The-Dream: “I Won’t Be Producing Ciara’s New Album”

shares
ciara dream The Dream: I Wont Be Producing Ciaras New Album

As Ciara plots her chart return, all eyes are on who the singer has enlisted to craft her comeback effort. One such figure many hope not to see is hitmaker The-Dream. Ironic, it would seem, as a ‘hit’ is exactly what the 25 year old’s career is in dire need of.

Yet, meaty combo of their patchy output and Dream’s detrimental comments, have left many a Ms. Harris fan with a salty taste in their mouth when it comes to the producer – real name Terius Nash.

A taste they won’t to worry about much longer, though. For, the ‘Single Ladies’ mastermind has revealed that he will not be contributing to Super C’s Epic Records debut – in any capacity.

Find out why after the jump…

When greeted with the following from a presumed Ciara fan on Twitter:

@MrTeriusNash are u gonna be on the new ciara album? If so I hope u actually put ur all into.like u do Beyonce & rihanna!” >_>

…Dream responded saying:

@iLL_Will91 sorry but no I won’t be on this album because my contract doesn’t allow me to. I’m sure her fans are happy about that.

dream tweet The Dream: I Wont Be Producing Ciaras New Album

Ouch.

That said, despite Dream’s disdain for That Grape Juice, it’d be unfair to downplay his prior success producing for Ci. As such, credit where it’s due for ‘Ride’.

However, just like Janet and Jermaine (sans ‘So Excited’) and Dream again with Mariah, some unions just look much better on paper.  And while not the horror its sales suggested, ‘Basic Instinct’ (which Nash produced the bulk of) is easily the worst Ciara LP to date.

Thankfully, the line-up of producers enlisted for this project – along with her new label deal – see her prospects look all the more brighter this go round. Bring on album #5.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (62)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (54)

• Tyler

Tyler (53)

1. December 20, 2011 at 5:46 am
    MISHKA says:

I don’t know why blogs keep dragging this guy in the mud.

He gave Beyonce(Single Ladies), Rihanna(Umbrella) and Justin Bieber(Baby) their signature songs!

Black people are vampires for black people.

2. December 20, 2011 at 5:53 am
    The_LoveCult says:

The two have made amazing tracks together and each will leave their mark in history! There is no room for hate, everyone can succeed! Be Sure to Follow The-Dream on Twitter ( @MrTeriusNash ) The Single 4 the New Album #TheLoveIV Dropping early 2012!! #RadioKillaRecords #TheLoveCult is his fan club! If you are a fan follow @The_LoveCult

3. December 20, 2011 at 5:54 am
    none of ya damn business says:

YES! The true ciara fans are very pleased to know that he will not be working on the new album. I’m actually excited for her 5th one! Good luck ciara. Bring back some good R&B and some good dance tracks.

4. December 20, 2011 at 6:05 am
    Wizard says:

That’s a great thing When the Lp dropped Critics criticized The production and he does not put his all in for her he made hot tracks though (lovers thing Ride etc) rather work with someone you believe in! And Soundz is on the new record he makes Hot tracks! I just hope she makes dance music to Cus she is the Baddest dancer in the game

5. December 20, 2011 at 6:18 am
    Stacy says:

This is also why Katy Perry won’t be working with Dr Luke. He is now signed to Epic/RCA and he’ll be giving all his smashes to Ke$ha and Avril. Mwahaha!

Oh and thank the lawd no more Dream. He single handedly ruined Ciara’s last album with his lazy writing efforts.

it’s not a co-incidence that Run The World (Girls) written by the Dream also flopped for Beyonce.

6. December 20, 2011 at 6:21 am
    The-Truth says:

Its So True, Ciara needs to STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE Dream. He Sucks and Only gives his best to Rih and Bey

7. December 20, 2011 at 6:24 am
    Stacy says:

Sam, why do always start senteces with “For, blah blah blah…..” ?

Poor grammar.

