Nicki Minaj On Grammy Snub: ‘I’m Not Worried About It’

shares
73b09143918e985300f9abc236820082 Nicki Minaj On Grammy Snub:  Im Not Worried About It

As reported here, ‘Moment 4 Life’ maestra Nicki Minaj was one of many top stars who released albums in 2012 that did not see their names aboard the 2013 Grammys nominations list.

Like ‘Beauty & the Beat’ co-star Justin Bieber‘s faithful followers, Minaj’s faithful Barbs have cried “foul” on the academy’s front. To the surprise of some, however, it seems Nicki has a different take on the snub.

When quizzed about the issue in a recent interview, the ‘Va Va Voom’ vixen shared some interesting thoughts.  See them below:

Via AccessHollywood:

““I’ve gotten tons of awards and I believe when it’s my time to get a Grammy, I’ll get a Grammy,”.

“I think that the Grammys had a different reason, that I do not want to discuss … and that’s just between me and them,” she said in a recent interview. “But I respect their organization and I’ll get a Grammy eventually. I’m not worried about it.”

“I understand that artists and critics make a big deal over the Grammys. But when I go to my shows and I’m selling out arenas in London, and when I’m in Australia and Japan, there aren’t any Grammys there,” she said. “There are human beings who I’ve touched. There are human beings who are inspired by me, who I love dearly. And that’s what my career is based on.”

“You do feel good when you get awards and accolades. Maybe if I had been doing this for 10 years and I thought like, ‘Oh my god, I’ve put out 10 albums’ — maybe it would have hurt my feelings. But I still feel so new that it’s like, ‘Charge it to the game,’” she said. “It’s part of the game.”

**********

The Grammys are set for CBS on Feb. 10.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (81)

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• rita ora

rita ora (60)

• Tyler

Tyler (58)

1. January 30, 2013 at 7:20 pm
    Monstarebel says:

I’m glad she’s not bitter about it…. I was a lil upset about it but it’s ok she’ll get that Grammy one day love you Minaj xoxo

• January 30, 2013 at 7:50 pm
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

b**** AINT NOBODY GIVE A f*** WHAT YO NAPPY NECK ASS GLAD ABOUT!! b**** MADE FUCKA!!

• January 31, 2013 at 12:23 am
      lucky7 says:

think about it Nicki is only surviving because kids can watch her same circus act OVER AND OVER! She is the wackest female thats out.

• January 31, 2013 at 1:24 pm
        LndoftheBlind says:

Sadly some adults enjoy her music, although its usually the ones with tattoos on their face and rainbow colored wigs.

2. January 30, 2013 at 7:23 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

What about your man boo? you worried about that?

• January 30, 2013 at 7:29 pm
      Monstarebel says:

Honey worry about changing that lice infected wig you got on lol. xoxo

• January 30, 2013 at 7:47 pm
        HoneychildPlease says:

Honey that fox love resting on top of my head don’t hunt for me xoxo

• January 30, 2013 at 7:51 pm
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

And h** U worry about treatn that LICE INFECTED p**** of yours!! h**! Back up offa @honeychile, u c***!

• January 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm
        Kat Deluna *Pop Princess* says:

LOL HONEY I WAS JOKING YOU KNOW I LOVE YA GIRL

• January 30, 2013 at 8:18 pm
        HoneychildPlease says:

@ Kat Deluna honey i don’t take you serious lol it’s all love, that was funny though..

• January 30, 2013 at 8:33 pm
        Monstarebel says:

@Kat are you on drugs tf ? @HoneyChild you know I still gotta come for you time to time muhahaha love you xoxo

• January 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm
        Kat Deluna *Pop Princess* says:

@Monsterrbel h** STFU YOUR THE ONE WITH THE DRUGGY IN YO f****** AVI DUMB f*** I WAS LETTING HONEYCHILDPLEASE KNOW IWAS JOKING FOR COMING AT HIM YESTERDAY DUMB f*** MIND YOUR BUSINESS

3. January 30, 2013 at 7:23 pm
    J says:

MAYBE NEXT YEAR NICKI!!!

