Keyshia Cole Signs With Epic Records

R&B Star Inks Lucrative Deal With LA Reid’s Sony Imprint

keyshia-cole-columbia-thatgrapejuice

It’s been a rocky few years for Keyshia Cole. Indeed recent times have been characterized by problems in her personal and professional life.

However with a New Year on the horizon, so too is new opportunity for the R&B belter.

Redemption, it seems, has manifested for her in the form of a brand new record deal with LA Reid‘s Epic Records.

Details below…

Announcing the news on Instagram, Cole shared the following post and video…

Signed my first deal at the age of 21, released my first album June, 2005 second album, Sept, 25 2007 then my third just a year later Dec,16 2008! After that, I’ve released a album EVERY 2 years consistently 2010, 2012, and 2014 being the last album released Under my then, and forever IGA FamBam!!!! ❤️

Well 2016 is about to be over, 😳 AND IM PAST MY INTERNAL DEADLINE!!! I’m extremely anxious, and Extremely proud of My work, And 💯% prepared for the world to hear this NEW project. I haven’t worked so hard on a album since back when I had that hunger, since this music thing was all I had. When it was the only way out! 🎙📺📽🎞💰⏳⌛️ I take Pride in saying I’m NOW APART OF THE EPIC FAMILY!!! And a GOAL that my EPIC fam and I mutually share is to take this Passion (I CANT BE WITHOUT) to new heights!

God I would love a Grammy to take a look at, as a representation of what these last 4 (365) days have been like for me, 😩🙏🏽something meaningful, yet tangible. It would be the first accolade received 👀 🙏🏽💪🏽🏆🎙💪🏽 God Has been so good, every time I find myself looking around for someone to turn to, he’s always there to Provide the answers I need.

When you believe, You can achieve, look within to find all the answers you need. #EpicAlbum7 #7isABlessin #7 #Album7 #LAReid #SylviaRhone #DougMorris #JeffRoberson are now #MyHeavyHitters Sucka💪🏽 👊🏽 ILOVE YOU GUYS, THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS JOURNEY WITH ME👁

A video posted by Keyshia Cole (@keyshiacole) on

The deal comes after she told That Grape Juice that she was seriously weighing up going indie after the underperformance of 2014’s ‘Point Of No Return.‘ A set that fulfilled her deal with then-label Interscope.

As for the new venture… congrats!

Say what folk will, but there’s no denying Keyshia has a proven track record and ample potential. And it appears there’s still some mileage in her career tank.

We’re buzzed for new her material. Are you?

Sponsored

1. December 14, 2016 at 12:57 pm
    Molly #Stargirl says:
    +43

Cute she actually had potential to be a rnb legend. Hmmmmmm

2. December 14, 2016 at 12:57 pm
    Paulo says:
    +40

props, Keysh! let’s hope you bring the fire and passion from your first three records to this new one.

(I’m honestly a bit EEH @ La Reid cause he been flopping every one of his artists but Meghan Trainor but I guess that’s better than her previous situation)

3. December 14, 2016 at 1:08 pm
    DC3 FOREVER says:
    +10
    -36

Girl let it go. Just go back to reality TV that’s where your career is.

4. December 14, 2016 at 1:15 pm
    LISA LEVINE says:
    +55

We are so quick to write someone off, How about the beauty of…I Remember, thought you had my back, i should have cheated, the passion of “give me more”, the mary j blige effect of “heaven sent”, and that power bridge of “work it out”. Keyshia Cole’s catalog is just under-rated. Shes a pretty girl with talent and should be given a chance to shine.

5. December 14, 2016 at 1:21 pm
    Niggro Please says:
    +29

Yass Keysh! Good for you sis, congrats!

6. December 14, 2016 at 1:29 pm
    MusicLife says:
    +11

I don’t see Epic Records working well for her. She was on a label that really helped her but then her music declined. It’s also funny how she was dissing IGA few years back but now since she got resigned she is making it seem like it’s all love and she is still grateful to them. Sounds like she is working the system so her new team works as hard for her.

I mean L.A. Reid can’t even get usher a successful hit or album how do we think he will easily be able to do more for Keyshia Cole? I think her time is just on the way down and out. I would love to be wrong though.

Game time.

• December 14, 2016 at 2:03 pm
      Avi says:

Usher is not on Epic. He should be; LA Reid is the only one who seemed able to guide him. But he’s at RCA.

Anyway, happy for KC but not terribly optimistic about her having some sort of real comeback at Epic. This is the same label that signed Ciara and Megan Trainer.

• December 14, 2016 at 3:09 pm
        MusicLife says:

My point is Usher and his LA Reid connection, not the label he is signed to. He found him and will always have some involvement especially if at a sister label under SONY.

