Chart Check [Hot 100]: Only 4 Female Entries In This Week’s Entire Top 40

Published: Thursday 8th Jun 2017 by Rashad

It’s no secret and nothing new; the Hot 100 has been a “man’s world” for some time.  Barring dominating entries from the likes of Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele, and Katy Perry, the Hot 100’s leaders of the 2010s have been generally male.

Yet, despite equally qualitative offerings (however you want to qualify use of that term in today’s musical climate) from a number of former female chart-toppers, the troubling trend shows no sign of slowing as this week’s refreshed chart has a dearth of estrogen to say the least.

In fact, out of the entire top 40 entries, only 4 of them include females as lead acts (only 2 on the top 20).

Is this a sign of the times or just a reminder of the way things have always been?  Tuck in below and tell us:


Hot 100 This Week

Your thoughts?

Comments 7

Please Post Your Comments & Reviews

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. Junior in Jamaica June 8, 2017

    Malibu isn’t sailing at all…

  2. Sam June 9, 2017

    Since we don’t seem to be getting the U.K chart i’m happy for James Arthur and Calvin Harris although i’m not a fan of either song

  3. Frank June 9, 2017

    Where Remy at?

    • Navy Gravy June 9, 2017

      PLEASE don’t tell me that you think that being at number 30 something as a feature is ANYTHING brag about

      • ThatGuy June 9, 2017

        Oh, but if it were your fav you’d be bragging ?regardless of the placement, at least she’s there.. ?

  4. Linear June 9, 2017

    I don’t know 70% of the people in the top 10, and the other 30% I don’t like. Music is dead.

  5. @ASAPicon June 9, 2017

    Well deservedly, These pop girls are trash!Women have been slacking and its no SHADE

Recommended Posts
.. **