THIS YEAR WAS A LITTLE MESSY

4. January 30, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    DeezNuts says:

I think Nicki Minaj deserved a Grammy Nom this year, but oh well. I’m glad to see she’s unfazed! :)))))

• January 30, 2013 at 7:33 pm
      Music, Soul, Harmony says:

Hell no she didn’t deserve s***. Not with songs like stupid h** and beez in the trap and Whip it. The album wasn’t consistent. Sounded like s*** for 7 year olds.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:52 pm
        DeezNuts says:

So artists can’t cater to different audiences and showcase their verstility? Beez in the Trap is a song for 7 year olds? Come on a Cone, HOV lane? Oh. :) Have a nice day!

• January 30, 2013 at 7:54 pm
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

f*** WHAT U THINK U DUSTY d*** b******!!

• January 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm
        T.I.J. says:

Its not what a person thinks. Nicki not being nominated CLEARLY says her album was WACK! Just because you stan for Nicki and her album sold doesn’t mean it was great. The album was horrible and inconsistent. Either you make rap or pop. There was no category to even put this album in. Nicki music sucks. Fans need to be honest with NICKI then maybe she will win a GRAMMY!

• January 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm
        DeezNuts says:

Thats your opinion. I liked her album and a lot of people do. Music is music..Pop or Rap. I like the songs. *shrugs*. lmao

5. January 30, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    OMG Just Google Kelsnetwork and see what happens... says:

better luck next time..sometimes people snub the best things…i mean they refuse to google kelsnetwork all the time…

6. January 30, 2013 at 7:36 pm
    truth says:

Word. Nicki will get that grammy. My theory is they wanted her to commit. They wanted her to choose between rap and pop.. and my guess is they were probably encouraging her to only pursue rap. Which she did with the re-up, which was great but i think the world is still waiting to see the more vulnerable side of nicki ie; here I am, dear old nicki, save me, letter to wayne, can anybody here me.. these are the type of songs that will get her that gramm. Bet.

• January 30, 2013 at 7:48 pm
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

U CLITLESS p**** b**** DONT B USING MY FUCKN NAME TO PROP THIS LOOOOSER UP!! h** DONT MAKE ME PULL OUT AN OUTFIT AND WIG ON YO ASS U DUSTY MUTHA FUCKA!!

• January 30, 2013 at 8:40 pm
        RESPECT THE VOICE!!!! says:

Read them p**** h** b******!!! Lol!!!!@the real truth

• January 30, 2013 at 8:50 pm
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

@voice chiiiiile im fuckn HYPED UP!! imma save my samaroy outfit and wig for when sam post icki man cheated on her cus i know imma b cut h** heads OFF honey! :-D

• January 30, 2013 at 8:49 pm
      TRUTH says:

She made those songs and still didnt win a grammy. NICKI MUSIC IS INCONSISTENT. STICK TO EITHER POP OR RAP. THEN THERE WILL BE A CATEGORY TO PUT HER MUSIC IN.

7. January 30, 2013 at 7:41 pm
    QueenCeline says:

Very classy of her. This era was a mess but she’s learned from her mistakes and next year will be hers. Good on you girl.

8. January 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I’m not a fan of her by any mean but she is right, although i really think she don’t deserve a Grammy for that album which is not good as the first but some people lives for Grammys, 16 Grammys doesn’t make your favorite better than mine, awards does not defines an artist.

• January 30, 2013 at 7:53 pm
      Music, Soul, Harmony says:

I feel like she didn’t take her time by making a classic album. Sounded like something they would play at Chuckie Cheese. I mean wtf. Some of the lyrical content was so sappy and immature and she’s not that great of a rapper to me but I know she can do better than that judging by her earlier mixtapes. But on a serious note, she needs to get a vocal coach. She sounds awful live singing without auto tune . Real talk. There’s way too many “yes men” in her fanbase and her team. And if she weren’t so arrogant and would take criticsm, maybe she would grow better as an artist without the eyesore wigs and such.

• January 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm
        ALAN says:

Oh, @Music, Soul, Harmony – PREACH!!!

• January 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

h** do what yo name say…b****!

• January 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm
      MV says:

Well grammy’s are based on talent so…

• January 30, 2013 at 10:18 pm
        QUEEN MINAJ says:

2 chainz got a grammy nom so?

• January 31, 2013 at 2:58 am
        Common Sense says:

Rihanna got a Grammy, so we know that isn’t true.