• December 14, 2016 at 3:21 pm
      Chileplease says:

Just because he worked with usher previously, doesn’t mean he has anything to do with his career today. RCA has their own people.

• December 14, 2016 at 10:03 pm
        MusicFan103 says:

One word: legacy. To my knowledge they aren’t NOT friends, so I’m certain he consults with a heavy hitter like L.A. Reid on if he thinks his album has hit music though.

• December 15, 2016 at 10:24 am
        Chile Please!!! says:

Nooo girl….don’t be stealing my name! Then you have the format all wrong! Be original honey!

• December 15, 2016 at 12:45 pm
      Chileplease says:

I’m sure I’ve been here using it wayyyyy longer than you. Have several.

7. December 14, 2016 at 1:29 pm
    Weezy Tha Goat/Zayn Is 👑 says:
    -34

She should just quit music and go open up a fish restaurant or something.

• December 14, 2016 at 3:21 pm
      Chileplease says:

You wrong, but I did chuckle lol

• December 14, 2016 at 5:03 pm
        FAF says:

Ask Wayne when cash money gon let Him live ? Or will he keep getting replaced by young thug on tracks

8. December 14, 2016 at 1:43 pm
    Black power says:
    +19

Fck all y’all haters TBH, y’all can say what you want but Keyshia is talented af!!!

I’m rooting for you Keyshia! This should be interesting being that her album is already done… so I guess she can use the budget she has going towards the project for promo, videos etc.

9. December 14, 2016 at 1:48 pm
    TheREAL says:
    +12

Wishing her the best. I think urban radio will definitely embrace her again if she comes out swinging with the RIGHT record. The real test is how her label follows the success (or non-success) of that first single and pushes the album. Keyshia is also going to need to find some different creative ways to push her music out because the game has definitely changed so I hope she has new management as well… no more BET reality shows. We’ve seen it all before.

• December 14, 2016 at 3:12 pm
      MusicLife says:

She needs a BET reality show that’s the only thing that set her apart from the others and really sold her thru her heights of her career.

10. December 14, 2016 at 1:51 pm
    Miko2 says:
    +16

It’s so hard to believe though that she has never received an award outside a VIBE NEXT Award. Definitely rooting for her to make a big comeback. She just needs the right team behind her and the right attitude. No more crazy stunts Keysh.. THIS is your time! xoxo

• December 14, 2016 at 2:35 pm
      Hi Jamon says:
      +15

She should have received multople awards for her “Just like you” album. I still listen to I Remember, Heaven sent, and Let it go!

11. December 14, 2016 at 1:58 pm
    Theman says:
    +16

She makes good music. Good for her. Y’all enjoy writing people off. A major label works for her.. She needs that push..

12. December 14, 2016 at 2:05 pm
    IKNOWTHETRUTH says:

R**** ANNOUNCED THIS SO LONG AGO

13. December 14, 2016 at 2:05 pm
    #Nicole Nation/King Bruno says:

Why, why epic!

That’s the flop label.

• December 14, 2016 at 2:17 pm
      #JACKIE says:
      +10

Is that where Nicole is signed?

• December 14, 2016 at 3:27 pm
        PeaceMaker says:

It’s where Ciara is signed!

• December 14, 2016 at 3:36 pm
        #JACKIE says:

Ciara left Epic honey.

• December 14, 2016 at 3:37 pm
        Danzou says:

Nicole is signed?

• December 14, 2016 at 5:39 pm
        #Nicole Nation/King Bruno says:
        +10

She was supposed to be signed in the u.s. but they did her wrong. Isn’t that where he-ara got dropped from?

He-ara claimed that she left, but she was probably dropped. Remember, this the same chick who says “this is my best album yet” four albums in a row.

• December 14, 2016 at 9:16 pm
        Ladies says:

Ciara didn’t leave, she was dropped.

• December 15, 2016 at 7:25 am
        #JACKIE says:

At least Ciara has albums. Nicole hasn’t been relevant since PCD. Stay pressed!

• December 15, 2016 at 7:26 am
        #JACKIE says:

Any receipts b****? I’ll wait.

• December 15, 2016 at 10:14 am
        #Nicole Nation/King Bruno says:

@tacky,

Yeah, bad albums. Ciara can’t make a good album without the-dream and tricky stewart. All her other stuff is meh. I mean, how are you 6 albums in and still have no timeless or memorable songs! Is the fabolous “1, 2 step” a classic to yall? Lol. Maybe if ciara was a vocalist, it would be different, but the girl has no vocal bone in her body. It’s like kim k singing r&b, it’s a no! I can’t route for a non singin’ a*s singer, so yeah, He-Ara ain’t relevant over here.

