Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Entertainment

Wendy Williams Covers UPTOWN / Talks Career, Racism, & More

wendy williams uptown 600x798 Wendy Williams Covers UPTOWN / Talks Career, Racism, & More

Shock jock turned media mogul Wendy Williams celebrates her epic success a-front of UPTOWN magazine’s April/May 2014 issue.

The 49-year-old, whose syndicated hit daytime series ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ is now in its fifth season, doesn’t just style and profile for the publication – she dishes on her real-life hot topics. Namely her married life, her rise, and the racism she experienced during her ascend.

Flip the hood to

wendy williams uptown 3 Wendy Williams Covers UPTOWN / Talks Career, Racism, & More

Wendy on her career:

“I regret nothing in my radio career, nothing,” says Williams, who also struggled with substance abuse during those times. She’s publicly stated that she stopped using drugs in the late ’90s because she wanted better for herself, which included being a wife and a mother. “I had to be that person back then to be the person I am today. The person who was on the radio then was authentically me. We all have our sloppy, greasy side. My original Wendy listeners, here in New York, they grew up with me. They come up to me all the time and say, ‘Oh, I have been listening to you since I was 12.’ I feel proud. I am glad that I have been able to evolve.”

Wendy on her husband and her son:

“He is my manager, co-executive producer of the show and my biggest productive cheerleader. I love him.” On January 20, 2014, while on-air, Williams broke out in tears, sobbing that her son, Kevin, Jr., 13, does not like her. Despite that emotional episode, she says she is not envious of her son’s strong relationship with his father; in fact, it makes her proud. “I love that he has his father. It’s a great thing, a black boy and his black father,” she says before tearing up. She starts to cry. While reaching for a tissue, she whispers, “Sometimes, I will stand at our front door and watch Little Kev and his father drive off until I see the last puff of smoke from the car’s exhaust. Then, I say to myself, ‘It’s good.’”

Wendy on racism:

“It makes me so proud that my black mother and my black father can sit in my audience and the camera can zoom in on them and, without them saying a word, the world sees: ‘Oh my God, there is a full black family!’ And my parents have been married for a hundred years! And, when my black husband and my black behind can pull up to my black son’s school for a parent-teacher night and they see a full black family, that is really important. We need to discuss race not necessarily because I am being followed in the mall because someone knows that I am Wendy Williams, but because I am a black woman in the mall at 2 o’clock in the afternoon.”

wendy williams uptown 5 Wendy Williams Covers UPTOWN / Talks Career, Racism, & More
wendy williams uptown 4 Wendy Williams Covers UPTOWN / Talks Career, Racism, & More
wendy williams uptown 2 Wendy Williams Covers UPTOWN / Talks Career, Racism, & More

{Source}

• April 22, 2014 at 4:13 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

I can´t take her seriously when she talks about important issues as racism. She makes a living of spreading rumors, lies, talking about everybody´s personal stuff, etc, etc. She´s a true witch. She contributes to the superficial and hateful era we are living in. She´s funny though.

BeyHive Army Replied:

Why not? It is all about ratings.

Lady Gaga makes a living by copying other artists and claiming as hers. Please, sit down sis.

:lol:

DEAD !!! Replied:

Coming hard for Wendy just because ARTFLOP struggles to reach 700k in the US……lol

R0SIE Replied:

Applause to her for telling the world that Artpop flops. We needs more people like Wendy in the media rather than a**kissing a copycat artist like GaGa.

FutureCIARA Replied:

Its her job!!

If you think she’s a witch, you may as well say that about every news anchor spreading disinformation to the masses!!!

The tabloids and magazines are there because we as consumers continue to buy and pay for it!!

Just because she gets payed to talk about it with us through TV, like we all secretly do anyway, whether through social media or just face to face with friends and family, in no way makes her a witch.

She is entertaining and quite hilarious, and a beautiful person inside, she has shown her TRUE heart and self plenty of times on her show.

She just shares her point of view that alot of people relate to and identify with and are interested in, and Im sure they were saying the same things about OPRAH in her earlier days!