9. January 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

@Truth

No, she didn’t get any noms because of that performance she did for Grammys 2012. Remember? You know the one that garnered so much backlash? :roll:

10. January 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm
    ALAN says:

“But when I go to my shows and I’m selling out arenas in London”… (1)

“I’ve gotten tons of awards” (2)

““There are human beings who I’ve touched. There are human beings who are inspired by me” (3)

“I think that the Grammys had a different reason, that I do not want to discuss … and that’s just between me and them,” (4)

^^^LMAO. SO MANY INACCURACIES. She couldn’t just be content, OVERALL, without semi-inflating her ego to make herself feel good about the situation.

She does care, she was bothered by the lack of nominations and she does want one. Then again, why should she admit that?

And who has she TOUCHED/INSPIRED// etc… Selling out arenas?

Oh Nicki, you seriously make me laugh… WTFever girl

• January 31, 2013 at 3:01 am
      Common Sense says:

Weren’t you inspired when you heard life changing lyrics like: “you a stupid h**”

11. January 30, 2013 at 7:44 pm
    NickiSaidDis says:

I think she knows she didn’t deserve one this year, which is hard but I respect her for being so open about it. Maybe she should take a long vacation and be inspired to write again like she did on PF because you can tell it was deeply inspired. I long for the day when she goes back to her old look and brings back the cleopatra bob.

12. January 30, 2013 at 7:47 pm
    truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

THANKS SAM!!! :-D :-D :-D A STANKY b**** SHE KNOW ITS KILLN HER DONE ASS!! This b**** looks like a mutha fuckn PAINT BALL MACHINE blew up in front of her honey!! b**** FINGER PAINTS pastel paint on her face!! And i WISH A b**** WOOOOULD come for me or, post sumthing else positive about the crayola colors wearin b****!! YEA HOEZ I FUCKN SAID IT NNN WIT??!!

• January 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm
      Truth (Number 1 Nicki stan) says:

If you don’t sit your dumb ass down somewhere, nobody even likes you bi polar h**.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:04 pm
      Truth (Number 1 Nicki stan) says:

b**** go smoke your crack. My man is at work where your broke ass needs to be.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

#POW! now b**** this how i like u! Im finna bed down now and give these hoez and u time to comment bfo i wake up slayn..but first let me go thru one more time

• January 31, 2013 at 12:16 pm
      1 says:

TRUTH(SLAYER OF ICKI FUNKY ASS STANS b****!!) what is your problem,you have any idea how annoying you are,are my be that is the point of your existence.

13. January 30, 2013 at 7:48 pm
    PinkPussyBitchin says:

Ok girl I understand. Beyonce has 16 grammys but nobody respects her as a musician even though she has more than Mariah who everyone respects. Grammys are cool to get but they’re not the be all and all. Nicki just needs to find herself again and she’ll be fine cos PFRR was just a ratchet mess. The sound was a mess. Her make up was a mess. That ghastly blonde wig. It was all just ugh. But i know she’s gonna slay the girls with TPP so i’m not too worried.

• January 30, 2013 at 8:44 pm
      RESPECT THE VOICE!!!! says:

The reason why the industry doesnt respect mrs. Camel is because they know how she got those 16 grammys and it wasnt because of her talent!

• January 30, 2013 at 9:26 pm
      Music, Soul, Harmony says:

Beyonce went to school for music. She understands notation and has mastered her voice and showmanship over the years. Her music isn’t everyone’s taste and I think 16 grammy’s are a bit much but obviously it’s not just the beyhive that think highly of Bey. This is why ppl are annoyed by her.

• January 31, 2013 at 1:28 pm
      LndoftheBlind says:

Beyonce pays for her Grammys. Matthew was on the committee.

14. January 30, 2013 at 7:48 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

Grammys = s*** anyways. I mean Milli Vanilli had Grammys but people like Diana Ross and Bob Marley had zero.

• January 30, 2013 at 7:54 pm
      ALAN says:

Oh… I, personally, don’t think the Grammys are s***, but I see where you’re coming from…

But, then again, Queen has NO grammys, nor do Led Zeppelin, Pink floyd, the beatles, yet Rihanna has 6.

Patti Labelle DOESN’T have any grammys and Stevie Wonder has 24.

Whitney has 7, Mariah has 5 and Beyonce has 16.

