Clive Davis On Whitney Houston: “We’re Not Making Another Record Until Her Voice Is Back”

shares

They have a colourful history together, however Whitney Houston‘s mentor Clive Davis has announced that no more pages will be added to their illustrious story – until her “golden voice” is back.

Full story after the jump…

Davis’ comments came during a recent radio interview with KOST 103.5.

When the show’s hosts probed him for a non-tabloid take on Houston’s situation, Davis simply echoed what she herself announced last month: she is on a long-course recovery from alcohol and drug addtion.

However the music mogul elaborated, adding that the 47 year old diva is also battling an addiction to cigarrettes. An addiction he hopes she’ll overcome soon, as there’ll not be a follow-up to 2009’s ‘I Look To You’ until her “golden voice is back”. Listen to his comments below…

—————————————

Kudos to Clive for keeping real. It’s actually great Whitney has folk in her corner who aren’t allowing her to destroy her legacy by putting herself out there on a half tank any more. That said, her last effort ‘I Look To You’ was actually quite solid – new voice and all.

In any case, here’s hoping Whitney deals with her demons and cranks out that vocally undeniable album we know she’s so capable of making.

shares

1. June 9, 2011 at 10:20 am
    MISHKA says:

Her voice will never come back, unfortunately.

2. June 9, 2011 at 10:23 am
    chrisj says:

im rooting for you whitney!!

3. June 9, 2011 at 10:39 am
    MCsavedmylife says:

I’m very sceptical as to whether her voice will return or not. Doing drugs and smoking (in this case, it was combined for her!) takes a toll on your voice and damages it. The same goes for alcohol. When Mariah was pregnant, and she stopped drinking champagne/alcohol, her voice returned beautifully as was seen on the MCIIY album. Smoking damages the throat therefore your voice and Whitney has had a HISTORY of drug taking and smoking. So as far as I’m concerned, ‘I Look To You’ is as close as we’re going to get to having Whitney back….unless of course surgery is involved somehow (I’ve heard it is possible…I’m no expert so I don’t know if this is true or not!!).

But I hope that one day (one very far away day) we’ll have one more diva back!

4. June 9, 2011 at 10:41 am
    BEE says:

Her voice is already damaged and is only going to get worse if she doesn’t stop with the smoking and drugs. That damage cannot really be repaired, unfortunately. That’s the problem. I don’t think it’s even a matter of her being able to sing anymore because now her health is on the line. I’m really hoping she can get it together though.

5. June 9, 2011 at 10:42 am
    Tina says:

I sooooooo hope she can get a grip on all those problems and I soooooo hope there will be more music coming out of her corner. I actually liked the “new voice” when she is in a good shape. Would love to hear a jazz standards album or something with that.
    Some of the things she tried on tour with some of her old songs really worked well in that respect.
    I doubt we will ever hear crystal clear “I will always love you” or “I have nothing” vocals again… but that lady has such a gift for interpretation and music that I can well do without that and take all that is still there…
    Wish her all the best really! Happiness above all.

6. June 9, 2011 at 10:44 am
    Nana Yaw says:

I love you Whitney. I’ll always pray for you.

7. June 9, 2011 at 10:45 am
    EXTREME HATE IS A DISEASE,GET IT CURED akaISTANN4GAGA says:

well I was going to say something but i’d rather hold it due to the many delusional stans that this person has(ps it is too early to start a Stan war)……NO I am NOT talking about Whitney so don’t try to say I’m throwing shade at her.

8. June 9, 2011 at 10:52 am
    EXTREME HATE IS A DISEASE,GET IT CURED akaISTANN4GAGA says:

someone’s team needs to take notes off of this but THANK GOD Whitney is choosing to Transcend the drugs/syringes. MAY THE LORD BE WITH YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY TO GOOD DECISIONS

9. June 9, 2011 at 10:57 am
    Steffon says:

Oh well I guess we just wont get another album then becuz thats not going to happen.

10. June 9, 2011 at 11:03 am
    Dominic says:

Can’t wait to her another album. I LOOK TO YOU was AWESOME!! :)

11. June 9, 2011 at 11:03 am
    McLean says:

Nippy wont get her old voice back. She just needs to clean up and sing better. Vocally, I LOOK TO YOU was ok except for I Didnt Know My Own Strength. The vocals were anaemic.

