New Song: Justin Timberlake – ‘Suit & Tie’ ft. Jay-Z *Updated*

81710c4fcfad96876d554ee49ee5a2f5 New Song:  Justin Timberlake   Suit & Tie ft. Jay Z *Updated*

Looks like Justin Timberlake‘s looking to bring more than sexy back if his latest single is anything to judge by!

A mid-tempo groove similar to his early 2000’s hit ‘Senorita’, Timberlake enlists the help of rapper/mogul Jay Z for ‘Suit & Tie’ – his Timbaland-produced return to charts.  The first song lifted from his yet-titled follow-up to 2006’s ‘FutureSex LoveSounds’, the song hasn’t been available on Itunes for 30 minutes yet and is already skyrocketing up the digital charts.

Teasing his highly anticipated return for the last week or so, you tell us:  is this just what the doctor ordered to heal those in desperate need for a fix of Justin?  Take a listen to the new Robin Thicke joint below:

Not exactly what we were expecting from the long-awaited sessions of Timberlake and Timbaland, but we must say – we like.  Timberlake shows off his much missed brand of confidence and cool in the horn-heavy number (something we’re certainly not hearing from popular radio).  But, in this electro-pop dominated climate, many were sure J.T. would take the obvious route and produce numbers similar to those from his 2006 LP.

While we do long for the ‘Sexy Back’ and ‘My Love’ -esque joints, we can tap our feet to this.  Let’s hope though that this is just a taste of what his next set is offering and not fully representative of its tracklisting.  For, while fans may miss ol’ JT, the inevitable Justin Bieber comparisons are looming. So, it helps to make records that will appeal to the diehard 2002 Timberlake fanbase as well as the new, up-and-coming 2012 (and beyond) fanbase.

Grade:  B-

Click here to purchase your official copy!

• January 13, 2013 at 11:22 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

…..oh

I DON'T SPEAK VERMIN!! Replied:

Right, Timbaland needs to lay down and take a nap cus his beats are outdated and Justins voice is outdated. TRASH 101

NAVI Replied:

shut up f*****

BEYHIVE Replied:

oh god i’m kinda nervous now to hear beyonce new single and the sound he did with her :(

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

Outta the songs that just dropped these few days heres my honest opinion of the worst to the even worst songs

1.)Destinys Child- NUCLEAR- ITS JUST HORRIBLE IT WINS FOR BEING THE WACKEST SONG OF 2013 SO FAR

2.)Kenya-GONE WITH THE WIND- ITS LIKE A PARODY SONG GIRL BYE…

3.)Justin Timberlake-SUIT&TIE SO DISAPPOINTED JUSTIN PLEASE BABY COME HARDER I CAN’T WITH THIS AT ALL

4.) Ciara-WAKE UP NO MAKE UP- THIS IS ACTUALLY AN OK CLUB SONG BETTER THAN THE 3 ABOVE #SORRY

Sleazy Replied:

Those are official songs Wake up Turn up is a mixtape song and its not even her mixtape

AmbeRussell Replied:

what song is not bad, it is everything else that is going on about the record that makes it bad. justin voice is not good, too high and thin, robin thicke woulda killed the singing for this track. next, the beat is some what dated. and too cheesy. jay being on it does not help it either. and it was too long

• January 13, 2013 at 11:23 pm
    Es says:

ill wait til I hear full song before final judgement, but not impressed so far…

glum Replied:

That was the full song…

• January 13, 2013 at 11:23 pm
    BeeBee says:

YESSSSSS JUSTIN! COME BACK AND CLAIM YOUR SPOT! Jusin Bieber will fadeinto the light because he will be NO competition for you! I cant f****** wait!!! Sometimes, it’s great for old musical stars to comeback and claim what’s rightfully theirs, if they know how.
    #JustinTimberlake2K13

angela Replied:

WTF does Bieber have to do with Timberlake? He is 18 years old. Justin is 32. They are NOT peers.

• January 13, 2013 at 11:24 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

I just feel that Robin thicke would have done this song justice..but you know i’m going to wait before i go completely in. His voice though ummm..

• January 13, 2013 at 11:27 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

Oh they just posted the full song.. Back to the studio boo..

• January 13, 2013 at 11:31 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

Jay-z on the track??

HoneychildPlease Replied:

guess it’s more..

