Sales Predictions Are In: Ashanti, Pharrell, & Rick Ross Set To Sell…

shares
Ashanti-Braveheart-2014-1400x1400

With wallets filling up again following a busy Holiday season, this week brings with it the first “busy” window of the year for Urban releases.

Indeed, the likes of Pharrell Williams, Ashanti, and Hip-Hop titan Rick Ross are all making a beeline for Billboard glory with their respective new albums.

After a two days of sales, how are each faring? Find out after the jump…

According to Hits Daily Double, the Bawse looks set to cause quite the upset.

For, despite Pharrell’s ‘G I R L’ LP being preceded by gargantuan hit ‘Happy’ (and a major promotional campaign), it’s the Maybach Music rapper that will (almost certainly) top next week’s Billboard 200 with new album ‘Mastermind’.

Here’s how the numbers are looking:

Rick Ross (Def Jam/IDJ) 145-160k
Pharrell Williams (Columbia) 85-95k
Lea Michele (Columbia) 50-55k
Eli Young Band (Republic Nashville) 24-27k
American Authors (Mercury/IDJ) 21-24k
David Nail (MCA Nashville) 19-22k
Ashanti (eOne) 18-21k
Drive By Truckers (ATO) 12-15k

*******

Beyond Officer Ricky’s figures, it’s a fairly shocking state of affairs for everyone else.

For surely we weren’t alone in assuming Pharrell would be on course for (at least) a 100k debut? Likewise, Lea Michele. Given the intense press and Glee tie-in, the numbers are all sorts of underwhelming.

As for Ashanti, we actually expected less, hence it’s a relative relief to see her being touted for such a figure – especially given that she’s independent. After all, it’s entirely plausible that she could end up making more cha-ching from her release than the more expensive major label efforts from the acts selling more.

That said, in keeping it 100, her numbers – like the album’s two year campaign – are a mucky mess. Ms. Douglas needs a major label partner. Pronto.

Enough of our rambling, though…

shares

1. March 5, 2014 at 2:56 pm
    ***flawless says:

I’ll just leave this here: Beyoncé 32,000 (1,823,000 total)

2. March 5, 2014 at 3:00 pm
    Mariah Carey Is Better than your fave! says:

Lmaooooo

And how dare you constantly diss Queen Mariah?!!

She will not only outsell all these flops in her 1st week but also Chris Brown & Lil Wayne

Mariah Carey is an ALBUM seller. All 14 of her studio albums are certified GOLD, PLATINUM OR MULTI-Platinum!!

BYE FELICIA

3. March 5, 2014 at 3:02 pm
    Mariah Carey Is Better than your fave! says:

Mariah’s new as yet to be announced album >>200k in 1st week

BOOKMARK me

This album has been anticipated for 3 years.
    It will sell no matter how the singles performed!

4. March 5, 2014 at 3:02 pm
    pat says:

pharrell doesn’t have a built in fan base of consumers, so people are just gonna buy the song…not the album….Ross is actually kinda low…Ashanti..no comment

5. March 5, 2014 at 3:05 pm
    Mariah Carey Is Better than your fave! says:

RIP Music Industry

I can’t at these numbers. This is tragic!

6. March 5, 2014 at 3:06 pm
    Navy Commander says:

Rick Ross selling most when his last album barely scratched gold?

7. March 5, 2014 at 3:06 pm
    Mariah Carey Is Better than your fave! says:

Beyonce is a w****!

XO & Drunk in Love are LOCAL hits and GLOBAL FLOPS

oop

LOCALyonce!

When will she reach Queen Mariah’s GLOBAL presence and success?! Never

8. March 5, 2014 at 3:09 pm
    have seats says:

Mariah is a has been! Let the past go. Beyonce is the motha of all dese b******

9. March 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm
    tits mcgee says:

Wow. These numbers are pitiful. Ashanti get a bit of a pass from me because she is taking the independent route. Still tho…

10. March 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm
    RoyalKev says:

Oh Ashanti! :(
    … Well, I’m glad she’s indie! I hope things look up for her later this year!

11. March 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm
    Number1k9 says:

Ashanti while independent will sell more than Nelly Furtado and Kelis who were on majors. That aside #s do not matter in today’s market because I guarantee you Ashanti, Nelly Furtado, and Kelis’ albums were illegally downloaded by half the people who will diss lower tallies as if they’ve solids half as many LPs theirselves.

If u can create an album that multiple people will buy and enjoy, kudos to you!

12. March 5, 2014 at 3:15 pm
    Kingboss says:

haha. What’s funny is Mariah’s fans are so pressed and embarrassed right now that it’s clear they’ve lost their minds. Beyonce’s latest has so supremely SHI##ED on anything released in the last 5 years and it’s making you guys literally sick. Without #1 singles, she’s STILL heralded as THE BADDEST CHICK in the game. What’s YOUR FAVE doing right now besides licking her wounds?

13. March 5, 2014 at 3:15 pm
    angel says:

She would have still flopped if she wasnt indie. i was rooting for her tho :(

14. March 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm
    Rihyeezy says:

Kii not Ashanti really only selling 20k like I said!!!!! ROFL

15. March 5, 2014 at 3:18 pm
    love4bey says:

The lambs are very insecure. More than likely it’s that crazy little girl stephanie. It’s not Bey’s fault Mariah is done

16. March 5, 2014 at 3:20 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Why do Mariah Carey fans gotta bring her name up in post that’s not even about her?!

