That Grape Juice Interviews Kreayshawn

shares

18 million.

That is the impressive number of views newcomer Kreayshawn has amassed with the video for her debut single ‘Gucci Gucci’. A figure rendered all the more jaw-dropping when discovering that much of it accumulated prior to the 21 year old signing with Columbia Records.

Yet, as her recent deal with the Sony Music imprint attests, this Oakland native’s buzz is undeniable. Which begs the question: just who is Kreayshawn?

That Grape Juice sat down with the femcee, chatting it up with her about her journey thus far, the White Girl Mob, issues of colour and whether she feels her own has hindered her from being taken seriously, Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, and more.

As ever, we ask the questions you really want answers to.

kreayshawn 12 That Grape Juice Interviews Kreayshawn

{Shot by: Seye Isikalu}

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Nicki is queen!!!

Nicki is queen!!! (25)

• truth (icki is the QWEEN OF PUSHBACK!! Iggy got her scuured honey. #IckiAFlop)

truth (icki is th... (20)

• RICHIE_RICH

RICHIE_RICH (19)

• Sherry

Sherry (18)

1. September 19, 2011 at 5:54 am
    GAGA Stan says:

Love her!

2. September 19, 2011 at 5:58 am
    THE UNIVERSITY OF GAGA (IS†ANN4GAGA) says:

Imma be straightfoward with this:

Can y’all tell her to get some Talent???This b**** cannot rap for s***! I mean the only saving grace on that song is the BEAT,which ain’t even all that…..

I mean really

Gucci Guci Louis Louis Fendi Fendi Prada
    KreayTURE’s rapping sounds like s*** and someone need to stop ha

#Wheamyrapdeal?

3. September 19, 2011 at 6:23 am
    Tina says:

The media is going to force her down our thoughts until we like her like they did Nicki Minaj.

4. September 19, 2011 at 6:29 am
    no says:

yo people in the usa dont like her real talk. shes a fake and a guy wrote gucci gucci… not her.. shes a fraud for real… n we all know it. she gets no hood pass. her album gonna brick. talkin bout she comes from a place where race dont matter? oakland? where in oakland she from? uk u can keep her.. she is CLUELESS

5. September 19, 2011 at 6:42 am
    Robert says:

I do wish her well even though I think by next year she will fade away.

6. September 19, 2011 at 7:06 am
    Those That Cannot Do, Stan says:

YouTube views don’t really mean much.

Half the time folks are curious the other half of the they’re sending links to their friends like “Yo, watch this s***. Can you believe this mess???” So yeah. I know I’ve contributed to MANY people’s vid count and NOT liked what I saw at all.

7. September 19, 2011 at 7:58 am
    Frieda (THE VOICE) says:

GTBOH (get this b**** outta here) you guys had to pay her all of $2 for this interview. #DEAD DEAD DEAD! Kreayshawn, I’m gonna just be honest girl. It’s not that you’re white. You’re just wack as f***. Your writers are garbage, you’re ugly as hell. Your ass is flat and your stylist should be shot. Get b*** implants, ref>>> Onika Miraj. Get breast implants, ref>>> O.M
    Get your face broken and restructured, ref>>> Lyndsey Lohans little sister. Leak some nudes via “hacked Facebook”. Show song crotch shots while exiting your limo, and finally dance on top of club tables in a drunken haze. Oh, I forgot… Make a s** tape with Rick Ross and viola…. Superstar!

8. September 19, 2011 at 8:22 am
    Mickie says:

I liker her….. Just saying, her rapping may be kinda wack but she alright

9. September 19, 2011 at 8:38 am
    Queen Beyonce Stann says:

I Feel SO BAD For This Girl :(
    I Mean She Can’t Rap & Too Make It All Worse She Looks Like CACA *Kreayshawn Voice* Which Means *Regular Voice* She Looks Like A Horse :(

#KingB2011

10. September 19, 2011 at 12:13 pm
    brandoise says:

The music industry in full of people with less talent than her (ex: Soulja Boy). Why can’t she have a career in Hip Hop? Yeah the hook in Gucci Cucci is wack but the rest was lyrically tight and pretty funny. All rapping is nowadays is rhyming over beats, she did this sucessfully and is why she’s generating buzz. If she was really that horrible MTV and Lil Wayne wouldnt of known about her.