• January 13, 2013 at 11:34 pm
    blacklover says:

YASSSS!! I HAVE BEEN SLAYED INTO ANOTHER REALM!! OMG SOMEBODY HELP! I NEED T0 FIND MY WAY HOME!! THIS HASNT HAPPENED TO ME SINCE WILLOW SMITH’S WHIP MY HAIR!!

skintightjeans Replied:

Chile please sit with the dramatics.

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

like forreals this song didn’t slay no one

NAVI Replied:

girl shud up..and what’s with the caps.

• January 13, 2013 at 11:35 pm
    Monstarebel (f** Boy) says:

WTF IS THIS??????? I’m disappointed I hope this Is a buzz single or something cause this isn’t a good comeback song he’s been gone to long to being putting out some mediocre s*** like this I’m like so upset right now :(

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

& this is coming from a true fan…

• January 13, 2013 at 11:35 pm
    lolax says:

BORING :S

• January 13, 2013 at 11:43 pm
    Teacher says:

Well I was enjoying it until it sped up…*shrugz*

• January 13, 2013 at 11:57 pm
    QueenBIsLilKim says:

First Destiny’s Child “Nuclear” and now Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” Not impressed by both. I was expecting more from both DC and JT, guess they lost their touch.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:05 am
    Steve W. says:

I like it. Yeah, it wasn’t the comeback everybody was expecting, but it’s still a nice track. Back when SexyBack first came out, people wasn’t really feeling it, then it took off and I see the same happening for this song. The video & live performances will really show how much potential this one got. All in all, JT is BACK!!!

Ayo Replied:

But SB was still something fresh, this is seriously what Robin Thicke has been doing for the past how long now…

• January 14, 2013 at 12:10 am
    Cream says:

It’s s*** because he was working on Beyonce ablum he did not have time for his own s*** onley the King b****** get ready # I be on my suit & tie s*** ??? WTF he tried tho

• January 14, 2013 at 12:13 am
    Cream says:

The DC song is a old song it’s not a new song DAMN!!!! And comeing from a lil Kim fan??? Girl no thank you

• January 14, 2013 at 12:15 am
    mc the place to be! says:

• January 14, 2013 at 12:17 am
    Remi Remz says:

I’ve never been a JT fan, but this is stellar!!! He has matured!

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

why is it mature because he’s talking bout suits & ties??? girl bye

angela Replied:

LMAO

• January 14, 2013 at 12:17 am
    Nay nay says:

FLOP!

• January 14, 2013 at 12:18 am
    mc the place to be! says:

The full song is on YouTube thank you bscott for being the first person for everything! And Jay verse at the end is good! It sounds great to me atleast it ain’t no electronic pop s*** I hated it when it was chopped though I hope they cut that out when he does it live #satisfied

Smurf Replied:

No actually Perez was first NOT B.s*** I mean scott

• January 14, 2013 at 12:19 am
    toohotfortv says:

I like that he is at least trying something a little different with his voice. this is very Marvin Gaye inspired (vocally, at least)… the track reminds me of something Janet would rock with.

I LOVE RIHANNA!!! Replied:

THIS IS HOW I KNOW YOU DONT KNOW MARVIN PENTZ GAYE!! FOR YOU TO COMPARE THIS WACK s*** TO THE PRINCE OF SOUL THEN YOU HAVENT NONE OF MARVINS MUSIC OR VOICE!!! MARVINS VOICE WAS SMOOTH AS SILK AND WITH SOUL!! JT IS FAKE WANNABE WHITE SOUL SINGER BUT HE AINT GOT NO SOUL IN HIS BONES!!_/

• January 14, 2013 at 12:19 am
    Whyjustinwhy says:

WTF. I don’ t usually post on this site. But this sounds like Robin Thicke leftovers. Like it really sounds just like him. If his whole album is like this he aint selling nothing unless he pulls a Beyonce and gets back with his boy band.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:24 am
    mc the place to be! says:

His new album is called the 20/20 experience coming out later this year

• January 14, 2013 at 12:25 am
    BABY T says:

I’m disappointed. This is a weak lead single. But I shouldn’t be surprised because Timbaland’s recent work is s***! I just pray the songs Timbaland did for Bey is soooooo much better than this.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:26 am
    skintightjeans says:

**sigh** I hate it.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:26 am
    NAVI says:

sounds like a robin thicke joint, meh. come harder JT i have faith in you.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:28 am
    You Wanna Bey Me says:

I been stressing 7 years and this is what the f*** u give me? Huh b****?