8. December 20, 2011 at 6:42 am
    Wizard says:

Ciara needs to hop in the studio with Dr Luke “Tell me what your name is” was EPIC! Nothing Like Luke ever produced I didn’t even know he produced it

9. December 20, 2011 at 7:09 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

YAAASSS!And yes, her fans ARE very happy!!It’s time for Ciara to get out of the comfort zone that The-Dream has cemented for her and explore new grounds and stay away from the repetitive overplayed dated urban mid-tempos that he offered her.

10. December 20, 2011 at 7:37 am
    anna says:

wow DR LUKE produced tell me what your name is??? i loved that

yehhh i hope cici works with some more innovative producers maybe some european ones too

STAY AWAY FROM THE DREAM

11. December 20, 2011 at 7:42 am
    jill says:

It doesnt matter who she works with, she still will flop.

12. December 20, 2011 at 8:00 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

So happy about this! Ciara needs a new producer, her music will be so good with this album, hope she goes with so many different producers! Love Cici, the loneup of producers so far is good!

WE ARE HAPPY! WOO LOVE CICI!

13. December 20, 2011 at 8:43 am
    The King says:

I don’t get it…they made hot music together….Ride was a hot song…Speechless was a hot song…stop hating on The Dream!…Basic Instinct was a hot album and sometimes hot albums do not sale.

14. December 20, 2011 at 9:28 am
    Jasmine says:

I think the problem really goes back on the “talent.” Rihann and Beyonce had hits from the Dream because they only used him on a few songs. Ciara used him to produce her entire was a big mistake because you always want to diversify your producers for a wider sound on your album. Also everybody knows working with the Dream is hit or miss.

15. December 20, 2011 at 9:48 am
    DestinyBoston says:

The Best Christmas gift ever!!!!!

16. December 20, 2011 at 10:16 am
    Girrrl says:

Ciara needs singing lessons. I can’t see her dance when I get her album.singers sell cds dancers sell choreography lessons.

17. December 20, 2011 at 10:25 am
    Marvin says:

Uhmm… Basic Instinct was NOT her worst album.

18. December 20, 2011 at 10:46 am
    chris_scott18 says:

Thank god….. hes redundant with her music.. shes working with soundz and hit boy i know for sure

19. December 20, 2011 at 10:52 am
    cocodior3069 says:

Thank The Lawd!!! Dream needs to go and hide under a rock!!!

20. December 20, 2011 at 11:09 am
    KING#15 says:

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS US REAL FANS COULD HAVE GOTTEN ABOUT HER NEW ALBUM

#NODREAM

21. December 20, 2011 at 11:33 am
    mobwife says:

Let me be the 1st or 2nd to say F**K YOU MR. TERIUS NASH” <– WTF kind of name is Terius? Anywho, with this joker no where around perhaps Ciara's project will have a chance to succeed. I long suspected from his various egative ncomments about Ciara that he didn't give a damn about actually working with her. He thinks that he is hot S**T because he has had some success with the likes of Beyonce and Rih-OMG-STOP SINGING! Bump you cheaping, no good dirty, semi-capable songwriter! Hell, and I'm not even a big Ciara fan…LOL! :-)

22. December 20, 2011 at 11:36 am
    mobwife says:

*negative commnets*

@TGJ could you stop with the on-screen POP-UPS! THANK YOU….

23. December 20, 2011 at 11:42 am
    skintightjeans says:

Waaaaay too much lace front for her peanut head.

24. December 20, 2011 at 12:06 pm
    An0thrNight272 says:

I Love The Dream, Im a fan of his

But Im more excited for Ciara’s L.P. !!

I’ve always felt ciara is beyond The Dream’s skills,. He’s amazing and has produced/made some Amazing songs, but I think Ciara can do even better

25. December 20, 2011 at 12:40 pm
    NikkiIsChillin says:

I’m no Ciara fan, but I am happy he is not on her new project. Ciara’s career has been in a rut lately and its a shame too because she started out with so much potential. I wish her the best.

