As enduring Pop forces go, few can rival the resonating impact of ABBA.
The Swedish quad, made up of Agnetha, Bjorn, Benny and Anni-Frid, debuted almost 50 years ago and have gone on to etch themselves into the history books with their colossal collection of infectious Pop classics. Indeed, from ‘Mama Mia’ to ‘Waterloo,’ who doesn’t have a favourite ABBA track?
And now, after a 35-year hiatus, the group are reuniting for the release of not one but two new songs in December. With ‘I Still Have Faith in You’ being first up.
As anticipation builds, let’s reflect on the immeasurable impact the ensemble had on the UK during the height of their heyday.
Join us below…
Per the chart, ABBA amassed the following:
- 9 #1 singles – more than any non-British group ever!
- ‘Waterloo,’ their debut single, topped the charts after being Sweden’s winning entry Eurovision 1974.
- ‘Dancing Queen’ is the group’s best-selling single. It spent six weeks at No. 1 in the UK, where it sold more than one million copies.
- The group released 11 albums – 8 of which hit #1 in the UK.
- Uniquely, their best seller is 1992 Greatest Hits collection ‘Gold.’
Check out more info below…