To Our Readers

Keyshia Cole Speaks on Absence from Monica’s Wedding

keyshia cole 2 Keyshia Cole Speaks on Absence from Monicas Wedding

‘I Just Want It To Be Over’ singer Keyshia Cole sought to bring an end to speculation that she and gal pal/‘Trust’ co-star Monica are feuding.  As reported here, although the singer is preparing for her own second wedding, she was noticeably absent from that of Monica’s.

Did what Mrs. Cole-Gibson had to say fuel the fire or silence the naysayers?  Check it out after the jump:

keyshia cole tweet Keyshia Cole Speaks on Absence from Monicas Wedding

keyshia cole tweet. Keyshia Cole Speaks on Absence from Monicas Wedding

1. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm
    kwame says:

whatever!!

2. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:43 pm
    b**** PLEASE says:

LIKE KIM SAID SO MUCH GOES ON BEHIND THE MUSIC WE DON’T KNOW ABOUT.LOL

3. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:46 pm
    Dee says:

Monica & Keyshia are way too over-dramatic on twitter.

4. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:47 pm
    vicious vixen says:

After her being so shady on Twitter with Lil Kim I’m just going to have to give Keyshia the *side eye* she just seems soooo fake and phony to me now.

5. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:47 pm
    lys says:

Common ppl

6. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:47 pm
    JR says:

I agree with her. People need to mind their damn business. Okay she did not show up. Its obvious she was on tour. People always try to keep s*** going. How long ago was this? SMH

7. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:50 pm
    JR says:

@Dee please explain how Monica is over-dramatic on Twitter? I follow her and for the most part she comes of as down to earth and realistic. Every now and then she tweets inspirational tweets. So I am trying to understand what you mean by drama?

8. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:54 pm
    Corey says:

People actually pay to see her sing off key?

9. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm
    maretha says:

Who cares her career is over!

10. |
    July 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm
    EverybodyKnowTheQueenIsMJB says:

Keyshia Cole you are SUCH A NON-MOTHERFUCKIN FACTOR! No One Cares If You Went or Not. You just made she had a song with Lil Kim. Plus you went in on Kim but now you quiet.

11. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:00 pm
    Those That Cannot Do, Stan says:

Call me when something interesting happens, this is just folks aching for some drama to pop off when there likely isn’t any.

12. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:01 pm
    killer smile says:

I THOUGHT KEYSHIA IS MEANT TO BE THE GODMOTHER OF MONICA’S CHILD( WHICH TO ME ISVERY IMPORTANT DUTY TO PPL ) SO SHE NOT SHOWING UP AT THE WEDDING SAIDS A LOT. BESIDES MONICA DON’T FOLLOW HER ON TWITTER ANYMORE SO YOU DO THE MATHS IGNORANT b******.

I ALSO THOUGHT SHE ONCE SAID SHE AND MONICA ONLY DID SONGS TOGETHER AND ARE NOT ‘FRIENDS’..*SIDE EYE*

13. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:12 pm
    IF YOU says:

Wow whats not surprising is that most of these ppl commenting are Lil Kim supporters…. lol. Whatever, lets be clear on one thing though, unlike Kim, Keyshia never & still doesnt need to depend on a gimmick like a frivilous BEEF to sell records or keep ppl interested in her & her music.

14. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:22 pm
    Stacy says:

Keyshia Cole can’t sing.Her career is over and her husband’s as well.

15. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:25 pm
    JR says:

I honestly do not think Keyshia Cole’s career is over. Yes she is not the best singer, but that girl can belt out some hits. All it takes is the right songs and material lie before and she will be fine. As far as her personal life I really could care less.

16. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:26 pm
    Sherry says:

There’s been rumors their friendship is on the rocks for a hot minute. But that’s between them. Personally, I’m sick of grown men and women airing high school dirty socks on social networks. Let them both work it out behind closed doors. Though I like them both and hope they can still work out their friendship.

17. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:27 pm
    Malibu Barbie says:

Keyshia HAVE A DAMN SEAT. u shady ass h**! why are u telling twitter that???? are u insecure that ppl are discovering ur shady ways! Kim was right. and u damn sure showed ur tru colours when u came for lil kim that day.. no1 has forgotten.. u dumbass h**… cant stand OFFKeyshia Cole

18. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:28 pm
    @KeishaFredrick says:

I dont give a damn what yall haters have to say! Keyshia is my girl and ima rock with her for ev…I love them both….but all the people out their thats tryna stirr up drama need to kick rocks and STAY AWAY from anything that has to do with Keyshia ! she don’t need yall foolish’ness

19. |
    July 21, 2011 at 11:51 pm
    IF YOU says:

@Malibu Barbie, whats hilarious is that Kim has shown her true colors MORE than once & still idiots like you support her… Smh

Btw, PPL CAN YOU READ, she just basically said that she & Monica aint beefing… You all need to let it go!