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

Girl I’m so disappointed….like really WTF is this??

You Wanna Bey Me Replied:

He could’ve kept this unreleased Music s** Love Sounds track, I’m over it. I just knew he was about to come back slaying….fooled me lol

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

lol I’m saying tho…..I thought this dude was bout to come & shut s*** down aaaaaaaah so disappointed in this…

• January 14, 2013 at 12:32 am
    Monstarebel (f** Boy) says:

Justin gotta come harder than this or you will end up like Nelly & her 6k album sales I don’t want that to happen to you I really don’t :(

You Wanna Bey Me Replied:

He’s so above this song, timbaland gassing his ass up trying to stay relevant with his ancient ass beats.

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

lol his beats are truly ANCIENT boo…I just really hope it’s a buzz single cause I can’t with this song

You Wanna Bey Me Replied:

Okay! Lol, I hope it’s a buzz single too, I would hate to see him flop because I’m truly a big fan, I still play FSLS til this day, hopefully round 2 will be a smash but it’s going to be hard to top his last album, it’s such a classic.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:40 am
    Dane says:

This s*** is fly…groovy……… I’m so glad he didn’t come back to that dance pop b*******….

irene46 Replied:

fly? groovey? is this sarcasm? anyway i couldn’t vote because i really like it but can’t say i love it.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:46 am
    mc the place to be! says:

What this be a hit like sexyback no one liked that either and he said in a letter before releasing this is that he expected criticism and he just walked in the studio one day and did whatever he liked

• January 14, 2013 at 12:46 am
    aurora says:

The song nice n smooth hopefully all the artist coming out 2013 will bring the death of electro pop trash justin take the lead

irene46 Replied:

oh, yeah!

• January 14, 2013 at 12:48 am
    meccamaddness says:

I’m loving how it’s NOT dance/pop/house/euro/electro/indie/pop-rock/country-pop or any of the rest of that f** s*** that’s been contaminating up the airways since 2008. JT came back similarly to the way he went out, which means that he hasn’t sold out or compromised himself to any fad…and watch the s*** STILL wind up slaying iTunes. Take note Usher, Chris and Neyo. It’s a damn shame when white boy keeps it realer than yall do. And I’m hoping you’re listening too Beyonce, just in case you were contemplating going pop this year.

Hate to say it, but JT and all his Caucasianness might wind up reactivating urban music.

NAVI Replied:

whats wrong with indie music…kid stfu.

SO Fresh Replied:

you said that!

Dev Replied:

Really, Did you miss Miguel? The underrated Brandy & SWV albums? Yes! The caucasians may end up reviving urban music, but that will be only due to hype from the media that real urban acts are not getting. Remember, the media is not an even playing field

angela Replied:

We praising white folks now? Sit your black sambo ass down.

So we are just going to pretend Miguel, Frank Ocean, etc. don’t exist? As for Usher, isn’t ‘Climax’ R&B? I don’t recall any of Ne-Yo’s songs straying from his sound either. So all you’ve got left for your argument is Chris Brown, who was never really R&B to begin with.

ronnoc Replied:

usher is a sellout whether you like it or not. climax is pretty much his only recent r&b song. everything else is electro trash

Hush Replied:

Ummmm did you not hear Chris’s debut album? His music was totally R&B when he came out. Most of his second album was R&B too. It wasn’t until “Forever” and “Yeah x3″ that his music started getting noticeably poppier. Neyo? I take it you haven’t heard “Let Me Love You” and “Give Me Everything” with Pitbull. And Usher? “Climax” may have been R&B, but its those “electronic” syths and light dubstep influences seemed like a subtle ploy to make it sound compelling to pop audiences at the same time. It wasn’t as full on R&B like “Burn” and “U Got It Bad.”

ronnoc Replied:

bey aint doing any electro pop this year.. she’s already said its another r&b ish album

• January 14, 2013 at 12:55 am
    Evan says:

Its okay. It’s supposed to be amazing!

