New Song: No Doubt – ‘Push and Shove (ft. Major Lazer & Busy Signal)’

shares
no doubt push shove e1346249353935 New Song: No Doubt   Push and Shove (ft. Major Lazer & Busy Signal)

Eclectic Pop quad No Doubt debuted their title track from their forthcoming LP, ‘Push and Shove’, on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS morning show moments ago.

What are you waiting for? Take a listen to ‘Settle Down’ follow-up below…

A blissful melee of Reggae, Rock, and Pop, ‘Shove’ showcases the group in all their blended brilliance. The track literally sounds like three-in-one.

That said, the track’s biggest strength also serves as somewhat of an Achilles Heel, in that the production on its euphoric chorus could and should have served as the entire song. What’s more, the cut’s multiple genres raise the question of where – if at all – this fits on radio.

Still, No Doubt have earned a place in the history books for delivering “the different” and forcing the industry to sit up, pay attention, and often follow their lead. It’ll be ultra interesting to see if they can do the same when ‘Push and Shove’ (the album) arrives in stores on September 25th.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (81)

• Mark111

Mark111 (67)

• rita ora

rita ora (60)

• Tyler

Tyler (58)

1. August 29, 2012 at 9:19 am
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

Ok….. Imma need a few more listens.

2. August 29, 2012 at 9:25 am
    Spot Love says:

I will have to take another listen again and again and again and again

3. August 29, 2012 at 9:30 am
    erik says:

love it.

4. August 29, 2012 at 9:37 am
    ... says:

um it sounds ok. will have to grown on me though. as far as radio goes, it just lacks the simplicity to be a hit.

5. August 29, 2012 at 9:38 am
    It's ME says:

LOVE IT!!

6. August 29, 2012 at 9:43 am
    POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

WTF with the “euphoric” choruses , sam ?

I think this is a Hot boiling mess , and the sad part is : i love “No doubt” :(

• August 29, 2012 at 10:10 am
      HOLLYWOOD says:

I think you’re a hot boiling mess. You can have SEVERAL seats! BAM!

• August 29, 2012 at 11:37 am
        POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

shhh.

• August 29, 2012 at 10:48 am
      blzbuay says:

The sad part is that you have lost all existence of whatever musical taste you might have had, please take SEVERAL seats young one.

This might not be everyone’s favorite cup of tea but you cannot deny it’s unique and worthy of being a single. It’s actually kind of amazing and I laugh now at the thought of you hearing this so much in the coming weeks+months and come to f****** love it!

• August 29, 2012 at 11:37 am
        POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

huh ?

7. August 29, 2012 at 9:54 am
    Casual says:

What happened to Settle Down? The pop market right now was made for No Doubt, so it’s surprising they’re moving on to a follow-up single so quickly.

• August 29, 2012 at 11:16 am
      blzbuay says:

Actually this is smart move, this of it this way.

not one but two HIT singles before the release of an album? when these days most artist are lucky to get one from an album? This will ensure that the masses buy this upon release.

8. August 29, 2012 at 10:02 am
    talent not gimmick says:

Some of the people on this blog, are just children….this is the reason why people like rihanna and nicki Minaj are so popular. Fools for marketing…keep giving your money….your favs are laughing at you and running to the bank with your cash.

9. August 29, 2012 at 10:02 am
    IOU says:

YES. So much better than Settle Down. I actually forgot what it was called there for a second, should have been the first single.

10. August 29, 2012 at 10:06 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

I can’t believe how much I hate it! I agree that it sounds like three songs in one, but that’s NOT a good thing! I hate the verses. The chorus is not horrible, but it has to be faster and have louder drums and a bass boost. Even though I applaud their devotion in this new project and their clever strategy to release one more single before the album now that ‘SD’ has peaked, the song is all over the place.

Anyway, I’m still rooting for them, although I don’t think I will like this album. Still, I hope they do well.

• August 29, 2012 at 10:25 am
      HOLLYWOOD says:

The only thing I agree with you is the pace of the chorus. Other than that, I think the song is perfect. It’s something different, and that’s what the industry needs. Music now is ONLY single worthy…and that’s not saying much.