12. June 9, 2011 at 11:09 am
    royalkev says:

Whitney doesn’t have to record anything if she’s not ready. I’m more than patient when it comes to her! I’m just happy she’s taking care of herself. That’s what’s most important. I pray she recovers and kicks all her bad habits. She’s always going to be the “voice” and as far as I’m concerned there’s nothing for her to prove.

*Updated*thepagewithroyalkev.blogspot.com

13. June 9, 2011 at 11:13 am
    JUDAS666 says:

@MCSAVEDMYLIFE

HAHAHHAHAA, THAT’S FUNNY b****! MCIIY WAS A FLOP COMPARED TO HER FIRST. HER VOCALS WERE TRASHED AND PIECED TOGETHER PIECE MEAL IN-STUDIO WHICH WAS PRETTY OBVIOUS TO SAY THE LEAST. IF THAT’S FAT-RIAH CAREY AFTER SHE STOPS THE DRUGS, SMOKING, AND DRINKING — b**** NEEDS TO GIVE IT UP ASAP!! HER NEXT ALBUM IS GONNA FLOP TOO. LET’S CALL THAT CD FLOP 2.0 OR IS IT 3.0 ALREADY??? HER ASS IS OVER. STICK TO TAKING CARE OF HER CALVES SHE BRED THAN RUINING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. *DEAD*

14. June 9, 2011 at 11:18 am
    Diane says:

Even her tour promoter said it was cigarettes but no one wants to believe the DAMAGE cigarettes do to the voice. Bobby Brown didn’t help by telling the world she was on crack which made everyone think that was the sole reason her voice was not there. But I know people on crack whose voice sounds better than a person who smokes cigarettes and never did crack. Just ask Aretha. Natalie Cole was able to regain her voice after SMOKING CRACK because she never smoked cigarettes.

15. June 9, 2011 at 11:23 am
    BAA says:

@Extreme hate Um i think i know who u are talking about but u are rite about the stan war because u dont wanna go after the wrong bish and her stans drag u to shreds. Im so praying for Whitney. What a VOICE this woman had. When i heard her sing the National Anthem, i cryed because i never heard some sing that beautifully. That voice slays every female and male n todays music. To bad she doesnt have it anymore. THE LEGENDARY VOCAL TRINITY: CELINE, MARIAH AND WHITNEY**** THE NEW VOCAL TRINITY: CELINE, MARIAH AND BEYONCE**** THE NEW MUSIC TRINITY: GAGA, BEYONCE AND KELLY ROWLAND!!

16. June 9, 2011 at 11:28 am
    Leo says:

she’s OVER. enough said.

17. June 9, 2011 at 11:46 am
    MC LAMB 4LIFE says:

HER VOICE IS COMPLETELY DAMAGED AND IT CANNOT BE REPAIRED

“One day I promised God that if he would give me my voice back I would never smoke again. I got three octaves back after quitting.” – MARIAH CAREY on smoking when she was 18-19

QUEEN MARIAH STOPPED ON TIME, BUT IT’S TOO LATE FOR WHITNEY

QUEEN MARIAH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EVERYONE ELSE

18. June 9, 2011 at 12:07 pm
    JohnVidal says:

Let´s see: I´m a Mariah and Whitney fan so no need to hate on me or on them.
    The thing is Whitney´s voice is not recoverable. The best thing we are going to get from her is albums like “I look to you”. With which I have no problem cos it was solid enough!
    Just love Whitney and she is a legend.
    And yes Mariah´s voice got better during her last Xmas album cos she wasn´t drinking anything during her pregnancy. Hope she keeps it like that!

19. June 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm
    Parris Black says:

I’m actually a vocalist which I don’t believe any of u are, n 2 my knowlege if Ms. Houston takes this seriously ANYTHING is possible. Jus look @ Mary J. Blige. She sounds 10 times better than she ever did b4.

20. June 9, 2011 at 12:22 pm
    Ri ri fa so la ti do says:

dream on!
    her voice will never come back!!!

