Watch: Katy Perry Presented Billboard’s ‘Woman of the Year’ Honor

shares
09cadbcf2b1daf7dc897547e582029e1 Watch:  Katy Perry Presented Billboards Woman of the Year Honor

‘Part of Me’ performer Katy Perry has seen part of her last year celebrate career milestones while her relationships in her personal life hit tombstones.

Indeed, as the ‘E.T.’ hitmaker has had other worldly success with her hit album ‘Teenage Dream’ and re-release ”Complete Confection’, what better way to complete the year than with a new accolade?

Crowned Billboard’s 2012 ‘Woman of the Year’ (despite minimal chart presence over the year), see the pop princess share her thoughts on the honor as well as dish to KatyCats about her next record:

Here’s hoping the next album sees Perry give more filling than fluff.  Filling that she has proven, on more than one occasion, she is more than capable of delivering.

shares

1. November 29, 2012 at 10:21 pm
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

Congratulations you definitely deserve it Katy….can’t wait for new music from her xoxo

• November 30, 2012 at 9:57 am
      Trev says:

did she? what hits did she have this year? and this is not shade cuz i love Katy, I’m just confused…honestly it should have went to Rihanna, Nicki or Taylor Swift

• November 30, 2012 at 9:58 am
        Trev says:

or Adele

2. November 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

Music officially died tonight!

• November 29, 2012 at 10:27 pm
      MC says:

You say this everyday, what else is new?

• November 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm
      Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

& Christinas voice officially died the night of the Amas oop

• November 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm
      Perry Power says:

Like Christina`s career?

• November 30, 2012 at 4:19 am
        Common Sense says:

That was back in 2010.

3. November 29, 2012 at 10:34 pm
    FlopIndicator says:

Manufactured at it’s best right herre.

4. November 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm
    MaZ says:

Overrated b!tch!

Adele anyone?… she deserves more the title.

• November 30, 2012 at 12:28 am
      Slayty Perry says:

When Adele performs for the leader of the free world we`ll talk

• November 30, 2012 at 4:20 am
        Common Sense says:

What does that have to do with anything? Oh wait let me answer: It has NOTHING to do with it. This b**** is a sorryass excuse for a “singer” and Adele more than deserved it.

• November 30, 2012 at 5:49 am
        MaZ says:

@ Shitty Perry, Seriously get your life together or have a seat somewhere!

5. November 29, 2012 at 11:02 pm
    NAVI says:

i love katy she have this girl ext door thing about that i like but woman of the year (2012) hmmmm adele is a better candidate in my opinion. oh well bring on the new album. i’m ready for you and your BFF Riri to slay together come 2k13.

6. November 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm
    AmbeRussell says:

this is kinda a yr to late. woman of 2011, not really 2012, she only had wide awake and part of me… BUT adele was 2011 so… i guess this is a better yr to honor her. though ppl say her music isnt good, but she is making pop corn music bc she knows it is what’s selling. but it is catchy, fun and it does what it is suppose to do, where there are others who make far worse music, who sing worse and put less into it, at lease katy always have decent videos for her music videos and is fun to look at and recorded voice is decent so… it is the right person since she had a good number of hits, that were hits on pop and adult stations, she had the movie, etc… so…
    AmbeRussell on YouTube

• November 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm
      Perry Power says:

I agree 2011 was her year

• November 30, 2012 at 12:27 am
      Slayty Perry says:

Adele only had album sales in 2011. Katy had a sucessful album, 3 #1s, the most successful artist fragrance of the year, and a sold out world tour

• November 30, 2012 at 4:22 am
        Common Sense says:

Why do you children keep bringing up fragrances like they have s*** to do with music? And her singles and album sales are less than nothing compared to Adele’s so don’t even pretend they’re in the same league.

• November 30, 2012 at 7:25 am
        CzarM says:

Adele’s album just went Diamond in the U.S. Is Katy’s album anywhere near that? No, I didn’t think so.

All Katy is is a gum-ball in the candy dispenser that is iTunes. Adele actually sells singles AND albums.

7. November 29, 2012 at 11:10 pm
    Perry Power says:

This title would have been more fitting for last year but better late than never I suppose

• November 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm
      Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

right Katy deserves it

• November 29, 2012 at 11:46 pm
      LTM says:

Gurl where have you been?

8. November 29, 2012 at 11:16 pm
    That B*tch (redbone) says:

I cannot stand this racist generic h** for nothin.
    Take your horrible music and shove it up your hairy ass.
    I really cant with this 30 year old woman still pretending to be a damn teenager.

• November 29, 2012 at 11:19 pm
      Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

um how is she racist? when her best friend is black TF?

• November 29, 2012 at 11:43 pm
        That B*tch (redbone) says:

Who is her best friend? Dont tell me its Rihanna cuz when was the last time you’ve seen these 2 pictured together? They cant be that close if they still haven’t released a song together either. What friend would call her girl a hoodrat? Seems like she has some blatantly wrong stereotypes about bw.
        Only a racist would date a guy that would say to the world that his d*** is like a kkk member or whatever tf he said. She also said some sly ish about asians too, dont remember what was said though.