Anyways, these number are pathetic just like album sales has been in the past 6 years (besides QUEEN ADELE) so whatever!

Ashanti actually seems to be doing bigger numbers than I expected! No shade but I though she was gonna sell like 500 copies.

Ps. LoveBird, WE OFFICIALLY HAVE BEEF MOTHER FUCKKER!!!

17. March 5, 2014 at 3:20 pm
    Navy Commander says:

I feel like if pharell and his team really promoted this album he would sell a lot. Because people already like his singles so I think a lot of people would buy an album.

18. March 5, 2014 at 3:21 pm
    Ririfan says:

These mariah fans make me laugh beyonce this beyonce that, if they spent this much time watching the video for you’re a flop it might have charts for more than a week. Shame

19. March 5, 2014 at 3:23 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

I’m so ready for Adele to comeback & shake things up in the music industry!

Adele has an instant classic voice & great old school 1960s vibe songs to back it up.

Adele I cant wait for your next project!

20. March 5, 2014 at 3:25 pm

@RIRIFAN!

Shut the f*** up. Nobody want to listen to that horrible song “You’re Mine” so go have MANY MANY seats ho!

21. March 5, 2014 at 3:26 pm
    Theman says:

Ashanti would’ve sold more on a major label, she would’ve had the machine, promo, and a major force backing her up.. This is ok for her. She has to get her music on radio..

22. March 5, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    Ririfan says:

Fatriah doesn’t have a level anymore. She’s gonna see between Ashanti and Lea Michelle numbers with The Art of Flopping. Kesha >>>>>> Fatriah.

23. March 5, 2014 at 3:33 pm
    TheTruth says:

LOOOL not ashanti doing ciara numbers. #lawrd

24. March 5, 2014 at 3:33 pm
    Rosie says:

Death at Ashanti.

Lana will block Mooriah if Ultraviolence is released that week.

25. March 5, 2014 at 3:34 pm

@RIRI-FAN

The f*** are you talking about ho!

Mariah Carey already sold 250,000,000+ records & worth over 500,000,000+ dollars..

Stop comparing her to little forgettable demonic/devil worshipers like Kesha

26. March 5, 2014 at 3:34 pm
    Rosie says:

Kii not 200K. This is funnier then when the Fadga stans said he was doing 400K first week.

27. March 5, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Rose, hey white gurl!

28. March 5, 2014 at 3:36 pm
    TheTruth says:

Pharrell shouldn’t have higher predictions! Let’s tell the truth whilst happy is a nice cheery song it’s nothing special and should have been released in the summer. Pharrells sales predictions are what I expected

29. March 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Royalkev
    What do you mean when you say ‘she’s indie’?

30. March 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm
    saywhaaat says:

Ashanti’s album is a solid album in my opinion. the comments & feedback on the album i see on twitter are nothing but positive. i’m just happy she released the album i love all the songs. go out & support independent artists! Ashanti is first time CEO show that love for her go cop Braveheart! if yall loved her first album, Braveheart is like a reloaded version of it in my opinion. no need for all the negative comments.

31. March 5, 2014 at 3:40 pm
    Rosie says:

Hi Stephy.

32. March 5, 2014 at 3:41 pm
    Rosie says:

Anyways, IDK why people were expecting Pharrell to be #1. Rick’s last 4-5 albums opened at #1 and G I R L had little promo (Oscars don’t count since there was no mention of it during or after his performance). He’s probably more than happy anyways. Happy is #1, has 218 AI on radio, and will likely sell 600K+ this week.

33. March 5, 2014 at 3:41 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Suicide Blondie, where did your friend POP ROYALTY go?

34. March 5, 2014 at 3:42 pm
    ONIKA says:

All of rick ross albums are gold. No one wants an entire Pharrell album sorry. Lea who? Ashanti did better than I expected but still Poordat…

35. March 5, 2014 at 3:43 pm
    ONIKA says:

Ririfan is not a real Rihanna fan!!!!

36. March 5, 2014 at 3:45 pm
    ATL says:

Take a breath and think about “you’re mine” honey…

37. March 5, 2014 at 3:45 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Stephy
    I don’t know, living his life, i guess!

