She’s Back! Keyshia Cole Unlocks Snippet From New Album

keyshia-cole-that-grape-juice-2015-19010110119111

Four years removed from her well-received set ‘Woman to Woman’ Keyshia Cole sets her sights on a new musical chapter with the release of her new album.

No longer signed to Interscope, the R&B singer/songwriter has been hard at work on a new project following the unveiling of the Hip-Hop leaning effort ‘Point of No Return’ which stood as her last project to be released under her agreement with the label.

How time and life’s lessons have changed her since then?

Listen to a snippet pulled from the project to find out below…

We like what we hear.

If the teaser above is anything to go by the performer’s new set will see her return to the soulful and romantic terrain her earlier work soared on.

Do we want the set to be an independent one? No. For, an act with as much commercial potential as Keyshia needs the kind of infrastructure only a record label can offer if she is to truly make a sizeable “comeback.’

Make sure you keep it locked on TGJ for more.

Sponsored

1. November 10, 2016 at 11:37 am
    TheREAL says:
    +10
    -22

Tbh I’m not really here for it and I’m not feeling like this “comeback” will be successful this time either. She boxed herself into a lane that has now been taken over by new acts such as K. Michelle who are appealing to a wider audience than her and have the live vocals to match. I’m rooting for Keysh but I just don’t know. We’ll see how this plays out. If the music is hot (unlike last time) I’m hopeful things will turn around for her. This song ain’t it for me though.

• November 10, 2016 at 1:12 pm
      LISA LEVINE says:
      +30

I just want it to be over. I should have cheated. Thought you had my back. Work it out. I Remember. Give me more. Heaven Sent. So Impossible. Keyshia has so much talent and potentional. Just listen to any of these records above SHE PUTS HER HEART OUT ON THE LINE. Very underrated.

• November 11, 2016 at 1:07 am
        TheREAL says:

She has had many hits indeed. I never doubted that. I was just unimpressed with the last album in comparison to what she’s put out in the past. There’s no shade or hate, but rebranding is definitely going to be needed and a fresh new sound.

• November 10, 2016 at 1:32 pm
      x_X says:
      +23

I hate when people get on here trying their hand at A&T, etc..

Research will show you that K.Michelle has NOT had the commercial success that Keyshia has had as it relates to sales or fan base. Remember, there was a time when Keyshia was debuting with 300+K first week.

but i do agree that her time is ticking and she needs to think fast of how she’s going to grab the attention bc well, what was her last single called? I forogt. :-/

• November 10, 2016 at 1:32 pm
        x_X says:

A&R**

• November 10, 2016 at 2:27 pm
        RihYonce says:

Exactly! K Michelle doesn’t come close to the success that Keyshia had. I don’t recall K Michelle having 2 platinum albums

• November 10, 2016 at 5:05 pm
        FAF says:

I def think she needs to come back on tv especially now that she’s single
        Also do more features like she used to with rap artists
        And stop dropping all these videos at once actually commit to a single

• November 11, 2016 at 1:21 am
        TheREAL says:

Girllllll I never said K. Michelle had the same success as Keyshia. CLEARLY you cannot compare sales from 2005-2008 to 2014-2016. NO ONE is selling that anymore, especially not in female R&B unless you’re Beyonce. What I said is if Keyshia wants to prevail in this current age of R&B (which K. Michelle IS a sales leader now as it relates to female R&B whether you want to admit it or not) then she’s going to need to bring more than what she has lately. That includes the RIGHT music (especially singles) and the right rollout. That also includes top notch live performances as LIVE shows/tours play a bigger factor in the music industry now than they did when she was at her peak. I’d love for her to win but I’m not for her releasing music unless it’ll be done RIGHT.

2. November 10, 2016 at 11:39 am
    Justin WannabeBieber says:
    +13

Tamar must be shaking in her boots! Her boots, I say.

• November 10, 2016 at 2:35 pm
      SMH says:

Why should Tamar worry? This girl is no threat to anyone.

3. November 10, 2016 at 11:45 am
    Fatasha says:
    +18

Most definitely here for this but right now I’m listening to this new Tinashe album and it’s really dope got it on repeat. I can listen to this album without skipping one song. Love it…

4. November 10, 2016 at 11:47 am
    pat says:
    +13

for some reason i feel if the music is good..that the timing is right for her to come back

5. November 10, 2016 at 11:53 am
    Y'all Poor AF says:
    +20

If Keyshia didn’t rush out her last album and waited until this one, she’d actually have a nice comeback. Her sales have never been bad and her singles always do well on radio

• November 10, 2016 at 11:55 am
      Toni>>>>>Brandy says:
      +11

I concur. There was no need for PONR. It insulted her legacy.

