Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Keyshia Cole Visits 106 & Park; Talks Return To “Sad” Music

keyshia cole 106 e1343892281525 Keyshia Cole Visits 106 & Park; Talks Return To Sad Music

R&B chanteuse Keyshia Cole stopped by BET’s 106 & Park yesterday to plug her comeback single ‘Enough of No Love’.

During Cole’s candid chat with departing host Terrence J, she dished on marriage, motherhood, and re-embracing music. The latter provided the most insightful aspect of the interview; for the 30 year old deemed the”happier tone” of her last album, ‘Calling All Hearts’, as a musical misstep of sorts – crediting her fans for reminding her what they want from her.

Watch the interview after the jump…

Granted experimentation is key for artistic growth, survival in the music industry is often a case of knowing your strongest card and playing it until the end. It’s a practice Mary J. Blige is well-versed in, and one Ms. Cole seems to now understand too. Although, it must be said, the so-so performance of ‘Hearts’ was less an issue with the “happier” subject matter. It simply wasn’t a good album.

Here’s hoping her latest effort ‘Woman To Woman’ remedies that when it arrives this Fall. Because Keyshia gets it “right”, ala her still hot debut, she is a formidable force.

• August 2, 2012 at 3:02 am
    IOTA says:

Hate to say that I haven’t really listened to her since her hair was orange back in the day…*sighs*

credits Replied:

….Haven’t listened to hear since the second album….

*SCREAMS* I REMEMBER WHEN MY HEART BROOKKEE, I REMEMBER WHEN I GAVE UP LOVING YOU!!!

• August 2, 2012 at 3:10 am
    ThatAintRight says:

It is a good song. But I did not like this video at all!!. Reminded me a lil bit of Ciara’s Promise video and a Rhianna video all in one. She looked nice in the video though.

• August 2, 2012 at 3:35 am
    JOANNE says:

YAY I love Keyshia Cole. Glad she’s going back to the formula that made her become a successful artist. I actually didnt think Calling all Hearts was not bad, it was just a commercial failure. Enough of NO Love is my jam though and its making me excited to hear the full album Woman to Woman

• August 2, 2012 at 4:10 am
    #TEAMKEYSH says:

AND we love you KEYSH!!!!!

• August 2, 2012 at 4:40 am
    keep it 100% says:

Brandy and ashanti take note on how to promote a single. Not that dead crap you guys have been on!!!Im a fan of keyshia cole and her management is doing wonderes right now

Truth Replied:

GET BENT b****!!!!!!! #teambrandy

• August 2, 2012 at 5:58 am
    monstarebel says:

She looks gorgeous been a fan since the first album!! Her team is doing a great job with pushing this single unlike brandys!!!

Truth Replied:

w****!!!!!!! #teamvocalbible

• August 2, 2012 at 6:08 am
    Rubén says:

Ain’t you tired of hearing ‘Calling All Hearts’ was not a good album? Keyshia has remained one of the most consistent acts in music during this generation, releasing four albums that are true to her essence but stepping up her game with each of them at the same time. Great production, great vocals, great lyrics. I don’t understand people claiming that its underpeforming has to do with tackling happy topics. On one hand, what does it have to do with music quality? And on the other, more than a half of the material on it was definitely not showing a happy perspective.

Anyway, it’s only my opinion! I’m just glad that ‘Enough Of No Love’ is once again what I’d expect from Keyshia Cole, a woman who’s taking the risk of staying honest to her music. I think she deserves respect for that, especially when the outcome is this amazing. Anticipating ‘Woman To Woman’!

Truth Replied:

U rite, its UR opinion, hoe

Rubén Replied:

Yep, and I even expressed it respectfully ;)

truth(the real truth honeychile) Replied:

food for you

Jak Replied:

I completely agree. Keyshia is probably one of the only acts that can sell R&B/Urban music today. I don’t think she has to go “pop/mainstream” to push albums.

Also, Calling All Hearts was not a bad album. It had great tracks. The only issue is that the pace dragged tremendously throughout the album and the first single choice (w/Nicki Minaj) was detrimental.

notadummy Replied:

Ffking COSIGN I love Calling All Hearts. Keyshia is the only artist that you can play ALL her past albums back to back all they way through without skipping. I Fxxcks with Keyshia 100%

Mely B Replied:

I’m effing co-signing Reuben too! That album was not bad by any means. What tanked it was poor promo by her label & management; a bad lead single & cowardly people who spew negativity on these blogs. But like Reuben said, we all have our opinion of what good music is so those of us who actually bought & enjoy CALLING ALL HEARTS, will continue to do so.

• August 2, 2012 at 6:51 am
    I'm not throwing shade, but... says:

I hate the term haters! It makes it seem as if everyone had to like everything…
    Anyway, she is clearly channelling storm from X Men, i was expecting her eyes to go white and then a tornado appear in the studio.
    I like calling all hearts. I thought it was a good album so i hope this delivers.

The interviews on 106&Park are really short.

I'm not throwing shade, but... Replied:

*has

• August 2, 2012 at 7:24 am
    Truth says:

Funky b****

itsallright Replied:

Shut the f*** up u broke down disgusting tramp lookin b****

truth(the real truth honeychile) Replied:

well dayum!! now i see how ppl feel when i do that to them…I LIKE IT!!!

• August 2, 2012 at 7:42 am
    HATESANDRAROSE.COM says:

SHE HAS A NICE ASSSSSS…

DIOB Replied:

Yes she does. Keyshia has always had a nice ass since The Way It Is days. I love me some Keyshia Cole. She has been consistant with her music making thats why I will always support her.

• August 2, 2012 at 9:17 am
    mobwife says:

Oh, @Sam you do read my blog responses…lol :-)

I often say that Keyshia Cole & Mary J. Blige are floating down the same “woo is me, my man dun done me wrong” stream! Personally, I’m sick of it! I’m over the over-used theme of “GIRL POWER, GIRLS ONLY, ALL MEN especially black, men, ARE EVIL”. <– It's just not true, perhaps sometimes it's you!

I'm just so over it.

• August 2, 2012 at 9:32 am
    MH says:

Sometimes fans like to keep their artist in a box and it hinders their creativity. I’m not saying go completely against their wishes but you can’t allow your fans to keep you in a bind. Keyshia should try to balance between what she wants and want her fans want.

• August 2, 2012 at 9:42 am
    mobwife says:

I’m happy for her and her family! After seeing that God awful BET mess a few years ago, with her psychotic mother Frankie, I’m glad to see she has found happiness!

I couldn’t agree with her more about the haters! Never let that HATERS (most are prejudice & others self-loathing) steal your joy or stop you from pursuring your dreams. This applies to all be you an entertainer or an average Jill / Joe! Never give up on you!…damn a hater….

• August 2, 2012 at 10:20 am
    Nick says:

HOT YES, I like all of her albums-she is a good R&B artist, COME ON BRANDY I NEED U TO HIT THIS HARD BOO!!!!

• August 2, 2012 at 12:49 pm
    Pucci says:

I agree her last album really wasn’t a good a album. But I’m liking her new song, so I think I’ll be checking for it this time around.

• August 2, 2012 at 11:15 pm
    WOW says:

Why did she have a rude stank attitude when terrence would ask her a qestion she would be very rude not geting any of my money accept for the single