Luther Vandross has 1 Grammy, whereas Paula Abdul has 6.

Sometimes they give to the legends, other times they dont!!!

And I’m a Rock fan

• January 30, 2013 at 8:00 pm
        ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

Every example you gave is the reason why I say they’re s***. It was easier to tolerate the 80s, 90s, etc flubs because there was an abundance of talent but some people deserved AT LEAST a couple not just for their music but also for their contribution/shaping of the industry. Now its just pure s***, and I cannot tolerate songs like “Call me maybe” being nominated for song of the year…..like….NO! In my eyes the Grammys are a representation of the best of the best in the music not the most popular (that’s why we have s*** shows like Teen awards and whatnot). Its more than disappointing. I mean how is 2Chainz nominated? Ch…..

• January 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm
        ALAN says:

I know right!

“Call Me Maybe” – SONG OF THE YEAR. Oh Lord…

That’s why, this year, the ONLY artists I am routing for, from this generation/era, are ‘The Black Keys’ & ‘Miguel’ and all the other Legends who have been in the industry pre-1995.

And 2Chainz… LMAO. Really? I’m telling you M.C – contemporary Popular music from this generation has been so redundant, it’s unbelievable. You know its bad when ‘Beyonce’ gets all the praise for being this, almost, SURREAL performer when, in actual fact, she is highly basic, performance-wise and musically. There is NO competition anymore. Everything is just so ‘Slap-and-Dash’.

Ch…………..

• January 30, 2013 at 8:25 pm
        ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

Miguel is one talented man, but watch him go empty handed like Bruno did for his first album :(

“I’m telling you M.C – contemporary Popular music from this generation has been so redundant, it’s unbelievable.”

250% True.

“You know its bad when ‘Beyonce’ gets all the praise for being this, almost, SURREAL performer when, in actual fact, she is highly basic, performance-wise and musically. There is NO competition anymore. Everything is just so ‘Slap-and-Dash’.”

Say the truth and set me free b****!!!!!!! Like Beyonce is talented but since SHE HAS LITERALLY NO COMPETITION she is praised like she’s a god. The fact that most of her counterparts are s*** to more s*** is just so sad.

Are you new? Welcome, you’re an awesome addition to this site. You, Juelz, MC Fans, and a couple of other very insightful people. Stick around, even though this site is filled with trolls and messy b******.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:01 pm
        ALAN says:

1) Oh yes, I’m new… And thank you very much. It’s nice to meet you, I suppose.

I have browsed through previous posts beforehand and, ironically, I was almost put off from commenting – I simply could not fathom the reason as to why there were so many inane and vulgar comments being posted and spammed by people who were CLEARLY the same but just writing under different usernames.

I initially thought, “Is this a Junk site”?

2) Exactly. I do ‘appreciate’ her talent to some extent, but, however, I’ve often thought to myself, in regards to her skills – “Would Beyonce have the potential to succeed in Black Pop music’s greatest era; the 1980’s, with the likes of ‘Whitney.H, Michael.J, Janet.J, Prince, Luther.V, Anita.B, Tina.T’, Bobby.B’ etc…??? …And the answer is usually “HELL NO” as the state of showmanship was so much more groundbreaking and raw in those days.

Even if you didn’t have Whitney, Luther, Tina or Anita’s voice, you BETTER believe that you had to know how to perform, entertain and put on a show like Michael, Janet, Bobby and Prince.

Even if the 90’s, you had the likes of Mariah, Celine,Boyz 2 Men and “REAL” Hip-Hop music, today, the substance and quality has dipped so far. You know why?

Record companies and labels have invested so much in producing these ‘mediocre’ acts that they begin to lose money. To make up for this loss, they seek new ‘mediocre’ acts who they hope could return a profit. They fail and these business executives do the same thing over and over again. It’s becoming an ever-ending cycle. That’s why album sales have dipped. Adele got lucky because her music appeals to a strong ‘adult-contemporary’ audience who look to ‘invest’ in music, not just ‘buy’ it.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:43 pm
        ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

I agree with everything you said.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm
      Music, Soul, Harmony says:

It doesn’t matter. The Grammy’s has gone in the right direction this time by not nominating Bieber and Minaj. I do think they should step their game up by acknowledging more artists out there that work their asses off though. When I heard they ripped Jazmine Sullivan off on her first album which was literally perfect, that was unfair.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm
        ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

Well that’s true.