• January 14, 2013 at 1:06 am
    Girrrl says:

This song is cute. It’s definitely not as forward thinking as Adorn or Climax but I expect this to chart higher than those songs because… it’s Justin Timberlake. I’m buying some Robin Thicke on Itunes since this sounds like him.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:09 am
    Dev says:

Justin was never a great singer in or out of in-sync, he was captured in a time when good songs, good looks and mediocre singing was becoming accepted (see jennifer Lopez for reference also)
    As we are once again in this moment in time this is the perfect time for JT to come back, but the music has moved on from this somewhat dated track leaving Justin’s shortcomings of full blast.

Did i really see a comment talking about a Marvin Gaye vibe?
    Some people really have no idea

I LOVE RIHANNA!!! Replied:

YES GORL!!! THEY TRIED THE PRINCE OF SOUL!!! MARVIN!!

• January 14, 2013 at 1:12 am
    christinastherealtalent says:

I hate that i love this song. I hate it because all of Timbalands production on every song he does sounds reminiscent of previous works but i love it because its classic Justin and its not dance pop s***. People say what yall want about this song but if you can endorse the salty s*** that Justin Beiber, Rihanna, or Nicki Minaj do then yall can endorse this.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:13 am
    Jamiejames says:

This is for grown folks. Justin isn’t a child anymore and I’m glad he’s not trying to be. Grown ups want melody and a great hook. Y’all can keep the mess most of you Stan (except the beyhive) most you guys simply have no clue what good music is. This ridin in your car after you off work kinda music.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:17 am
    CzarM says:

That it’s not electro/dance is enough for me to wanna give daps. There’s nothing wrong with this song at all. At first I was iffy on how draggy the intro was, but when it sped up, I started finger snapping. It’s infectious as hell. And when that intro beat came back toward the end with Jay, I wasn’t even mad. This is classic JT, with some upbeat soul mixed in.

Justin is probably one of the very few who could get away with this today, and I’m not mad at him for it. Those complaining were probably expecting some OTT, over-produced, headache inducer with a thousand BPM that the swaggots could bounce around to in their sagging skinny jeans and Obey snapbacks. How predictable. He didn’t do that and I’m glad. He didn’t come back trying to be (or compete with) the other Justin. He came back as himself. Good on him.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:17 am
    RIHANNA'S h***** says:

I THINK THEY WANT TO BRING BACK URBAN MUSIC ON THE RADIO…

• January 14, 2013 at 1:19 am
    Rope Burn says:

L21480 Replied:

How’s that when Justin’s solo debut came BEFORE Robin’s debut?

People love to talk and critique, trying to be snotty and judgmental, while not knowing a damn thing they’re saying. If you knew what you were talking about, you would not only know that Justin was out before Robin BUT that Robin started out much different than he is now. Robin’s earlier music was more bluesy-alternative-underground soul, and image-wise he was more bohemian and hippish. It was after that failed to catch on (while Justin was blowing up) that he cleaned up his image, pepped up his tempo and became more rhythmic…like Justin. If anyone “copied” anyone in this scenario, it’s Robin who can be charged with biting off Justin, not the other way around.

angela Replied:

Robin is much more like Jon B than Justin. Justin makes POP MUSIC, with a *slight* R&B flare to it.

Avenger Replied:

And Janet is a poor man’s Michael. You’re just another bitter Janet fan who never got over the SB incident and how Justin’s music career continued, while hers…eh…

angela Replied:

Janet is a legend who’s career started in the 1970s. What are you talking about? JJ is nothing like Michael either.

BEAUX Replied:

“This just confirms what I’ve felt about Justin ever since the day he went solo…..HE IS A POOR MAN’S ROBIN THICKE!!!!!!!!”

***********************************

* Justin Timberlake – debut – Justified – released: 11/5/2002
    * Robin Thicke – debut – A Beautiful World – released: 4/15/2003

L2 is right. Thicke’s debut album wasn’t much like his now trademark sound. It was Pharrell who steered Thicke there with “Wanna Love You Girl” after he produced half of JT’s solo debut, which sounded a lot like it. So that means that JT was the template for RT, not the other way around!

skintightjeans Replied:

Who f****** cares!!! Damn ya’ll kill me comparing mafuckas on here. Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake are both great and talented artists!