20. |
    July 22, 2011 at 12:08 am
    BEYONCE FOREVER says:

KEYSHIA COLE IS TWO FACED I DON´T BELIVE ANYTHING SHE SAYS ANY MORE SHE NEEDS TO SIT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND LEAVE MONICA ALONE

• |
      October 31, 2014 at 9:44 am
      mesha says:

HATER

21. |
    July 22, 2011 at 12:12 am
    Misfit says:

Can anyone tell me if keyshia ever said that Monica and she are not friends, that they just make music together? Because I thought she just said that about lil Kim.

22. |
    July 22, 2011 at 12:20 am
    RIHANNA BEYONCE FAN NOT STAN says:

I fell out with her when she put her mother on a show knowing damn well they were messy. Then she produced the show with just the two of them. Later she wants to tell the world u wanted nothing to do with them, when she was the one who exploited the drama.
    I dont like fakeness

• |
      October 31, 2014 at 9:43 am
      mesha says:

b****

23. |
    July 22, 2011 at 12:24 am
    Ur in a field full of bees so dont be surprise wen ur ass get stung (queenbey) says:

@MISFIT- Keyshia tweeted `me and Monica are not friends, we just did a song together, and while we’re at it me and Lil Kim are not friends either’.

Lil Kim responded, Monica never did…..

24. |
    July 22, 2011 at 12:34 am
    YEABEY SLAY EM WITH THE FACTS! says:

*YAWN* TRYING TO STAY RELEVANT…….KEYSHIA BE THE ONLY FAKE B*TCH…..

25. |
    July 22, 2011 at 12:48 am
    Jasmine says:

Keyshia should not respond to every little shade thrown her way. I did not know she was not at Monica nor would it matter if she was there or if she was not. I also did not know she was on tour as R. Kelly’s opening act. I guess I never really checked for her. She reminds me a little of how Mary J. used to act back in the day. I remember when Mary used to do concerts and her voice was either really good for the entire concert or completely off the entire concert like Keyshia. Both are good songwriters though.

26. |
    July 22, 2011 at 1:05 am
    Kellymotivation says:

They might be “friends” in front of the camera but they are definitely not friends behind cameras

If Monica was really one of her “friends”, she would have gone to her wedding.

27. |
    July 22, 2011 at 1:21 am
    Travis says:

Monica is still following Keyshia on twitter.

Keyshia NEVER said she and Monica are not friends only Lil Kim. She was ranting about not being nominated for an EBT award then mentioned not being friends with Lil Kim only. Every blog including this one posted her rant.

I understand she was on tour and she would have had to miss a few shows for the wedding not just one. I have no problem with her missing the wedding due to being on tour. She may have needed the money.

My only side-eye is she said she spoke with her a few days ago? Monica got married 7/9 she sure waited awhile to congratulate her lol

Oh and by the way Keyshia is getting married (AGAIN) in front of cameras for a reality show lol.

#ThatsAll

28. |
    July 22, 2011 at 1:23 am
    theman says:

Keyshia is a little uptight. It’s all good.

29. |
    July 22, 2011 at 1:53 am
    Misfit says:

@QueenBey

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Wow! So if they are not friends,it makes no sense her explaining an absence @ Monica’s wedding!

She is a walking contradiction…..

30. |
    July 22, 2011 at 2:17 am
    BrealK says:

@Ur in a field full of bees so dont be surprise wen ur ass get stung (queenbey

When was this?? I follow Monica, Keyshia and Lil Kim. I saw Keyshia’s tweet about not being friends with Lil Kim, YOU added in the Monica part. Stop with the drama so uncool.

31. |
    July 22, 2011 at 2:51 am

@BREALK- It was earlier this year, after Monica took down her twitter account wen she first got married. Keyshia did in fact say that wen ppl first started throwing shade at her via twitter!

32. |
    July 22, 2011 at 2:57 am

@BREALK- Keyshia throw shade at Kim wen didnt get any BET noms….

The first part of my comment was correct about way Keyshia said about Monica….

