ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Brandy & Monica Beam Bold For ‘EBONY’

brandy monica ebony Brandy & Monica Beam Bold For EBONY

They may have sparred about a “boy” on their much-loved hit ‘The Boy Is Mine’, yet Brandy and Monica unite as stunning young women on the cover of Ebony magazine’s June issue.

The duo up their respective and collective diva in the striking shot, which is accompanied by an insightful interview. One which sees Brandy dish on boyfriend Ryan Press and brother Ray J.

Peep excerpts below…

Via NB:

Brandy On Her Boyfriend Ryan Press

I wish we were engaged. He’s taking a little long on the ring side of things, but I’m patient.  I wanted to impress him. I wanted him to be proud of me; I was inspired by him. So making the record and his being there, it’s just all a part of it. Him and my daughter. I want him to love my songs. I want him to love my voice.

On Her Brother Ray J

I know who he is. And I”m pissed off about some of the things I’ve been hearing. It really bothers me that [those are] the kind of things that people do for money.

He’s misunderstood. It’s one thing to have this image of [a ladies' man], but it’s another to become this other type of person that they’re trying to make my brother out to be. I know who he is. This is a man who loves his mama and his sister and his niece. Ray J loved Kim Kardashian. They were irresponsible with their–you know–but he loved her. For five years, he was with her.  In his mind and in the world’s mind, he was in my shadow for such a long time. To watch his sister become whatever I became and to not have that same path or that same way it happened for me; to be called ‘Brandy’s brother…’ To finally break out of it, you’re going to brag; you’re going to feel something about yourself. It’s not coming from a bad place, and I can tell you: Some of the shoesRay J’s walking in, you’d take off immediately. You wouldn’t be able to handle the type of shoes he’s in.

******

Look out for the full interview when the issue hits newsstands in the next few weeks.

In the immediate, Monica’s latest LP ‘New Life’ is out now, while Brandy’s new single ‘Put It Down (ft. Chris Brown)’ hits iTunes on May 8th with album ’2/11′ following this Summer.

• May 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm
    KAKA says:

monica is looking F-L-Y jezzzzz

• May 1, 2012 at 5:46 pm
    BLACK MADONNA says:

BRANDY LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!

• May 1, 2012 at 5:51 pm
    rizzle says:

Brandy look Good

• May 1, 2012 at 5:53 pm
    KNUCK says:

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• May 1, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Diva says:

I like your music Brandy but your brother Ray J I have no sympathy for him.

• May 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

They look good

• May 1, 2012 at 5:58 pm
    Those That Cannot Do, Stan says:

I hate to say it cause I love them both but Brandy kills Monica fashion wise everytime they pose together.

• May 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm
    V says:

Loooving the colors!!! Beautiful! Like I said on Facebook! R&B has NEVER looked this good! I LOOOVE YOU BRANDY! ITS YOUR TIME TO SHINE!

• May 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm
    Shynlow says:

They both look amazing!
    & yall please follow me now: http://www.twitter.com/shynlownoam

• May 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm
    Frachella says:

STUNNING LOV E THEM AND THE COVER

• May 1, 2012 at 6:06 pm
    Hot! says:

They both look good and happy they in somethin other than the usual stuff

• May 1, 2012 at 6:07 pm
    Ryanlhigh says:

Monica looks beautiful , Brandy also.

• May 1, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    PrettigurlrockD says:

Gorgeous!

@prettigurlrockD

• May 1, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    Randy says:

Flawlessssss….. I hope they ´ll record more songs together in the future… It seems like all the eyes are on Brandy now…

• May 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm
    Queen. says:

Too beautiful for words.

• May 1, 2012 at 6:37 pm
    Truth says:

All eyes are not on Brandy. They both look good- but Monica’s you don’t see everyday- classic beauty in yellow

Everybody from Minaj to Britney had done the pink lip and similar dress to Brandy.

I vote Monica- I would wear that s***

• May 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm
    Loverly says:

Yes Mo. WERK

• May 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm
    shioniedoo says:

They look fierce as all get out. Love the colors

• May 1, 2012 at 6:47 pm
    MISHKA says:

Both Ladies look extra fly !!!

• May 1, 2012 at 6:52 pm
    Truth says:

Hate to say it cuz they both are gorgeous women but Monica is slaying in that yellow hunnnnny!!!! the look is everything!! brandy is cute but shes been rocking the same style dress & side weave all era. & i absolutely Hate the fact that she said she wished her and ryan were engaged….girl?!! thirsty???? \~/ #sip

• May 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm
    Sandy says:

I hope Brandy get’s her shine! But for real RayJ sit down somewhere! When Brandy single came out it was the talk and now people just moved on! Like on to da next! I wish they do her like they do cough Bey and Rhi!

• May 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm
    ryan says:

Check out Monica’s NEW SINGLE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhch9jyZMQ

• May 1, 2012 at 7:51 pm
    WhatWHAT says:

MONICA MONICA MONICA -wow!!!!!!!!

• May 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm
    virtuoso intellect says:

i love Brandy but she needs to stop putting pressure on her relationship shes practically beggin to be engaged …. to the whole world at that

that said they both look undeniably gorgeous ….. 100%

• May 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm
    MH says:

They look soooooooooooo gorgeous, I’m in love with this cover. I will definitely be buying this!

• May 1, 2012 at 8:14 pm
    NikkiIsChillin says:

I love it. Both Brandy and Monica look amazing!!! Congrats to them.

