To Our Readers

TLC On New Project: “We’re In Talks With L.A Reid”

TLC On New Project: Were In Talks With L.A Reid

TLC are coming back!

Well- at least if a recent interview with our friends over at Essence is anything to go by.

Sitting down with the mag to discuss the tenth anniversary of Left Eye‘s passing, the ladies spoke openly on their future plans, and why a new TLC LP is looking more likelier than ever.

Details below…

In the interview, T Boz said of their upcoming bio-pic:

It’s going to have to be new kids; I can’t think of anybody that can play us. It’s not just about looking like me or dressing like me, you have to have the attitude, the dance moves. The writer of the biopic, Kate Lanier, is amazing. She did the movies Set It Off and What’s Love Got to Do With It. Hopefully the movie will be out before the end of the year.

On discovering Lisa had died:

She died a day before my birthday. I remember everything. I was with security in my Porsche and I said to them, “I feel like I’m going to get in a wreck and I want to go home”.

The driver said: “Well, that’s on the other side of town.” I didn’t care; I wanted to go home. I just felt something was going to happen to me, but it wasn’t me — it was Lisa.

I was sitting in a rocking chair in my daughter’s room after putting her down when I got a call from Chilli. She was screaming. I had just gotten out the hospital from fighting sickle cell so I had to be careful about getting upset. Everybody was trying to keep me calm.

I remember staying up all night and Patti Labelle and Missy Elliot calling me. Whitney Houston was at Lisa’s funeral. She sat behind me and rubbed my shoulders for two hours, while telling me, “It’s going to be okay, it’s going to be all right.” Right before that, I remember Lisa played a trick where she went missing and nobody knew where she was.

This was the one time I wish she was joking and doing one of her stunts, but she wasn’t.

On reports the group was feuding when she died:
No matter what, everyone will go through a disagreement — that’s what makes us all different. So it’s unrealistic to tell anybody that we all agreed with everything that everyone did or said.

That doesn’t happen in a real relationship. At the time, she just didn’t agree with what the record company was doing with the project, so she felt strong about standing up about it. It had nothing personal to do with the group members. I didn’t have a problem with that.

Then, delivering the news fans have waited years for, Chilli announced:

Another TLC album? Yes, that’s for sure! We’ll have new music right after the movie drops. We have everybody that was there with us from the beginning on board. We’ll definitely have a tour; I just don’t know what we’ll call it yet.

Full interview here.

Are you checking for a new TLC album?

1. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:32 pm
    enrerwj says:

lol..

good luck to them i guess

2. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    OLB says:

TLC has sold over 66million albums worldwide. Their music is timeless and yes!! They need to come back. May Left Eye continue to R.I.P

3. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:38 pm
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

4. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:39 pm
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

5. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:41 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Looking forward, hope they add some Left Eye raps from demos.

6. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:42 pm
    CHYNA says:

@enrerwj: b**** grow up!!!!

7. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:48 pm
    Bey Fan says:

Noooooo with no left eye it just aint the same…. But it would interesting to see where they go musically.

8. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    socialstudy1 says:

Yay! I would call it something like, “Back To The Stage”, “Phoenix Rising”, or something along the lines of starting over.
    That seems to be the trend right now for a lot of the 90s artists that are putting out new projects lately. :)

9. |
    April 25, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    iamond says:

Hell Yessss!!!!!! I love them.. Can’t wait < BABYFACE>DALLAS>JD…make it happen (in my left-eye voice)
    TLC is 4eva BABY BABY BABBAY!!!!!!!!!!!

10. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:05 pm
    therealest says:

they need to hang it up flatscreen or get a stylist.

Those flowery lacy tops…..the bangles. ooohhweeeeee no maam.

• |
      May 21, 2012 at 10:51 pm
      LLeftEyeL says:

That pic is from 2005, ya Nicki wannabe.

11. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:06 pm
    L-Boz says:

I am ready for this!

12. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:17 pm
    AMAZINJALEN says:

Interesting! I wonder will they TRY to replace Left Eye?

13. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    Onyx says:

As long as they don’t try to replace Left Eye with another Girl, i’m ok.

14. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:38 pm
    Bianca says:

They should make a album and have different current females rappers step in for Left eye like MIssy,Minaj,Banks etc

15. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    MusicBoy says:

This is great for them. It would be ignorant of them to not put out new material around the time their movie comes out. With all the excitement surrounding the movie, this new project will do great.

I hate when comments saying an artist “should quit and hang it up” are made.It’s Just like telling a singer to stop breathing. When music is someone’s passion, they can’t just give it up no matter how much an song or album may fail. #TeamTLC

16. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:55 pm
    Sha says:

I think its a good idea for them and also all of the REAL GIRL GROUPS to get back together and bring the true definition of what a girl group should be and the definition of good music that alot of these groups dont have and i wish TLC da best of luck with the new record ill buy it when it drops and cant wait to see the movie :-) now all we have to do is wait for Destiny’s Child to get back together and ill be happy :-)

17. |
    April 25, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    Jer says:

Its b******* because everyone know they just wanna pay the rent. They are so far out of touch with the music scene its sad. No one is checking for a TLC album in 2013 even if Left Eye was alive. Its just like that long awaited Lauryn Hill album. Nobody cares anymore

18. |
    April 25, 2012 at 2:18 pm
    prettigurlrockD says:

@Jer boy PLEASE. They just don’t have the hype and publicity that they once had in the early 2000’s and the 90’s. And of course when you been out the public eye for a while and a bunch of new artists take over the scene, it’s like that. They are still worldwide music icons stfu, hater.

RIP Lisa.

PLEASE don’t work with nicki minaj. I read someone say that.
    >>>_/ -_-

19. |
    April 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm
    yeah i said it says:

the dude singing the creep song. who does he think he’s fooling. its clear that he is gay. trying to change boy to girl when he reall wanna say boy lol. but anyways
    i love me some tlb finally rnb real rnb is making a cime back.

20. |
    April 25, 2012 at 2:30 pm
    News: TLC In Talks With L.A Reid | Verse Magazine says:

[...] via ThatGrapeJuice.net. Share this:FacebookTwitterEmailTags: Chilli, Essence, L.A Reid, Missy Elliot, Patti Labelle, T Boz, TLC, Whitney Houston [...]

21. |
    April 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm
    Popeater says:

“Hat to the back, I gotta wear my pants down real low.” That used to be my song. LOL.

22. |
    April 25, 2012 at 3:01 pm
    Stephen says:

Such a classy and classic group. I wish them the best of luck, at least they have fans.

23. |
    April 25, 2012 at 3:36 pm
    KenKen says:

@JER don’t u need a job to pay your rent? live? survive? what person doesn’t shut that s*** up. If they want to come back then THEY WILL! Your @ss is clearly a hating ass ignorant person. Go get a life. #PeoplejustsaystupidshitonhereALLTHETIME

24. |
    April 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm
    RoyalKev says:

Interesting, I wish them luck. I always liked T-boz and Chilli most from that group, but Left Eye presence will be missed.

25. |
    April 25, 2012 at 6:57 pm
    d boy says:

@therealest..your comment proves that u just a DUMB HATER..lol bcuz that pic is OLD from 2005 ,so u talkin bout there outfits is a waste of time…I’m sure its not played out..wasn’t then & isn’t now..long as they like it & it look good..lol..Retarded hater

26. |
    April 25, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    J says:

I LOVE TLC. Such a huge fan. Hopefully they will deliver with a new album. I can’t believe that “3D” came out like 10 years ago!!

27. |
    April 25, 2012 at 11:16 pm
    MADAMXTINA2012 says:

YASSS EVERYONE SPREAD THE WORD XTINAS BIONIC IS UP IN THE TOP 20 OF ITUNES SELLING…IT SITS AT 17 AND PROBABLY GONNA BE MOVING UP SOON.. AFTER 2 YEARS AND WHERES RIHANNAS BEYONCES GAGAS KATTYS NICKIS… GUESSING PEOPLE ARE FINALLY GIVING BIONIC ALBUM A CHANCE….

28. |
    April 26, 2012 at 11:29 am
    tlc fan says:

I have noticed left eye didnt record the songs on 3d as part of a tlc song. Most of the raps on 3D album was from left eyes unreleased solo material.