Snippet: Kelly Rowland – ‘Number One’

kelly rowland numberone e1356283229525 Snippet: Kelly Rowland   Number One

The ‘Year Of The Woman’ is nigh!

Fresh from cooling everyone off this Summer with ‘Ice’, Kelly Rowland told us that the track’s follow-up and housing album will both be R&B affairs. A point underlined with new cut ‘Number One’.

Produced by Mike WiLL, the track was previewed during a playback of the hitmaker’s new mixtape ‘Mike WiLL…Est In 1989′. Interestingly, Rowland confirmed that the the cut will also feature on her album.

So what are you waiting for? A taste of the ‘Year Of The Woman’ awaits below…

Sounds hot!

• December 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm
    CHUDDS says:

All that talking in the background was distracting….the beat is hot, but the lyrics sound corny. I’m always rooting for the DC3 girls though! :)

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

OMG IM SICK OF THIS h**!! b**** GIVE IT UP!!

• December 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm
    Yea i said it says:

lets see sam post RIHANNA DONATES $1.75 MILLION IN EQUIPMENT TO BARBADOS HOSPITAL

Lax Replied:

Yeaaah Rihanna donated to a Hospital, that’s good.

Yea i said it Replied:

i want sam post it, not how she doing something bad or negative

alessandro Replied:

ok man what’s the pint of bringing rihanna here? it’s about kelly rowland now let her be. everybody knows that riri donated 3million to the hospital

• December 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm
    Lax says:

I love Kelly’s “Motivation” and i love “Ice’ all Kelly Needs
    to do now is promote, promote, promote,,,,

Love Kelly Replied:

THAT WOULD MEAN PERFORMING. LIVE!!!! and we all know how that goes. Can’t blame them for limiting her live performances when Keri Hilson and Miley Cyrus out perform her can you?
    What they need to do is lock her in a room with only bread water and a vocal coach. Hopefully that will drum the monotone shaky voice out of her.

Anne Replied:

I’m no Kelly fan and I think her voice lacks stability but in my opinion she outperformed Keri and Miley. But that’s not saying much. Miley can’t sing at all and Keri’s little voice is so weak that she couldn’t even pull a decent closing out of her mouth when she was doing her best attempt to ‘blow’ at the end which came out more like a whisper. Kelly has a better overall voice or tone than the other two but she just can’t make it through a whole song without having some parts where her voice noticeably weakens and her projection fails. She’s been singing a long time so I don’t think her voice will ever be stable. But again, she has enough strength to outsing someone like Keri or Miley in my opinion. She obviously felt no need to keep up or compete becase while Keri was trying her hardest to pull out a closing, Kelly was just smiling and already considered the performance over.

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

Keri was just as bad chile

• December 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

The song actually sounds good but I’m astounded that she remembered that she has a project in the works. I mean “Ice” was out how long ago? This new project is going to do really badly but I don’t feel bad for her because she doesn’t seem to care enough to get her s*** together. Kelly, to each his own.

• December 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    amina says:

YASS!! KELLY
    ITS SOUNG PRETTY GOOD.
    YOU CAN HEAR THAT SHE HAS GROWN VOCALLY.
    I WANNA HEAR THAT LIVE

GO GO GO GO KELL’S

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

Umm no..but u triiiied it tho.

• December 23, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    Alex says:

I love it! I know it’s only a snippet but I think when the full version premieres I will actually prefer it to ‘ICE’! Can’t wait! And after weeks, ‘Ice’ still remains in the Billboard Hot 100 :) #YOTW

• December 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm
    Von Tae' says:

Sounds Hotttttttttt !

• December 23, 2012 at 12:58 pm
    Truth says:

Yass-
    Strong vocals!!!

• December 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    millhouse. says:

Kelly needs to learn how to sing again. Her voice is always shaky when she performs live… Her voice was never this bad when she was in DC3. I guess without Mathew and Beyonce breathing down her back to continuously practice, she just said f*** a vocal coach. Her songs are all auto tuned, and all her songs sound the same. I guess she found a formula and she’s running with it… I dont really expect much from Kelly these days anyway. She aint even busy but her promo is always lacking… I think she is just lazy like a lot of other female artists out there… THis is exactly why Beyonce continues to slay these hos. While they sleeping, Queen B is recording, learning new choreography, planning her superbowl performance, preping her new album, picking out stage outfits, and signing Pepsi deals, all while Blu Ivy is sucking on her left tit… Kelly Rowland, take some notes from your sister… She is waaaay more busy than you, and you tellin me you cant even do one live performance of ICE – gtfoh — I cant respect artists who have no drive. Its sad when your fans see your potential, but you dont see it in yourself. This is how people lose fans. We expect more from you but you never deliver..