• August 29, 2012 at 11:35 am
      POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

that’s y i like your comments the most , you always say it at the end of the day , you may sound more diplomatic than me at times and less bitchy ” clearly” , but U say it :D

• August 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm
        HOLLYWOOD says:

;)

11. August 29, 2012 at 10:09 am
    HOLLYWOOD says:

This is amazing! I’m in love!

12. August 29, 2012 at 10:11 am
    IOU says:

I also want to smack that b**** who ever recorded, “ON AIR WITH…”. Shut the f*** up.

• August 29, 2012 at 10:51 am
      blzbuay says:

hostile much?

chill, in a few days if not hours we will have a HQ one.

least we got to listen to good song.

• August 30, 2012 at 2:11 am
        IOU says:

Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard at 6am, especially with earphones in. I’m downloading the iTunes now though. YAY!

13. August 29, 2012 at 10:49 am
    britqueen says:

amazinggg why are people not loving this??? ud rather have more guetta???

• August 29, 2012 at 11:24 am
      blzbuay says:

Yes, or RedOne, or Calvin Harris or any other (while talented) flavor of the time.

This is amazing as you said! People have proven to be utter dumb f**** sometimes… I mean “Call Me Maybe” when to # 1.

14. August 29, 2012 at 10:55 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Wow I was confused at the beggining of the song, like “ok what is this, I´m going to need more listenings for sure and maybe I´ll like it”
    But at the second chorus or so I was absolutely sold. I love it
    I prefer this one than the first single. They are among my priorities again in the coming months: No Doubt, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Gaga and maybe Xtina Aguilera

• August 29, 2012 at 11:22 am
      blzbuay says:

We share same priorities, well almost!

in mine, X-Tina is a for sure and Mariah is the maybe.

Can you honestly tell me you liked “triumphant” I love Mimi but that was wack! a left over track from her last album or even the one before. I want better from her! I expect better!

• August 29, 2012 at 11:25 am
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

I sure like Triumphant. In fact I can´t get enough of it. It´s a grower. Way better than Touch my Body and Obsessed

• August 29, 2012 at 11:38 am
      POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

U are the typical lamb , huh ?

god forbid a lamb to admit liking Xtina , huh john ?

• August 29, 2012 at 11:45 am
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

??? lol I said maybe Xtina cos she is not on the others level musically, but specially cos her lead single is too trend follower to me. But I´m sure she´ll have interesting things on her album, she always has, how is that negative or something?

15. August 29, 2012 at 11:00 am
    Me says:

The reggae ended slays..the song have many strong points that should have been brought out more in the song

16. August 29, 2012 at 11:05 am
    Auntie_Jackie says:

This is a WIN. WIN. WIN!

The people who don’t like this will be late to the party, as usual. Crying about how much they hate the song and will be loving its style years later. It’s the same people who thought Kelis’ style was crazy and wack and then fell all over Rihanna when she did it 4 years after. This is an awesome song and I love it. I will be purchasing this album.

• August 29, 2012 at 11:20 am
      blzbuay says:

@ Auntie Jackie

LOVE Kelis!, loved her since “Caught out There”

Agree 110% This is a WIN!

and I laugh at the people tryin to knock it down cause you know we will be hearing this non stop soon enough.

I too will buy this album… well Pirate Bay that sh*t but still it’s worthy to have!

• August 29, 2012 at 11:34 am
      POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

WHAT kelis ?

Rihanna voice was distinctive since second 1 and it was all hers.

Kelis is good , and so is rih , 2 differet kind of artists !! Rihanna has her own sound , her own style !!! like no other !

• August 29, 2012 at 11:52 am
        Auntie_Jackie says:

@ blzbuay

Dead @ Pirate Bay, but I understand..the economy is rough! Ha!

@ Pop Royalty

Kelis sounds only like herself, so I would never compare her sound to anyone else. Style wise, Rihanna stylist just grafted Kelis’ 05′ ’06 Black short cut, then black mohawk, then blonde mohawk onto Rihanna. I know you love your girl, but let’s be real. Especially since Rihanna has already moved on to 28 other styles since then.

That’s what her stylist does, she scouts other people’s styles and gives them to Rihanna. Fe Fe Dobson, Eva Simmons –among others.

• August 29, 2012 at 2:07 pm
      mob: Operation kill the b!+@# says:

Nah, No Doubt can miss me with this mess and I have been a fan of their “for a minute”!