• January 14, 2013 at 1:21 am
    Mc the place to be! says:

When people try to do stuff different and try to take us back to that place where music was pretty decent we decline it and that’s the reason why electronic pop is the main attraction I wish some of y’all would go by what you write OK the song is not up to some peoples potential but on YouTube and everywhere else it is but its not a horrible song I’ve heard worst last year and I’m still getting his album like a fan would and he’s been working with timbaland since his first album why would he stop now that’s clearly where he makes his magic with o well can’t please everbody

• January 14, 2013 at 1:22 am
    JER says:

it’s a good ALBUM track. This is not single material. I can here this as like the 4th song on his album. The song that comes after the singles and before a slow bedroom jam. It’s OBVIOUS this is more of a buzz single and there will be another single out before the album drops and PROBABLY a third song out right before the album drops (you know how they do these days)

MY issue with the song is it doesn’t slay me. But it doesn’t suck either at all. It’s just not the giant edgy future song I was expecting. I was expecting more of “We Found Love” less “Run the World”

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

“I was expecting more of “We Found Love” less “Run the World”

Lmao okaaaaay!!

EnRanc Replied:

ROFLMAO! Justin would never record a song like WFL. That’s not his style. It’s funny that you were even expecting something in vein of that from him. You’d sooner get something like from Bieber than Timberlake.

JER Replied:

You obviously don’t get the comparison. I was referring to how edgy, different, and successful “We Found Love” was for Rihanna VS how uncomfortable, flat, and a bomb “Run the World” was for Bey.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:29 am
    Bonganie says:

Usher’s Climax (one of the best rnb tracks last year!) didn’t reach the top 10 on the Hot 100, Ne-yo’s R.E.D (one of the better rnb releases last year, it was mostly rnb!) also flopped, even Miguel’s Adorn didn’t reach the top 10 on the Hot 100! Fact is rnb is nolonger selling, so artists got to go with the trends or we forget about them!

EnRanc Replied:

Yeah and in five years from now 80% of the people playing “follow the leader” won’t be remembered, and their sound-a-like hits will be dismissed as well. You kill me endorsing conformity like that. That’s not what real artists who are out to carve their own lane, and who would like to have longstanding careers, make a habit of doing. Justin played that game when he was with Nsync. He doesn’t have to do that now.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:30 am
    Monstarebel (f** Boy) says:

I’m not saying the song is bad it’s just very mediocre to me it doesn’t stand out at all he needs to come with something stronger he’s been gone for to long for him to put out a miss like this…I’m sorry it’s how I feel

*please baby Jesus let this just be a buzz single*

• January 14, 2013 at 1:51 am
    Together Again (Beyonce's Weave) says:

Justin NO, I didn’t want this to happen but it looks like it’s happening. I might have to buy 10 copies of “suit and tie” on iTunes to stop it from happening.

Justin should have come harder than this, I cannot believe this is happening, he might flop.

• January 14, 2013 at 2:07 am
    Together Again (Beyonce's Weave) says:

I had to listen to Usher “Climax” and “Scream” just to relieve the pain. Justin how could you? I waited a freaking long time and this is what you give me??

Usher would have blown up this era if he released the right material. Climax, Dive and Lemme See should not have been singles because RnB is dead.

Back to Justin, I spotted iTunes already promoting this single, I hope it does well because I am extremely worried about you. You should have never worked with Timbaland too, he hasn’t had a hit in years.

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

I’m just as disappointed sis :(

• January 14, 2013 at 2:08 am
    Ralphy says:

Like im trying to love this but i dunno its almost as bad as the duet with ciara ;( … jus saying yeahhhhhhh

Sleazy Replied:

Do you even have ears? Love.s**.magic was everything even got a Grammy nod!!!! That song slayed

• January 14, 2013 at 2:17 am
    Always says:

Kudos to JT for not coming out with some wack ass Taio Cruz, LMFAO, Rihanna sounding mess. This is like “Rock Your Body” 2013 and it’s all good.

• January 14, 2013 at 2:25 am
    RoyalKev says:

Ummmm, this killed my high a little bit. This sounds like an authentic Justin track, but when he goes this route I honestly get bored. It’s the kind of track that makes me think , he’s talent, but that you won’t listen to more than once. I was so in need of some Future s** Love Sounds! :(

• January 14, 2013 at 2:27 am
    tia says:

First of all, who wrote this review up? This is not an electro pop song, this is more up tempo neo soul with a more r&b feel in the beginning….and it sounds NOTHING like senorita, one thing I do agree with is that he stole Robin thickes swag on this one. Def should he a Robin song.