21. June 9, 2011 at 12:27 pm
    Tina says:

Anyone with a love and heart for music should be hoping that her voice will return to full force. Can’t see why anyone with a heart for music could want it differently.
    Just saying…

22. June 9, 2011 at 12:44 pm
    djkimya says:

Great find…and yes Whitney’s last cd ” I Look to You” ..was a solid..songs like “WORTH IT”..”CALL YOU TONIGHT” ..”NOTHING BUT LOVE, I LOOK TO YOU, STRENGTH….why didnt the radio peeps ask Clive perfmission to play the 2009 rlease..why did his company sit on a hit and not release a track?..hmmmm..thats enuff b..ll..sh..t to make you stress out and smoke a cigarette or be a bit depressed..dont you think?.. all that hard work 2 years ago ..only to be locked in a vault…shame..the industry sucks..Clive cud do better too stop pointing at Whitney!

23. June 9, 2011 at 12:47 pm
    Adam says:

This site is so bias and hypocritical it’s not even funny. They like to “keep it real” by constantly throwing shade at certain artists for things, while their faves (Whitney) has been doing a million times worse. Britney may not be as good a dancer, but if Sam can accept Whitney’s voice being totally shot (there’s nothing left of her to make her special) then it goes against logic to constantly call out other artists who aren’t doing nearly as bad.

24. June 9, 2011 at 1:00 pm
    loves1embrace says:

I’m glad she is actively seeking help. That means a lot! I hope she recovers her health and her voice! She is truly one of the most gifted vocalist the world has ever heard. Good luck and God Bless Whit!

25. June 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm
    Imgunnacheckuboo says:

Guess that’s the end of that. SMH

26. June 9, 2011 at 1:53 pm
    Carmal says:

so he’s saying “until you can make me some money…i won’t b working on anything else with you” …..but in a good way
    …Best Buy went Bankrupt so they working with Apple to give away these $1,000 giftcards for ANYTHING Apple at their store!! I use 2 emails & got 2..lol http://goo.gl/CPe0B

27. June 9, 2011 at 2:44 pm
    HATERS says:

Look at all the lambs scared and hating HAHAHAHA! You mad that even with Whitney’s history of smoking she still sounds better than Mimi’s weak ass voice?!?? LOL!! Just wait til she stops for good and blows all them b****** out the water!

28. June 9, 2011 at 2:48 pm
    luv says:

Love you Whitney!!!! Finally she has taken some serious effort to deal with her cigarette addiction and I think she really wants it this time. People who have battled with drug addiction should know how hard it is to quit smoking – it’s easy to rely on cigarettes so as to battle the drugs. This will be a long battle but I believe Whitney will do it!

29. June 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm
    BeyStan says:

Whitney has been over performing/recording for quite some time. She said Clive had to practically beg her to get back in the studio on Oprah. I love Whit with all my being but clearly Bobby was not THE problem.

30. June 9, 2011 at 3:09 pm
    JuanR says:

DEAD at She Wolf in the background! LOL

31. June 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm
    Dev says:

Okay, so the likely hood that her voice is going to come back is slim, but im sure clive is doing the best for her. If she was clean she would’ve been a worthy judge on a show.
    I don’t know what to say, she did it to herself

32. June 9, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    The Man Stop Using Flops. Pressed & Your Fav. says:

Lol at Whitney’s fans hating because Mariah can blow of course. My advice to you losers >>> Get over it…

@MCSAVEDMYLIFE

Mariah flop, delusional…… MCLLY, STRUCK GOLD IN LESS THAN TWO MNTHS. THAT IS NO FLOP FOR A HOLIDAY ALBUM STUPID. IT’ ALSO SOLD MORE IN THE FIRST WEEK THAN HER FIRST ALBUM & IT WAS VOCALLY AMAZING. CRITICS LOVED IT, AND SO DID HER FANS. HATING CUZ WHITNEY TRYING TO GET HER STUFF TOGETHER. SOME OF Y’ALL SO DESPERATE. THEY STAY TRYING TO BRING THE GREAT MARIAH UP, BECAUSE THEY CAN’T DEAL WITH HER AMAZING VOICE. GO SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE. THIS IS ABOUT WHITNEY NOT MARIAH YOU IDIOT. MARIAH’S VOCALS WERE FANTASTIC, IT WAS HER VOICE AND SHE SUNG EXTREMELY WELL, SOMEONE ELSE CAN’T EVEN HIT A HIGHNOTE IN THE STUDIO. SO………..

