New Song: Dawn Richard – ‘On A String’

on a string Dawn Richard New Song: Dawn Richard   On A String

Before the arrival of her new LP ‘GoldenHeart’ at the start of 2013, Dawn Richard unveils her latest number ‘Heart On A String’.

Delivering a ‘cooler’ vibe to her viral smash ‘Bombs’, the love song boasts production from the ever impressive Druski,and is now available to enjoy below…

This Christmas, Richard will unveil a ‘Christmas EP’ in collaboration with the aforementioned Druski, explaining:

“Drew and I thought why not do an entire EP? It’ll be Christmas records but don’t expect ‘Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.’ It’s not a traditional Christmas album at all.”

• November 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm
    RodMod says:

Go head, Dawn!!!

You’re sounding amazing, as usual!

• November 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm
    dstrock says:

Absolutely perfect.

• November 2, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    Monstarebel says:

Omg beautiful i love it, her voice is amazing i really f**** with this chick!!

• November 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm
    Nopes says:

I’M REALLY LOVING ALL THAT DAWN HAS BEEN DOING! WISH HER MUCH SUCCESS!

• November 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm
    damn says:

is it me or at parts you had a chris brown sound esp on those high notes

NOW LOOK Replied:

it’s you clean your ears b****

• November 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    My hip, my back says:

You can always expect Dawn to release quality music. It’s a shame she is not as famous as artists who clearly have no integrity in the music the put out. Fast food music.

• November 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm
    MELODY2012 says:

Dawn is a real hustler. She is very driven for an indie artist.

• November 2, 2012 at 2:57 pm
    MC (Benron is a flop) says:

I love he voice. I know I say this every post but she is really talented and beautiful. Bring it on Dawn.

Alvino L. Hill Replied:

This is old man Alvino, just to say hello to you, and I,m the real old one. Alvino L.Hill

parajumpersjacketoutlet.stingerspirit.com Replied:

How come is she or he making use of a shawl with the price of which means that very warm?
    [url=http://parajumpersjacketoutlet.stingerspirit.com/]parajumpersjacketoutlet.stingerspirit.com[/url]
    parajumpersjacketoutlet.stingerspirit.com

• November 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    Hilly says:

Wow, the song is beautiful, I hope she’ll go far because her voice is gorgeous and unique!

• November 2, 2012 at 5:27 pm
    RG2 says:

Dawn always remains talented and consistent with her music and visuals, unlike her firmer bandmates of Danity Kane. I’m glad she didn’t stop, she just keeps on going, even w/o being signed to a label.

• November 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm
    credits says:

When i hear her layered vocals at certain parts, i am reminded of Brandy.

Sarah Says Replied:

You can be red marked all day long but i agree. There are parts in a lot of Dawns songs that sound like there is Brandy inspiration. When India Arie said those things to Brandy and how artists emulate her it was the truth told.

Back to the song. I really liked it although it did sound auto tuned/computerised in parts, maybe thats the effect

• November 2, 2012 at 8:14 pm
    BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

I love Dawn but I am not listening to any more music from “Goldenheart” b/c I want to be completely surprised when I buy it in Jan 13.

So excited for this album! But I really want to hit that play button! lol!

• November 2, 2012 at 8:29 pm
    ES says:

so good. cant wait for this album!

• November 2, 2012 at 9:57 pm
    QT says:

Im slowly but surely becoming a fan of Dawn. this song really touched me in a way & usually no one does that better other than Brandy

• November 3, 2012 at 2:50 am
    HALF AMAZIN says:

I like Dawn. I have Armour On and I love it but she DOES give me Brandy teas all day. Her voice is just higher pitched. This fits with the rest of Armour On. I like it

• November 3, 2012 at 10:55 am
    ftab says:

This is my favorite song love it so much Dawn is amazing

• November 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm
    Ant says:

Yes Dawn, bring some peace to this site’s salty ass comments section!!! Who can be angry when a song like this is playing? Yes, Brandy inspired Dawn, we get it, but I think Dawn may take that sound to a level that Brandy didn’t.

Any singer, should be able to sing a melody and then layer it an octave lower and then throw in another key with some runs to create a beautiful harmony, Brandy is NOT the only artist that has mastered this technique.

I love Brandy but bringing her up whenever something fresh and pleasant sounding hits the scene, is quite annoying. TBH, from the sounds of things ”Two Eleven” may be outshined by ”Goldenheart” in the quality department. JusSayin… Stars, open your ears and fall back, you know its true.