• January 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm
        QUEEN MINAJ says:

alright b****** get each other numbers and hop off this post.
        aint nobody got time for that

15. January 30, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    FentySoSnatched says:

Keep your head up Head Barb, you’ll win one next year. Just don’t f*** it up next time.

16. January 30, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    SHA says:

Ummm is she referring to politics and the fact that she had the worst performance in recent Grammy history and they snub her for that????? This b**** is utter trash and her new album thats coming out will be the end to Nicki Minaj Prink Friday RR and TheRE UP and a new album in one year is career suicide and I await her fall.

• January 30, 2013 at 7:57 pm
      ALAN says:

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I am an avid ROCK music fan, R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul, old-skool Hip-Hop fan primarily…

Pop music is s*** – unless your M.J, Prince etc…

• January 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm
      1 says:

SHA hold your breath b!tch.

17. January 30, 2013 at 7:54 pm
    TaylorWins says:

Don’t feel too bad Tanya, B stopped getting grammys as soon as she fired her daddy so we know it’s political.

Btw, OL’ Matty is on the committee.

18. January 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm
    Truth (Number 1 Nicki stan) says:

f*** the Grammy’s, they haven’t been relevent since the 90’s

19. January 30, 2013 at 8:10 pm
    MUSICHEAD says:

The fact is her music simply wasn’t good enough to receive a nomination. I don’t see one category that she deserved a nomination in instead of the people already nominated.

Sorry…maybe next time.

• January 30, 2013 at 10:25 pm
      QUEEN MINAJ says:

call me maybe?
      2 chainz?
      child please

• January 31, 2013 at 3:04 am
        Common Sense says:

Call Me Maybe sounds like a masterpiece when compared to Stupid h**.

20. January 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm
    BABY T says:

Now her fans know how the Beyhive felt when the Grammys snubbed 4 (Beyonce’s best work to date). The Grammys are f*cked up! How does CB’s F.A.M.E. get nominated for Best R&B Album and 4 doesn’t? lol anyways it’s old news now.

• January 30, 2013 at 8:54 pm
      RESPECT THE VOICE!!!! says:

Because her daddy was fired from the grammy committee duh!!

21. January 30, 2013 at 8:37 pm
    HOWYOULIKEIT says:

Aint no grammy for your popcorn ass songs. You finally realised the grammys are for talented artists and not poppish gimmicks.
    Try again

22. January 30, 2013 at 8:37 pm
    Monstarebel says:

Lol Nicki will get her Grammy mark my words………!!!

• January 30, 2013 at 8:52 pm
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

Mark yo p**** ‘HAZARDOUS’!

• January 30, 2013 at 9:36 pm
      Music, Soul, Harmony says:

I don’t see how. Everytime I listen to her music she seems like she’s running out of fresh ideas.

23. January 30, 2013 at 8:41 pm
    Monstarebel says:

@Truth why do you hate Nicki so much? what did she ever do to you like forreals

• January 30, 2013 at 9:01 pm
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

Ok since we talkn.for real. I used to reaaaaallllyy love her until her fuckd up personality showed thru. The way she diss ALL female rappers bfo her, the way she BASICALLY told all her fans to goto hell and she’ll pay them DUST and find more barbs and deleted her twitter account, how fuckd up her attitude was on the breakfast club and her just being a BITCHand not THE b****. She just erks the f*** outta me yo.But when she first came out with ‘i get crazy’ and ft on usher, ludicris and other OMG I FUCKN LOVED HER!!…RIGHT up until tjat interview with Angie Martinez then her true colors came out. And im from the Kim era so i KNOW she copied Kim and i.loved her for it. I called her lil nicki…then the angie interview chile…i was DONE!

• January 30, 2013 at 9:11 pm
        Monstarebel says:

Hmmmm I can see were your coming from but that’s her do I agree no she does to much at times her attitude is all types of f***** up but you need to chill your starting to look crazy & obsessed with her..

• January 30, 2013 at 9:36 pm
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

But @monnn i hav no fun until he put up an icki post. Come on man yall all hav fun with Bey and Rhi. Yall gotta give ME an outlet too. :-(

24. January 30, 2013 at 8:54 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (NICKI IS MARIAH'S LESSER) says:

‘Stupid h**’
    ‘Starships’
    ‘Beez in the trap’

No Grammys for u Onika.