• November 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm
        LTM says:

1. Her and Russell are divorced. She isnt his mom, hes a grown ass man who can say what he wants.
        2. Name one comedian who hasnt said a racist joke
        3. Her and Rih were at the VMAs together 2 months ago. Try again
        4. Plenty of artist who are friends have never worked together.Pop star collabos are rare.
        5. Calling Rih a hoodrat was in a joking way and isnt stereotyping since shes from the Barbadoes
        6 Katy has never said anything about asians

• November 30, 2012 at 12:22 am
      Slayty Perry says:

b**** she is not 30. Learn to count h**

9. November 29, 2012 at 11:31 pm
    Mario says:

What are seriously are the time for these awards. Wasn’t her 2010 or when she had the 7 number 1 singles.They need to check these yr things Congratulations anyway I loved her Teenage Dream album.

10. November 29, 2012 at 11:32 pm
    JER says:

Katy grrrrrl you a fake ass b**** but i eat your pop muzak up gorl LICKABLE!!!!!!!!!!

11. November 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm
    My forehead tho says:

who?

• November 29, 2012 at 11:40 pm
      Queen Brit Brit says:

The b**** scalped your fav ;)

• November 30, 2012 at 12:00 am
        LTM says:

DEAD

• November 29, 2012 at 11:44 pm
      That B*tch (redbone) says:

I love that shade girl

• November 30, 2012 at 12:21 am
      Slayty Perry says:

The b**** who ended your favs career in 9 months

12. November 29, 2012 at 11:41 pm
    Queen Brit Brit says:

I love this b**** :D

13. November 29, 2012 at 11:44 pm
    LTM says:

Lol I don’t understand why Billboard gives this award out to artist who have dominated the year before but congrats to Katy! As I’ve said before, she owns Billboard ;)

14. November 29, 2012 at 11:50 pm
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

Katy Perry = Legendary tied with king mj

• November 30, 2012 at 12:19 am
      Slayty Perry says:

No lies detected here

• November 30, 2012 at 4:25 am
      Common Sense says:

Hilarious the delusions of these brainwashed children. MJ had amazing talent. Katy Perry has BASIC singing abilities AT BEST.

• November 30, 2012 at 7:00 am
      XoMoDe says:

You gay ass clown. Michael has sold 700 million to a billion records worldwide. WHEN did Katy tie that? Shush you fruity q****.

15. November 30, 2012 at 12:10 am
    NFG (No f**** given) says:

Ehhh I like some of her songs but she’s overrated. Need to go away. Nothing special. As much as I want Rihanna to go away I hope she snatches her wig.

• November 30, 2012 at 12:49 am
      Slayty Perry says:

Never going to hapen

16. November 30, 2012 at 12:19 am
    Slayty Perry says:

Yas!! The King Charty Perry still snatching weaves with Teenage Dream!! These girls better push out them albums quick because in the summer of 2013 Katy is coming for more weaves to add to her collection

17. November 30, 2012 at 12:55 am
    V nasty (WGM) says:

Man somebody get this white pale ass HO out of here. f****** “I kiss a girl” jump off b**** I don’t give a f*** if you had s** with a girl HO I just don’t like you. I put out 2 mixtapes and got respect from the streets I did not have to make a song about kissing a girl so I can get some cheap change.

I don’t have respect for you HO get out my face f*** YOU’RE FAN BASE! f*** YOU’RE GIRLFRIEND! f*** WHAT YOU STAND FOR! f*** WHO EVER CARRY YOU’RE BAG!

I don’t give a f*** I said the n**** on my mixtapes and I’m still here nobody touch me cuz I roll with a gang of n*****.

18. November 30, 2012 at 1:05 am
    V NASTY (WGM) says:

Shout out gucci mane for giving me a chance we came out with a album that set the streets on fire. BAYTL album had the b****** in the club shaking ass and the b**** ass n***** hating.

I may not blow up but I’m working hard I’m putting on for my city.. n***** trip on me last year cuz I said n**** on my mixtapes and blame it on my homegirl kreayshawn but its all good. I’m still here ain’t nobody put they hands on me I’m gonna get this money f*** a hating ass n****.

Shout out gucci mane, kreayshawn, kitty pryde, chippy nonstop, waka flocka flame, lil’ B, White girl mob, honey cocaine, I f**** with them

19. November 30, 2012 at 1:38 am
    DTG says:

“KATY PERRY
    Take a Lady Gaga song; subtract about $5000 from the recording budget…slow down the tempo just slightly…remove some of the excessive over production…make the lyrics cornier…add harsher vocals…then pander it to an episode of Hanna Montana or Glee and you basically have Katy Perry: a formulaic, trite and annoying blend of valley girl, wannabe Lolita and fake rebel.

Ultimately, she comes off like a robotic singing Kardashian cousin, while posturing a pseudo rogue personality. It is as if some record producer said: “Let’s dress her up like a slutty Barbie Doll, autotune the f*** out of her, and she will sell!” Quite frankly, her music is dorky and sounds custom made for middle school dances. The popularity of it can only be explained by pondering that this is the sort of thing that just happens when fourteen year old girls and college-aged gay guys join forces to take iTunes hostage.