14. December 14, 2016 at 2:38 pm
    TrinaQueenOfTheSouth says:

Love me some Keyshia!

15. December 14, 2016 at 2:49 pm
    Niggar on a horse says:

Yes I can’t wait😆😆😆

16. December 14, 2016 at 2:51 pm
    Kimbella says:

Make another just like you and I will stan.

17. December 14, 2016 at 3:23 pm
    MUSICHEAD says:
    +12

Keyshia has generated a hit from every album she has released so far. Her career is far from over. Congrats!

18. December 14, 2016 at 3:24 pm
    DanYiel Iman says:

Yea vocally I’m not here for her, Although I liked 2 songs from her first album anything after that her vocals always TRIED TO HARD to be higher toned… Its a NO for me…

19. December 14, 2016 at 3:40 pm
    Chile Please!!! says:

She needed to sign up for Vocal Lessons first then she may proceed to the next phase…..so not beat for her!

20. December 14, 2016 at 3:45 pm
    Mark says:

Rooting for her. Woman to Woman was actually a great album.

21. December 14, 2016 at 4:02 pm
    mr.m says:
    +10

I like that bish
    heaven sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

22. December 14, 2016 at 5:10 pm
    Kim.Kesha&Pam says:

I’m so here for this !

23. December 14, 2016 at 5:12 pm
    Kimk says:

I really need a KC hit because her music has gotten me through so much

24. December 14, 2016 at 5:44 pm
    #Nicole Nation/King Bruno says:

I hope Keyshia can come through! The last album was not good, hope she can get it together this time!

25. December 14, 2016 at 8:25 pm
    4everBrandy_Ci says:

Yessssssss!!!!!! The Keyshia Cole jokes are LATE and TIRED because she’s one of the r&b artists that actually has longevity. Unlike a few artists I won’t mention because it seems some ignorant people want to make jokes at the r&b artists that are ESTABLISHED in their longevity. Some of these comments on Keyshia Cole are LATE because this woman always released quality records with substance. Some ignorant people on here want to root for these NEW r&b artists emerging but with Keyshia Cole, Ciara, Brandy and ANY other r&b artists that has longevity and have the ability to stay consistent in today’s climate of records get jokes thrown at them. Y’all just STOP because at the end of the day y’all aren’t supporting them. Keyshia Cole has always been one of my favorite artists! I have ALL of her albums and I want to go to her concert oneday. I need for her to work on her creativity and PUSH her artistry to a NEW direction. However, I think she has the RIGHT team and management. All she has to do is release the RIGHT material and kickoff single for this new album! I’m READY for you Keyshia Cole!!!!!

• December 14, 2016 at 9:38 pm
      NYU says:

Brandy the instagram twitter mentally ill psycho staying relevant in today’s climate 😂 she hasn’t been relevant since 2001, 15 damn yrs, a decade and a half. If that doesn’t say irrelevant 😣

• December 14, 2016 at 10:42 pm
        4everBrandy_Ci says:

Hahahahaha!!!!!!! You THINK you got jokes?!!!! Lord…..these pressed undercover Brandy fans! Lol!!!!

• December 14, 2016 at 10:48 pm
        NYU says:

😂 Boy save it, it’s not shade if it’s true.

26. December 14, 2016 at 10:35 pm
    Bree J says:

Congrats Keyshia!! I luv yur music so much!! I wish you all the best. God bless!!

27. December 14, 2016 at 11:57 pm
    Keyshia Cole Inks New Major Record Deal With Epic says:

[…] Source […]

28. December 15, 2016 at 1:36 am
    Team Keysh says:

Congratulations Keysh!

29. December 15, 2016 at 6:11 am
    RCW says:

Keyshia has a lot of work ahead of her, for K. Michelle has taken her style/sound and ran with it!

30. December 15, 2016 at 6:12 am
    Jackx says:

They didn’t do anything for Clara or jlo so I’m not hopeful with this news. But I wish her the best of luck. Look forward to new music either way❤️

31. December 15, 2016 at 1:56 pm
    Casual says:

L.A. Reid needs to A&R the heck out of her new album. She fell off b/c the quality of her material didn’t remain as good as it was on the first few albums.

32. December 15, 2016 at 2:04 pm
    cocobutta says:

👄❤

33. December 16, 2016 at 12:01 am
    @ASAPicon says:

Focus on your craft girl, Get serious about it. Sometimes you need to separate from your meddling Family for a while. Just saying.

34. December 16, 2016 at 4:33 pm
    Helen says:

She seems sweet. Really needs to learn proper grammar though.