38. March 5, 2014 at 3:45 pm
    Antonio says:

I thought Ciara’s Basic Instinct numbers were low, but independent kr jot, these numbers for Ashanti are embarrassing. Ciara was not promoted with Basic Instinct, Fantasy Ride had numerous delays and multiple leaks and CIARA only appealed to an Urban demographic. Ashanti, believe it or not, is a far more established artist than Ciara so I was actually expecting her to do at least 50-60k the 1st wk and 200k overall. Ashanti released lackluster singles that weren’t attention grabbing and had NO promo. 106 & Park and a few performances are NOT promo. You have to first build up hype thru social media, then do radio, magazines, TV appearances, endorsements, etc… Ciara, Ashanti, Brandy, Kelly Rowland all need new managers and A&R teams who’ll market their music and image past BET and Fuse and into mainstream markets. Ciara had huge crossover hits like Livin’ It Up, Overdose, Super Turnt Up, Read My Lips, Backseat Love, One Night With You and Where You Go. Brandy had Without You, Let Me Go, Scared of Beautiful, No Such Thing and Wish Your Love Away and Kelly had I Remember, Red Wine, This is Love, Love Me Til I Die and Gone, but they all dropped the ball too soon and gave up. I’m not a Beyoncé fan in anyway, I wish she just go away tbh, but Beyoncé will always remain the too Black chick in the industry with no serious competition except from Rihanna and Alicia Keys unless these other Black females make themselves noticed and start branching out with more mainstream producers and bigger endorsements

39. March 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm
    ONIKA says:

@antonio Stop making excuses for Ciara! She had multi million dollar promo for “CIARA” and still sold 57K.

40. March 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm
    Theman says:

MC is a staple has been ain’t nowhere near her status.. U don’t earn this type of career & major success being a has been. Sit with that..

41. March 5, 2014 at 3:50 pm
    Shawn says:

What’s with all the negativity ppl what do you do with your life especially if you didn’t buy it how could u comment she did great for independent. And you have to take independent into consideration she probably does not have even 100,000 albums shipped to stores it’s not easy independent an she has a great album people on this site need to grow the f*** up seriously this girl is a legend period

42. March 5, 2014 at 3:52 pm

@Blondie….

“I don’t know, living his life, I guess!”

I KNOW SHADE WHEN I SEES IT!

f*** You!

43. March 5, 2014 at 3:53 pm
    CzarM says:

I won’t say that I’m impressed, but I was expecting less for Ashanti.

44. March 5, 2014 at 3:54 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Ashanti, deserves respect! I will purchase her album on Itunes cause she been threw alot.

I also, love R&B music so imma go sample the album right now!

45. March 5, 2014 at 3:55 pm
    Antonio says:

@ONIKA, clearly you can’t read because I didn’t make an excuse for Ciara and she did NOT have a multi million dollar promo campaign. Her promo was cramped into the 2 wks before her album was released. Multi million dollar promo looks like the covers of Elle, Cosmo, Glamour, Vogue, W, GQ, Harpar’s Bazaar and Rolling Stone, appearances on SNL, Ellen, Letterman, The View, Graham Norton and Piers Morgan, performing at the BMAs and VMAs and above all else a major radio deal, which Ciara did NOT have. All she did was 106, GMA, Kelly & Michael, Fallon and Kimmel and did a few mid level magazines like Fader and Annex. Body Party was not a major hit, #22 on the Hot 100 and 550k in downloads and 650k in official streams is not huge. Nicki had a major multi million promo campaign for PFRR, had a huge global lead single that went multiplatinum and has 3 times as many Twitter and IG followers as Ciara but still hasn’t crossed the 850k mark after 2 yrs so what’s her excuse when she’s the most popular artists in the world…

46. March 5, 2014 at 3:55 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Stephy
    How could i ever do that to you, i love you kid!

47. March 5, 2014 at 3:56 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Ummm Ashanti is NOT a legend… WTF!

48. March 5, 2014 at 3:56 pm
    Mark111 says:

You guys Don’t know what you’re talking about. 18k to 20k are fine for independent artists. The flop is the one with the #1 song in the country and can’t even sell over 100k. Good for Ashanti, all buy herself.

49. March 5, 2014 at 3:58 pm
    Navy Commander says:

I guess pharell’s a a flop then…

50. March 5, 2014 at 3:59 pm
    Antonio says:

I these f*** get an education and learn how to read and stop sucking d*** from Jack’d n*****. If y’all read my comment you’ll see I was actually pointing out the reasons why all these artists are not selling and ways that’ll help them sell. I swear, f*** will just never get it.

51. March 5, 2014 at 4:00 pm
    YONCE AKA BEYONSLAY says:

LMAO WHO SAID ASHANTI IS A LEGEND? SHE IS NOTHING BUT A CUTE SINGER FROM THE EARLY 2000’S THATS IT. SHE MADE NO MARK, LEFT NO IMPACT AND MOSTLY EVERYONE HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT HER. KEYSHIA IS MORE OF A LEGEND THAN SHE IS AND FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT, HER NEW ALBUM IS GONNA SLAY!!!!

52. March 5, 2014 at 4:02 pm
    RoyalKev says:

@Suicide

Ashanti’s an Indie Rock artist (see: Only U) …

I’m kidding, I meant that she’s an independent artist and not on a major recording label.

53. March 5, 2014 at 4:03 pm
    Casual says:

The article says:

“After all, it’s entirely plausible that she could end up making more cha-ching from her release than the more expensive major label efforts from the acts selling more.”

On the real, this is a excellent number for Ashanti. She chose the indie route, and selling 20k in a week means, after retailer fees, a GROSS profit northwards of $150k and a likely net of more than $100k. Had she sold triple that on a major label release, she’d OWE the label.

Having said that, with a stronger lead single, she might have made a splashier debut and be attracting more attention overall. I’m thinking she should have led with First True Love or 3 Words.