• May 1, 2012 at 8:40 pm
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

• May 1, 2012 at 8:41 pm
    Tristan says:

They look great, especially Brandy.

• May 1, 2012 at 9:20 pm
    BrandySTANtilthedayIDIEcuhz says:

f*** MONICA’S SAGGY ASS. BRANDY IS DA QUEEN. MONICA WHO?

• May 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm
    BrandySTANtilthedayIDIEcuhz says:

@ TRUTH

n**** IF YOU DON’T SHUT YO DUSTY ASS UP

• May 1, 2012 at 9:29 pm
    Camille says:

Omg brandy sounds soooooooooo thirsty: this is like the 200 th time I’ve heard her say she wants a ring an wants this dude to marry her !!! I’m sure he’s gonna pop the question to keep the check and spotlight but Geesh let him ask. Anyway Brandy looks pretty. Monica looks gorgeous….. Monica lord The woman has come into her own. She looks so great.wishing both women te best…

• May 1, 2012 at 9:33 pm
    Camille says:

Some of the brandy fans make you dislike her with the foolishness. These aren’t Monica’s opinions they’re ours so curse us out if your ignorant enough to feel the need to do so. Monica promotes and uplifts brandy. It’s US who call it like we see it so curse US out. So petty . I’m starting to agree with the blogger Gyant and his opinion about brandy.

• May 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    Bey Fan says:

They serving up all types of Easter fierceness ….. i love it.

I actually like Monica’s outfit, for a change…but of course Brandy pops out… the dress the lip, the hair, the pose…. Brandy has been killin it fashioln-wise…

And I absolutely agree with Brandy about Ray J…however, Im not giving him a pass just because his psyche is little messed up because he has to live in someone’s shadow. There are plenty of celeb siblings that dont act like Ray J… Beyonce has a sister who doesnt act like Ray…Rihanna has a little brother who never hear about in the media…Madonna has 110 siblings and i havent heard about them …Ray J just needs to sit down and chill out.

• May 1, 2012 at 10:12 pm
    richie p says:

monica sell off!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 1, 2012 at 10:45 pm
    HALF AMAZIN says:

Brandy needs to keep her relationship to herself, she’s coming across as a little thirsty!

They both look good though. I hope more R&B singers from the 90′s will collaborate. Brandy and Monica clearly have a bigger impact together than they would have seperately.

• May 1, 2012 at 10:53 pm
    RoyalKev says:

These women look great as usual, but Brandy’s entire look does pop and just seems more interesting. Everything that makes her unique makes her standout. Monica’s outfit is hot too, but she looks more like an efficient secretary than an artist. She’s definitely a pretty girl though.

For those people who’ve said that Brandy stans make you hate her really must choose to look the other way when these Mo stans take their shots at Bran. People are entitled to their opinions, but I don’t see how much uplifting someone is doing when their cutting down your verses or trying to embarrass you in interviews … but, that’s over, let’s switch gears. They look great and I can’t wait for Brandy’s 2/11. Get ‘Put It Down’ May 8th Starz!

• May 1, 2012 at 11:51 pm
    Bran Star says:

Oh, y’all lay off of Bran. She’s happy and in a loving relationship. Some of you probably are NOT. If she wants to gush all over her man, she has the right to do so!

• May 2, 2012 at 1:46 am
    Dev says:

Damn! I love black women!!!!!!!!!!

• May 2, 2012 at 2:03 am
    Chelsea says:

Monica never cuts down brandy or embarrased her. Monica has always told the truth and been very authentic which means she’s more relatedable however she defends and stands by brandy. I’m a Stan for no one but I am a Stan for the truth. And that’s that.. Mo told a story about how far they had come and things they went thru NO big deal. Brandys dress looks like its from BeBe or something I just don’t like it .diesnt mean I don’t like her. Your right people are entitled to opinions but these ladies have squashed their beef. They promote for each other and the whole 9…. I say put the beef to bed!!! It’s annoying and old. Still my opinion Monica looks incredible. Doesn’t mean no one else can or does

• May 2, 2012 at 5:55 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

They both look lovely, love to see them together!

• May 2, 2012 at 9:22 am
    JP says:

They both look stunning.

I love me some Brandy. I can have her for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. B’ROCKA!

• May 2, 2012 at 9:43 am
    DIGGER BEY says:

Monica and Brandy both look Amazing but Monica is giving me life n that yellow! She look like a delicious lemon cake, I definitely want to eat! Cant wait till June bay be! Im gonna get B Rocka album ASAP! Her vibe is giving me Full Moon Era! My second fav B Rocka era! I need Brandy to perform and Slay The BBMA, MTV MA and BET Awards!

• May 2, 2012 at 11:49 am
    kidmuzlove says:

Ok! Omg! Brandy doesnt sound thitsty its and article she is being asked Question and she is surely responding! What real woman doesnt want to get married! Brandy is setting fire to the industry right now! Haters dont like that but it’s BRAndY! Monica and Brandy looks amazing, aint no use in hating the got each others back to beautiful black woman!

• May 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm
    antertain says:

Once again they both look great.

[...] earlier reported, the duo appear in the latest issue of EBONY magazine, where they – as per the cover and the [...]

• May 4, 2012 at 9:54 pm
    Olivia says:

Brandy Looks Amaziiiing…..
    Bout Time They Made Monica Look Like Shes Actually Made A FEW Coins Llh

[...] R&B chanteuse serves up diva in earnest in the latest issue of EBONY magazine. As earlier reported, the ‘Put It Down’ singer  features with Monica in the publication; and while their [...]