26. December 20, 2011 at 1:03 pm
    Ci'Yonce says:

This is what “The Cream” gets for not providing Ciara the proper material. Now is ass is left stuck in the mud. Well like they say OUT with the OLD and In with the NEW. Ciara is working with FRESH, NEW, INNOVATIVE, producers who actually CARE about her and WANT her to succeed. If the “Cream” would have stop with the EGO and put in work with Ci then maybe Basic Instinct would have recieved praise in the public. But NO he chose to be arrgonant and naive about her career causing us Ciara fans go let his ass know that he was the one who was working with Ciara not the other way around. As I can explain this in a simple way she didn’t have to work with him but she chose to because she thought he was bring his A game. However, that didn’t work unfortunately and Ciara had to fend for herself. I hate when some producers think the artist their woking with owe them something like no it is business and you as a producer must do your part. The artist can’t do but so much, of course the artist must bring their A game but as a TEAM together. His ass knows he is in the hot seat which is why Ci fans disliked how he handled his contributions to the album. But it’s over and done. Now Ciara is working hard on this new album and I know she will come back and BRING IT!!!

27. December 20, 2011 at 1:13 pm
    SOLO says:

Basic Instinct was not a bad album at all. I actually thought it showed alot of growth in this young lady. Lack of promo & tons of delays killed this project before it was off the ground. I would have loved to hear more of Ciara & The Dream’s records.

28. December 20, 2011 at 1:17 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

He is trying the sympathy vote. Yeah no not feeling it.

29. December 20, 2011 at 1:20 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

He is a good producer and him and CIara work well, but not for a whole album, he needs to do one song with her, and make it special not generic. But obvy like he said it can’t happen, never mind.

30. December 20, 2011 at 1:33 pm
    FAME FLOPPED N TEAM BREEZY ARE SCUZZY HOES says:

THREE OF CIARA SONGS HAVE LEAKED OVER THE WEEKEND THAT s*** JUICE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT. NECOLE BITCHIE POSTED TWO OF THEM AND THE OTHER ONE I FOUND ON ANOTHER SITE. ONE IS A GRITTY URBAN CUT WHICH IS THE ONE I FOUND ELSEWHERE. IT’S CALLED ROLL CALL. THAT SONG BANGS!!!! THEN ONE OF THE SONGS THAT NECOLE BITCHIE POSTED REMINDS ME OF HER FIRST ALBUM. THAT ONE IS CALLED BE OUT. IT’S GOOD. I’M NOT A FAN OF THE LAST ONE. WHICH IS CALLED SWIM. IT’S KIND OF LIKE THAT ONE AALIYAH SONG JOURNEY TO THE PAST. GRANDPA SAM IS SLACKING ON POSTING NEWS I SEE.

31. December 20, 2011 at 1:59 pm
    Jay Jay says:

I been a fan since her Goodies days, and I must say Her and the Dream did craft some nice songs (Ride, High Price, Like a surgeon, and I run it) however I actually prefer Ciara working with Polo instead of the dream. I feel Dream and gives his best work to Beyonce and Rih and leave CiCi some of his leftovers. I understand it is a business so I can’t be mad because Beyonce and Rih are bigger selling acts.

Side note – the fact that Mr. Reid has hired her the writing camp with different writers and producers this album should be an album to look for. I love me some CiCi so I hope she does well she does deserve it since she doesn’t give up and constantly deals with hate

32. December 20, 2011 at 4:34 pm
    SNAFU says:

Sam, why do always start senteces with “For, blah blah blah…..” ?

Poor grammar.

____________________________________________
    THIS!! UGH.

OAN, let’s be real: if the material was supbar (which a lot of it was), the artist should be faulted for taking it! You can’t tell me that Ciara and Brandy (who also complained about Darkchild’s material on “Human”) isn’t to blame for bothering with something that’s not good. Don’t release it, have it be panned/flop, and then blame the producer’s material. You obviously liked it enough to release it. Stick by it.

