Mariah Carey Announces ‘The Elusive Chanteuse Show’ Tour / Teases New Material

mariah carey elusive chanteuse show thatgrapejuice 600x320 Mariah Carey Announces The Elusive Chanteuse Show Tour / Teases New Material

Is Mariah Carey a diva redeemed?

Released in May, the singer’s new album ‘Me. I Am…Mariah. The Elusive’ came and went like a thief in the night – only forgetting to bag any sales in the process.

However, it appears ol’ Mimi has a trick up her sequinned sleeve.

Details below…

As previously reported, news of live dates in Asia surfaced recently. Yet, today saw the songbird formally announce a new tour christened ‘The Elusive Chanteuse Show’.

Set to play to major venues in the Asian region (including select stadiums), the trek (which is seeing many dates almost sold out already) kicks off in Tokyo, Japan on October 4th. CLICK HERE for full dates.

Interestingly, the diva is continuing to tease new material and is quoted in the tour’s press release as saying:

“I want to experience the spontaneity and emotion that I put into this album on stage with my fans. I can’t stop writing songs so don’t be surprised if you hear a brand new song that I just wrote the night before the show in your city!”

No word yet on whether the jaunt will be journeying elsewhere – although we wouldn’t hold our breath. Because, while it’s smart to play large venues for an audience that still go hysterical for you, the tour would likely have to drastically downsize if it were to play to a US audience – for example – who’ve not been buying her music in recent years.

That said, on the merit of her name alone, Carey could easily command large, arena-sized audiences in Europe – especially as she’s not performed full-length concerts there in almost a decade.

Either way, it’s good to see her turning her toilet water sales into a fine touring wine. More power to her.

• August 18, 2014 at 3:44 pm
    GaGa's Tampon says:
    +22

SMH why do I even bother with this site and the shade they keep throwing at Legendriah
    I wonder why Sam dislikes Mariah

truth Replied:

Ol’ Mimi = weak attempt at shade.

Truth Tea Told Replied:

:D :D :D her ol’ money and bank account must be drained out. Poor Mariah…cant even remember when she last hit #1

Wendy Wills Replied:

Poor Mariah…cant even remember when she last hit #1.
    1972 is it???

Artgrave Sagging Tombstone Tour Replied:

Gaga 3 #1s
    Mariah 18 #1s

Yes, Gaga can eat tampons…

stictioncz Replied:

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. JOIN FIND Black Men Dating White Women, White men Black Women dating on== ♥ BlackMen Dating WhiteWomen(.) o r g ♥ == Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful. Have a try. You are not alone. cvbxcb

• August 18, 2014 at 3:48 pm
    Theman says:

People are always buying her music.
    They buy her back catalogue. She
    Hasn’t done anything at all for her
    new album.. She needs a video
    Promo & a hit single.. She
    needs to revamp this era
    in the US. She’s doing arenas
    and stadiums that’s sheer
    STAR POWER THERE !!
    She’s a brilliant woman. Remain
    bitter Sam, ole hating azz !!!!

• August 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm
    Slay_Hive says:

#BeyInspired ;)

GaGa's Tampon Replied:

Slay_Hive Replied:

Hun isn’t your fave #MadonnaInspired kii BYE

GaGa's Tampon Replied:

One of my favs is your fav so why the hostility?

Slay_Hive Replied:

Oh no sweety there’s no hostility. I was obviously returning the shade! :D

SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) Replied:

R8 is just around the corner sweetheart. LEGENDRIAH should be the least of your worries. :)

Slay_Hive Replied:

Mariah And Rihanna are the least of my worries..Ig uess Since Mariah Flopped youll be bandwagoning with the navy??? kii

SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) Replied:

I’ve always supported Queen Fenty but I see you’re back to your trolling ways. Girl gone. *waves goodbye*

Slay_Hive Replied:

And I see you’re back to hopping on my d***. I dont troll I just simply state my opinion. ;)

Stephy. Replied:

OOOOKAY! No shade, but Mimi needs to BEY-Inspired by Queen Bey & learn a few things about putting on a SHOW! Chile… I still love my Mimi tho.

