Rita Ora: ‘I Didn’t Expect My Success’

rita ora how we do video 550x331 Rita Ora: I Didnt Expect My Success

1.3 million UK units sold.

3 #1 singles.

1 #1 album.

The above, all achieved within the space of a year. Only right then, that ROC belle Rita Ora is hailed as the UK’s fastest rising and most celebrated Pop debutante.

Of course, while herimage would be better served if it centred around her stunning voice and not her friendship with Cara Delivingne, the last few months have seen score wins some of her closest rivals didn’t score until years after their debut.

Now watch as she discusses her ascent with Rio Ferdinand’s #5 below. An interview, which sees her admit that her success came as a surprise to her.

Check it out after the jump…

As work continues on her second album, here’s hoping more effort is placed in endorsing Rita the musician and not Rita the celebrity. For, despite the critical acclaim she nabbed with ‘ORA‘, recent months have seen her develop a brand of celebrity that she- in keeping it really real- is far too talented to indulge in.

Fact of the matter is…. Rita has the talent and aesthetic to nab Rihanna’s notoriety while enjoying Gwen’s credibility -if armed with the right material and promo that puts emphasis on the talent showcased below…

• May 11, 2013 at 9:17 am
    Jennefer says:

Good for her!

LaLopez Replied:

Ugh! TGJ stan for this girl she’s Queen Cleopatra or something.

TrickinForRita Replied:

That’s because TGJ stan for talent.

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

They stan for anyone willing to do an interview..

• May 11, 2013 at 9:17 am
    Britney Stan says:

What Success?? the b**** is no one outside the UK!

Btw them eyebrows look horrible

Likica Replied:

You don’t have to look like a movie star
    Ooh I think you’re good just the way you are
    Tell me if you could would you up and run away with me?

You don’t have to roll like a millionaire
    Baby I would go with you anywhere
    We don’t need no gold, we’ll be shining anyway, we’ll see

You know can nobody get down like us
    We don’t … ’till we get enough
    C’mon, turn it up ’till the speakers pop
    Break it down, show me what you’ve got

Ooh my my baby don’t be shy
    I see that spark flashing in your eye
    My heart beats fast ’cause I want it all
    So baby come with me and be my ooh la la

Take my hand, we can go all night
    And spin me round just the way I like
    It feels so good, I don’t wanna stop
    So baby come with me and be my ooh la la

You don’t have to wear no designer clothes
    Just as long as we’re dancing on the floor
    Fingers in my hair and I’m letting go tonight, so free

These are the lyrics of Britney’s upcoming song Oh La La for The Smurfs 2.

Rita is queen Replied:

Britney body looks horrible b**** tell her to do something about them line backer shoulders.

truth(icki's b**** ASS STANS can EAT ME honey!! Yall b**** is a STANK p**** FLOP chile! (puckers lips like Drake)) Replied:

Deeeeeeeeath honey! I was gonna say something ugly about her but seeing that u slayn those who do ill just say GOOD FOR U RITA.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:22 am
    #DirtyLaundry says:

THE MOST OVERRATED NOBODY! SHE’S NOT EVEN ON CARLY RAE JEPSENS LEVEL.

Rita is queen Replied:

Niether is Kelly Flopland & shes been out since the late 90s lmao :)

• May 11, 2013 at 9:22 am
    JARED (WHITE DUDE) says:

Well… Internationally:

YOU’RE A FLOP.

So, take it all in… You’re currently on your 14th minute!!!

>>>

• May 11, 2013 at 9:22 am
    Blue says:

What tgj is forgeting to mention is rihcopy has sold 1.3 records(0.3mil albums) world wide.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:26 am
    Mother Monster says:

So your saying with 3 number 1 singles & a number 1 album the whole era has only sold 1.3 million wtf??? Sam please stop endorsing this flop its becoming embarrassing she gets all the promo in the world and can’t sell for s***

• May 11, 2013 at 9:30 am
    Markell says:

Your succeful??

Kim Kardashian Stan Replied:

honey its successful.. & no shes really not that successful just overrated annoying and a copy cat

• May 11, 2013 at 9:30 am
    rih the UNSLAYABLE DRAGON says:

I bet she didn’t expect her flopage either…chile she aint s***.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:31 am
    Blue says:

when considering original-recipe-rihanna has three 1mil selling singles in he uk alone! And one never even reached #1

Likica Replied:

Did you know that Love The Way You Lie is certified 11xPlatinum in the USA thanks to their new charting rule (including streaming) and that We Found Love is 7xPlatinum?