• January 30, 2013 at 10:27 pm
      QUEEN MINAJ says:

triumphant?
      #pow

• January 30, 2013 at 11:27 pm
        SLAYRIAH CAREY says:

How many years has Nicki been in the business now?

Where are her #1 songs tho….. I’m gonna kindly ask you to remain seated.

• January 31, 2013 at 3:06 am
        Common Sense says:

LOL Triumphant is a modern day classic compared to the 3rd rate garbage Nicki releases.

25. January 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm
    jason says:

SOMEONE REMIND NICKI MINAJ THAT SHES NOT SELLING OUT STADIUMS….JUST ARENAS AND BASKETBALL COURTS!

26. January 30, 2013 at 9:49 pm
    Cream says:

Did y’all se the new of Beyonce superbowl practice???? Omg!!!!!!!!!! I can’t deal that grape juice get on it

27. January 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm
    THE GREAT LACEFRONCE. says:

her music is STEAMING HOT s***

The Grammys made an EXCELLENT decision by not nominating her

• January 30, 2013 at 10:28 pm
      QUEEN MINAJ says:

b**** you stuck at 200,000 in album sales so hush

28. January 30, 2013 at 10:12 pm
    QUEEN MINAJ says:

LMAOO somebody said because my album wasnt nominated it was whack
    please b**** 2chainz got nominated
    i think that there were some problems because my album is half rap half pop
    and they just didnt want to give me 2 nominations for 2 different categories
    *FLIPS WIG*

• January 31, 2013 at 12:20 am
      RESPECT THE VOICE!!!! says:

No b**** your garbageand your lyrics are childrens nursery rhymes!!

• January 31, 2013 at 12:49 am
        DeezNuts says:

LMFAO. Nursery rhymes. I’m convinced you don’t listen to her music often. Sad….get a life.

• January 31, 2013 at 3:08 am
        Common Sense says:

What an insult to children’s nursery rhymes.

• January 31, 2013 at 6:22 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

No b**** U didnt get nominated bcus yo s*** garbage *snatches that cotton candy wig off u*

29. January 30, 2013 at 10:33 pm
    wrinkle flop ora, says:

Beyonce just released the Video of her SB show rehearsal. She is doing End of time, countdown, baby boy, CIL , single ladies and Run the world.

All these songs are ghetto; they do not appeal to white america over the age of 25; none of these songs are very big either. I mean…End of time and countdown? I have never heard these songs. Baby boy was not a hit. She is an idiot for doing this, without having any iconic songs in her arsenal. When u look at the songs she is doing, rihanna would be a better choice. Most of the onsg on her list are not even big – even call me maybe is bigger than these songs.

• January 31, 2013 at 12:28 am
      Mark111 says:

Why do she have to appeal to the Whites? That’s the problem with music, people think they have to get the white money. Did The Who try to appeal to the Blacks and Mexicans? Shut the f*** up, you self hating sad excuse of a person.

• January 31, 2013 at 12:48 am
        DeezNuts says:

SHe didnt appeal to the whites. The whites came to her. After the accidental pop hit, her biggest selling single yet, superbass she would be retarded not to cater to the pop audience as well as her hip hop fans.

• January 31, 2013 at 1:03 pm
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

@dezenuts i hate to admit it and agree with u but u on point there.. They did come after her

• January 31, 2013 at 6:23 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

Then u white b**** dont listen to it…hunky!

30. January 30, 2013 at 10:41 pm
    QUEEN MINAJ says:

I WILL GET A GRAMMY SOONER OR LATER

31. January 30, 2013 at 11:58 pm
    Gary C says:

I’m not a big Minaj fan, but she’s right. You want an award or sold out shows? She’s doing her thing. If she gets the gold trophies she gets them. If she doesn’t, she’s still a working artist.

• January 31, 2013 at 12:20 am
      oly says:

She’s a working WACK artist. Only kids have to like Nicki, Her music is so horrible. Same sound, same wack nursery ryhmes. Same face expessions. Same horrible wigs and tons of makeup. She hasn’t changed since she’s been out. Only kids can watch the same muppet show over and over. Adults grow!

