Dawn Richard Inks Major Distribution Deal

shares
DAWN RICHARD SHE IS DIVA Dawn Richard Inks Major Distribution Deal

Dawn Richard is heading to a store near you!

Yes, in what we’d say is an answer to many a prayer this last year, the avant garde artist has inked a major distribution deal for her debut album ‘GoldenHeart‘.

Thus, pushing her presently niche brand to the masses.

Exciting news below…

She explained:

“We have just signed with Altavoz Distribution, which will allow us to have the record GoldenHeart in every store—from Best Buy to Target to the mom and pop stores.

This is exactly what we needed to expand the brand. It’s a movement.”

Believe us when we say this is the best news we’ve heard in a while. For, with material and visuals as phenomenal as hers, both she and her fans are deserving of this deal.

A deal, we hope is backed up an intense ‘Miguel- esque‘ promo campaign to bring in on those numbers and up boost her public profile.

In case you’re unsure as to why we’re so crazy over Dawn, get all the way into the below:

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• Tyler

Tyler (90)

• DEL BEY

DEL BEY (58)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (54)

• Mark111

Mark111 (46)

1. October 13, 2012 at 1:54 pm
    f*** THE NAVI AND THIER CONSTANT SLAYAGE says:

So i guess she will be rolling in money cause basically 90% of it is going straight to her bank account/ huh what i would give to get a deal like that as a singer. congrats dawn.

2. October 13, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    The-Truth says:

Dawn is SLAYING! She hustles so hard as an independent artist. Lots of others could learn from her

3. October 13, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    im not here says:

I’m so happy for her interdependent & beautiful congrats

4. October 13, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    MC says:

Smart woman, Dawn!

5. October 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm
    Rihanna Navy says:

OMG how come i’m now seeing this BOMBS video, it goes hard and the choreography is off the train. oh congrats on your deal Dawn, well desrve for alll your hard work thus far.

6. October 13, 2012 at 2:12 pm
    tits mcgee says:

Good for her! Dawn is so talented! I can’t wait for the album!

Sidenote: would everyone stop with the dayglo lipstick already! It looks like s***. Dawn looks like she got rabies in the head pic and keyshia cole looks like she ate poppa smurf, with that blue lipstick she is stuck on.
    #stopdamadness
    #grolsh

7. October 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm
    MONEY says:

WOW..SHE’S ABOUT TO GET PAID! CONGRATS

8. October 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    monstarebel says:

Congrats girl can’t wait for the album

9. October 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm
    Dave says:

So excited & happy for her. I had tweeted her asking was GoldenHeart gonna be on Amazon or be available to pre-order & about a week order I get the news of this. This is great, plus gives me more time to have money to buy album

• October 13, 2012 at 11:25 pm
      Word To Mother says:

More time to have money? How long does it take you to save up $10? Damn times must be rough for you lmao

• October 14, 2012 at 1:03 am
        BENRON (KING OF THE f** NAVY) AKA NAVY PRESSED says:

SHUT THE f*** UP IT’S ROUGH FOR EVERYBODY YOU f****** s*** HEAD ASS h**

• October 15, 2012 at 6:28 pm
        Word To Mother says:

Who is everybody? Not me n****. Its just tough for you cause you dont know how to hussle you stay on these blogs too much.

10. October 13, 2012 at 3:03 pm
    Lax says:

Love how shes a go getter and shes not about
    to let folk slow her down one little bit.

11. October 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    Peter Griffin says:

Who mad, Aubrey O’ Day!

• October 13, 2012 at 3:31 pm
      DIOB says:

I dont think Aubrey Is mad I think Aubrey wishes her well. You are trying to cause a conflict for nothing.

• October 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm
        Peter Griffin says:

Ahhhhhhh, you caught me! Lighten up.