idk why i was rambling like that but i had to get that off my chest -_-

King B>Rihanna Replied:

This is the Truth

BITCHPLEASE Replied:

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABY T Replied:

I love this! :D

WTF Replied:

You are disillusion if you think a pretty gay male nanny isn’t raising that child. Or Angie B.

alessandro Replied:

she has a live peformance for ice

GREG Replied:

GAWD! its so annoying how the beyonce fans find ANY reason to interject her name into ALL posts……tell Bey to go buy a new bath rug to put on her head while shes performing cause the one she wears looks like it has fleas.

• December 23, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    Monstarebel says:

It’s Okaay…. the beat is hot,Vocals sound nice…hopefully she promotes this xoxo

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

“hopefully she promotes this”

Monstarebel Replied:

LMAO!!! YOU DUMB…IF SHE DOESN’T PROMOTE LIKE HER CAREER DEPENDS ON IT WHICH IT DOES THIS WILL BE HER LAST ALBUM…..LIKE YOU CAN ONLY FLOP SO MANY TIMES BEFORE YOU GET DROPPED!!! PLUS BEYONCE COMING BACK NEXT YEAR LOL GOOD LUCK KELLY GWORL

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

She hasn’t promoted her single “Ice”, she’s busy doing other irrelevant s***, what makes you think she’ll start promoting her future works? I know its vital for her career, but she doesn’t seem to show enough interest in her works to promote.

WTF Replied:

1. How do you promote a song – Appear on shows and sing said song.

2. Will these appearances impact sales in a positive way – Yes. But only If Kelly gets the breath control and vocal training she so desperately needs and KILLS IT ON STAGE. CONSISTENTLY. If not. Its ‘Here I am’ all over again.

I don’t know what it is with her voice but she needs to address it, because it is the only thing holding her back and knocking her confidence (and my confidence in her) every time.

• December 23, 2012 at 1:21 pm
    Kelz says:

cant wait for the full version. the song is hot

• December 23, 2012 at 1:30 pm
    Kellyrowldawgs says:

This song go hard point blank and the period

[...] Snippet: Kelly Rowland – 'Number One' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2obVwFsj3X…r-Dreaming.jpgSummer Dreaming Rispondi [...]

• December 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm
    williNalli says:

OMG, Dec. 24th could not come fast enough, I need that full version NOW!!! SOOOOOOO EXCITED. :D

#YOTW

• December 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm
    speechless says:

Yes Maam!!!!

• December 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    KNUCK says:

Just listened with high end headphones..

Her vocals sound way better on here than any of her songs this era…. She is singing full and forward and getting those vowels formed! I love the low octave on the chorus, not sure who is singing that part. I’m very much into pure vocals so I’m excited for this. Beat is hot too!

Kelz Replied:

she definitely serving with those vocals

• December 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm
    RICHANDBLACK11 says:

I like this but Kelly girl I hope this doesn’t end up like ICE.

• December 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    HOWYOULIKEIT says:

And once again Kelly wont promote her s***. I guess she likes to flop

• December 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm
    BABY T says:

I like. Wait, is this the second single from YOTW?

alessandro Replied:

it could be but i think it won’t

• December 23, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    CB says:

Her Vocals sound strong so I don’t know what some of you all are listening to.

Not every artist wants to be #1. Kelly has made her $$$ so all she’s concerned with is putting out music that she likes, to keep her name out there.

Anne Replied:

Kelly wants to be number one. She just doesn’t do what it takes to get there for whatever reason. I heard her say in an interview that Serena and Venus made her realize that it was okay to compete for number one and that if sisters don’t feel guilty about being competitive than it was normal and not selfish for her to have the same type of desire to win.

• December 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY says:

MariahCarey’s “all i want for christmas” is available from
    iTunes
    smarturl.it/MariahChristmas |
    Amazon
    smarturl.it/AIWFCIYAmazon |
    Google Play goo.gl/dmWZ7

Just copy and paste the link in the search bar.

• December 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm
    Kellyisthebomb! says:

I am so EXCITED for this!!!!!!!! I want the full version like now!

• December 23, 2012 at 5:48 pm
    NAVI says:

omg this sounds good… hopefully it will sound great when it’s official.

