To Our Readers

Chris Brown Introduces Singer Sevyn Streeter On ‘106 & Park’ / Premieres ‘I Like It’ Video

sevyn streeter Chris Brown Introduces Singer Sevyn Streeter On 106 & Park / Premieres I Like It Video

As many a Chris Brown fan will attest, Sevyn Streeter has been an integral component of his material in recent times. Indeed, the singer-songwriter and former member of RichGirl has lent her pen to hits for the Pop star. She’s also crafted tracks for the likes of Alicia Keys and Brandy.

Now, Streeter is breaking out solo – serving up her first offering ‘I Like It’.

With the ball rolling on her promotional push, the stage blazer stopped by BET’s 106 & Park to introduce the cut’s accompanying video along with Brown.

Peep both the interview and video after the jump…

Yes, yes, and yes!

Any female who sings like Sevyn sings, dances like she dances, and shares our love for wind machines, is an artist after our hearts. Good song, great video. We’ll be keeping an eye on Ms. Streeter.

1. January 5, 2013 at 8:55 am
    toohotfortv says:

I love Sevyn but I think Jermaine Riley smashed this instrumental. She would’ve been better just transposing his notes and re-arrangining some of his words here or there. His writing just worked a little better.

2. January 5, 2013 at 9:10 am
    Sleazy says:

I love the video! But I just saw Beyonce. Kelly. Ciara in 1 video!! She slayed tho yessssssssssssssss

• January 5, 2013 at 1:14 pm
      PSA (FAF) says:

And Kelly !

• January 5, 2013 at 1:15 pm
        PSA (FAF) says:

I didn’t see u wrote that >.<

• January 6, 2013 at 4:37 am
      jamelisyours says:

exactlyyy, my thoughts lol, she killsss this … i hope Chris gets her fully out there so she can shine !

3. January 5, 2013 at 9:10 am
    kingbreezy says:

she’s doing it big..i think she should be our favorite new artist coz she can’t disappoint us

4. January 5, 2013 at 9:14 am
    My forehead tho says:

Somebody has been studying Beyonce’s videos -_-

5. January 5, 2013 at 9:16 am
    My forehead tho says:

Why is her face so long tho?

• January 5, 2013 at 11:37 am
      CHUDDS says:

Because thats how God made her, f*****. Let’s see your leprosy filled face.

6. January 5, 2013 at 9:22 am
    Stoney-Brie says:

Loving this girl!

7. January 5, 2013 at 9:22 am
    Flop Cheeta Whora gave Rob an STD from her 20 guys says:

Jay z done signed another rihanna wannbe from London. Her name is Arlissa.

• January 5, 2013 at 11:39 am
      CHUDDS says:

Every female he signs has the same look. What the hell is up with that? Jay should NOT be allowed to sign people. Sorry.

• January 5, 2013 at 8:47 pm
        Ritaoraisgoingtoblow says:

Arlissa looks nothing like Rihanna if I had to compare her with anyone it would be Cassie. She has very refined and delicate features unlike Rihanna. She also looks very Mediterranean.

8. January 5, 2013 at 9:26 am
    MISHKA says:

The skin of Kelly Rowland. The height and body of Lady Gaga. The face and hair of Necole Bitchie.

That’s what I saw. Where is “Sevyn Streeter” , the girl who made quite an impression with her high notes on “She ain’t you” ? I didn’t see that girl.

All those songwriters-singers should take notes from Keri Hilson and Bruno Mars: first, you tied yourself to a hit song by the hottest artist of the moment then you release your debut single which should be nothing less than a BANGER.

Sevyn you got the first part correct so where is the banger, honey?? And please, don’t play s*** if you’re not comfortable with it. You got a great voice, you need to show it. It would be enough for a start.

9. January 5, 2013 at 10:19 am
    IDK says:

Im sold, Im a fan and I will be following her from here on out.
    Go Sevyn!

• January 5, 2013 at 10:21 am
      IDK says:

I loved the fact she made it known she’s doing mainly hip hop and r&b! She’s about that life! Cheah!

10. January 5, 2013 at 10:27 am
    DIOB says:

Chris was right about her voice. She was my fav in Richgirl. She did a lot of songs on Chris’s Fame album. as soon as I heard the background vocals I was like that sevyn. lol. I really like her so I’m excited to see where this goes.