• January 14, 2013 at 2:30 am
    Together Again (Beyonce's Weave) says:

Wait, wasn’t Beyonce supposed to be on this song? My guess is she heard the song and bolted, what a b****.

JER Replied:

I’m sure Justin played her the songs and she had her pick of the litter. Her and Jay then probably went in the studio and she re-recorded the verse so now her name is on the writing credi… i mean that song. Beyonce gets first dibs

• January 14, 2013 at 2:39 am
    JER says:

Ok after multiple listens, I’m concluded that this song is like Rihanna’s “Diamonds.” It’s flat, nothing new, kind of boring, and slightly annoying, but it’s ok. It does the trick. People will eat it up because it’s just satisfactory enough. So here’s hoping his album is like Rihanna’s and has songs miles better. I’m still waiting with baited breath for Bey’s new sangle. Beyonce better serve FIRE and not “Girl on Fire” (Ch…)

Smurf Replied:

…….And diamonds just became the longest running single on the r n b charts

JER Replied:

my technicality let’s not forget.

• January 14, 2013 at 3:10 am
    Avi says:

You can really tell the age group here. You brats are just mad that it ain’t some cookie cutter, pulsating, synthy beat from Dr. Luke or Max Martin that you can fist pump and queen out to. I’m sure Justin is very aware of what the trend is right now, and deliberately went left. That’s the good thing about being an established act who has already paid their dues and sold millions. You don’t have to fall in line with what everyone else is doing and can make the music you want.

Don’t be fake and get on here talking about “I looooved FS/LS….” and then complain about this song, which is basically cut from the exact same cloth. And real talk, if you don’t like this single then you probably won’t like the next one, or the one after that. Timberlake ain’t giving you Katy Perry.

skintightjeans Replied:

You stupid as hell! So you think a person who like Justified and FSLS AUTOMATICALLY has to like this song??? And if they don’t like this song, then they are fake?? Where did you find your logic in that? In the f****** trash can? Apparently YOU’RE in an age group that believes you have to stan for every single song that comes out whether a person likes it or not and that’s just dumb. I have both of Justin’s albums AND an NSYNC album AND have seen him in concert 2 times. I’m a huge fan. But I don’t like this song and not because it’s not produced by certain people or I need to fist pump to it. It’s just not a good song to ME. You can’t disqualify someone being a fan just because they don’t like certain songs from their fav. That would actually make them delusional if they’ve like every single thing a person puts out. without criticism.

• January 14, 2013 at 3:43 am
    dannehlicious says:

Glad he didn’t try to fit into mainstream music, it’s a nice song.

• January 14, 2013 at 3:57 am
    Keep it cute or keep it mute! says:

Fantastic!!!! Welcome back, this is the type of R&B i need in my life!!!!

• January 14, 2013 at 4:04 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

Whoever said JT makes Pop music with a slight RnB inflection was right; his music (and in particular his voice) lacks soul.

Whoever said it is a buzz single is probably wrong. A buzz single featuring the high profile (and expensive) Jay-Z? I doubt it.

The song is a good Pop record. When it started I thought it’d be a disaster but when it spedup it vastly improved. No doubt the video and live performances will give everyone the scope they need to really understand and enjoy the song much like how the short films for Black or White and Scream improved the whole experience of the records.

He has shown growth and for someone who could hsve easily dropped some triple cheese Euro-Dance track he did well with this slightly Jazzy production – kudos to Timbaland.

As for this “Savior of RnB” thing let’s get something straight: one must be able to SING RnB to DO RnB. Justin is a straight up Pop singer. Emoting over a beat produced by The Neptunes or Tim doesn’t make one an RnB singer, such takes technique, tone, soul and improvisation which originally started out in the oldest forms of Black American music, Blues, Jazz and Gospel. The reason his music or style seems so unique is because like MJ his music has become rare and only released on a blue moon. This is a stark difference to other RnB stalwarts like Beyonce and Usher who seemingly in a bid to be relevant release new slbums almost every 2/2.5 years.

Good effort JT, I’ve never been a fan but you might make a new one. Now for some non-desperate I’m-better-than-Usher performances and some real thought-out productions.

blue Replied:

buzz singles are just songs on the album that are great but not single worthy but could very much appeal to your fanbase. so yes a song one an album that fits that description and just happens to have jay on it could be a buzz single

• January 14, 2013 at 4:09 am
    Daz-One says:

This is a club banger for grown folks. I’m glad he choose the smooth routine and not the typical super played-out euro techno urban pop sound. I love the vibe. Very mature and a original setting for the industry that has become mesmerized by trends in this era (error) in music of today!