• December 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm
    Love Kelly says:

OK song but I have said it before. Leave R&B to them SANGERS. Dance/Pop/Pop-ballads is where Kelly excels.

• December 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm
    Love Kelly says:

Rihanna found her some distinctive character, consistently great vocal control, consistently (last 4 performances) entertaining performances and emotive key changes this new era. Don’t see why Kelly can’t dedicate time to her craft. That goes for her acting endeavours to.

Anne Replied:

I don’t know which Rihanna performances that you are speaking of but are you sure she wasn’t lip synching. I saw her on SNL and she lip synched and her performance was vocally better than her non-lip synched live performances. Kelly did not lip synch on Diva. In my opinion, though they both have vocal issues, Kelly has a much better tone than Rihanna. Rihanna just records the right songs to keep a big fan base.

alessandro Replied:

have to agree with you for sure

• December 23, 2012 at 8:02 pm
    Teenage Dream (Beyonce's Weave) says:

I was ready to throw some of my best shade but this actually sounds hot. Will wait for the full cut.

alessandro Replied:

the problem with y’all is that you always wanna o comparisson. stop the s*** and aprecciate the music

• December 23, 2012 at 8:50 pm
    Lebo(CaribbeanBOi) says:

LOVE IT !!!!!!

• December 23, 2012 at 9:17 pm
    Pop Royalty says:

it is good enough she still remember she has an album to be released in the next decade ……………..

• December 23, 2012 at 10:16 pm
    Tami says:

Love it so far, cant wait to hear it in full.

• December 23, 2012 at 11:34 pm
    Steph says:

Love it…Go Kelly!

• December 23, 2012 at 11:56 pm
    Angela Wesley says:

Chudds, I agree with you with all of these distraction in the background. It is
    hard to hear Kelly singing the song. Like another poster said Kelly best
    songs are dance music and ballads. I just hope this is not
    a another Here I am era. Because Kelly is to talent to keep make
    mediocre albums.

• December 24, 2012 at 12:37 am
    whocares says:

kelly aint going no where. wtf is this. weak.

alessandro Replied:

can i ask where you at right now? no need to answer. irrelevant

• December 24, 2012 at 1:49 am
    Jamie says:

Hot!!!!!!

• December 24, 2012 at 4:20 am
    Girl007Bond says:

I´m tired of these midtempo songs ..

• December 24, 2012 at 5:52 am
    alessandro says:

I LOVED IRTHE FIRST I HEARD. JUST HOPE THERE IS NO COLLABO TO THIS. HER VOICE IS ABSOLUTELY F**ING GREAT. YEAH PEOPLE, SHE HAS THIS SERIOUS ISSUE OF NEVER PROMOTING HER MUSIC, I DON’T CARE AS LONG AS SHE KEEPS PROVIDING THESE GOOD SONGS FOR A LONG TIME

• December 24, 2012 at 7:15 am
    Ilovekelly says:

I can’t wait to here the song it sounds so dope And Ice didn’t flop even though I wanted it to promote more..it was number 5 in neverland.. #8 on billboard rnb chart n #10 on rnb/hip hopairplay chart..so it’s another top ten hit under her belt but she don’t promote n that makes me so mad with her because I want her be mega big

Girl007Bond Replied:

me too, but she is not doing enough

alessandro Replied:

i would really like to know why she doesn’t release to other countries other than US, UK. I WANT PEOPLE TO HEAR HER IN BRAZIL. SHE HAS SO MANY FANS HERE

• December 24, 2012 at 8:57 am
    gio88 says:

stop releasing slowjam as single , she need something refreshing and uptempo.

• December 24, 2012 at 10:12 am
    IDK says:

Aint nothing like good ole R&B.
    Likes this joint alot.

• December 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    Gemini says:

I love it. gone be in my feelings

• December 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    Hey You There says:

KR sounds sooo good one this song. It seems as if shes figured out that we all love her higher octave range. Honestly, the verses from ICE reminds me of those from ‘Like This’ because it sounds more like she’s talking instead of singing….excluding the I.C.E. part of her chorus. This song (kind of) reminds me of motivation because she’s actually singing. It’s kind of rare to hear from her sing at a higher pitch and I love it. KEEP IN MIND I never said it sounds like motivation, but it is a good reminder that she can’t hit high notes.

• April 9, 2013 at 11:07 pm
    bid ninja says:

Well, I agree with what you wrote, but not with all of it. Regardless, it’s all good material. Thanks!