New Song: Usher – ‘Lemme See (ft. Rick Ross)’

shares
usher 2012 New Song: Usher   Lemme See (ft. Rick Ross)

Last week brought with the premiere of Usher‘s new Pop single ‘Scream’. Yet, the Grammy winner isn’t leaving his R&B fans hanging. For today saw the debut of his new Urban flavored single ‘Lemme See (ft. Rick Ross)’ on New York’s Power 105.1.

Really, though. What re you waiting for? Take a listen after the jump!

Audio-fire! A cert for Urban radio play (and the strip club too!) Usher is back!

‘Lemme’s housing album, ‘Looking For Myself’, hits stores on June 12th.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Nicki is queen!!!

Nicki is queen!!! (25)

• truth (icki is the QWEEN OF PUSHBACK!! Iggy got her scuured honey. #IckiAFlop)

truth (icki is th... (20)

• RICHIE_RICH

RICHIE_RICH (19)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (15)

1. April 30, 2012 at 8:32 am
    Ms. Nia Imani says:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Scream!

2. April 30, 2012 at 8:34 am
    Carl says:

Maybe a few more listens, I don’t like how he’s singing it….

3. April 30, 2012 at 8:35 am
    lol says:

All his songs have been Fire as of late

Mature / Relate-able lyrics
    Edgy yet Versatile Vocals
    Great Production

The other cats can have a sit now

4. April 30, 2012 at 8:35 am
    Plural Raspberry says:

Lol Chewing gum relieves stress

5. April 30, 2012 at 8:36 am
    1rnbfan1 says:

Smash!! :D

6. April 30, 2012 at 8:43 am
    Jaiyah says:

Alright I’m feeling it, but Usher got to give us an uptempo R&B song like U remind me, U don’t have to call, Yeah or Caught up type of songs. I need to him doing some good choreography to R&B music. The best video I love is U don’t have to call, Usher had so much swag in that video OMG. I need that Usher to come back in my life.

7. April 30, 2012 at 9:07 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Great melody, cool vocals, bad feature, horrible lyrics. No disrespect, but having s** as a subject is cliche and should be left to newbies under 25. That said, if I ignore the lyrics, it’s a hot urban song.

8. April 30, 2012 at 9:09 am
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

The song is alright,Rick ross is so unecessary here

I am good wtv it’s not some europop trash

9. April 30, 2012 at 9:21 am
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

10. April 30, 2012 at 10:07 am
    Mad-On-Her says:

I love Climax and this, I just wish I had never heard Scream as it is ruining my excitement for the new album. But regardless this sounds like it’s going to be Usher’s best era since Confessions (which isn’t exactly hard considering what’s been in-between..)
    I just don’t get how he took his eye off the ball long enough to stop being in the premiere league. He has all the ingredients, and he works harder than most What happened?
    It’s not even like he has any real competition anymore except Chris Brown.
    Hopefully he’ll be back on top with this though.
    (Btw, obviously I’m still aware Usher is massive, he just probably isn’t considered one of the top twenty biggest artists in the world at the moment. We’ll see.)

11. April 30, 2012 at 10:13 am
    Nats says:

AKat Rick Ross is always unecessary!

12. April 30, 2012 at 10:19 am
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

THE KING IS BACK MUTHERFUCKERS. :mrgreen:

MY king OF Pop :) !!! best male artist out there at the moment :)

i’m gettin’ this album of course , i have all of his albums ” minus his very first one ” :oops:

h eis pleasing everybody in his fanbase without putting himself inside the box/mold of basic R&s** genre !!!! he give his pop fans ” pop songs” , his dance lovers fans dance songs like ” scream” , and his R&s** fans ” climax and this one” , that’s why i like him :) !!
    versatile and talented :) !! YEAH MAN

13. April 30, 2012 at 10:40 am
    VA STAND UP!! says:

I like it. Much better than that damn ‘Scream’ record. It reminds me so much of ‘Hot Toddy’… I think I like ‘Hot Toddy’ better though. I like that he’s catering to his urban demographic this one around since I think thats the main audience that’s checking for him. The lyrics were kinda week though and the concept is so played out.

Rick Ross wasn’t too impressive though. He’s like Lil Gremlin to me, hit or completely miss. He wasn’t garbage but it just didn’t add anything to the song. Plus I think the Trayvon Martin reference was EXTREMELY tacky. It’s just too soon. Leave it to a rapper to mock a serious situation. SMH.

Anywho, this song is a basic hit but I am still waiting for this ‘revolutionary pop’ sound that he is supposed to be bringing to the table. Haven’t heard it yet.