12. October 13, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    Slayty Perry says:

Smart move! Dawn deserves success

13. October 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    Katie Melua says:

Great for her, INDEPENDENT is the way to go, stop letting these conglomerate labels abuse TALENT and play the public, Mya is also independent with a distribution deal through INGROOVES and her own distribution/music store on her website, I think it allows artist to be themselves and mature appropriately in their craft without having to resort to tactics to force sales.

14. October 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm
    Carl says:

I love that all the comments are supportive. I love Dawn and wish her ALL the best :)

15. October 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm
    BeeBEE says:

I am so happy for Dawn. I have seen her work her ass off this year and I’m proud of her. This is a example of what an Independent artist can do if you believe in yourself and willing to work hard. I am going to buy 2 copies of her CD when is comes out. GOD JOB!!!

16. October 13, 2012 at 5:23 pm
    Kyle says:

I don’t give a s*** about how many copies her album sells, I am just so pumped that I will be able to go to a store and buy a copy of this album!!! Dawn is an amazing artist and I honestly don’t think the world is ready for what’s about to come! LOVE YOU DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. October 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm
    tits mcgee says:

I’m loving the support for Dawn. She is an amazing artist with a great work ethic. My comment earlier was solely about that lipstick! She and keyshia are too cute for that foolery.

@Kyle
    Co-sign! Quality beats quantity of sales.

18. October 13, 2012 at 6:02 pm
    RLS says:

I’ve never paid attention to Dawn but the hotness of that video is undeniable. It’s fierce. Best of luck to her.

19. October 13, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    RG2 says:

Great for you dawn #ProudFan!

20. October 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    Annual Black Friday Release Still No #1 Album says:

That video was nice. Cute song too. Good luck Dawn. Finally someone making it after dealing with Diddy.

21. October 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm
    toohotfortv says:

Grape juice… y’all made a great correlation. That’d be an awesome tour. Miguel and dawn… what a show that’d be. And a great place for this new era of r&b to launch.

22. October 13, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    mr.m says:

FLOP SLAVE!

23. October 13, 2012 at 7:23 pm
    thman says:

She needs a huge radio hit. She is very humble, buut that’s the only way she can move units.

• October 13, 2012 at 9:10 pm
      Casual says:

I agree. Dawn Richard seems like a very nice and determined artist, but this distribution deal seems premature. She needs to focus on getting a major hit first.

There’s also the point that even major stars are now selling most of their units online. Nowadays, it takes an artist with a fan base that includes substantial numbers of listeners ages 40 and up to move significant amounts of physical units.

My guess is that this deal is contingent upon there being actual demand for her CDs at some point. It would be a pretty big financial risk to stock CDs in stores without some indication that they will sell.

• October 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm
        TheUrbanMusicBlog says:

I agree with what your saying but i also realize ,dawn had an DIGITAL EP alone on an independent record that sold 5,000 copies without major promotion or a hit, major artist with high momentum don’t sell that,and now that people will be able to get it physically i’m pretty sure her sales will go up!

24. October 13, 2012 at 8:09 pm
    MACHIAVEL says:

Well Done Dawn, You And Janelle Monae, Deserve Nothing But Shine And Success, Go Girl!!!!!

25. October 13, 2012 at 9:41 pm
    JP says:

Get’em Dawn! I love this woman! Get s*** done.

26. October 14, 2012 at 2:19 am
    MISHKA says:

Good for her but what she definitely needs is a monster hit. She has everything else on lock: vocals, looks, choreography, fierceness.

How com The-Dream has time to write songs for Kim Kardashian but not for this talented sister? SMH

We are rooting for you, Dawn. Keep holding on, Black Amazon!!!

27. Vote

[…] with news of its new release date.  Shortly following the recent news of the singer’s major distribution deal, click below to find out when you can be bumping the ‘Bombs’ beauty new […]

28. October 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm
    cunty252 says:

DAWN’S MATERIAL IS THE WORST I’VE EVER HEARD FROM A FORMER PROFESSIONAL RECORDING ARTIST – NEXT b****!