33. June 9, 2011 at 3:56 pm
    The Man Stop Using Flops. Pressed & Your Fav. says:

MCllY i mean’t.

34. June 9, 2011 at 4:09 pm
    f*** Fake Ass "Suppose to be" Queen B!! says:

@Judas666 Youre an ignorant b****! MCIIY WAS A CHRISTMAS ALBUM THAT WENT GOOD SO TECHNICALLY IT WASN’T A FLOP CAUSE IT COMPETED WITH REGULAR ALBUMS! AND FOR THE RECORD MARIAH DOESN’T NEED TO SELL ANYMORE RECORDS CAUSE SHE’S DONE WHAT YOUR FAV AND NONE OF THESE NEW ACTS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO! (BEYONCE) HER MUSIC WILL FOREVER LIVE ON! SO GET A LIFE AND STOP HATING ON SOMEONE THAT HAS DONE WELL FOR HERSELF AND HAS WAYYYYY MORE MONEY THAN YOU!

35. June 9, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    kurtz says:

pink and Adele smoke and both slay vocally
    pink hits better and higher notes live on tour
    than on records

i am a vocalist too an all voices are different
    if i have dairy i lose a few octave.s an sometimes
    my falsetto so Cant have milk and chocolate
    and cheese two days before i perform

i pray for Whitney but think she would
    need to give it up along long time
    to regain anything an still it wont be like
    93 which makes me sad

her gospel album i still play on the regular

36. June 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm
    Maestro J* says:

IF Mary J. can turn it around by eliminating those habits (drinking smoking drugs) there’s hope for Whitney. MJB, love her, sounded a mess circa 98-2002… a mess. She stopped smokin them damn Newports and got it together. Whitney can retun to her throne… don’t count her out.

37. June 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm
    Hudson Morrigan says:

Honestly I feel she shouldn’t record anymore, I feel the half baked albums only tarnish her legacy. I love Whitney, and at her prime she was the best of them all, and I prefer to think about her like that.

38. June 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm
    baleia says:

Whitney will get better and will have a multiplatinum album. Without any promotion i look to you was a solid and a great album. SHE IS THE LEGEND
    LEGEND
    LEGEND
    LEGEND
    LEGEND

39. June 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm
    PLAYBOYDREAMZ says:

Which means in a couple years. :( :(

Follow the LEGEND at http://TWITTER.COM/PLAYBOYDREAMZ

40. June 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm
    Salem says:

Lol @ these Mariah stans. Mariah’s voice is copy/pasted, audio-shopped, pieced-together, and auto-tuned, so your arguments that she is still this great vocalist is pointless. We all know she lip sings, and her XMas album was full of studio technology help on her voice.

The only vocal trinity she is a part of is: the studio engineer, the voice-box, and the play-back CD. Keep it real

41. June 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm
    Me says:

I cant even really listen to her now,. It just makes me cry. So sad that someone would ruin such an amaaaaaaaaaaazing and rare gift of a voice. Most people would sell their soul to have a voice like that.

42. June 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm
    i'm a LOUD howlin' billy goat says:

LOVE YOU WHIT! STAY STRONG, YOUR TRUE FANS KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

#hatersdropdead.com

43. June 9, 2011 at 5:22 pm
    djkimya says:

I wonder how he felt when the lable fired him awhile back and rehired him..and then demoted him to Creative officer….did Sony go on blast and disclose on radio his challenges?…He is at fault here and unprofessional…whats personal is personal..as for a “GOLDEN VOICE”…her voice is her voice…when she is ready and willing to sing..the audience determines what is golden or platinum for that matter…Last time I checked her last cd I LOOK TO YOU was PLATINUM…so perhaps he got his metals mixed up!..HE NEEDS TO SIT DOWN and not let radio announcers trap his unprofessionalism.

44. June 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm
    Me says:

@ Hudson Morrigan

Sadly, I agree. She shouldnt do another song unless she sounds like the old Whitney again.