54. March 5, 2014 at 4:03 pm
    YONCE AKA BEYONSLAY says:

PHARRELL WRITES & PRODUCES HIS OWN STUFF SO HE ISN’T A FLOP. HIS ALBUM WILL PROBABLY SELL MORE IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS LIKE BRUNO MARS DID. HE RELEASED THE ALBUM SOS OON THINKING PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT BUT IT DIDNT WORK.

55. March 5, 2014 at 4:04 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

@Blondie, you think your so funny dontcha…

Talking about “I Love You Kid”.. (Throws Up)

Suicide, soy un esclavo de los hombres blancos como usted. Si yo te conocí en persona, usted podría obligarme a hacer lo que quieras.

56. March 5, 2014 at 4:05 pm
    Rosie says:

MESS @ Antonio’s excuses. Cierror had tons of promo for the type of celebrity she is and not only was Body Party his biggest hit in years, it was #1 on Urban radio for multiple weeks, got multi-format airplay, and was performed on a major awards show in front of 9 million viewers. Stop.

57. March 5, 2014 at 4:06 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Royalkev
    I was worry, lol.

58. March 5, 2014 at 4:07 pm
    YONCE AKA BEYONSLAY says:

YALL ARE IGNORING HER BUT JHENE IS CURRENTLY SLAYING SOME OF YOUR FAVES WITH AN EP! WE NEED MORE JHENE POSTS IJS….

59. March 5, 2014 at 4:09 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Stephy
    Suena bien eso!

60. March 5, 2014 at 4:10 pm
    Navy Nick says:

I like Ashanti, she def deserves respect, but i previewed this album, and it is just ok, I will try it again tonite, nothing stuck out for me tho :( I do wanna buy it, BUT I already have never should have (that’s my favorite)

61. March 5, 2014 at 4:12 pm
    Antonio says:

@Rosie… Another idiot I have to drag. If you had read my comment as well then you’ll see that I was saying even with the promo Ciara had and the success of Body Party, it still wasn’t enough to get ppl interest which is why Ciara’s album flopped. Just because an artist performs a song at an awards show doesn’t mean s***, look at Take Back the Night by JT, Fine China by CB and #beautiful by Mariah, they got performed for millions and were hot for a few wks and then came and went. Ashanti, just like Ciara, needs a revamp, they don’t push their music past BET’s demographic which is why their flopping like Katy who had one of the biggest promo campaigns in yrs by a female and just went platinum after 5 months on the charts, who’s album has sold 60% of it’s copies in the US

62. March 5, 2014 at 4:14 pm
    RoyalKev says:

@ Suicide
    Yea, I know! Lol. I’m sure you were thinking he can’t seriously be claiming Ashanti as an Indie artist!

63. March 5, 2014 at 4:15 pm
    Navy Commander says:

YASS Jhene’s album slays so hard. Much better than brave heart & “Beyonce” tbh.

64. March 5, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Blondie, love you…

65. March 5, 2014 at 4:17 pm
    Ellie_Lights_93 says:

Wasn’t Rihanna supposed to come out in March? lol
    She pushed her album back to black Friday week as usual because if she hadn’t and tried to come out now, she’d be seeing those Ashanti #’s too!

66. March 5, 2014 at 4:21 pm
    LOL says:

LMAO the excuses for Ciara flopping is real. She had more promo than any recent release. She has a hit single. Performed at the BET awards. Promoted her singles on several morning talk shows. What more exposure does a person need to sell an album? She just doesn’t have the it factor one needs to maintain a pop audience. She may have a cute song here or there but that’s not enough.

67. March 5, 2014 at 4:22 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Royalkev
    I was already going nuts, lol.

@Stephy
    I love you 2 kid!

68. March 5, 2014 at 4:24 pm
    YONCE AKA BEYONSLAY says:

BETTER THAN “BEYONCE” KIIIIIIIIII NEVER THAT SWEETS! IT’S A GOOD EP AND ALL BUT LETS NOT BE DELUSIONAL! IT MAY BE BETTER THAN BRAVEHEART AND UNAPOLOGETIC, BUT NEVER BEYONCE ;)

69. March 5, 2014 at 4:26 pm
    Navy Commander says:

Well I listened to both Beyonce and sail out and I liked sail out better . But I gues it’s just my music taste… Only songs I downloaded off of Beyonce were drunk in love and flawless

70. March 5, 2014 at 4:27 pm
    The Boy Toy says:

Rihanna was supposed to release in March? Girl BAI! Where do you haters get this s*** from? Rihanna has been working on #R8 since last spring and her conceptual album for “Home” is coming in November along with the film! #R8 has NO RELEASE DATE! You haters will say anything to discredit the queen. Try again h**.

71. March 5, 2014 at 4:29 pm
    The Boy Toy says:

DEATH! Ashanti is no ones legend!

72. March 5, 2014 at 4:33 pm
    Iamfierce says:

Rihanna is nobody’s queen. princess maybe. she terrified to release. walkin around lookin like cruella deville in paris

73. March 5, 2014 at 4:34 pm
    Navy Commander says:

Beyonce and rihanna are the current queens of pop/r&b/urban. U could say bey is king tho(she called her self tht)

74. March 5, 2014 at 4:38 pm
    CzarM says:

It was just a couple months ago that Rihanna’s own fans were claiming she was coming back in the spring. Don’t try to play dumb now.