6. November 10, 2016 at 11:55 am
    Toni>>>>>Brandy says:

Tinashe is a sweet girl but she has to accept that she’s not a good songwriter. I only say this because someone mentioned her. As for Keyshia? She does need a label . She’s next in line after Mary as far as numbers go so shouldn’t fool herself into thinking she can slay without the business. If she comes correct with the promo I’ll buy the album because she is too talented for words.

• November 10, 2016 at 6:35 pm
      Fatasha says:

There’s not doubt that she’s talented. I think that Tinashe is a phenomenal writer, singer, dancer and performer. She even have her own lil corky style or what not.

7. November 10, 2016 at 11:55 am
    BeyKnowlesBest says:
    +14

I’ll be a liar if I say I wasn’t waiting on sis ..I been a fan since her just like you album and yes she has had alot of bumps in her career but I still have faith in her

8. November 10, 2016 at 12:10 pm
    #TeamTinashe Stan.. (NIGHTRIDE available everywhere now) says:

This article has nothing to do with Tinashe but yet an individual wants talk crap about her intricate songwriting skills. Her songwriting skills on slow-midtempo songs are different and creative.

Anyways, as for Keyshia Cole being another BLACK women in R&B that still has to go through the over critique by our people I really hope she comes through and does great! Never was a fan but I wish the best.

• November 10, 2016 at 12:28 pm
      Bruno >>> Biebette says:

Intricate? A good song is a good song and Tinashe doesn’t know how to write one. I’m sorry, the proof is in the pudding. Nobody is talking about that mixtape and it’s only been a week. The other girls are slaying her because they release good songs which is why they stay booking live shows even when their albums flop.

• November 10, 2016 at 12:42 pm
        #Nicole Nation/Bruno >>>>>> Abel says:

Tinashe’s best songs are the ones that big name songwriters write for her.

That mixtape was one big snooze fest, I’d rather listen to some Weak Mill.

• November 10, 2016 at 2:29 pm
        #TeamTinashe Stan.. (NIGHTRIDE available everywhere now) says:

Ummm… what? Lol hehe your opinion is invalid. Who said Tinashe hasn’t remained BOOKED since “Aquarius” flopped? She has been everywhere more than the other girls that did. Joyride tour, Late night TV shows, Hot97 SummerJam (Main Stage), iHeart festivals, opening tours for big artists(Nicki, Katy & Maroon 5), MTV, BET, and etc. Half of the R&B girls sadly can’t even get that many platforms like this these days.

Keep your lips sealed on some clorox boo boo!
        Remember this article has nothing to do with Tinashe so thanks. 😉

9. November 10, 2016 at 12:17 pm
    Paulo says:

whoa @ the K Michelle resemblance in the picture. liking the snippet. I was a STANNN for the first two albums and I like the third one but after that she lost me. I’m rooting for her just need the music to COME THRU

10. November 10, 2016 at 12:36 pm
    Yonce's houseboy says:

Keysh shits on k.Michelle both in looks and vocals.. Come thru keysh

11. November 10, 2016 at 12:40 pm
    #Nicole Nation/Bruno >>>>>> Abel says:

Hopefully it’s better than PONR!

12. November 10, 2016 at 12:43 pm
    Queen Ci says:

floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppp

• November 10, 2016 at 1:06 pm
      SoldierOfLove says:

Ciara isn’t selling either. Let’s not forget.

• November 10, 2016 at 2:34 pm
        RihYonce says:

Keyshia can definitely outsell That girl

• November 10, 2016 at 2:37 pm
        LOL says:

LOL NOT ACCORDING TO HER LAST ALBUM. IT FLOPPED HARDER THAN JACKIE LOL.

13. November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
    Snf says:

Time will tell… Beautiful girl with a gift but she usually misses the mark for me…

14. November 10, 2016 at 1:04 pm
    SoldierOfLove says:

I love love LOVE me some Keyshia, I’m most definitely looking forward to it, she rarely disappoints.

15. November 10, 2016 at 1:24 pm
    Harambe says:

Give it all to me, Legendary and Heaven sent and a few forgotten songs are the only songs of her’s I’ve ever had on my playlist and am planning on keeping it that way
    cause she became trash after collaborating with lil wayne
    she still hasn’t apologised to Beyoncé – This alone is a POINT OF NO RETURN( lol Ci what I did there?)

