Exclusive: JoJo Dishes On New Album, New Label, & More

It’s all new everything for singer JoJo.

The vocal powerhouse is currently cooking up her third studio album, which looks set to be her most emotionally-charged yet.

Hotly anticipated, the LP will serve as the star’s first since winning her release from previous label and signing with new home Atlantic Records.

That Grape Juice caught up with the 23-year-old at the Broccoli City Festival, who readily dished on her new project, when fans can expect it, and much more.

Hit ‘PLAY’ above to watch our interview with JoJo!

Sponsored

1. May 7, 2014 at 12:03 pm
    phillydoinit says:
    +15

Now this is a true artist. This next album from her will excel without a doubt. She is past dope! She’s a Beyonce fan and so am I. Us Beyonce fans need to stick together. Can’t wait to purchase some Jojo material! 🙂

• May 7, 2014 at 9:17 pm
      susiexcbxc says:

If you are SINGLE and interested in black women dating white men, white women looking for black men, go to JOIN the best and largest Interracial dating site on —————- BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen. Or g————. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

2. May 7, 2014 at 12:14 pm
    The Way It Is says:
    +14

She’s f’n underrated… One of the best voices of our generation.

• May 7, 2014 at 1:37 pm
      Ariana'sGrand says:

Don’t exaggerate.

• May 7, 2014 at 1:42 pm
        VisionofMimi says:

Jealous are we?

• May 7, 2014 at 1:47 pm
        The Way It Is says:

I said “one of the”. Also Ariana is one of them too.

• May 7, 2014 at 1:53 pm
        Ariana'sGrand says:

If anyone’s jealous it’s you. YM still bubbling under the bubbling under charts.

• May 7, 2014 at 2:34 pm
      pu$$y juice lover says:

N***** whats a ariana? Jojo shitss all over that useless screeching bimbo

3. May 7, 2014 at 12:34 pm
    Gracie says:

Yes, yes, yes!!! Finally some talent! I cannot wait to hear her new material! Hopefully it’s coming sooner than later.

4. May 7, 2014 at 1:38 pm
    JanetXone says:

I loved this.

5. May 7, 2014 at 1:40 pm
    HistoRih says:

Great interview.

• May 7, 2014 at 1:48 pm
      BaddieBey says:

Their interviews are always good 2bh.

• May 7, 2014 at 1:59 pm
        BrandNuStar says:

Their Ciara ones are the best imo.

6. May 7, 2014 at 1:55 pm
    KatyKadet says:

I’m very happy for her, I think she has a genuine spirit and it really shines through in this interview.

7. May 7, 2014 at 1:57 pm
    Beygency says:

I LOVE JoJo. Her #LoveJo EP is fantastic. I can’t wait for her to come back & slay. Such a true talent.

8. May 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm
    pu$$y juice lover says:

Jojo was supposed to be one of the main chicks in the game too bad her bloody dike label f***** her up for 7 years, anyway im glad she finally in a bettrr place and i know she will deliver, she is talented and deserves the success.

9. May 7, 2014 at 2:42 pm
    pu$$y juice lover says:

Andddd again for the delusional ariana stan above ariana aint got s*** on her mothapucka

10. May 7, 2014 at 8:51 pm
    eric says:

I’m looking forward to new music, but I’m kinda curious what’s made her speaking voice become raspy in the last few years.

11. May 10, 2014 at 1:47 pm
    Navy Commander says:

I’ve never heard any of her music. What should i listen to first?

• May 10, 2014 at 2:05 pm
      Ashleigh says:

Lol really? I suggest listening to her debut album “Jojo”(Leave, baby it’s you, keep on keeping on, never say goodbye)
      Then listen to her sophomore album The High Road (too little too late, the high road, how to touch a girl)
      -Marvin’s room
      -Demonstrate
      -Billions
      -Take The Canyon
      -disaster
      -Rapture
      -Take Me Home
      -Glory

• May 10, 2014 at 2:19 pm
        Navy Commander says:

Thanks sis . Idk why but I used to get her confused with Becky g thts why I never listened to her

12. May 10, 2014 at 2:22 pm
    coolness says:

I remember when JoJo was hot on the scene with her debut back in ’04! She was so cute and I loved her song, Baby It’s You so much i overplayed to death! This girl could’ve been huge but her label REALLY screwed her over. I mean, come on, she was supposed to play Hannah Montana before Miley was considered so that says a lot about where her career trajectory was headed. Homegirl can sing DOWNE! That her new EP, LoveJoJo had some heavenly vocals to die for. I shed a tear when I heard her sing Glory. Some of these pop girls could NEVER! Defs looking forward to her new music.

13. May 10, 2014 at 2:24 pm
    eric says:

I went back and watched some of her live performances. Some of her 1st album’s songs I got mixed up with her 2nd album because they all sounded so fresh and mature. I almost forgot just how much I liked JoJo. I’m ready for the new project.

14. May 10, 2014 at 2:44 pm
    Navy Commander says:

she still has time to be a hot artist, she’s only 23

15. May 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

Im supporting her 100%… Im here for it!

16. December 14, 2014 at 4:23 pm
    fabulous antique english hand says:

Hello there! This blog post couldn’t be written much better!

Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept preaching about this. I most certainly will forward this post to him.
    Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!