New Song: Usher – ‘Hot Toddy (Ft. Jay-Z)’

ush New Song: Usher   Hot Toddy (Ft. Jay Z)

With the release of his new EP, ‘Versus’, on the horizon (August 24th to be precise), a new track from Usher has surfaced. The Polow Da Don-produced song, entitled ‘Hot Toddy (Ft. Jay-Z)‘, comprises backing vocals from Ester Dean. This is reportedly an alternate version of the record which will feature Ciara on the EP.

Polow sure knows how to craft a beat! While not as infectious as ‘Lil Freak (Ft. Nicki Minaj)’, it’s clear that Usher has another hit on his hands. The bombastic bass and the swagger in Usher’s vocals will ensure that this will a monster in the clubs. With tracks like this nobody will even remember the disaster that was ‘Here I Stand’ by the end of the year!

• July 28, 2010 at 1:03 am
    PLAIN AND SIMPLE says:

Really I love Usher but anything Jay-Z is apart of is a MISS

• July 28, 2010 at 1:04 am
    Robjr Loves Ciara says:

Can’t wait to hear the version w Ciara on it

• July 28, 2010 at 1:18 am
    ADE says:

Hit! I like everything about it (apart from Ester Dean’s voice). Jay Z’s verses are always the s***…

• July 28, 2010 at 1:30 am
    annie says:

I like it. Lets see with Ciara version.

• July 28, 2010 at 1:38 am
    FreshUrbanEnt says:

THE TRACK IS FIRE!!!!! CNT WAIT TO HEAR THE FINISHED VERSION WITH CIARA ON IT.

CHECK OUT MY NEW ENTERTAINMENT SITE >>>> http://WWW.FRESHURBANENT.CO.UK

• July 28, 2010 at 2:09 am
    Apples says:

Put Beyonce on this and it will shoot straight to #1

• July 28, 2010 at 2:09 am
    Bullfighter808 says:

Agreed, song is tight. Can’t wait for Ciara’s version. I don’t know why they would bother having Ester Dean’s version come out. Did they just want to highlight Usher/Jay Z or something?

• July 28, 2010 at 2:24 am
    incognegro says:

The Polow-tha-Don/Usher combination works – not as good as the Jermaine Dupri/Usher combo; but at least Polow gives Usher some of his urban swag back, because he can occasionally loose it. All in all, really hot track (I just listened to it about 3 times without noticicing)! The title of the song is cool, and for anyone who knows what a “hot toddy” is, its kinda cool to hear someone’s take on it on a record. Ester Dean’s vocals were on point, and I hardly can understand why people are hating; because if you put Ciara or anyone else on the track, I cannot imagine it being that much better.

Either way, this song might prove to be an urban hit to compliment his international hit “OMG”, way to go Ursh!

• July 28, 2010 at 2:27 am
    Rawr says:

Doesn’t sound finished :P

• July 28, 2010 at 2:47 am
    MrIncredible says:

I like it. Can’t wait to see Polow do Monica’s next album. I have a hunch that he will executive produce it.

What the heck is a hot toddy?

• July 28, 2010 at 2:53 am
    Bahahaha says:

This song is not it at all sorry!

• July 28, 2010 at 2:55 am
    Fred says:

Sounds ok but I agree with @rawr

• July 28, 2010 at 2:55 am
    truth serum. says:

Ester Dean’s voice is on it bc this is the demo… before Ciara put her vocals. She also probably contributed to writing it. Her voice will be gone in the final and Ciara will be singing her parts. This is leaked and not the final.

A hot toddy is a drink– tea or coffee mixed with whiskey.

• July 28, 2010 at 3:04 am
    MrIncredible says:

Am i the only one who think Ciara won’t so half as good as Ester? lol

• July 28, 2010 at 3:05 am
    MrIncredible says:

sound*

• July 28, 2010 at 3:25 am
    CIARA FAN 21 says:

can’t wait till cici is on it!!!!