Anyways I knew that s*** wasn’t happening. Def Jam wouldn’t dare release a Rihanna album outside of November. They know that’s the only month where they *might* stand to break even with her. Her black friday week sales are usually embarrassing/lackluster, any other month would be disastrous — and make it painfully obvious that she can’t sell albums.

75. March 5, 2014 at 4:39 pm
    The Boy Toy says:

Terrified to release? Really? :lol:
    QUEENhanna is slaying Paris Fashion Week boo. I mean, most of the collections ARE inspired by her. #theririripple #annawintourswords #bloop

76. March 5, 2014 at 4:41 pm
    The Boy Toy says:

@czarm is that why Ryan Seacrest HIMSELF announced back in 2012 that Rihanna would NOT be releasing an album in 2013? Who is more credible; fans, blogs or people who are ACTUALLY in the know?

77. March 5, 2014 at 4:41 pm
    Navy Commander says:

YASS #theRiRiEffect

78. March 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm
    The Boy Toy says:

When it comes to Rihanna–who cares about first week sales? T-Pain debuted at #1 ahead of GGGB back in 2007. He went on to sell 900k, while she went on to sell 9 million! :lol: Anyone who consistently goes platinum ANNUALLY is winning. ;)

79. March 5, 2014 at 4:49 pm
    KEYSHIGGY says:

Keyshia is coming to snatch f****** wigs her callab with Iggy sounds epic. Check Irv gottis ig page for snippet

80. March 5, 2014 at 4:49 pm
    Navy Commander says:

^ yes longevity is more important than a album that sells for a week then flops

81. March 5, 2014 at 4:53 pm
    Tess says:

What? Those records sales are awful compared to other artists; Beyonce did 800K first week, Taylor Swift and Timperlake did 900K in their first week. Those record sales are weak. Ashanti, 18 -21K, that is awful and a big flop.

82. March 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm
    Rosie says:

More excuses from Antonio. Body Party DID have people interested, if it didn’t it wouldn’t have went #1 on the Urban charts or wouldn’t have even went gold. Cierror DID have promo, Epic promoted her on many shows outside of BET. It’s not her fault the public said no, she tried her hardest.
    And death at you using Katy as a front. Prism has been in the top 10 since it’s release except for one week, it’s a constant seller. And it’s at 2.4 million worldwide, less than 50% of it’s sales come from the US. Stop lying.

83. March 5, 2014 at 4:59 pm
    Tess says:

Took the words right out of my thoughts. I was thinking the same thing, she and a ton of other singers need to take a couple of seats.

84. March 5, 2014 at 5:05 pm
    janet1814 says:

@onika THANK YOU. I love the girl but no one is checking for her music!

85. March 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Ok, so I just got finished listening to Ashanti’s entire album (that I purchased).

I give it an A for effort but overall a 4/10.

1.) Vocals are nothing special

2.) Has no top 20 or 40 material

3.) Mostly talking about her relationship with Nelly

4.) Her writing game is pretty stale. But maybe thats why she aint get no hits tho…

5.) All the songs are forgettable! Nothing really sticks.

6.) Im kinda over it already but I will continue to FORCE myself to listen since I did spend money on this album!

Anyways, Ashanti you was good from 2002 – 2005 but now that Beyonce snatched everyones wigs from that era you have failed to even try a decent comeback!

Also, Ashanti is no-bodys legend!

She is am official classic case of an Has-Been..

Has-Beens are…

1.) Ashanti
    2.) MC Hammer
    3.) Vanilla Ice
    4.) Sisqo
    5.) Backstreet Boys
    6.) New Kids On The Block
    7.) Mario
    8.) Chris Brown (In 10 years)
    9.) Bobby Brown
    10.) Britney Spears…

Legends are…

1.) Michael Jackson (Sold 400,000,000+)
    2.) Mariah Carey (Sold 250,000,000+)
    3.) Madonna (Sold 300,000,000+)
    4.) Whitney Houston (Sold 200,000,000+)
    5.) Celine Dion (Sold 220,000,000+)
    6.) Aretha Franklin (Singing Since 1950s)
    7.) Patti Labelle (Singing Since 1960s)

Those are the differnces between LEGENDS & HAS-BEENS

86. March 5, 2014 at 5:34 pm
    Skyfall says:

Tess

Where did you get these numbers? Beyonce did 617+k first week, JT did 900k+ While Taylor did 1million+

87. March 5, 2014 at 5:35 pm
    Skyfall says:

I predict Mariah to do rick rosses #s first week

88. March 5, 2014 at 5:46 pm
    Lovebird says:

LMAO, look at all these FLOPS.

I cannot wait for Manriah’s FLOP figures. She cannot payola her way out of the inevitable flop that’ll be the art of letting go of my vocals.