• August 18, 2014 at 3:55 pm
    Stephy. says:
    +16

Goooooo Mariah! Ugh, I hope her ass sings LIVE! Also, Sam stays shading Mariah & Rihanna 24/7… “Toilet Water Sales” REALLY SAM!?!?
    The album is a flop but it still has shifted the same amount as other “flops” this year like J HO, Shakira & others. But, when you post about them its all praise & no shade whatsoever…
    MARIAH GURL YOU BETTER DELIVER SOMETHING OTHER THAN FINGER WAVES & LIP SYNCING… Chile…

GaGa's Tampon Replied:

Do you think she can redeem herself with this tour? Was watching some clips from her advocates whatever the name is tour some of her performances were messy

Stephy. Replied:

Girl, I do NOT know. Honestly, it might be a disaster like Whitney Houston’s last tour before she eventually died. Chile, Mariah needs to learn how to put on a smoke N mirrors (Madonna) type show. To distract from her LACK of talent cause chile… I hope this is not gonna be her “Whitney Houston 2010 Type Tour”

GaGa's Tampon Replied:

Or be better if she did most if her old songs
    Though I don’t think I’ll forgive her for ruining this song

• August 18, 2014 at 4:08 pm
    LB (Shanene > Wanda) says:

YAAASSSSSS Mimi, I hope she tours my city so I can get some tickets and see her live.

This is awesome, Chanteuse is such an amazing album that Mariah wrote by herself. She is an amazing all around musician, a real legend.

Cannot wait.

Now Playing: Supernatural

Stephy. Replied:

YASSSSSSSSSS Shanene In Da House!!!!

LB (Shanene > Wanda) Replied:

Yassss Ma, Shanene slaysss

• August 18, 2014 at 4:08 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

Smart move, tours>>>>>>>albums sales/ #1 singles.

Stephy. Replied:

Chile, she is selling out stadiums in Japan. lol, those poor folks must not know Mimi cannot sing like 1995 no mo’… I REALLY hope Mariah pulls something out of her ass! I would hate to see her gain ANOTHER disaster LIVE show under her belt.. Chile…

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Remember this is gonna be a tour, things will be more organized.

Stephy. Replied:

I hope so Paul. :(

Suicide Blonde Replied:

You calling me by my name, rare :-D

• August 18, 2014 at 4:14 pm
    INstinct says:

I’ve seen her three times. She puts on a good show.

Stephy. Replied:

REALLY? Please, did you see her LIVE in THIS decade? Did she really entertain you?

• August 18, 2014 at 4:21 pm
    GaGa's Tampon says:

In other news Taylor Swift is coming for all our favs wigs

Stephy. Replied:

IN AMERICA! I like her tho. Her albums are cute. She can write her ass off too.

GaGa's Tampon Replied:

Her fearless album will forever be my fav I experienced a lot of firsts with that album

• August 18, 2014 at 4:26 pm
    Theman says:

Shes more comfortable in her own
    Settings.. She’s pretty much great
    when she focuses & gives a damn..
    She ain’t gotta be MC, from back
    whenever. Her Aus shows were pretty
    damn good. She’s even better when
    she plays with her songs. She
    should switch her songs up..
    It would also be a plus for her
    to move around & wear different
    attire..

• August 18, 2014 at 4:40 pm
    Monstah says:

Snooze Chanteuse Car Park Tour!!!

Stephy. Replied:

Stop, don’t make fun of her!

• August 18, 2014 at 4:45 pm
    Artgrave Sagging Tombstone Tour says:

Can’t sing, act or sing, she has lost it. The only thing that makes a headline is her photoshopped album cover.
    Tragic…

• August 18, 2014 at 4:49 pm
    Zorror says:

Menopause Elusive Grandma cant depend on her ol’ money no more. Jermaine Dupri has forced her to work.

Truth Tea Told Replied:

:D :D :D

• August 18, 2014 at 4:54 pm
    Theman says:

Hating azz trolls.. Get outta here,
    It’s the same clown under a million
    screen names..

• August 18, 2014 at 4:55 pm
    BeyHive army says:

The only thing she could do to stay relevant is to get up on that stage pretending to sing while pre-recorded track on standby mode.

• August 18, 2014 at 4:57 pm
    Jordan says:

I’m going to see her in the states because yes first and foremost she’s a legend unlike ur faves. I just hope she sings live and that things for this tour are much more organized than last time. Anyway Sam why are you so pressed over her really? It kinda seems like she actually did something to you personally. I hope you take my comment into consideration because, you’re writing all these essays about her while she’s enjoying her 510 million dollar fortune living her life and not even knowing you exist. I feel bad for you because clearly there is something so bad about you that you are so unhappy.

• August 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm
    #TeamTinashe Stan ("AQUARIUS" 10.7.14) says:

I still get a kick of Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby.” I wish she was still that same old Mariah, sadly it’s not….. smh!

• August 18, 2014 at 5:03 pm
    Wendy Wills says:

Dont waste your money on prerecorded diva c** fatso.

• August 18, 2014 at 5:05 pm
    Stephy. says:

The trolls are pouring in… Chile…

• August 18, 2014 at 5:07 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

Praying for her!
    She is Legend none the less!
    Elusive International Stadium Chanteuse

#TeamTinashe Stan (CIci Finna Stay A Flop) Replied:

Pray for Ciara, she needs it ;)

FutureCIARA Replied:

Pray 4 ’2 Flop’ to get certified

Mark111 (Ciara's wedding pushed back like all her albums) Replied:

Bloop!