• July 28, 2010 at 3:57 am
    Commander for Kelly & Ciara says:

WHERE IS CIARA..THE SONG WILL BE A PHENOMENON IF… CIARA N USH N JAY ARE IN DA VID TOGETHA CUZ U KNO AN USHER N CIARA DANCE SPECTACLE WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY no..chris brown.. u n ciaras lil thang wurnt dat gr8…she slayed.. but still… usher dnt f*** up..put ciara on da official version atleast that way..her album will boost anyway

• July 28, 2010 at 4:14 am
    Rawr says:

To be honest i think ciara’s been dropped from the song :(

• July 28, 2010 at 4:59 am
    TAM says:

@PLAIN AND SIMPLE is clearly a hater. How is anything Jay-z is apart of a “miss” if all his ish is successful with NO flops? Lmao! Makes no sense.

• July 28, 2010 at 1:38 pm
    arfa says:

mean song

• July 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm
    alex says:

plain and simple be quiet. Jay Z is the only hope for hip hop…one of the greats that are still alive.

• July 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm
    GangsterA says:

SOUND SO DOPE JAY KILLED HIS VERSE AND I DONT KNOW HOW CIARA IS GOIN TO FIT IN THIS SONG IT NEED HIGH VOCALS WELL ONLY TIME WILL TELL

• July 28, 2010 at 4:38 pm
    Topman says:

Ok I need to hear this song in the clubs ASAP!

• July 28, 2010 at 8:59 pm
    UmYa says:

Wow this is good :o
    Between this, DJ got us fallin in love & There Goes my baby I can finally say welcome back Usher.

• July 28, 2010 at 10:54 pm
    NAS ( B Rockah Stan 4eva) says:

He should have featured Brandy or Niki………………………………just my opinion!

• July 29, 2010 at 12:28 am
    Drew says:

ALL yall need to get ready I’m putting it out there Ciara, and Chris Brown as the opening acts for Ushers Tour!!!!

ALL YALL NEED TO GET READY I’M PUTTING IT OUT THERE CIARA, CHRIS BROWN, AS THE OPENING ACTS FOR USHERS TOUR!!!!!

• July 29, 2010 at 8:30 pm
    VA STAND UP!!! says:

@Drew: Hmmm…how do you know this?? Where are you getting your infor from? Don’t get my hopes up!! This better be true!

Anywho…I do like this song a lot. He definitely is going for that club hit. ‘DJ Got Us Fallin in Love’ was definitely for the mainstream. I don’t doubt it will be a hit, but it was way too pop for me. Like something I would hear in the ‘gay’ clubs. I felt like he was abandoning his r&b audience and catering to the ‘white folks’. I am sure it will be a big hit though especially overseas.

He connected with his urban audience again on this one! This is the Usher I know and love and prefer!

• February 17, 2011 at 11:08 pm
    Marisol says:

Dionne, rofl…

moncler jacket

• September 29, 2012 at 8:58 pm
    asdfnicklb says:

• December 12, 2012 at 6:19 pm
    ddelgcir says:

[url=http://www.winkeycodes.com]windows 8 product key[/url] That turns out to be the main theme to this episode which serves as something of an epilogue to recent events as well as setting up where everyone is just before it goes into the final part of the story. [url=http://cheapcanadasgoose.com]canada goose[/url] Exfnapfiaow http://www.innoqua.com qiorglljr
    [url=http://www.officialparkaonline.ca]canada goose chilliwack[/url] moncler jackets 2011

• January 2, 2013 at 4:55 pm
    tznmlrlz says:

Ltd. [url=http://www.cheapgooseca.com]canada goose toronto factory[/url] mvwxirgk
    gpcqdevr [url=http://www.pandorajewellerymall.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] canada goose eggs for sale wskjorth [url=http://www.canadagooseaoutletca.com]canada goose jacket[/url]
    [url=http://www.pandoraukco.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url]