11. September 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm
    QueenSize says:

Well…..This interview was interesting and enlightening. It made me wanna know more about her. The Left Eye track ain’t too bad on the ears. I still have my reservations but if I can accept Nicki and her nonsense I don’t see why I can’t accept her.

12. September 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm
    KIMBERLY says:

I actually love that there is another young rap female in the game. There is room for more. Good luck girl. do your thing

13. September 19, 2011 at 5:03 pm
    NATALIE says:

Yuck. This freak can’t rap to save her life. Gucci Gucci is one of the worst songs I have heard all year.

14. September 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm
    Imgunnacheckuboo says:

Who?

15. September 19, 2011 at 5:53 pm
    jake says:

Well I feel that a lot of ppl tend to not dig her cus she ain’t out there showin her ass or p**** n ain’t act all too purped out. She a bad b**** you jus gotta give my girl some time.

16. September 19, 2011 at 6:06 pm
    Trina says:

Who the hell gave Casey Anthony a record deal?!!

17. September 19, 2011 at 6:37 pm
    Gilberto says:

I don’t know who’s this basic b****, BUT she looks like Amy Winehouse. And this scares me.

18. September 19, 2011 at 6:39 pm
    *Dismissed* says:

Record labels just want to jump on any bandwagon that they believe could potentially be a cash cow. That being said, just because she weaseled a record deal out of some old white suit that sees green doesn’t mean she will be successful or relevant, or that her disaster of an album will ever see the light of day…

19. September 19, 2011 at 6:48 pm
    JER says:

D-list

20. September 19, 2011 at 7:26 pm
    PYTFROMAL says:

Gilberto
    September 19, 2011 at 6:37 pm
    ****

LMAO!

21. September 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm
    honeydip says:

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!

22. September 20, 2011 at 2:18 am
    nice_gurl says:

She cannot rap and I don’t think she will last long in the music industry. That’s just my opinion.

23. September 20, 2011 at 3:23 am
    antertain says:

Can’t hate on her for getting signed.
    She found a buzz and it worked for her so far.

I don’t listen to the Kre-ay-shawn’s music but she has a fun element and she just doing her.

Nothing wrong with trying to make them coins.

24. September 20, 2011 at 4:38 am
    Kim Slaying These b****** Alive ! & AALIYAH Is THE Queen Of R&B ! My Faves Are Slaying ! How Bout Yours ???? says:

Lmfaooooo I Cant Believe Gimmicks Now A Days But We All Know She Didnt Write Gucci Gucci , Nickis Gimmick Ass Open The Door For More Talentless b****** To Get Into The Game So She Better Pay Homage , She Leaked Her Own Naked Pics To Get More Hype & Had That Fake Ass Beef With Rick Ross Wanna Be Drug Dealer Ass & He Slayed THE s*** Out Of Her ! Oh & If That b**** Say Some Sideway s*** About Kim………………….I CANT Cus Kim Will SLAY Her Ass Alive ! IM DONE (CB VOICE) !

25. September 20, 2011 at 9:42 am
    B0SS says:

Love ya Sam… but I absolutely REFUSE to listen to s*** she has to say on RAP!!! GTFOH!!! EEEWWWW b**** YOU SUCK DONKEY BALLS!!!! The ONLY reason I’m commenting is because I KNOW she will read this. Girl you will NEVA get respect… you will NEVA blow up… you will NEVA be in the same category as any other rapper GOOD OR BAD. Trashy ass heaux… you can’t even get in where Vanilla Ice left off.

the end!

26. September 20, 2011 at 3:56 pm
    I'ma have to send her to her maker says:

@Tina nicki already established herself before all those whities took a liking to nicki. Nicki didn’t force herself down NOBODY’S throat you either loved her or hated her. Only thing that got her to where she is is a good team and PR

27. Vote

[…] to strike up many an uncomfortable debate, her comments come just days after she sat down with That Grape Juice to discuss this very […]