33. December 20, 2011 at 7:15 pm
    Ci'Yonce says:

@SNAFU

h** SIT DOWN! No one is complaining just stating the facts. You don’t know what went on in the studio and you certainly don’t know s***. The reasons are clear and simple, the material was not cohesive at all. POINT BLANK. Now as far for Ciara’s situation she gave us fans want we wanted. She tried and that’s okay. I appreciate Basic Instinct even though it tanked on the charts. There are some songs on the album that are good. It wasn’t a bad album at all, it was because of the lack of promotion and her shitty ass label she had to put up with to get her out of the gutter. Same thing with Brandy vice versa with the Human album. The material was good but it could have been better. Like I said before “Cream” need to stop thinking that artist he works with owes him something. No more “Cream” and it’s the #endofstory

34. December 20, 2011 at 7:38 pm
    smh says:

Stop blaming him, the child can’t sing.

35. December 20, 2011 at 9:26 pm
    Eмa says:

Yeees we are happy,Goo CiCi

36. December 20, 2011 at 9:27 pm
    BigTeam Ciara says:

I like some of the song he did for Ciara,but she needs new one BYEEE MORON

37. December 20, 2011 at 9:29 pm
    Amer says:

YES YES & YES we are happy to hear that,Csquad are for life,go in shade u Motha….of The Dream

38. December 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm
    SenoritaC says:

ohh finally,im really happy to hear that ii love her,she deserve the best i mean BEST!

39. December 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm
    vAiN says:

Cant wait album 5!

40. December 21, 2011 at 1:33 am
    number1k9 says:

@ Wizzard
    @ Anna

YESSS! I loved “Tell Me What Your Name Is” by Ciara, and YES it was Produced by Dr. Luke.

I remembere it was my favorite song from the album when it was released! And “Super Bass” when it began getting popularity, the beat of it reminded me of “Tell Me What Your Name Is.”

WHY WASN’T “TMWYNI” SENT TO POP RADIO, uggggh!

41. December 21, 2011 at 3:42 am
    Joy says:

Yes. Ciara will own the world again. Bout time she branched off into other greatness.

42. December 21, 2011 at 8:05 am
    C squad!!! says:

Hey dream!!!! TAKE A NAP!!!!! ZZZzzzZZzzz CIARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! <3 <3 <3

43. Vote

[…] for release and hours after ex husband ‘The Dream‘ shocked by fans by revealing that he would not  be producing the sixth album of long time […]

44. Vote

[…] is set for release and hours after ex husband ‘The Dream‘ shocked by fans by revealing that he would not Related Posts:The-Dream: “I Won’t Be Producing Ciara’s New Album”Hot Shot: Christina […]

45. Vote

[…] (via TGJ) As Ciara plots her chart return, all eyes are on who the singer has enlisted to craft her comeback effort. One such figure many hope not to see is hit maker The-Dream. Ironic, it would seem, as a ‘hit’ is exactly what the 25 year old’s career is in dire need of. […]

46. January 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    Lisa says:

I ‘m glad that arrogant dream is out!!

47. March 25, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    ciaratranswoman says:

Message to any record company or producer working with Ciara make sure you have enough bass to hide the flatness of her voice and non existence vocal range failing that let her start whispering or ‘speed talking’ do not on any circumstance let go on any live live shows without a dance routine as she would not have a excuse for using a backing track and that will just expose her never ever let her sing without a feature perferably Ludacris, if she is forced to sing acapella make sure the whole key range of the song is dropped, let her adlib and give shout outs and say ‘what’ anything to distract the listener from hearing the lack of high notes. Encourage Ciara to take a sizable amount of female hormones and pay for her removal of scrotum and adams apple this will help her reach a high note. Make her sign an agreement saying she must credit her dance teachers where possible Tina Landon and Jamaica Craft, and she must not go on social media sites and deflame records companies,execs and producers if her albums do not sell ( a workman should never blame his tools) she must not start fights on twitter with more successful artists , she must be proud of being a transwoman and not hide it.