45. June 9, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    JANET DID THIS ALREADY says:

OK, I was in total agreement until I read the comment about Mariah. Both Whitney and Mariah have lost their voices and both were seen smoking after they had breakdowns. Mariah’s voice is not what it used to be and she now routinely lipsyncs her way through her songs. It is great to be a fan and be supportive, but please- who are you trying to fool except yourself? Mariah’s voice is an over as Whitney’s is.

46. June 9, 2011 at 5:31 pm
    ZoMan says:

Whitney Houston WILL COME BACK , THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

47. June 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm
    i'm a LOUD howlin' billy goat says:

@BeyStan
    June 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm
    ***********

Exactly! Unfortunately when fat a** Oprah and her feminist BS is involve, a man has to be the root cause of everything. Sometimes the individual person makes bad decisions regardless of gender!

This report is good news and I look forward to my girl burning up the mic & a stage again real soon!!

48. June 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    margaret ackson says:

if u was down for whitney u will believe n her the dr, said i will never walk again an here i am today walking god is able to give back every thing she lost now if u love whitney like u said u did where is the love an faith she will b better than before just a test of her faith… mucl love…

49. June 9, 2011 at 6:29 pm
    Mike says:

Im scared that her voice wont get better cause she is smokin cigarettes which is destroying what’s left of her vocals. I still wish her the best though.

check out my blog:

50. June 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
    thenight says:

There is hope for whitney and like someone said, mary j blige sounded a hot azz mess duing her cocaine, cig, alcohol addiction. She quit and got her a good vocal coach and her voice is pretty good now. Adele and pink smoke and yes everyone is different but whitney has been singing from age 9 and professionally from age 15 which would be 32yrs and doing major tours.

Mariah hasn’t toured that extensively or done half the tours that whitney’s done. Mariah and whitney has nodules. in additon mariah drinks wich is just as bad as cigs on the vocals or worse because it dries it out and mariah is known to lip so mariah fans have a seat, in fact have the whole row.

My prayer is for both divas to continue to work on their voices because nobody outthere still have their tone, their style or their talent. Whitney still has her voice inside of her, it’s not gone. Good luck whitney, i’m praying for you.

51. June 9, 2011 at 7:10 pm
    EXTREME HATE IS A DISEASE,GET IT CURED akaISTANN4GAGA says:

@Extreme hate Um i think i know who u are talking
    about but u are rite about the stan war because u
    dont wanna go after the wrong bish and her stans
    drag u to shreds. Im so praying for Whitney. What a
    VOICE this woman had. When i heard her sing the
    National Anthem, i cryed because i never heard some
    sing that beautifully. That voice slays every female and
    male n todays music. To bad she doesnt have it
    anymore. THE LEGENDARY VOCAL TRINITY: CELINE,
    MARIAH AND WHITNEY**** THE NEW VOCAL TRINITY:
    CELINE, MARIAH AND BEYONCE**** THE NEW MUSIC
    TRINITY: GAGA, BEYONCE AND KELLY ROWLAND!!
    ____________________________________________________________
    Yes there should be a day WITHOUT Stan Wars ,they get REDUNDANT as hell (even though I DID argue with a delusional last night). Anyway you must be REALLY GOOD if you got this but I was talking about a person who (to say it NICELY) nearly EVERY performance since 07 has been a MISS….Sorry I’m late,I had a Milestone to achieve…….

52. June 9, 2011 at 7:13 pm
    EXTREME HATE IS A DISEASE,GET IT CURED akaISTANN4GAGA says:

SAM…..TGJ STAFF WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TRYING TO HOLD MY COMMENTS????……I SEE WHERE PEOPLE GET AT……THIS SITE IS TOO DAMN MUCH SOMETIMES !!!

53. June 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm
    JohnVidal says:

Why are people complaining about Mariah fans on here??? I only saw 1 or 2!
    Like I said I satn for Mariah and for Whitney. Can´t understand people hating on one of them and admiring the other
    Keep it real, Whitney is totally lost at the moment. It doesn´t matter cos she has done it all
    Mariah still makes great music, and not only the vocals. Her voice is not the same either. It doesn´t matter cos she has also done it all

54. June 9, 2011 at 7:22 pm
    stargazer says:

SAM
    Please post mr. davis comments in their entirety as you are making assumptions. Here is what he actually said:

“Whitney…has admitted that she had to concur a drug addiction and that-that takes all of her energy, but she also…um…has had a very difficult time giving up cigarettes, and as, you know, in comparison it sounds light, but if you do have a cigarette..um..problem in the sense that you can’t give it up, I mean, it is taking all of her energy and I-I know that she’s committed to do it, I know that…um…you know, she loves music and that, you know right now she’s dealing…um…with that situation and we’re not gonna make a record an album until that golden voice, you know, is there and fully capable of just knocking everybody out.”