HerNameIsSasha Replied:

Did you know the love of her life thinks she’s a ho.

hammer Replied:

did you know you have no proof of this…

Likica Replied:

With the launch of the new program, RIAA today is awarding the following artists/songs with new certifications: 30 Seconds To Mars/”This Is War,” Adele/”Rolling in the Deep, “Aerosmith/”I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing,” Andy Grammer/”Keep Your Head Up,” Anna Kendrick/”Cups,” Avril Lavigne/”Smile,” Ca$h Out/”Cashin’ Out,” Carly Rae Jepsen/”Call Me Maybe,” Carrie Underwood/”Before He Cheats,” Cher Lloyd/”Oath,” Don Omar/”Danza Kuduro,” Drake/”Started from The Bottom,” Emeli Sandé/”Next To Me,” Eminem/”Love The Way You Lie,” Frank Ocean/”Thinkin Bout You,” Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder/”The Fighter,” Imagine Dragons/”Radioactive,” J. Cole/”Workout,” Jake Owen/”Alone With You” and “Barefoot Blue Jean Night,” Jason Derulo/”Watcha Say” and “Ridin’ Solo,” Josh Turner/”Why Don’t We Just Dance,” Journey/”Don’t Stop Believin,’” Juanes/”La Camisa Negra,” Justin Bieber/”Baby,” Justin Timberlake/”Suit & Tie,” Kansas/”Dust In The Wind,” Kanye West/”Stronger,” Kelly Clarkson/”Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You),” Kelly Rowland/”Motivation,” Kendrick Lamar/”Poetic Justice,” Kenny Chesney/”The Boys Of Fall,” Lady Gaga/”Bad Romance,” Lana Del Rey/”Video Games,” LMFAO/”s*** And I Know It,” M83/”Midnight City,” Michael Jackson/”Billie Jean,” Of Monsters And Men/”Little Talks,” Olly Murs/”Troublemaker,” One Direction/”Little Things,” P!nk feat. Nate Ruess/”Just Give Me A Reason,” Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera/”Feel This Moment,” Rihanna/”We Found Love,” Robin Thicke/”Lost Without U,” Selena Gomez & The Scene/”Love You Like A Love Song,” The Black Keys/”Lonely Boy,” The Fray/ “Over My Head (Cable Car),” The Script/”The Man Who Can’t Be Moved,” The Weeknd/”Wicked Games,” Toby Keith/”Beers Ago,” Train/”Drive By,” Usher/”Scream,” Whitney Houston/”I Will Always Love You,” Will.i.am/”Scream & Shout” and Wisin & Yandel/”Follow The Leader.”

EMINEM LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE (FEAT. RIHANNA) JUNE 21, 2011 MAY 09, 2013 INTERSCOPE/GEFFEN/A&M DIGITAL 11.00X MULTI PLATINUM SINGLE SOLO

RIHANNA WE FOUND LOVE SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 MAY 09, 2013 ISLAND/DEF JAM DIGITAL 7.00X MULTI PLATINUM SINGLE SOLO

Feel free to take your seat _/

• May 11, 2013 at 9:33 am
    Kim Kardashian Stan says:

You haven’t seen real success because your to busy trying to be the next b****.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:35 am
    Liberation says:

I’ve never heard any of her music….

• May 11, 2013 at 9:36 am
    RitasLipstick says:

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Cara is using Reets for fame and I’m not here for it.

AlexandraIsPretty Replied:

Like attracts like. If Cara is a fame w**** so is Rita.

RitasLipstick Replied:

f*** you. This is exactly what I’m saying, them hanging out together makes it seem like its for the cameras and the only one getting anything out of it is Cara.

Blackout2.0 Replied:

Tbh I do have to agree with RL today because I see it too. This Cara girl spends more time in the clubs than on the cat walk and it looks so trashy. Rita’s music is s*** but her voice isn’t and she needs to drop the dead weight because so many people want to her flop already.

BrixtonMassive Replied:

At the end of the day if Rita is too blind to see half of the people in her camp are using her she is a fool. There’s one new leech she’s been hanging around with, I don’t know his name but he’s black and begs it with any celebrity he can get his hands on. When I saw pictures of him and her in Las vegas I literally wanted to scream. She needs to wise up and focus on her music really.

RitasLipstick Replied:

@BrixtonMassive I know exactly who you mean, but only because all my friends laugh at him buying his Twitter followers. I can’t believe she hangs around with him.

