Tina Admits To Slapping Beyonce For Diva Behavior

beyone+tina Tina Admits To Slapping Beyonce For Diva Behavior *This one kinda went overhead, so don’t shoot me if I’m late in posting LOL*
In a recent interview with Elle magazine, Beyonce’s mother, Tina Knowles, admitted to getting physical her superstar daughter over dodgy behavior:

Beyonce’s mom, Tina Knowles, also opened up about slapping her daughter for acting like a diva during a promotional appearance.

“My husband came up and said, ‘Tina! She’s got the No. 1 record on the radio!’ I said, ‘I don’t care!’” Tina says. “I was terrified. I had seen people take your child and turn them into something you didn’t want them to be.

“I taught my girls to pick up their own suitcases,” she adds. “Pretty is as pretty does. Like my mother said, ‘You got to be cute on the inside.’” {Source}

LMAO! Granted I would pay to have been a fly on the wall when that went down, it is very admirable. The last part she said about seeing the industry change your children had me thinking: if only other celeb parents would take a leaf out of Mama Knowles’ book (See: Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse). Yes, slapping a grown woman may sound extreme, but having someone genuine there to put you in check when need be would, I’m more than sure, do many of these off the rails celebs a lot of good.

• January 11, 2009 at 8:47 am
    Frederick says:

Bad. Whenever your parent puts a hand to you, it makes you want to act even more unruly than before. Especially if you’re feeling independent already.

• January 11, 2009 at 8:54 am
    Anonymous says:

Frederick…..what planet did you come from…because where i am from…u rarely get your ass beat for the same thing twice…i got my ass beat several times now…lol..i am sorry and that was the best thing to happen to me…trust…And TIna had every right to smack beyonce then…especially since it was very early in her career.because it humble her asss from early…lol…even Beyonce said that she wouldve probably been more diva-ish if she didnt get that smack 12 years ago…the must of been a hell of a slap…lol…u have to love your mothers for that sharp hand…lol

• January 11, 2009 at 10:20 am
    Anonymous says:

Good! I am on Tina’s side with this one! I would’ve slapped Matthew for coming up to me and saying “she’s got the #1 record just for being a diva!” A lot of these celebrities these days need to be put in check a lot more often and be reminded of where they actually came from.

• January 11, 2009 at 11:46 am
    Anonymous says:

She was 15 when she slapped her.Its when No,No,No was out.But im with her “She got a number 1 record” “And”? Thats an accomplishment but dont think ur s*** dont stink.

• January 11, 2009 at 12:25 pm
    Anonymous says:

this storied old, very old !!! sam you post news as it happens and while its relevant, not months later, dont you know anything ?

• January 11, 2009 at 12:27 pm

• January 11, 2009 at 4:58 pm
    Anonymous says:

Was this an excuse to have yet another Beyonce post? I think so, because this is real old.

• January 11, 2009 at 9:27 pm
    Sasha's Love Chile! says:

That’s a good thing… I DIVA behavior can turn into something WORSE!

• January 11, 2009 at 9:40 pm
    Akeys Ciara Rihanna and Jhud 4eva! says:

• January 11, 2009 at 9:57 pm
    Anonymous says:

^^ LOL thats funnni but its most deff FAKE u can hear beyonce’s original vocals underneath whos ever inpersonating her

• January 11, 2009 at 10:59 pm
    ND says:

LMAO BARE JOKE!!! LOVE MOMMA TINA

• January 12, 2009 at 3:53 am
    Anonymous says:

Mamma Knowles should have slapped her when she commented about the Jacksons.

• January 12, 2009 at 12:04 pm
    Anonymous says:

i agree. she needed to be smacked after she said that jacksons comment. that was just wrong. doesnt she know in twenty years there will be some youngun talking ish about her old ass. lol.

• January 12, 2009 at 12:38 pm
    Anonymous says:

Beyonce wasn’t grown when this happened. I read the full Elle article and Beyonce was 15 and it was right after “No No No” had blown up. Tina said it was the only time she had put her hands on B. Beyonce should consider herself lucky because my mama put them thangs on me up until I was 18, lol.

-Anonymous Dude

• January 12, 2009 at 1:53 pm
    melissa says:

This is old, and Beyonce was like 16

• January 12, 2009 at 4:35 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(origdjeh1 on youtube) DON’T GIVE UP!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• January 13, 2009 at 9:41 am
    j says:

whoever wrote that this post is old CANNOT READ
    because sam alread stated that the post was old!!!
    beyonce is so humble now …i wondered why!!

• January 14, 2009 at 10:45 pm
    Anonymous says:

f*** the Jacksons…cause someone needs to smack Joe, Michael and Janet and the rest of those low self esteem, molested and strange family…..

• August 18, 2011 at 10:18 pm
    Maxine Holt says:

I agree 100% with Tina . Beyonce needed a check beaa check before Diva went to her her her head then more problems. She GOOD NOW!!+

areli Replied:

shes the queen of the Illuminati you think thats good?

• September 30, 2011 at 6:35 pm