I predict 60K
    Ciara 57K

89. March 5, 2014 at 5:48 pm
    coolness says:

@STEPHY THA LAMBILY lmfao! You are right about the album though. Nothing really sticks but maybe it’s a grower but like you said, she should be given props for doing her thing :) OMG and your list oh has-beens is so mean lol. I mean BSB sold a lotta records so they could be like Pop icons I dunno. Mario, *sigh* I love him but I don’t think he’ll ever bounce back. Shame cos’ he mad talented (and fine). In 10 years CB will be 34 and that’s around the time the industry starts closing the doors on you. Usher’s (my main fav) 35 shouldn’t you label him as a has-been at this point lol! Britney is Pop Icon/mini-legend to me though. Oh and I love how you went off yesterday and you stan for Mimi, let’s be friends!

90. March 5, 2014 at 5:48 pm
    Lovebird says:

Well congrats to Ciara, she has FINALLY outsold somebody.

Pharrel Flop, Fat ass Rick Ross, Flop. Ashanti, Flop.

I cannot wait for MANriah week.

My predictions

Lil Wayne 200K
    Lana Del Rey 80K
    Chris Brown 65K
    MANriah 60K
    Ciara 57K

91. March 5, 2014 at 5:52 pm
    Lovebird says:

Stephy, no one cares about those dinosaurs, it’s 2014 not the age of moss code and cassettes.

92. March 5, 2014 at 5:53 pm
    Lovebird says:

It is easy to sell over 100 million albums when a cassette was going for half price of a regular CD.

93. March 5, 2014 at 6:04 pm
    Skyfall says:

You do realize that money is worth more now, so if they were “half the price of a regular CD” then today they would equal the same price of a regular CD.

94. March 5, 2014 at 6:06 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

Ashanti is on and independent label, so keep in mind that all the money she made off of each album goes directly to her (well most of it anyways). Braveheart was a solid urban release. Not her best work but not her worse. To be honest I wasn’t really impressed. She needs a major label not for the sales but for the resources to help her improve the product she is delivering.

Side note: Did I read Keyshia Cole has a song coming out with Iggy Azalea? I need to check that out. Iggy is finally getting some big collabos

95. March 5, 2014 at 6:14 pm
    Rosie says:

I think Iggy is finally getting that big break.
    Fancy is #39 on iTunes. The video did WONDERS.

96. March 5, 2014 at 6:27 pm
    Lovebird says:

Girl save it with the excuses, then what were the prices of regular CDs then? Double what they are today?

Casettes were CHEAP which is why Madonnasaur can brag about 200 million records.

97. March 5, 2014 at 6:36 pm
    molly says:

Well shes doing better then i expected lol

98. March 5, 2014 at 6:47 pm
    My Gums Tho(aka Teacher) says:

Proud of you Ashanti!! Keep up the hard work!

Beyoncé’s a s***!
    Blu (camel) Ivy ugly!

99. March 5, 2014 at 6:49 pm
    Kingboss says:

Yeah, it’s your UNBIASED musical taste. Hush. A member of the Navy actually trying to act as if they judged Bey and some other chick objectively ? Beyonce’s album has gotten NOTHING but praise from reputable sources, her peers and the general population. But you found this non-named chick’s music better? I guess it’s possible. But C’mon!

100. March 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm
    MC!!! says:

mariah can buy beyonce and still have MILLIONS LEFT!!! shut up hive!! anyway the music industry been dead for years!

101. March 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm
    Krista says:

Hmm not for much longer^^

102. March 5, 2014 at 6:55 pm
    Krista says:

Wow Pharrell, thats a flop. Disappointed.Hes had so much exposure from Blurred Lines, Get Lucky, Happy and can’t even do 100k.

103. March 5, 2014 at 6:59 pm
    molly says:

I bought two songs Ashanti i tried :)

104. March 5, 2014 at 7:05 pm
    Kingboss says:

boy hush, we in here talking about music and you over there making up imaginary stats about fashion!?! Rihanna hasn’t inspired “MOST” of anything. That’s rubbish. And don’t blaspheme the true queen. You’re probably the first and only person to try to pull that “queen” sh*t with Rihanna. Settle down with that. She’s cute at best. Talented very little. Don’t make a fool of yourself.

105. March 5, 2014 at 7:11 pm
    Kingboss says:

Actually Mariah doesn’t have enough to buy what Beyonce is actually worth. Look at how pathetic the lambs have gotten. You’re fat leader has had a recent, embarrassing history of flopping fantastically. And in the wake of that, y’all go IN about what the chick did pre-1999. And when that fails and gets tossed out, y’all actually wanna make a claim about MONEY?!?!?! HAHAHA. Please. Stop.

106. March 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm
    FAF says:

Well at least she dropped the album.. it got pushed back 4x… I’m not reading hate banterbc I’m observing lent and u homos are not about to get me out of my religion

107. March 5, 2014 at 7:27 pm
    Skyfall says:

LoveBird

f*** you ho, lol but the true greats (MJ,Whitney,Mariah) sold because of their talent payola just helped

108. March 5, 2014 at 7:51 pm
    JER says:

Screaming at 18k

109. March 5, 2014 at 9:12 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

@Molly Shady b*tch ;)

You know, Ashanti’s still gonna get her coins regardless cause as an indie artist and label owner, 18K still means a pretty decent check. I must admit, 18K is a bit of a kii though..