Now Thats Delusional Replied:

…says Lady Gaga delusional fans.

Pot calling kettle black? I guess so.

Go Wendy Go Tell Em The Truth Replied:

Just because she has labeled Gaga’s latest album as ARTFLOP, it doesn’t make her a “liar”.

Please, grow up. :(

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

LMAO What a bunch of retarded people. Seriously! This woman Wendy Williams has bad mouthed about every single celebrity out there. Never crossed my mind that she said anything about Artpop, I didn´t know at all to begin with, do you think I follow her?. On the other hand, I was thinkng about how FAKE and miserable she was when Whitney Houston died. This woman is crap. And yes, of course I think the same about any tv program out there that does the same. I´m not a biased flip flopper like all of you who replied to me (well, probably just two persons saying the same under different user names, as always).

• April 22, 2014 at 4:25 am
    FutureCIARA says:

HER AND HER GLAM SQAUD SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYED THIS PHOTO SHOOT!!!

iLive for Wendy and her team!

• April 22, 2014 at 4:27 am
    Yulanda says:

Playing racist card to get publicity. Welcome to America. :(

LOL Replied:

LOL YOU MEAN PLAYING THE TRUTH CARD.

YES, WELCOME TO AMERIKKKA.

• April 22, 2014 at 4:29 am
    Angela Cheng says:

Taking about racism ..while you dye your hair like that. Hmnn just like Beyonce.

#EPICFAIL !!!

Naomi Replied:

That means any black woman who wears european/white style weave cannot talk racism.

Wendy Williams' Tea Replied:

I respect Beyonce because she bleached her skin to deceive her fans..

NOT ! :D

• April 22, 2014 at 4:32 am
    NICKI IS QUEEN OTHER BITCHES TAKE A SEAT says:

terrible i don’t like it.

• April 22, 2014 at 4:37 am
    Truth Tea says:

I like her, she is funny.

• April 22, 2014 at 5:11 am
    RoyalKev says:

Wendy does have some funny ways (but don’t we all). She’s great at doing her job and her opinion is often dead on! I respect that she’s honest and true to herself. I can’t say that about everyone on television these days. I also like seeing her human side every once in a while. Btw, she looks pretty good in that shot with the chair.

• April 22, 2014 at 5:37 am
    Lolq says:

fugly. she should never cover anything.

• April 22, 2014 at 6:16 am
    Navy Commander says:

Wow she looks nice

• April 22, 2014 at 8:00 am
    Wendy Williams' Tea says:

She looks like RuPaul.
    ;)

LOL Replied:

LOL HONEY DO NOT INSULT RUPAUL LIKE THAT LOL

• April 22, 2014 at 8:13 am
    whut says:

Anyone who supports this woman needs to seriously reexamine their priorities. She is a hate monger just like Perez Hilton; their careers are built on hatred and jealousy. She will NEVER be in the same league as Oprah; trash talk is not respected in the entertainment industry.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

I agree. Especially with your two first sentences. I don´t know Oprah´s career well enough to have an opinion about her though.

• April 22, 2014 at 10:54 pm
    IStanForYourFav says:

This ugly fat b****… There’s a difference between a job and just being hateful. This fat b**** wish he had a career. You have no career to reflect b****. You look ugly, fat, manly, and stupid. The fat b**** aiming for sexy, when he should be aiming his nut on his husband so his husband wouldn’t be shopping at Evelyn’s store. Instead of covering a magazine, why don’t you cover real issues and real news and stop being a pathetic b**** with fake tears and fake sympathy. I don’t like this fugly f** f*** for nothing in the world… I wish Whitney was here to see the fake speech that butch f** gave. Pathetic b****!

• April 22, 2014 at 10:57 pm
    IStanForYourFav says:

And now I see all why this site has so many trolls and senseless stan wars… The same ‘people’ that stickingup William, are the same people with at least 20 negative comments and 14 troll usernames… I agree with @JohnVidal & @whut