Both of these incidents happened at two different times, my bad for the confusion

33. |
    July 22, 2011 at 3:14 am
    kwame says:

QUEENYBEY, WHAT HAPPENED FOR PEOPLE TO THROW SHADES AT THE FIRST INCIDENT??? I THINK I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SECOND INCIDENT. LOL

34. |
    July 22, 2011 at 4:01 am
    Travis says:

Keyshia DID NOT talk bad about Monica on twitter. Almost every Urban gossip blog would have talked about it if she did like they usually do. If she deleted it she still would have been caught.

She only said Lil Kim wasn’t her friend that she takes the word friend seriously and they went back and forth.

Keyshia and Monica did talk via twitter. Monica congratulated Keyshia on twitter when she got married a month or two ago. IF there is any rift between them its recent.

35. |
    July 22, 2011 at 8:40 am
    nice_gurl says:

Why do we always have to know every detail of a celebrity’s life? And if something doesn’t seem right, rumours start to say “they’re breaking up” or “they’re not friends anymore”. I’m just interested in their artistry.

36. |
    July 22, 2011 at 2:35 pm
    Graham says:

Love Keyshia & Mo because when in the A they both party @ Mansion Elan http://ow.ly/5KYZa

37. |
    July 22, 2011 at 2:50 pm
    Robier says:

On tour for a complete flop cd??? Yeah ok

38. |
    July 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm
    RHI RHI IS QUEEN says:

ONCE MONICA PUT GRANNY KIM ON A TRACK IN THE MIDDLE OF KRIMMBERLY TRYNA DISS KEYSHIA I KNEW THERE WAS SHADE IN THE MIDST SOMEWHERE..

39. |
    July 22, 2011 at 10:45 pm
    The_Truth says:

Keyshia & Monica live two different lifes, soo all yall hatin ass b****** can move, Monica lives in Georgia, Keyshia lives in cleveland.Has a family of her own, has a son & is married & she is the godmother of monica’s child.Keyshia never said her & Monica was never friends, she said her & kim was never friends, cause kim fans asked her was her kim still friends,So she didnt throw shade, dont comment on something you know nothin about. I still dont get how she two faced when she told the truth, theres a difference between being REAL & being a hater, she was telling yall how it was, & Keyshia said they speak outside of twitter, They Are BestFriends, Monica knew when Keyshia got married/engaged & Keyshia knew when monica got engaged/married, just cause they didnt congradulate eachother threw twitter doesnt mean that they didnt say it to eachother..
    She was on tour w/ R.Kelly & Marsha
    The reason for her show was to help her family get better & for her to show ppl how her life was, & who didnt know Kim was gone try & diss kc & Nicki w/ monica. Kim is mad cause KC did a song w/ Nicki “I Ain’t Thru” she tried to get mary,but mary didnt do it.
    All you hatin b****** say & believin that there not friends is dumb as hell & she didnt throw shade just because she wasnt nominated cause she wasnt the only onethat wasnt nominated. so get your facts straight smh. haters

40. |
    July 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm
    The_Truth says:

fyi Monica , does follow Keyshia

41. |
    August 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    GodsGift2U says:

KC & Monica are good friends KC is Romelo God-Mother that’s Monica’s youngest son I follow all three of them and the only beef was with KC and Kim she never had any with Mo And by the way Monica had Two weddings as well the first one was with family and close friends and it was months before the july 9th wedding

42. |
    November 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    nicolebarfield says:

yall hoez need to get a life .monica and keshia are grown. let them do them cuz they damn sho aint doin yall.both of them got a man and kids to take care of so slid yall so f****** petty grow up and yes they are still friends. SO BEYONCE U JUST WORRY BOUT DAT UGLY ASS MAN U WITH AND FOR THE REST OF YALL PETTY HOEZ JUST SLID……………….besides beyonce i heard that was kanye west baby anyways so now u got your own s*** to be checkin on ALL YALL GET A LIFE AND GROW UP…………………………

43. |
    October 7, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    Cali bound says:

Monica and keyshia have proven who they are and what they stand for. They could care less what any of you say. When you get to where they are then talk but until then say what you will.

44. |
    December 4, 2012 at 11:13 am
    JazzyT says:

I mean who really cares if they are friends or if they are not friends. They are way more inportant things going on besides Keyshia Cole and Monica.

45. |
    October 31, 2014 at 9:35 am
    mesha says:

KC singing career will never be over I mean she is the best singer in part of view I love KC and will spend my all on here I will support her no matter what

46. |
    October 31, 2014 at 9:37 am
    mesha says:

oh yea I love monica as well I think there friendship is important because it reminds me so much of my own so yass team KC&MO