110. March 5, 2014 at 9:16 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

And I feel the problem with Pharrell, which was previously stated is that he doesn’t have a defined target market. H just kind of makes music with no aim in terms of who really to go after. Not a bad thing for true musicals but commercially, that’s difficult..

111. March 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm
    IStanForYourFav says:

@Lovebird If those people are so old, untalented, and etc. why are you so pressed? You didn’t even comment on the last Rihanna post but yet you here trying to compare legends out of their prime to current artists? While I like Rihanna and think she’s a cute girl, she is NO different from the others. Every artist post 1959 is under a machine. Madonna, Mariah, and more used payola (true), but they also used their talent to push their way up to the 250+ million club. The only reason Rihanna can be mentioned is because her albums are 4.99 on Amazon and her cheap singles. I should know… That’s the only time I buy her. Either way it go stay pressed.

Anyway, I don’t know what album you all are listening to. I like Ashanti’s Braveheart record. I’m routing for her. If she crosses the 200,000 mark though by this time around next year, she just made every R&B female artist excluding B & Rihanna look dumb af. An indie artist should NOT be passing a major label artist.

112. March 5, 2014 at 9:28 pm
    IStanForYourFav says:

@Lovebird You will forever be mad as long as videos like this exist: (:33) (:40)

113. March 5, 2014 at 9:36 pm
    d says:

People are laughing at Ashanti’s 18-21k yet with those same numbers she just POCKETED over $100,000….that’s one week and not even including sales from singles and such. Most major label artists wouldn’t even see that kind of money even if they opened with 200k………

114. March 5, 2014 at 9:55 pm
    Jake says:

” Mariah can buy Beyoncé and still have millions left ” Just checked and Beyoncé 450$Millions and Mariah 500millions I guess Mrs Carter will be richer in June when Forbes calculate everthang she racked !

115. March 5, 2014 at 10:02 pm
    Peachsoda22 says:

The only way to know that Ashanti even has an album out is through the internet. I have not seen her on one TV show. So I think those numbers are hella impressive. Ashanti is making that money, in three weeks if she sells the same amount she would have sold avg of every other female R&B artist and will probably make three times the money.

116. March 5, 2014 at 10:10 pm
    Theman says:

Mariah is filthy wealthy, off of basically her music alone.. A lot of what y’all think is Bey’s money really isn’t.. A lot of that is her gross, not net worth.. MC had the biggest song of Beys era, and all of the other chicks are included.. Beyonce hasn’t surpassed “TEOM” in the US.. None of her songs were bigger than nor had the impact of “WBT”.. MC has longevity & classic music.. SHE’S JUST GREATER THAN THE REST, DEAL WITH IT !!

117. March 5, 2014 at 10:26 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

WOW Pharrell is the true disappointment!

He had MAJOR Grammy and Oscar press, and even made headlines!!!!

These numbers for him and his crossover appeal WITH a #1 song right now is just horrible!

Honestly I hated his album cover, thats why I didnt buy it. and the song HAPPY is cute, would be cuter in the warmer seasons. The only reason its a #1 song is because its featured on a VERY SUCCESSFUL Disney movie soundtrack for Despicable Me 2.

118. March 5, 2014 at 10:37 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

@FutureCiara I’ve been looking for you to tell you how much I love American Horror Story!

119. March 5, 2014 at 11:16 pm
    Navy Commander says:

I didn’t say I didn’t like any of the songs from Beyonce . I just didn’t like most . I dowloaded DIL and flawless . Those were the only songs that stuck.

120. March 5, 2014 at 11:23 pm
    h2o says:

Pharrell will have longevity with hits.

121. March 6, 2014 at 12:19 am
    FutureCIARA says:

@EnoughOnika

Its EVERYTHING RIGHT!!!!!

I told you to thank me later, I knew you would like…

I so cant wait for next season, But I honestly didnt want this Coven season to end….

#AHS

122. March 6, 2014 at 1:53 am
    Dane says:

Keep laughing at Ashanti but she just made a quick 2.1 million dollars if she sold 21k by $10.00

123. March 6, 2014 at 2:02 am
    Kai2dashawn says:

I believe u mean 210k off her first week sales along but the week is early so she may sale more than that .

124. March 6, 2014 at 3:03 am

LoveBird, is pathetic!

Yes, we all know Mariah Carey voice changed after 1996 but does that mean we should act like she didn’t sell another 90+ million records since 1997! Even with her lipping & cracking vocals people still was interested in Rainbow (which sold 8+ million CERTIFIED albums), Charmbracelet (which sold 4+ million CERTIFIED albums), Emancipation (which sold 12+ million CERTIFIED albums) & many more complications & albums since 1997! People still liked & supported Mimi even tho her voice was not the same.

Almost like when people support Rihanna’s GOAT vocals! She cant sing for s*** but people still support her whack ass vocals. So all your arguments are pointless since you stan for a SMOKE N MIRRORS pop corn artist!

BYE HATE BIRD!