#TeamTinashe Stan (Cici Finna Be A Bride? NOPE)) Replied:

It will be soon, ‘Stanley’ it was released to radio in March and July, so I wouldn’t brag about that. Does your fave have a #1 since Rihanna & Beyonce DESTROYED her career?
    Like what are you stanning for, Stanley?

• August 18, 2014 at 5:22 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

Did someone say the queen is inspired by Beyoncé, who is clearly one of her subjects? LOL.

• August 18, 2014 at 5:32 pm
    No thanks says:

Another garbage song that will put you into coma…

• August 18, 2014 at 5:33 pm
    Yawzzzzz says:

Sit down grandmariah, nobody is checking…

• August 18, 2014 at 5:35 pm
    Riri4evah says:

i smell buy one + 2 free tickets…soon!

• August 18, 2014 at 5:38 pm
    Live Nation reassured says:

Pillows will b given at the gate…. :lol:

Lol Replied:

Ha this !!!!!

Amy Replied:

Holly mother of god XD

Stephy. Replied:

Oooh, yall wrong!

Another Flop Replied:

Yes sis and hot choc, too.. :D

• August 18, 2014 at 5:49 pm
    Another Flop says:

Who??!

• August 18, 2014 at 5:55 pm
    Stephy. says:

Ooooh, these kids are soo shady towards older artist. Chile… Must sucks getting old. Anyways, she still a legend regardless & have sold more albums then yalls favs put together/will ever sell. BYE

TheOne Replied:

It would suck to die young because growing older is a blessing!

• August 18, 2014 at 6:10 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

@FLOP_HIVE

Stay out the Queen’s posts. You don’t belong here. We don’t accept your kind.

• August 18, 2014 at 6:29 pm
    Lolz says:

Not my kind of concert but all the best. I just hope it doesn’t turn out embarrassing for her.

• August 18, 2014 at 8:23 pm
    Moomoo Cowry says:

She will b touring in asia because nobody cares abt her existence in Europe or US.

• August 18, 2014 at 8:37 pm
    Boring as Fark says:

This old $lut should retire after Memoirs of An Old KFC Bucket era… :(

• August 18, 2014 at 8:39 pm
    Elusive Old Waddle Much says:

Flooooopppp!!!

• August 18, 2014 at 9:49 pm
    Mark111 (Ciara's a basic I-Ioe with basic instinct) says:

Asia loves her, so this is great for her. No one is on her level, when will your fave lip sync and wave their hand like they’re sanging? Not mine…

TheYoncèTroll Replied:

You’re right, you’re fav just sits on a stoll and lip simgs with that joker ass smile

• August 18, 2014 at 10:26 pm
    Too Funny says:

New material just to sell tickets? Old fat cow struggling to make ppl buy her tickets. Pathetic.

• August 18, 2014 at 10:29 pm
    Not here for this thrash says:

-hit the snooze button-

• August 18, 2014 at 11:19 pm
    TheYoncèTroll says:

It’s so sad that people think their OPINION is so important, yet they fail to realize it’s 7 billion people and this blog can’t represent 1/1000 of them.
    Good luck Mimi. Please add a bunch of stage effects and lights. This tour has to be right, or they’ll kill her. Sad days lie ahead if she doesn’t do this right.

• August 19, 2014 at 2:12 am
    OMG Logic!!! says:

Legendary Divas like Mariah don’t need redemption. That is something for lessors. What the Queen needs to do (apart from getting proper rest and vocal exercises) is record various prerecorded vocals for any overly difficult notes or for if she has a bad day. Most importantly, she needs to work on her presence! If she’s going to lip sync, it has to be done with finesse like Celine Dion. Celine has lipped half her shows since 1998 and people are still surprised to find out!

• August 19, 2014 at 7:02 am
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN!!! says:

Omg at Taylor swifts new song! It should be on here!!!

• August 19, 2014 at 12:45 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Funny that Mariah won´t perform in Taiwan cause Celine Dion had the same date already… but now Celine has cancelled everything due to serious problems in her family (which I hope end soon, Celine can´t end her career for good).
    Great to see Mariah doing so well in Asia. Basically like she did a year ago in Australia with no promo effort needed.

• August 19, 2014 at 6:56 pm
    MC! says:

Only Mariah can tour in Asia she is the best selling international act there unlike some people who have a so called world tour and don’t travel there at all.

[…] legendary vocalist is currently gearing up to hit the road on her newly announced tour, ‘The Elusive Chanteuse Show’ – which has been mounted in support of her recent […]