New Song: Leona Lewis – ‘Glassheart’

shares
Leona Lewis Glassheart 2012 New Song: Leona Lewis   Glassheart

Leona Lewis makes a beeline for the dancefloor on the title track from her third studio album ‘Glassheart’.

The song made its debut on UK radio merely moments ago and That Grape Juice, as ever, has your first online listen.

Get the latest taste of what the X Factor alum will be serving up come the LP’s October 15th release below…

While the Dance-craze is day by day chipping away at the dignity of many a chart act, Lewis avoids such territory by serving up something edgy and progressive. Put simply, its Dance-Pop at its most “premium”.

Issues potentially arise, though, when considering how Eurocentric the cut is. Would a song or moreover a “sound” like this work in the US – Lewis’ next biggest market after home? There’s also the fact that lead single ‘Trouble’ resonated with many as being the “lane” Leona should play in – given how well suited and comfortable she seems there. With this track, though, much of the uncertainty that greeted last year’s ‘Collide’ resurfaces. Can Leona not just “own” such a sound, but also be successful (on a global scale) with it too? The months ahead will be very interesting.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (153)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (137)

• Tyler

Tyler (137)

• Mark111

Mark111 (80)

1. September 19, 2012 at 3:12 pm
    Max says:

HOLY s***! Was not expecting that :O Not been a fan of her, honestly not my thing. But wow this is incredible! Think I may dip into buying this album. She’s definitely went and did something crazy with this song. Slayed. She has slayed so hard!

2. September 19, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Blue The Real Hive says:

This album would madly FLOP!! Look her face she acted all innocent when she first came out now she a plastic surgeries h**

• September 19, 2012 at 3:19 pm
      Whut? says:

Sure you ain’t talking about your mom? f**.

• September 19, 2012 at 5:48 pm
        Blue The Real Hive says:

My mum sold 200n records world wide something leona wil never achieve

• September 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm
      Max says:

Plastic surgeries h**? b**** please. The girl is stunning stop being a hater because you got a face like the back end of bus. Sit down

• September 19, 2012 at 5:36 pm
        Sarah Says says:

I gotta agree with some of the first comment. It’s clear that she’s been tweaked, any fan/stan would be able to see this.

• September 19, 2012 at 5:49 pm
        Blue The Real Hive says:

She had surgerIes I went to school with her

• September 20, 2012 at 7:43 am
        Max says:

You went to school with her…? Oh I see. Leona has had a nose job which was more than likely 2008/2009 So i doubt you went to school with her. Considering she was out of school when she joined x-factor. Pleb.

3. September 19, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Realest says:

She is a vocalist and although now it’s “trends” and bells and whistles and costumes making MUCH up of the popular “under 25″ pop scenes elite, it’s the actual ones with true talent, like Leona, who will stand the test of time once these “fads” phase out.. Autotune and dancepop will only last as long as the trend can last. At some point those who rely more on wigs and gimmicks won’t be able to rely on that and will be forced to actually convey “talent”. Her voice allows her to always have a place with an audience be TRUE VOCALISTS will never go out of style, they’re classic and at musics top of the food chain regardless is teeny boppers decide to buy them on iTunes or whatnot. Musical integrity seems to be much more important to her then being “trendy” and iSupport

• September 19, 2012 at 3:16 pm
      Realest says:

Oh and love the song.. It’s nice

4. September 19, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    Bojan says:

Glassheart LP is released on October 15th, not November 26th.

5. September 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm
    Tim says:

Omg i’m in love

6. September 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    RoyalKev says:

Wow! I don’t like any just any ‘ol dance song, but this one is outstanding. That makes 2 so far this year – what’s happening here?!!!! I’m feeling Ne-yo’s Let Me Love You as well. Great job Leona!

7. September 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm
    butlerny says:

Freaking hell!! Leeeona!!! she godamn gone and done it!! a clubtastic tronlike club banger!!! yeeeeesssssssssss!!! the remixes are going to be out of this world…..Glassheart is a stand out dance track the album is going to be a classic!! bring it on girl! x

8. September 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm
    Catepillerman says:

Check out a better quality clip:

Amazing.

