Entertainment

Must See: Behind The Scenes Of Lifetime’s Whitney Houston Biopic

whitney houston yaya 600x351 Must See: Behind The Scenes Of Lifetimes Whitney Houston Biopic

As widely reported, much ado has been made about Lifetime‘s upcoming biopic on the late, great Whitney Houston.

However, hoping to silence the naysayers, director Angela Bassett invited Entertainment Tonight onto the Los Angeles set of the movie this week to provide a behind the scenes look at filming.

Is lead Yaya DaCosta doing due diligence to Houston? How does Deborah Cox, who’s voicing Whitney’s songs, sound? And what does Bassett feel about the backlash? All the answers and more await in the video below…

Interesting. Very much so.

As awesome as it is to finally see everything in motion, it’s clear we’ve been given enough to titillate yet not enough to provide an answer as to whether the film will deliver or disappoint when it arrives next year.

Needless to say, we’ll be watching how everything unfolds in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime…

• July 23, 2014 at 8:06 am
    ~The Arcade~ says:
    +12

I understand that the family’s still mourning, but Bobby Christina, is so unbearable… she actually thinks she should of played Whitney + with an attitude like that? smh

Sam Loves Rihanna Replied:

Yaya looks more like Whitney than Boobi Kris.

sinatrarnb Replied:

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~
    ♥ M i x e d Luv. Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. xcbxcb

Jessica Replied:

This family is about money not mourning. Did anyone else peep the tea with the reality show? Whitney passed in February and the first episode was centered around Mother’s Day in May so they signed contracts not long after she died. That’s what the fuss with the big screen is about. More money. This family knows that Whitney’s legs is a gold mine. Especially Ms. Shady Patty. With all that said I do hate all of the controversy surrounding the movie. It’d be nice if the fam was on board

• July 23, 2014 at 8:08 am
    Blue Ivy says:

I find it sooooooooooooo funny that TGJ gets it’s “news” from people’s Instagram page because pseudo Bad Girl Tanisha Thomas LIED about joining the cast of Orange Is The New Black and Netflix RIGHTFULLY called that fat troll biitch out on it. Step up your game, TGJ.

• July 23, 2014 at 8:12 am
    Sam Loves Rihanna says:

I am certain that Angela will do justice to the biopic. She is too skilled and accomplished to give this project half-ass treatment. She takes her craft very seriously. Good luck! I’ll be watching.

• July 23, 2014 at 9:01 am
    eric says:

As much as I like Angela, I’m trying to figure out why she feels such a strong obligation to go against Whitney’s mother and produce this picture. Is it really that critical?

• July 23, 2014 at 9:14 am
    Mark111 says:

If the family cared about Whitney’s legacy, they wouldn’t had made her a laughing stock when they made that reality tv show, 6 MONTHS after she passed. They just want fame. I’m glad Aaliyah’s family has class.

Jessica Replied:

Speak on it. Shady Patty jumped right on it. This is about money

• July 23, 2014 at 9:19 am
    Mark111 says:

It’s just a TV movie, there’s films about everyone. The diff about this and the Aaliyah film is one if a life story, the other is about a relationship. And I think a LIFE STORY needs the family involve. But even Whitney in the Opra interview told us what happend in that relationship, hell the family can still work with a studio and make a full film about her life. But I don’t see anyone dealing with those clowns and Bobbi Clown.

• July 23, 2014 at 9:41 am
    nancy grace slays says:

Its not going to be the same without
    Whitney’s music…that’s the whole point
    Of a biopic!!!!!

• July 23, 2014 at 9:58 am
    whut says:

I am not here for any biopic that disregards the family’s wishes. It’s disrespectful, point blank. NOBODY knows what went on in Whitney & Bobby’s marriage except WHITNEY AND BOBBY. I don’t care how many interviews they did when she was alive. Shame on you, Angela Bassett, for being a part of this mess.

Anne Replied:

Wonder if they will be consulting Bobby.

• July 23, 2014 at 10:52 am
    AmbeRussell says:

The film is about her relationship with her family, NOT her music career or her life. Thus, her family may not agree to be apart of the movie, but it isn’t their story; they play a very small role in her marriage when comparing it to her whole life. And didnt want someone who looked and could sing like Whitney to pay her? So what is the difference using another singer’s while an actresses plays the role when ppl wanted a singing actress?

• July 23, 2014 at 1:20 pm
    cruz says:

That breathing in the background tho…

LOL

• July 23, 2014 at 3:17 pm
    Danny b says:

I have a lot of issues with this ‘movie’ but this clip showed one of my main ones. Believeability. I know it’s premature and these are only seconds of behind the scenes, but judging from those (since I already wasn’t a big fan of YaYa being chosen) I’m not really sold. For starters, the clips of YaYa singing I’m Every Woman which was The Bodygaurd era. Whitney’s hair during this era was not the curly brown Yaya was wearing singing this song. It was much more straighter and darker. That curly brown look was predominately worn
    In the 80s by Whit and this was the 90s. Little things like that can mess up the whole believability thing for a viewer like myself who recognizes and is so accustomed to Whitney’s uniqueness and signatures.

• July 23, 2014 at 4:36 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Damn it! The more I listen people singing Whitney´s songs the more I adore Whitney and get reminded why she is one of the best ever and a real worldwide megastar. This Debora Cox girl has nothing on Whitney. Like really all these gilrs sound the same, so generic and loud (at least they have a voice I guess… unlike others).
    What was the point of all this again? Why about the marriage and not all her tremendous career??????? It´s awful.