To Our Readers

Toni Braxton & Babyface Bump ‘Love, Marriage & Divorce’ To February 2014

toni braxton babyface love marriage divorce Toni Braxton & Babyface Bump Love, Marriage & Divorce To February 2014

Fans of Toni Braxton and Babyface‘s brand of grown and sexy have to wait a while longer for the pair’s sizzling new album ‘Love, Marriage, & Divorce’.

Full story after the jump…

Preceded by Urban AC hit ‘Hurt You’, the collaborative project was initially due in stores on November 25th. However, an announcement from the label releasing the project, Universal Motown, confirmed that the set will now arrive on February 4th 2014 - “just in time for Valentine’s Day” the accompanying press release read.

***********

Granted the Holiday’s are often the best time for sales, we’re not against the pushback. Having heard much of the album, we can vouch for its hotness, hence it’s important that it’s given the right “setup” to really blaze in its lane. Therefore, Valentines, in light of the LP’s theme, is a smart window.

What’s more, reliable intel tells us the upcoming season of Braxton Family Values is also likely a cause. Set to commence at the start of November and run right through until (you guessed it) February, Toni’s segments will focus on the recording of the album. As such, it’s a given that fans are more likely to purchase the LP at the climax of the season if they’ve watched how it was pieced together.

Anyway, enough of our rambling. Are you still amped for ‘Love, Marriage, & Divorce’? We know we are!

1. |
    October 24, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    stan says:

that’s not a bad decision, tbh…

• |
      October 24, 2013 at 8:21 pm
      coomberoe86568 says:

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on ==BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen0rg===. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. xcbxcb

2. |
    October 24, 2013 at 2:30 pm
    Navy Nick says:

IDK man, R&B is just not doing well now-a-days, IT PISSES ME OFF…I really wanted this album next mth, I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE GOOD!!! UGH I am sick of POP TART MUSIC running the charts!!!!

3. |
    October 24, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    LOL says:

I’M KINDA BUMMED ABOUT THAT TOO, BUT THE SETUP DOES MAKE MORE SENSE. I KNOW IT’LL BE WORTH THE WAIT!!

4. |
    October 24, 2013 at 3:56 pm
    Baby says:

Alright Ashanti Jr. This why artist need to know for sure before releasing dates.

5. |
    October 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    mr.m says:

UGH!!!
    Seriously???
    I need that album like right NOW!
    My ears really needs some quality music + Toni’s voice.
    I CAN’T WAIT!! SMH.

6. |
    October 24, 2013 at 5:12 pm
    Gary C says:

so gutted. i really can’t wait for this new toni stuff! love her!

7. |
    October 24, 2013 at 7:30 pm
    Johnnyboy says:

I absolutley love the song ‘Hurt you” and if it’s indicative of the entire album then it’ll be worth the wait. With Babyface on it, it has to have some awesome melodies. I’m sure they knew it would be released in Feb long before now though.

8. |
    October 24, 2013 at 9:48 pm
    eric says:

I hope it doesn’t hurt the project, because they had a good momentum going. If they can fill the gap with a remix or another single, then February could still end up working well.

• |
      October 27, 2013 at 10:54 am
      Sundayluv says:

That is so true the buzz and momentum was already there. I don’t know but reality shows can only do so much especially BFV where Toni is not even the star of the show. I feel like Toni should rely on the music to promote itself. I hope there is another single in the meantime. The music remind us of how great she is, the reality is all about Tamar it doesn’t do much for Toni…. I am disappointed! Another dope single and release the album in midst of BFV so that Toni is everywhere. Don’t try to stretch one single the whole winter then drop an album when the show ends. That’s just dumb.