9. September 19, 2012 at 3:47 pm
    JohnVidal says:

Hmm… I don´t know. I prefer Trouble from her. Good singer but she has a problem with making the songs or the sound she´s going for… her own. It can be a moderate success if she is lucky, but nothing else

10. September 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

LEONA YOU JUST DID EVERYTHING #GLASSHEART BABY!

11. September 19, 2012 at 4:00 pm
    Monstarebel says:

LEONA!!! YAAAAS!! SHES THE REAL VOICE OF ARE GENERATION!!

• September 19, 2012 at 6:37 pm
      mr.m says:

Sorry, Queen Xtina is the VOICE!
      Leona might be her maid. JUST SAYIN’

• September 20, 2012 at 7:15 am
        sharon says:

WHITNEY HOUSTON WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST VOICE!!! DONT GET IT TWISTED!!!!

12. September 19, 2012 at 4:04 pm
    I'm not throwing shade, but... says:

I must be hearing something else . It sounds like another dull dance song to me and nothing radically different fromthe music on Alexandra Burkes album. These two vocallists really shouldn’t waste their talents on such trash music.
    Set trends, dont follow them.

• September 19, 2012 at 4:15 pm
      Hey says:

Its one of them song what grow on you the more you hear it then you would love it and you will have it on repeat I think lol…

13. September 19, 2012 at 4:10 pm
    Bout to slay your ass says:

Yeah this sounds ok :/ i still prefer Trouble though but nonetheless i wish her luck

14. September 19, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    the real xoxo says:

i like leona, but i dont like this song.
    this type of dance music stopped sounding edgy about 2 years ago.

15. September 19, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    mobwife: Rebirth of the Cool says:

It’s okay!

I’m surprised ppl aren’t going off on Leona Lewis for making a Dance Music Track? I guess you can only make Dance Music if you’re Black and live in Europe for ppl not to complain! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• September 19, 2012 at 4:32 pm
      Max says:

wow.. That was a bit uncalled for. I think people are happy for Leona to use her voice in a different genre. She can’t live her life doing drab ballads. This album is a new direction.

16. September 19, 2012 at 4:38 pm
    Kyle says:

I like this song! I feel like this was the general direction she was going in with the album last year when she released “Collide.” I wish her the best. I hope the album gets a U.S. release date because I think she has an amazing voice!

17. September 19, 2012 at 5:04 pm
    Jayla says:

Really? I prefer trouble, Only gays will like this, because its a dance song

18. September 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm
    Mike says:

I love how adaptable she is tbh. She can do this kind of stuff and then slay people with an emotional ballad right after.

This SLAYYYYS though.

19. September 19, 2012 at 6:00 pm
    toohotfortv says:

i dont even like her like that, but this is pretty good (as far as a pop song goes)… thumbs up. i’m interested to see the vid. i think her voice sounds the best here.

20. September 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm
    It's Utterly Bizaar! says:

Eww, the lip shade is ugly! Does she really think she’s pretty in this pic! Ugh!

21. September 19, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    My hip, My back says:

It’s cool. she sounds different.

22. September 20, 2012 at 1:45 am
    Judeska says:

I Feel it! Yeah!

23. September 20, 2012 at 2:13 am
    MRDIVABITCH says:

I love it! Love the production, it’s actually really cool :)

24. September 20, 2012 at 10:22 am
    KayeV says:

am i the only one who thinks that chorus break sounds a lil like the chorus bit in Where Have You Been ?
    i like it though ..

• September 21, 2012 at 12:09 am
      LMAW says:

@KAYEV, LOL! You realize this song was written almost two years ago? If anything, the suits that own your fave copied Leona/Tedder.

25. September 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm
    manfred says:

if you wana do dance leona at least kill the vocals and stop whisper like janet cos u no janet. when you release a song as good as RUN let me know then ill love you with my glass heart. hmm i hate the song but the chorus is already in my head.

26. September 21, 2012 at 12:08 am