16. November 10, 2016 at 1:30 pm
    Well fed Troll says:

Flop

17. November 10, 2016 at 2:01 pm
    MUSICHEAD says:
    +10

These labels ain’t doing shyt for r&b. If I’m gon sell 35k, I’d rather do it independently and keep most of the revenue.

18. November 10, 2016 at 2:25 pm
    Kitty Puurrzz says:

I’m ready for whatever Keyshia gives ! Her last few albums have been BLAH, but i can’t act like the 1st 3 albums weren’t pure fire.

19. November 10, 2016 at 2:27 pm
    Elijah the pharaoh says:

The snippet of this record sounds HOT! So I know this new independent album adventure will be a success, just like Ashanti’s. It feels like her first album “The Way It Is” which went platinum, not just number 1. We wont know numbers till its released but with this new album she has more creative freedom of the message she wants to portray, different sounds she wants to convey thus earning more money. So if your a true fan you want this cause its purely her. I feel she is a LEGEND. Keyshia Cole gave hits, platinum albums and a new girl there looks. PIDD.Her and K.Michelle are cool so no need to insert any negative annotations on whose better. They both bulldoze tf out of R&B Music. They both dope af Although us fans can see how Atlantic are molding K.M looks, past lbooks off Keyshia. Which isn’t bad cuz both have there own sound which differentiates them very clearly.

20. November 10, 2016 at 2:27 pm
    B2B says:

KC baby!!! W2W had bops! They should’ve really promoted that era. I’m always here for KC, her last album had a few good ideas but the sons weren’t executed properly. This sounds like a great spring bop.

• November 10, 2016 at 2:33 pm
      RihYonce says:

I think PONR was decent it had a couple dope tracks on there. Some songs weren’t needed but I still think it should’ve done a little better than what it did. But I really think the can slay this time around the music definitely sounds better.

21. November 10, 2016 at 2:31 pm
    RihYonce says:

I’ve always been a fan of Keyshia. She can sing her ass off she has a great catalog of great music . I think this a great time for her to comeback her music sounds right this time & not rushed. If she really puts out a solid R&B album from top to bottom and choose the right singles the sky is the limit for her. Either way I’m always checking for her I’ve been a Keyshia fan since ’05 I love her !

22. November 10, 2016 at 2:38 pm
    LOL says:

LOL HARPO WHO DIS WOMAN? LOL

23. November 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm
    gina says:

her time has come and gone. the industry only allows one ratchet ignorant hoodrat r&b singer at a time and k. michelle holds that title now. nobody knows keyshia cole.

24. November 10, 2016 at 3:23 pm
    Ciah's Turtle says:

yes for that Blue!

25. November 10, 2016 at 5:11 pm
    RealNegro says:

Alright na Keyshia I see ya!

26. November 10, 2016 at 5:50 pm
    Theman says:

K.michelle nor Keyshia are ignorant, ratchet perhaps. Lol.. Keyshia is a very accomplished r&b singer. K. Michelle tried to venture out in her music, but her last album came & went. Keyshia has a fanbase. Her last album should have been another mixtape and or ep. Secondly, she should do more features to get her name out there a little more. Thirdly, she needs to go back to a major label. They can push her material. Her songs usually connect very well with urban radio..

27. November 10, 2016 at 6:09 pm
    cocobutta says:

This is the Keyshia Cole sound I crave.

When she gets it right she makes some the hottest R&B songs.

28. November 10, 2016 at 6:12 pm
    dydy972 says:

On her last reality show she talked with ron fair, who was behind the music for her first albums to work together again.
    I hope he is on this album to push keyshia again to the next level

29. November 10, 2016 at 8:14 pm
    joselinfan_xo says:

Girl #2, bye! She’s mos def the Nicki Minaj of Hip-Hop/Soul. Mary J you could NEVA be!!

30. November 10, 2016 at 10:11 pm
    👠👡👢💄💅👑💍Chile, take this "Itty Bitty Piggy" to the market and make sure you hold her hand while crossing the street!🐝🍋🍹🎈🏮🌺🌸 says:

I don’t know why y’all keep shading her last album like it wasn’t decent and consistent, at the very least. Tracks like “She” and “Party Ain’t a Party” would’ve done well on radio with proper promotion.

31. November 10, 2016 at 10:20 pm
    Bitchpleaseeee says:

That’s fire 🔥 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

32. Vote

Rather hear the whole song from keyisha