usher wants to do something dancier then he needs to take it back to “Yeah.”

51. April 25, 2012 at 4:51 pm
    Boopi says:

@aishaaguilerakeys

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    ————————————————————————————————

I concur.

52. April 25, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    RIHANNANAVY CAPTAIN says:

I definitely will pass on this one. I’m a fan of R&B Usher. Next time, Sam, when you say he is “taking it back to the clubs” let me know whether you meant Jersey Shore or 40/40 kind.

I was hoping an URBAN club track like “Yeah”

53. April 25, 2012 at 7:49 pm
    GodChildblessone says:

you still the King Baby!!!!!! Usher is the best!!! that why he ‘s songs… are always….number one!!!!!!!! Usher is the BEST…. been A fan since day one….it Usher for life…. Yeah Man!!!!!!!!! keep making that money , being a good father……and role model…. He’s charities …………should I say more…..don’t worry Usher haters…. ain’t nothing but…………………………..admirers…………………………………………that why the song is going to be number one like all the rest…. when u staring making songs and hits…. let talk…..haters………Yeah Man………………………………….Usher!!!!!! love me some Usher…………………………

54. April 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm
    KylieciousRevolution says:

I really really really thought I was going to buy the newcoming Usher album after hearing Climax. Now I heard this one, NO thanks.