• January 31, 2013 at 12:45 am
        DeezNuts says:

1) Im not a kid and I like Nicki. So you’re wrong.
        2) You dont have to listen to her music. I love it! :)
        3) She changes her wigs ALL the time so Idk wtf youre talking about. lmfao
        4) All artists wear tons of Make-up??? Beyonce, Rihanna. Have you seen Nicki without it? she’s quite pretty. :)
        5) She’s grown ALOT since shes been out. Her evolution is quite obvious.

All in all, I have no idea wtf you are talking about…maybe because you dont know what youre talking about.

• January 31, 2013 at 6:23 am

Girl hush

32. January 31, 2013 at 12:25 am
    Mark111 says:

Such a sell out. Although I thought she should’ve gotten best new artist. I forgot who won. But like others said, at least she’s calm about it, she’s on album #2.5, so she have time to get one. Sadly it will be hard since there’s no Best Female Rapper cat.

33. January 31, 2013 at 12:42 am
    DeezNuts says:

I said it once, and I’ll say it again. Tupac and Biggie have NO Grammys. Nicki is in good company! :)

-Tune into American Idol and Watch Nicki Minaj. (the only reason to watch)

• January 31, 2013 at 3:11 am
      Common Sense says:

LOL at the delusions.

• January 31, 2013 at 4:23 am
      the real xoxo says:

but they both have classic songs/albums under their belts.

• January 31, 2013 at 4:33 am
      SlayDeleAdkins says:

Tupac and Biggie??? LOOOOOOOL!!! PLEASE DONT GO THERE WITH THAT CHILLE!!

• January 31, 2013 at 6:25 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

I DONT watch it bcus of her and NO RAP ARTIST were getn grammys in tupac and biggie era…but u tried

34. January 31, 2013 at 1:01 am
    BeyFRAUD Armstrong (Beyonce's Weave) says:

OH SNAP, Francine Ocean’s “Channel Orange” has just been certified GOLD.

Francine Ocean > Fistopher Brown > Trey Songz > Miguel > All other RnB male FLOPS and you’ll DEAL.

• January 31, 2013 at 2:13 am
      Jabroni says:

OH SNAP, I’m not impressed.

• January 31, 2013 at 3:05 am
        XoMoDe says:

OH SNAP, who cares?

35. January 31, 2013 at 1:43 am
    Jer says:

Uh huh. She’s not worried about it huh. b**** you got an ulcer of LIFE you so bothered

36. January 31, 2013 at 2:23 am
    MISHKA says:

I liked her answer and I hope she learned her lesson.

Unless they create a “Contemporary Pop’ category, she should make sure she has a certified banger RAP song on each album in order to get the award.

She went very close last year with “Superbass”, she just needs to come back and harder. MIGUEL-style.

37. January 31, 2013 at 3:30 am
    The real xoxo says:

How was it a ‘snub’? Her album was trash to everyone over 18.
    Im tired of gimmick artists thinking that the world owes them success.

38. January 31, 2013 at 5:54 am
    EnRanc says:

Nicki is garbage and doesn’t deserve any Grammy’s; that being said, with the sorry state that the music industry is in these days, I’m almost surprised she didn’t get a nom. The Grammy’s used to be about awarding high caliber artists who produced quality music, while the American Music Awards awarded popular trash that teenagers listened to…but since the turn of the century the Grammy’s have fallen victim to the music biz turning to s***. Now they’re just as bad as the VMAs and AMAs. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicki does get something next year.

39. January 31, 2013 at 8:04 am
    Pop Royalty says:

her music is Too cheap to get nominated.

40. January 31, 2013 at 12:30 pm
    os says:

Keep staying strong Nicki,keep doing your thing Sista.

41. January 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    Mik Bailey says:

She is so dumb it’s embarrassing; money or not, class and intelligence is more important! People who follow her have to be dumber, dumbest….

42. February 1, 2013 at 1:39 am
    QueenXtina says:

This girl doesn’t deserve a Grammy!!

43. February 1, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    Drew says:

I really dislike it when Nicki always tries to run down her resume on how many records she’s sold, how many different countries she been to & how many sold out concerts she’s had & how everybody wants to be her. Humble yourself a little bit. Someday someone newer & younger will take your spot too. Awards like Grammy’s & Oscars are really hard to get.