• January 14, 2013 at 4:13 am
    Hot_Acid says:

Most of you commenting clearly don’t know classic music. This song is FLY, may not be your tea but it’s classic!

Go play that played out pop/emd sounding ish that you worship

Justin you got me excited w/what your bringing! Justin, beyonce, lady gaga, and Ciara are leaving me anticipating!

NAVI Replied:

lady gaga? i can’t and you have the nerve to talk about pop/emd s****roll eyes*

• January 14, 2013 at 4:44 am
    blue says:

this is the kind of s*** that ends careers. if he is serious about a music career he should have come wit a bang! put riri on a track if you must, just make it a hit, then release the artistic crap as the 4th single

• January 14, 2013 at 4:47 am
    Hilly says:

This song is s***! I’m enjoying it, it’s on repeat! It’s not electro, there is no Autotune!
    I was expecting something more revolutionary from the guys who brought us SexyBack but I still love, it’s a song I want to listen in the car with my friend on the road to a party, or at home with a glass of wine!
    Anyway, well done JT!

[...] from rocking the media scape with new single ‘Suit & Tie (ft. Jay-Z)’, Justin Timberlake has whipped fans into heightened frenzy after announcing the title of the [...]

• January 14, 2013 at 4:59 am
    blue says:

looking at itunes, if this is the reaction ppl have to a jt single after 7 years of anticipation, some b****** better make sure their s*** is so hot it could rocket to the moon, or i see a lot of flopping for dinner

• January 14, 2013 at 5:03 am
    jamilaa says:

LOVE IT!

• January 14, 2013 at 5:14 am
    Oh Baby (b****** will deal) says:

Omg, I am kinda disappointed jt. Please bey please please please let this not be your fate too! I’m expecting a banger this time. And lessrun world but more irreplaceable/if I were a boy (mid tempo with an amazing beat/lyrics) time to leave the ‘up tempo first single’ formula now love. I still love the up tempo’s, but just not as the lead single. It’s getting dated. Still love you and want you to slay like I know you can!

Cass Replied:

Um, this is about JT not Bey…

oh baby (b****** will Deal) Replied:

Well I just made it about bey so….

• January 14, 2013 at 5:46 am
    dee says:

I love it! Great R&B song!

• January 14, 2013 at 5:50 am
    XoMoDe says:

Be as “disappointed” as you want, we all know JT is about to smash with this song/album/era. Already #6 on iTunes after just a few hours. The media adores him and is gonna eat up this “comeback” like cake.

• January 14, 2013 at 6:21 am
    Mark79 says:

Even though I was never a huge Timberlake fan, I have to credit him for not caving to peer pressure by conforming to Pop and returning with a decidedly R&B/Soul song. Props to him for being part of the solution rather than adding to the problem. I’m finally starting to sense a climate change in mainstream music. If this song becomes a hit, perhaps it’ll help turn a tide away from the way things have been since the late 00s. It’s been a long time coming.

• January 14, 2013 at 7:51 am
    hjgjh says:

LMFAO. THIS IS IT???? ALRIGHT ROBIN THICKE,

AND UGHH HE COULD HAVE KEPT THIS JAYZ FEATURE… HOV STAYS REPEATING THESE VERSES.. THIS IS BASICALLY A REHASH OF WHAT HE SAID ON TALK THAT TALK… NOW HE IS SOMEONE WHO REALLY NEEDS INSPIRATION..

I KNEW THIS s*** WOULD BE AN ANTI CLIMAX…. BEYONCE UP NEXT, ABOUT TO DISAPPOINT YOU STANS WITH A ‘THROWBACK FEEL’ SONG..

(IT IS A NICE SONG THO. JUST NOT EVEN REMOTELY WORTH THE HYPE)

[...] to iTunes on the night of its arrival, ‘Tie‘ now sits pretty at #9 on iTunes USA, reaching the spot before it hits radio and the benefit of a [...]

• January 14, 2013 at 9:14 am
    Cbhousing says:

I’m hoping that Justin sticks with what he feels is genuine. Sometimes it’s not all about how high you chart. Especially if it would compromise your previous work. I get it, the music industry is a business, but even if this song wasn’t to do well do you really think it would effect Justin’s career negatively??? Personally… I don’t think so. He has a good team. He will be alright.