55. June 9, 2011 at 7:26 pm

MARIAH AND WHITNEY**** THE NEW VOCAL TRINITY:
    CELINE, MARIAH AND BEYONCE**** THE NEW MUSIC
    TRINITY: GAGA, BEYONCE AND KELLY ROWLAND
    @BAA
    Yesthere should be a day WITHOUT Stan Wars ,they
    get REDUNDANT as hell (even though I DID argue with
    a delusional last night). Anyway idk if you got this but I was talking about a person
    who (to say it NICELY) nearly EVERY performance since
    07 has been a MISS and this go round seems to have ZERO motivation/drive to accompany(i feel really BAD for her imo)….Sorry I’m late,I had a Milestone
    to achieve today…….

56. June 9, 2011 at 7:42 pm
    EXTREME HATE IS A DISEASE,GET IT CURED akaISTANN4GAGA says:

@BAA
    Yes there should be a day WITHOUT Stan Wars ,they
    get REDUNDANT as hell (even though I DID argue with
    a delusional last night). Anyway IDK if you got this but I was talking about a person
    who (to say it NICELY) nearly EVERY performance since
    07 has been a MISS(dancewise…they cant really be considered as a singer)….Sorry I’m late,I had a Milestone
    to achieve
    BY THE WAY Stans ASSUME too much!so I agree there as well

*waits for this comment to RANDOMLY get held for moderation*

57. June 10, 2011 at 2:05 am
    Tru Voice says:

I pray Whitney gets it together. I see Clive isn’ttruning the other cheek anymore ad utting a fire under her ass. Good. Whitney is TOO talented & beautiful for this mess.

58. June 10, 2011 at 5:12 am
    joanne pan says:

i will always root for you!god bless you!

59. June 10, 2011 at 10:33 am
    Bobby from Bulgaria says:

Ha ha, poor Lady Gaga’s stans hating on the ULTIMATE SINGER OF ALL TIMES – MARIAH… :)

Lady Gaga is just a crazy CLOWN – nothing MORE than that…
    Her music is CHEAP… Cheaper than a TEACUP PAD… :)
    She’s already out of TRICKS now… She is getting more and more BORING each day…
    Maybe some DRUGS would do her good… To soothe her LOST soul when she hits the GROUND… As she is heading right in THAT direction…

60. June 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm
    Andrew From London says:

What Whitney has is a God given talent, alway remember, what God has perfected he can restore. Not one of us can anticipate what the future will bring. whitney seek the face of the Lord and see what he ca do.

61. June 10, 2011 at 11:22 pm
    Meesha-Gay says:

Whitney is a star that has already made a mark on the world. She does not need a come back to prove anything, she has left us with songs like The greatest love of all, Try it on my own and One moment in time – our grand children will love her voice and what she gave of her youth. I love her I think she is great and Davis is a great mentor and friend and all you critics are just bitter because you cannot and will never do better than her. I wish Whitney all the bes. She can retire in Jamaicaf she likesmaybe become a music teacher or just be Whitney. Lord knows she’s been through alot and yet she stands and shines just like a star.

62. June 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    Steven says:

I for one can say yes that the voice does come back (maybe not like it was) after abuse of drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol, One i quit all of those harmful things to my body and life my voice started to get better. I no longer sound like a cave man in the morning and when i sing i can actually reach for those higher notes and go get them. Now i didn’t quite the drugs, alcohol and cigarettes all at the same time each one was at a different point of my recovery….. Now please don’t think i am comparing my voice and situation to that of Whitney Houston’s I’m just simply saying that i am not nearly the singer that Whitney is and i never was. All I am saying is that Whitney from the Voice that this Legend once had if she stops completely then there is no where else for her voice to do besides improve. Whitney you are amazing and i am pulling for you. I love you girl.

