New Song: Cheryl Cole – ‘Ghetto Baby (Written By Lana Del Rey)’

Cheryl+Cole1 New Song: Cheryl Cole   Ghetto Baby (Written By Lana Del Rey)

Get familiar with ‘Ghetto Baby’, the latest jam spawned by Cheryl Cole.

Penned by ‘National Anthem’ starlet Lana Del Rey, the sultry number comes in aid of the singer’s new album ‘A Million Lights‘, and as ever That Grape Juice has you covered first.

Listen below…

Bursting at the seams with sex appeal and personality, Cheryl has finally delivered a cut worthy of her hype.

More so than ‘Call My Name‘ (which is slowly growing on us) and her breakout hit ‘Fight This Love‘, Cole’s voice is allowed room to breath- removed from the studio wizardry she clearly can do without when paired with the right vocal production and lyrics.

Ironically, given the success of ‘Name’ and the praise ‘Under The Sun’ was welcomed with yesterday, Cheryl has no plans to take this project to the US. A shame, as this is set to be her strongest release on a critical and commercial tip.

Here’s hoping she gives her music the justice it deserves when she launches her UK arena tour this October.

This means re-recording her entire set list for ‘live purposes’ and whipping up concepts grand enough to establish herself as a worthwhile live act.

For as ‘Take That’ proved last year, you don’t have to have a US #1 single to become a worldwide phenom.

4/5

• June 15, 2012 at 5:04 am
    Hypocrite says:

Song its GREAT cheryl mmmm her best album ever

TIMMI Replied:

Pardon me?

It’s great because it’s NOT Cheryl.

She’s not the only singer out there who doesn’t write their own music, but she could have AT THE LEAST tried to make the song her own.

Everything about this screams Lana Del Rey. When will Cheryl prove she has artistry? Or does she just simply have none at all?

Definition of “Industry Puppet”;

(Noun) Cheryl Cole

• June 15, 2012 at 5:19 am
    the real xoxo says:

cant take her seriously. shes 28/29 and makes music youd expect from cher lloyd

im not throwing shade, but... Replied:

I totally agree. Actually, i would say that this is her Rihanna album. The whole style, tracks and layout screams a Rihanna album. I am not a Rihanna or Cher Lloyd fan so will not be buying this

• June 15, 2012 at 5:47 am
    Kingphoenix says:

This s*** is terrible, and im still trying to figure out wat a ghetto baby who needs to drop it like its hot means, especially when its written by some random as white girl from the suburbs. Yall would like her most stupid song wouldn’t you.

#racism, #cultural appropriation.

Rob Replied:

Yes! What does this song mean? Ghetto baby? Drop it like it’s hot! Hilarious!

• June 15, 2012 at 6:08 am
    Ayo says:

This is exactly how I like Cheryl, she needs to sing like this always. When she was in GA I would always hear unreleased songs from her that I really enjoyed, I have always thought Cheryl had this rich warm tone when she sings in a lower register that unfortunately goes unnoticed when she decides to sing songs like call my name that make her vocals sound flat. She should relase this song I think it would perform better than her lable thinks it would.

• June 15, 2012 at 6:20 am
    J.Anthony says:

Sounds like it needs a Rick Ross feature. Not bad though.

• June 15, 2012 at 6:49 am
    im not throwing shade, but... says:

“Cole’s voice is allowed room to breath- removed from the studio wizardry she clearly can do without when paired with the right vocal production and lyrics”

You’re joking right!? You think she can SING this live TGJ? I’m disappointed you slated her from preformance 1, and now you think she’s a musical genius. She hasn’t created anything unique to her, this album is just a rip off of popular artists songs by them or their producers sung by her, nothing more than a compilation album

• June 15, 2012 at 7:55 am
    roman says:

The vocals + production SCREAMS Lana Del Rey. But it’s just not as believable, this should have been on Born To Die!!!!

HeavyHeavy Replied:

AGREE

Vegas Girl Replied:

Totally agree

WE THE ROSES Replied:

But wtf is a ghetto baby? That’s all I want to know..

• June 15, 2012 at 8:21 am
    skintightjeans says:

b**** wanna be down so bad. Stupid ass white chick from Newcastle with nasty tattoos who have to get talented people to write her lyrics for her.

Isabelle Replied:

How’d you feel if in my every post I’d say “stupid ass black chick” ? Oh you’d tell me I’m a racist, right ?

Otis Replied:

I’d say your an ass hole cos there was no need.

skintightjeans Replied:

Isabelle, Who gives a f***. Say what you want. You think I care about what some random like you says on the internet?? Chile please…**flips hair and the bird**

• June 15, 2012 at 8:47 am
    Marcos O'liva says:

I LOVE THE SONG. dont think its made for cheryl cole to sing it. i think she might recieve alot of flack for this song. i can understand why tho.

• June 15, 2012 at 9:01 am
    Save says:

Lana Del Rey should have kept this she would have killed this!!

HeavyHeavy Replied:

I hope the demo leaks..you can tell she didn’t change any vocal arrangements either.

• June 15, 2012 at 9:27 am
    China says:

This song is not good, not horrible but…
    And why is she to old for this when Madonna still makes songs like this, Nicki Minaj is 29 and still makes songs like this, Beyonce is 33 and still makes songs like this.

• June 15, 2012 at 10:31 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

If this song has any good in it is thanks to Lana del Rey. Nothing else. Probably the best from Cheryl since she is a basic and talentless girl

• June 15, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Dustin says:

Damn!!

The beat and vocal arrangement are HOT! It could almost fit on Born to Die but not really. This is quintessential Lana though.

If I were Lana I would have submitted this to Britneys team. This song is pretty cutting edge, the kind of track that Brit could take to #1.

• June 15, 2012 at 12:00 pm
    Auntie_Jackie says:

Wow, wow, wow.

This is the most ignorant s*** I’ve ever heard!

• June 15, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    Jac The Machine says:

it sounds like lana del rey…………

• June 16, 2012 at 2:34 am
    Saetana says:

Its blindingly obvious its a Lana Del Ray song, and Cheryl does not sound right singing it. She has a totally boring voice, she cannot express emotion of any description – I’ve heard either clips or the full songs from her album now and its easily the worst of her three and she has no X Factor behind her this time. Do us all a favour Cheryl, get back with Girls Aloud and stick with them – singing in a group can cover up a multitude of sins plus there are better singers to do the hard parts (which for Cheryl tends to be most of a song).

• June 19, 2012 at 10:38 pm
    Sean says:

Wow. Surprised and disapointed by all the hate. Seems nobody can do anything without a whole bunch of people dragging them down. Odd that so many people who dislike Cole spend so much time discussing her.
    As a LDR fan, I love this. Hope a demo leaks. I think Cole does a sublime job on this though.