Also everything shouldn’t sound the same… I don’t think people really realize how much trouble the music industry is in… Consumers aren’t happy, why do you think all these artist are endorsing all these random products & companies??? Because the record industry is drying up.

So if Justin, Beyonce, or whomever wants to experiment allow them… I really feel that music is on its way to something else… Dance is tecnically getting old. This is only the first track from his new material that we’ve heard. Give it time I am sure the complete package will make sense.

• January 14, 2013 at 9:32 am
    Mad-On-Her says:

Wow, I quite liked it but I would have thought he would come back with an undeniable hit, rather than something that people would debate over. Although, it’s true that I remember a similar reception for Sexyback, this is a different age. Now if something from a high profile star doesn’t impress straight away it has practically no chance of picking up later.

• January 14, 2013 at 10:03 am
    RICHANDBLACK11 says:

I like this no shade

• January 14, 2013 at 10:05 am
    ENOUGH ONIKA (0 GRAMMY NOMS...) says:

Justin Justin Justin……….with ALL the hype around your comeback, THIS is what you thought would satisfy your fan base??? What in the rejected beat hell is this?? I official declare the music industry is in a “creative recession” because NO ONE is able to come out with anything worth buying post 2009. Ciara, Destiny’s Child, Ke$ha, Lil Wayne, Onika, Nelly Furtado, Ashanti, Kelly Rowland, Rita Whora, Christina Aguilera, Eve, Missy Elliot AND NOW Justin Timberlake are all official seated and positioned on the flop chart until further notice….

Mad-On-Her Replied:

Christina’s flop was nothing to do with the music not being good.

• January 14, 2013 at 10:22 am
    Music Soul Harmony says:

Umm DC’s song Nuclear was recorded years ago therefore is not going to be a single. Why do people keep talking about that??? And I love the disco vibe of this song. Yesss. Get it Justin. Bought some Bee Gee’s type s*** back!

• January 14, 2013 at 10:25 am
    Music Soul Harmony says:

Chile Boo! Robin Thicke was not the one that invented male falsettos. JT has been singing like that his whole career! *rolls eyes*

PYTFROMAL Replied:

I meant to touch on that as well. Why would JT be trying to imitate RT(whom I like as well) when he was doing this before RT. LOL.

• January 14, 2013 at 11:01 am
    Everyone's A Critic says:

I love it. His voice is the s**! It’s so feel good, it’s gonna have longetivity.

• January 14, 2013 at 11:07 am
    Pop Royalty says:

my opinion : Average at Best.

But I’m so happy he’s back , i can ignore my initial opinion above for it.

WB J.T. :D

• January 14, 2013 at 12:39 pm
    IDK says:

I like it.

• January 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    PYTFROMAL says:

Some of these comments are ridiculous. You cant blame the success of JT’s song on the fact that he is white. If you want the black artists to succeed then buy their music.It comes down to the supporters. Period. Anyway, the song is just OK. Maybe it will grow on me but I hope Justin comes with some End of Time/My Love/Sexyback type music! Heis capable of making dope music plus he is very talented.

• January 14, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

It’s a nice song but not single material, there are rumors that this is a buzz single just to see how people react, i really hope this is true cuz i need him to kill those wannabes and not join the same club of Usher (once hot, not anymore) + i don’t like Jay-Z as a rapper, he has not emotions, btw those comparisons to Robin Thicke and Justin Bieber are ridiculous, anyway, i will wait for more music, i love him so just the fact that he is making music again makes me happy.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:22 am
    Musical Comebacks Of 2013! | True Star Magazine says:

[...] Check out Justin’s new track Suit & Tie ——> LISTEN NOW [...]

• January 19, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    Darren says:

Love it! It’s classy and brassy. I guarantee this is just a small taste of this amazing music to come. So glad Justin’s back.

[...] The impressive feat saw the single fend off major challenges from 50 Cent and Eminem‘s ‘My Life’ (#2), as well as Timberlake’s comeback effort ‘Suit & Tie’ (#3). [...]

[...] a major coup for the six-time Grammy winner, who blazed the charts this month with comeback single ‘Suit & Tie’ and will be hoping its parent album ‘The 20/20 Experience’ does the same when it hits [...]