I like “Kelis’ crazy “that’s what made her unique regardless of media/raido airplay or ARTIFICIAL FIRST WEEK SELLS FIGURES!

17. August 29, 2012 at 11:07 am
    blzbuay says:

This is why I have always been a fan of New Doubt. They usually always deliver. You cannot deny this is a well produced and executed song.

Radio friendly? perhaps not in the American market since this just has no way of comparing to “Call Me Maybe” but worldwide? I would certainly hope so!

It’s another welcomed addition to this new era of New Doubt and I can’t deny that I am excited for the rest of the album.

To those who want to try knocking this down?
    1. I pray for your lack of musical taste. I mean you can at least appreciate the amount of work put into this.
    2. Sorry – this IS a great song! Maybe not to your liking but it’s at least fresh and doesn’t sound like anything out there and it’s still No Doubt and not some track produced by RedOne or David Guetta. (love both btw no shade, just saying it’s different but still good.
    3. And anyway you might as well like it now otherwise it will be funny (to me not you) when this is playing non stop (as it will) and you cannot stop hearing it cause it’s that good!

• August 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm
      mob: Operation kill the b!+@# says:

No Doubt is a media/industry favorite so they will receive the appropriate amount of airplay and media respect trust that!

18. August 29, 2012 at 11:32 am
    POP ROYALTY ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

NOthing Wrong in saying that i don’t like it , you act as if i hated on them and Ripped everyone of them !!

i hope everyone who liked it will actually buy it when it is available in stores and not only do the talking part of “supporting my fav” !!!

it is Just messed up , i know Diplo is a crazy Dj with his beats , but i don’t like this !! ASAT.

19. August 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm
    MC says:

I was borderline at first, but then BAM! YES! I like it :) I need music that slays me as of late from my faves. This year/next year lots of exciting music is coming out and I CANNOT WAIT!!! :)

20. August 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

At first sounds a mess but then is cool, It’s the band sound, anyway, Settle Down is better, i been a fan of the band since the 90’s, only real fans wil understand and appreciate this song, what do you expected?, this is not Gwen Stefani, this is No Doubt, i can’t wait for the album.

21. August 29, 2012 at 12:48 pm
    justsomekid says:

Settle Down was awesome.
    This makes Settle Down seem mediocre.
    Flawless <3

22. August 29, 2012 at 1:53 pm
    mob: Operation kill the b!+@# says:

Wow, look at all that DYED BLONDE HAIR even the Indian guy 0_O! I wonder why no one is complaining? *side-eye*

As for this song…ewww 2 thumbs down! This is not the No Doubt I remember! Can I get a little “Hey Baby Hey” Underneath It all” or “Don’t Speak”?

• August 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm
      justsomekid says:

Why are you so surprised by their dyed blonde hair? And what’s with “even the Indian guy”?! It surprises you that people of non-caucasian descent have the right to bleach their hair?
      Well, aren’t we educated…
      P.S. – It’s “Hey Baby” not “Hey Baby Hey” and judging by your choice of songs, you clearly aren’t very familiar with No Doubt’s sound. Go listen to their Return Of Saturn album – they’ve had a similar sound to “Push and Shove” before.

23. August 29, 2012 at 4:53 pm
    dstrock says:

I mean, it’s nice. I really want them to find success with this, because lord knows they deserve it

24. August 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm
    HOLLYWOOD says:

This song has been on my mind all day. Their plan has conquered! :)

25. Vote

[…] high-profile feature comes on the heels of yesterday’s premiere of the title track from Gwen and co’s comeback album ‘Push And Shove’ (due […]

26. August 31, 2012 at 11:29 pm
    loganjm2 says:

No Doubt has always had a blended sound of those three genres! Rock Steady is my fav No Doubt album and it was recorded in Jamaica and is comprised of these 3 genres as well!

27. Vote

[…] heard lead single ‘Settle Down’ and the LP’s title track, now tease your ears with a taste of the rest of the album […]

28. September 12, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    Mateo says:

in order for a band to grow they always have to switch it up. and its no doubt theyre known for taking risks, daring, and trendsetting. i am obsessed with this song. so unique and out in left field. if it doesnt appeal to the masses now by making it big on the airwaves. we will b hearing this same sound and inspiration in 5 to 10 years. GO ND!! “you push and shove. i take the bait. its a risky business. gonna play it anyway”