125. March 6, 2014 at 3:28 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Well I´m tired of these predictions that sometimes ruin the commercial life of an album making them look bad. But if these numbers were accurate I have to say one thing: except for 5 albums or so every year nobody sells a damn thing anymore. Doesn´t P. Williams have the biggest song in the USA at the moment? And this is all his album can sell? Robin T. case was worse last year, he barely sold more than that and he had the monster hit of the year. Of course there are artists who can´t sell albums despite being supported enough to have a hit single, but still, sales are pathetic for everybody. I don´t see many people crossing the 100,000 mark ever again at this rate. Sad. Sad because the talented artists are selling as poorly as the wack ones.

126. March 6, 2014 at 5:29 am
    gio88 says:

the prioblem is , everyone was interested in happy as single but no one was interested in pharrell as artist …it’s normal , sam thing for lea michele….i don’t even count ashanti nobody count her anymore

127. March 6, 2014 at 5:49 am
    CIARA HARRIS=THE NEXT SOCIALITE says:

….WELL ASHANTIS NUMBERS ARENT BAD CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS…

MEANWHILE…IM JUST WAITING FOR RIRI TO DROP THAT NEXT ALBUM SO WE CAN ALL HAVE GOOD MUSIC CUZ THIS STUFF OUT RIGHT NOW IS LATEEEE!!!

128. March 6, 2014 at 6:26 am
    Lolz says:

@The Man you lambs have really resorted to debating about wealth now. Mariah been in the game much longer than Bey of course she will be richer. but she was NOT earing what Bey is currently earning at her age.

129. March 6, 2014 at 7:22 am
    Navy Commander says:

21,000 x $10.00 = $210,000 not 2.1 million.

130. March 6, 2014 at 7:48 am
    Sarah says:

What y’all fail to realize is that Ashanti is the boss..so majority of her sales are pocketed directly.. no shade but she probably pocketed money than Ciara k Michelle brandy or Kelly did with their last albums due to less payouts..congrats Ashanti

131. March 6, 2014 at 9:37 am
    xxx says:

Lea missed the boat. She should have made an album during the 1st or 2nd season of Glee when it was still hot.

132. March 6, 2014 at 10:07 am
    fab it says:

xo may have floped in the us but it did relativly great ww but b**** if u call DIL local you just a hater ………

133. March 6, 2014 at 11:31 am
    the real xoxo says:

not surprised at Ashanti. 18-21k with no hit and no machine behind her.
    The real KII is Pharrell’s pitiful numbers. This is arguably the most relevant man in pop music right now.

134. March 6, 2014 at 1:53 pm
    Girlgoodbye says:

So.. whats the purpose of including beyonce in every post in regards to other female artist. Until bey leaves her label and go independent and still sell as much as a major than I’ll be a big fan of hers in the words of Miss Hattie. until then Sit yo arse down

135. March 6, 2014 at 3:21 pm
    Settoz says:

Can we not stop critising the artist and start supporting the artist I mean its owk to critisize them bad choice of single selections and other staff not personally and calling them names and staff these artist works really hard to make good music we are the judge of their music not to drag them down Peace be still

136. March 7, 2014 at 12:24 am
    STOPTHEHATE says:

You guys are talking crap about Ashanti’s 21,000. What about Pharrell with all his promo and hit songs only 90,000. The fact is who cares about numbers. Let’s support music! Kudos to Ashanti 21,000 and no hit single or major promo. That’s awesome for an indie artist just not for Ashanti cuz she’s Ashanti. Go get Braveheart and listen to it as many times as you listened to BEYONCÉ. You’ll end up loving it. The album is dope and it’s her most creative album. Reminds me of a mix of the 1st and 2nd. I’m sure half of y’all downloaded it illegally and y’all wanna be here criticizing sales. Well it’s cuz of you people who do that s***. SMH

137. March 8, 2014 at 1:18 am
    Tineshia says:

Right

138. March 8, 2014 at 1:24 am
    Tineshia says:

Beyoncé is illuminati that’s why she would of been a flop also if it wasn’t for jay and ashanti wanted something different for herself people need to give her a chance beyonce album essentially all that and for ashanti to write all and produce all her songs is dam good even jennifer Lopez song is good beyonce don’t more props to ashanti don’t get me wrong I like bey but she ain’t all that I just hope ashanti do great in the end.

139. March 8, 2014 at 1:07 pm
    BOW DOWN B-TCHZ!! says:

LOLz Beyonce’s albm “Beyoce” sold 617+ copies (domestically) in just 3 days.

140. March 8, 2014 at 1:15 pm
    BOW DOWN B-TCHZ!! says:

LOLz Beyonce’s album “Beyonce”sold 617k copies (domestically) in just three days. She sold over 800k copies in a week.

141. March 8, 2014 at 8:26 pm
    #Jump says:

RIP to the Music Industry. These numbers are pathetic!! OMG. Nobody’s buying albums anymore like in the 90’s and early 2000’s. I blame it on the internet where people can now buy records illegally..
    So I really respect Beyonce, Katy perry and any other artist who can score 300k+ copies first week nowadays. That’s very rare!

Wow. Im kinda speechless here.

142. Vote

[…] are particularly interesting in that they aren’t at all far off from the project’s first week projections in the US, where it’s set to debut with sales of […]

143. Vote

[…] all eyes have been fixed on how each project fared – especially following questionable sales predictions. Now, with the final numbers in, how did Ashanti’s ‘Braveheart’, […]