Monica and Brandy are still basking in the glow of their history-making ‘VERZUZ’ battle – a matchup that resulted in both parties seeing substantial gains in the streaming and digital download of gems from their respective catalogs (click here to read).
Days later, Mo – hot on the promo trail in support of her new Lil Baby-assisted tune ‘Trenches’ (which can be heard by clicking here) – took to Atlanta’s V-103 to discuss the magic of the showdown, her current relationship with B-Rocka, and even teased the idea of the two taking to the road for a highly anticipated joint tour.
Watch the full interview inside:
- 0:55 – Hadn’t spoken with each other in 8 years, Process was difficult, Communication is key in working relationship, Relationship foundation with Brandy needed work, On-camera versus off-camera, Hopes back-and-forth dies out, There was no winner
- 7:40 – Missy’s involvement in changing Monica’s mind on participating in Verzuz
- 10:40 – Brandy’s music style, Brandy’s father in her music and Monica’s relationship with Brandy’s father
- 15:20 – Possibility of touring with Brandy in the future
- 20:30 – Justice reform and #FreeCoreyMiller
- 36:00 – Morning routines with her children (they make an appearance), Kamala Harris calling in was a surprise, Merch proceeds go to When We All Vote