PrincessTweedy Replied:

The irony of an Alex stan talking about fame whores when most of her friends are the same.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:38 am
    rih the UNSLAYABLE DRAGON says:

I mean the only real success was f****** rob. Because its the only thing she’s known for. f****** a Kardashion like ray j. Nobody but the people on this website still even hear anything related to rayj ora. Why? cuz she’s a flop ass b****.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:40 am
    Mimi Carey says:

Her success was given to her she didn’t work to get there… What has she done to deserve to be on the cover of vouge

BeyWhoUWanna Replied:

The same thing Mariah did to get her first deal.

more Replied:

the only difference is she could sing and sell s*** in America

Dev Replied:

Although i dont think so, even if you were right at least Mariah married the man. Also, when she cut him loose she got even more successful. The moment Rita leaves Jay its all over forever

• May 11, 2013 at 9:41 am
    RiRi Bad says:

Until she makes it in America she ain’t s***!

Lana Del Slay Replied:

Then Rihanna was a flop till 2007 because nobody cared before then.

Liberation Replied:

But Rihanna had platinum albums and #1 hits before 2007…. O_O

BitchyBey Replied:

Don’t lie b****. MOTS didn’t even go Gold and we know AGLM didn’t either so Imma need you to SET DOWNE!

more Replied:

music of the sun sold 593,000 A girl like me sold 1,330,000 ritas debut album sold only 242,500. Not to mention all of the hit single she had back in 05 and 06.

RiRi Bad Replied:

b**** please Rihanna had her first hit with pon de replay her first album went GOLD… then in 2006 released her 2nd album she got her first number 1 single s.o.s & first platinum album… Rita has no certifications in the US

rih the UNSLAYABLE DRAGON Replied:

Rih had countless number ones and platinum albums before she blew up in 07.

• May 11, 2013 at 9:50 am
    Daddy2rough says:

s***, neither did I. Anyway …

• May 11, 2013 at 9:50 am
    POP ROYALTY (Bohemian Grove) says:

Yes She’s Successful , As a LOCAL UK act.

Seriously , with this amount of promo she constantly get , I expected her “Ora” to be certified At least “2x Platinum” by now in the UK. :roll:

• May 11, 2013 at 9:51 am
    Hive says:

I CAN’T WITH HER OVERRATED ASS

• May 11, 2013 at 9:52 am
    Hive says:

ENJOY THIS TINY BIT OF SUCCESS GURL CAUSE FOR YOUR WACK ASS THIS IS AS HIGH AS IT GETS FOR YOU

• May 11, 2013 at 9:56 am
    soulmusiclover says:

pardon me, have i missed something?? which success? girl, your music sucks big time! i’ve heard more about her appearances on red carpets than about her music! you are a fame w**** not an artist! that’s different

• May 11, 2013 at 9:56 am
    Rita is queen says:

Everyones so JEALOUS of the QUEEN & her SUCCESS especially Rihtard Navy

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

What exactly is she queen of and what success are u referring to? …I’m confused…

• May 11, 2013 at 9:59 am
    RadiORA says:

YAASSS at TGJ spilling the true tea. Tyty said the same thing about her last year, he said she makes friends too easily and is too trusting.

• May 11, 2013 at 10:27 am
    Dev says:

Stunning voice! Imma about itred of this blog and its overhyping

VisionOfMimi Replied:

If you’re signed to Roc, they stan for you by default.

• May 11, 2013 at 10:32 am
    MariahIsMusic1 says:

Who’s Rita Ora? Next. Cu’mon can’t even reach kesha’s success

• May 11, 2013 at 11:08 am
    KEY says:

Excuse me….who?

• May 11, 2013 at 11:40 am
    the real xoxo says:

her album isn’t even UK platinum (300k) which is horrible considering she is one of the most overexposed popstars of the past year.

• May 11, 2013 at 11:51 am
    Lovebird says:

Good for her and good luck to her. All the best honey.

**Plays Rita Ora – Hello, Hi, Goodbye**

• May 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm
    Youmadbeeeotch says:

Blotchybey, I mean bitcjybey. Your an idiot get your facts straight on Rihanna. Quit your hater lying. Quit being jelli Rihanna is super successful. Your pathetic :)

• May 11, 2013 at 12:15 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

Success???? The only time i hear about this Slore is on TGJ i’m confused…how so?

• May 11, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    JER says:

It’s a good thing she didn’t expect success.

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

Why would she? She’s a flop..

• May 12, 2013 at 3:19 am
    ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) says:

Since when did obvious payola become something to boost about and call success? Rita please go somewhere with that bullish*t.

• May 13, 2013 at 10:14 pm
    jessica says:

just another ho who spread her legs or bent over to get famous. I pity the real talented people who can’t get discovered for their “real” talent today.