63. June 12, 2011 at 5:31 pm
    GREG says:

Its just kind of crazy that Whitney doesnt appreciate the gift that god gave her. Its like god came down and said here whitney, go and use this gift and share it with the world…..and whitney chose to smoke and ruin it.

64. June 13, 2011 at 11:38 am
    Davon says:

Thank you Clive for protecting our treasure… My thoughts and prayers are with you Whitney…

65. June 13, 2011 at 1:53 pm
    ROBERT says:

Whitney will return if she stop the cigarettes etc. After that comes the healing process. With some extreme vocal training and practice with her instrument, we can assure that “The Voice” will return as the “Queen of Music”. My prayers are with you Whitney. I pray that God give you your voice back, so you can treasure with us the closest thing to hearing a angel sing.

66. June 14, 2011 at 10:57 am
    showbizwiz says:

Sadly, Whitney is done — not only vocally and addiction-wise, but also age-wise in this youth-driven industry. In order to survive, she must uphold her voice like Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand.

As Whitney recovers, it would be cool to see him sign on another mega diva: Diana Ross, who deserves a comeback. If anyone can do it, Clive can.

67. June 14, 2011 at 12:13 pm
    Professor Craig Hill says:

I am a vocalist and vocal instructor, Whitney can get her voice back it just takes vocal exercises but she has to get her health together first. Trust me I have restored many of voices and from hearing hers all of it’s not lost . I find it sad how some have so much to say, I like both Whitney and Mariah and BOTH don’t sound like they once did. Anybody saying that Mariah still sounds the same is lying to themselves. Her voice is very damaged too.

68. June 14, 2011 at 12:14 pm
    Professor Craig Hill says:

The funny thing is fans are so fickle, when she comes back and kicks b*** people will be jumping on the bandwagon again. SAD!!

69. June 20, 2011 at 7:22 pm
    john says:

How come it took a new cd and a money making tour to realise the voice was no longer, every one knew she wasnt ready…… Whats up clive Didnt the $$ FIGURES $$ add up after bringing her back , i guess they never huh

70. September 7, 2011 at 5:04 am
    John Host says:

The vitriol poured on Whitney for trying to resume her career leaves me speechless – almost! Whitney is being dumped, just like Diana Ross was dumped, not because of a loss of talent but because of problems in her personal life. I’m not comparing Whitney to Diana. Diana has / had a small but undeniably seductive voice. Whitney’s voice was and is so big that it knocks people off their seats. People want so much and forget so easily. They forget the joy that Whitney’s music has brought into their lives (the biggest selling song of all time) and, I suspect, never stop to think about their own lack of effort to make the world a happier place.

Whitney makes me think of Billy Holiday. Her indescribable talent will only be fully appreciated after she’s gone.

71. September 27, 2011 at 7:05 am
    Gurshwin says:

I knw in my heart tht if Whit will go for proffesional voice training she will sound way better thn she did on I DIDNT KNOW MY OWN STRENGHT. On her latest effort ILTY she sounds hoarse and husky but still somewhere in her songs u can hear wht you have heard in the late 90’s. If she will regain her vocal power back she will reach notes like she did in On My Own, Could I Have This Kiss Forever and maybe the highest she will reach shall be what she reached in Same Script Different Cast

72. October 20, 2011 at 8:04 am
    Mattas says:

Please, try really hard , Whitney , we are all with u ! We miss u and love u , I wish to see ur new album , i hope it will come very soon ! Love u .

73. January 15, 2012 at 11:55 am
    Gurshwin says:

I agree with u MATTAS. We all r on ur side WHIT. She is jst taking a break and will make a huge entrance in the music history. Watch out yall. This diva will b back by force. ”BRING IT ON ME. C I NEED U TO BRING IT ON ME. HA HA HA”- QOUTE FROM SO EMOTIONAL

74. February 13, 2012 at 11:59 pm
    stephen e rahim says:

sad to say, this story never reached the result we wanted, and we mourn a gigantic, destroyed talent.

75. Vote

[…] takes all of her energy, but she also has had a very difficult time giving up cigarettes,” he told Los Angeles radio station KOST 103.5 FM. “I know that she’s committed to do it. I know that she loves music and that, you know, […]