11. January 5, 2013 at 10:55 am
    Don't_Start_No_Shit!!! says:

I love the video Sevyn. I’ve always liked the the song… I heard it some time ago!!.. Congrats Sevyn! Show em who’s the real RICH GIRL!!!!

12. January 5, 2013 at 10:56 am
    Dev says:

I liked the song and had been playing it heavily until i saw the video which i thought was basic and pretty lame. Where are the “dance moves” you were bleating about? Where was the great concept that you gave the impression there was?
    Yes there was a relatively catchy song and a wind machine but not much else.
    I can’t stand La Cole but even she serves up better dance moves edited to look great

13. January 5, 2013 at 11:21 am
    eric says:

I don’t think the video does anything for her and she should really try to channel something that looks less like Beyonce and Ciara if she wants to show there’s something special about her. Her voice deserves it. I always loved RichGirl.

14. January 5, 2013 at 11:26 am
    CHUDDS says:

I was trying to figure out where I knew this girl from (besides RichGirl). Now I remember….she was a member of TG4 (the female B2K)! Well, I like her. She’s pretty, has a great voice, can dance….she’s everything Ciara should be! The song isn’t my favorite, but it’s cute. She’s a great songwriter, so I’m sure she has a few tricks up her sleeve.

• January 5, 2013 at 1:16 pm
      PSA (FAF) says:

YESSSSS TG4 “Secretly” is still my s*** ! Middle School days !

• January 6, 2013 at 8:04 pm
      Rev the Cool Nerd says:

Yes!!! I thought I was the only one who knew about TG4 lol I still have “Virginity” on my iPod #noLie lol I’m glad she’s getting her own shine though :D

15. January 5, 2013 at 12:11 pm
    pat says:

if she were cuter….beyonce would have some legit competition

16. January 5, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    @PEGGYHYLS5 on instangram says:

Lol BEYONCE STYLE!!!

17. January 5, 2013 at 1:23 pm
    @PEGGYHYLS5 on instangram says:

She is crap weak!!! Chris Brown now have a record company? How did he sign him?

18. January 5, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    SHA (I have DESTROYED Rita WhOra now PAIGE THOMAS) says:

Sorry this is the MUSIC BUSINESS AKA IMAGE DRIVEN and she is not good looking at all good voice she should stick to being in a group or being a songwriter I dont see her making it at all maybe a top20 hit on the billboard RNB if Chris promotes her right but thats all!!!!

19. January 5, 2013 at 2:35 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

So Chris is her mentor, poor girl.

• January 5, 2013 at 2:44 pm
      That B*tch says:

Same thing I thought.
      Jokes of all jokes.
      :D

20. January 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    That B*tch says:

She’s a good singer/song writer.
    Whats is she doing working for a flop like Christina Maurica Brown?

21. January 5, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    quetta says:

I have no clue who she is but I don’t like it I love it, lol. The dances moves were on point and it’s a decent song. Keep up the good work.

22. January 5, 2013 at 7:56 pm
    bam bam says:

The song is a grower but she can sing dance and not bad to look at so she could have a shot

23. January 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm
    chyna white says:

Ciara & Usher – Turn it up (Music Video !) [HD]: http://youtu.be/VUuVfQF9wUQ via @youtube

24. January 5, 2013 at 10:26 pm
    Yo Mammy says:

I like it!

25. January 6, 2013 at 11:58 am
    Randall says:

She is cool she looks just like Tiffany Evans though…

26. January 6, 2013 at 3:27 pm
    Chile Please!! says:

Here we go with the f****** comparisons…..OMG! Why when a new artist come out they can’t just be THEM? Ugh….I swear ya’ll must be some teeny boopers on this blog! b**** slayed……I can say one thing she resembles K. Michelle & that’s it….this chick has her own style & can sing. Let her be HER!

27. January 16, 2013 at 5:03 pm
    End Of Time says:

i Like Her ..Good Pick Chris :D

28. January 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm
    mob: that chick Cleopatra Jones says:

OMG, Se7en is gorgeous & talented. Go girl.

I always love my baby Breezy! F*ck the haters…..