With five overplayed chart topping singles from her latest album, radio has just assumed that she is what people want to hear and therefore arbitrarily gotten behind every song she has put over the last year and a half…which not only makes her played the hell out, but pushes her into the realm of being a ‘fad’ (think Fergie circa 2007.) And we all know fads die hard. One more bite from Katy and people will begin to regurgitate. Katy Perry is very ’2011,’ we do not need her in 2012.”

• November 30, 2012 at 4:27 am
      Common Sense says:

In a nutshell. Middle school kids and gays with no taste in real music.

• November 30, 2012 at 5:25 am
      Lax says:

You go Katy and keep them songs coming because we all
      know that you too r a hard working Artist and Deserves each and everything that come your way from your hard work just
      like all the Others,,,,,Good For You Katy!!!!

20. November 30, 2012 at 1:47 am
    Emptytvr says:

Katy Who? I don’t know anybody by that name…

21. November 30, 2012 at 2:29 am
    TROR says:

She can’t sing and her music is cheesy.

• November 30, 2012 at 4:27 am
      Common Sense says:

That’s putting it lightly.

22. November 30, 2012 at 2:49 am
    EnRanc says:

The only good thing about this skank b**** are her ta-ta’s. Her music stinks and her voice is nails on a chalkboard.

23. November 30, 2012 at 5:25 am
    Lax says:

Best of Luck to You and Your Career Always Katy,,,,,

24. November 30, 2012 at 5:53 am
    HOTSTUFF says:

i like katy :’)

• November 30, 2012 at 6:58 am
      XoMoDe says:

Don’t be a fool all your life.

25. November 30, 2012 at 6:36 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

So this woman has not been on the charts this year and Billboard (magazine about the charts) names her woman of the year??????? LMAO
    Taylor Swift (she doesn´t deserve it) would be I suppose, or Adele I don´t know. But Katy Perry now? Hell we had to endure two year of pushing and pushing the f****** Teenage Dream album and desperate attempts at #1 singles and now still this????????
    Who the hell is responsible for this constant Katy-Rihanna pushing down our throats???? Prison for them please. People who underperform and have not talent enough shouldn´t be pushed until they finally make them succesful. It shouldn´t work like that

#sad

26. November 30, 2012 at 6:45 am
    SAINT TROPEZ LOVES RIH RIH says:
  27. November 30, 2012 at 6:48 am
    SAINT TROPEZ LOVES RIH RIH says:

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH CIARA

28. November 30, 2012 at 7:29 am
    SBC19 says:

Only laughably effeminate gay boys and dateless fat girls like b******* like this.

29. November 30, 2012 at 8:53 am
    Beyonce's Weave says:

Congratulations Miss Katy Perry, so happy for you. Can’t wait for new music.

30. November 30, 2012 at 9:51 am
    No b******* says:

The Navy only like her cos shes bravado ‘friends’ with their Rihatard. No Katy don’t deserve s*** her music is trash and wont stand the test of time. I’ll give her 3 more years.

31. November 30, 2012 at 9:54 am
    Karma says:

Has Rihanna won this? After all her achievments the Navy like to go on about non stop.

32. November 30, 2012 at 10:25 am
    ITCHY PUSS says:

Katy Perry? She didn’t have a big year in music. Adele and Taylor Swift had more success. Whatevs

33. November 30, 2012 at 10:56 am
    B. Hill says:

We’re supposed to be impressed that this no talent can sell singles, but not albums. Pssst. f*** outta here. And you fools had the audacity to try and brag about her “tying” MJ. Teenage Dream had 5 #1’s and is only double platinum in the U.S. and is probably at under 5 million sold WW. Michael’s Bad album (that has 5 #1 singles) is 8x platinum in the U.S. and has sold over 40 million WW.

I wouldn’t call that a tie.

34. November 30, 2012 at 11:04 am
    NFG No f**** given says:

Ritard is just as bad but didn’t she have like 12 number 1 singles? Rihanna has already snatched her wig. Oop.

35. November 30, 2012 at 11:53 am
    Hi5 says:

Congrats Katy baby, u deserve it! You the best this past year.

36. November 30, 2012 at 11:56 am
    Hi5 says:

Just by performing and by outwardly supporting President Obama in his re-election campaign is more than enough to get this humbling honor.

37. November 30, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    2ello says:

She truly deserves this! I’m sorry she is leading the pack in the pop scene! Facts don’t lie!!!! LOVE HER!!! Want new music!!!!!

38. November 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm
    2okay says:

Yess!!!! She is leading the pack!!!!!!! Truly deserves this

39. Vote

[…] Pretty busy girl!!!  Peep her on the cover with a video interview from Billboard HERE. //// View Comments // blog comments powered by Disqus var disqus_url = […]

40. June 16, 2013 at 3:46 pm
    young nudity says:

Hi there, only became alert to your site as a result of Search engines, and discovered that it’s actually useful. We’re usually very careful regarding the city. I’ll take pleasure in for those who go on that later on. Plenty of other folks are going to be benefited from your own composing. Cheers!