14. April 30, 2012 at 10:41 am
    B. Hill says:

Definitely better than “Scream,” but I still see Usher as a sell out for going the pop route at all. Used to be a time when he made pop audiences come around to him with his music…now he’s pandering to them for acceptance, and it’s pathetic.

But, again, this is a noticeable improvement over both “Scream” and “Climax.”

15. April 30, 2012 at 10:52 am
    EnRanc says:

Thank God. Now ***this*** sounds like the Usher I know and what. Very reminiscent to his Confessions-era. He can keep that dance-pop s***.

16. April 30, 2012 at 11:08 am
    Philly11 says:

This isht right here! Dopeeee!!

17. April 30, 2012 at 11:12 am
    NT says:

YASS usher this is the Usher we all want , pop usher is good ; but this is the Usher that we all grew to love

18. April 30, 2012 at 11:23 am
    virtuoso intellect says:

i likey …. tihought it was bout to break into motivation at the start though lol

ugh what idiot thought it would be a good idea to put rozay on a s*** joint like this? picturing his face while listening to it, kept puncturing the vibe for me damn!

19. April 30, 2012 at 11:26 am
    virtuoso intellect says:

POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY)

April 30, 2012 at 10:19 am

THE KING IS BACK MUTHERFUCKERS.

MY king OF Pop !!! best male artist out there at the moment

h eis pleasing everybody in his fanbase without putting himself inside the box/mold of basic R&s** genre !!!! he give his pop fans ” pop songs” , his dance lovers fans dance songs like ” scream” , and his R&s** fans ” climax and this one” , that’s why i like him !!
    versatile and talented !! YEAH MAN

—————————————————————————–

cool your pipes, this is not a rihanna post, u can stan for him without all that vindictiveness, u only gonna make the post get ugly. do u rhitards not know a graceful way to function?

20. April 30, 2012 at 11:28 am
    VA STAND UP!! says:

SMH. Some of y’all are just asskissing and know damn well you’re exaggerating. Why would other ‘cats’ have to sit now? Other than ‘Climax’, which he didn’t write, Usher hasn’t brung anything new to the table so far. ‘Scream’, sounded like a basic pop song and ‘Let Me See’ sounds like your average urban club banger. Nothing spectacular. If anything he’s trying to compete with the the younger cats because a man in his 30’s and an almost 20 year career can and should come harder than this.

FYI Usher has NEVER been considered the ‘King of Pop’! Hell, he’s primarily r&b and the few pop songs that he’s done have been basic and sounded like every thing else on the radio. ‘King of Pop’ title still belongs to MJ. If Usher wants to get closer to that title then he has to come harder. ‘Confessions’ was his best album to date and other than ‘There Goes My Baby’, ‘Climax’ and a few other gems in between his last two albums, most of his record have been quick yet forgettable hits.

Usher is a veteran in the game and he still sounds like he’s trying to compete with the young cats. Yeah ‘Confessions’ put him close to that ‘King’ status but y’all keep forgetting that was eight years ago.

21. April 30, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Ron246 says:

@VA Stand UP!! He co wrote climax like he does most of his songs

22. April 30, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    the real xoxo says:

cant wait for the album, some REAL r&b music. he has always been my favourite male r&b artist.

23. April 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    Failure 03 says:

Great song, liked it after my first listen, which wasn’t the case with Scream, DJ Got Us, More (which I still don’t like), Hot Tottie or Lil Freak.

Don’t care about Rick Ross but he’s what’s hot on urban right now. Both Scream and this needed features that actually matter (put Rihanna in Scream) for them to pop out of the rest.

As for his fanbase, I swear the r&b elitists are some of the worst of the bunch out there. I’m actually surprised that he’s still trying to please them after all of his recent r&b stuff flopping despite their quality.

24. April 30, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    Theman says:

You people who claim to love R7b are hypocrites. These artists give you r&b and you don’t buy it. He’s not pandering to pop, he’s bing diverse. Thats what a smart artist does. The reason so many r&b artists are flopping is becaue y;all aren’t buyng their music. Y’all bytch about how muh y’all want it, but don’t o out and uy it. When you’re Ushr you ain’t gottacompee with anyone. Usher is in another league period. Great song.

25. April 30, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    harvey says:

This is not Usher at all. This is not the Usher I know and loved his music. Here lately his music fell off alot. If anyone is the King of R&B it’s R. Kelly whom has dope songs out now. But you don’t see R. Kelly trying to keep up with these young dudes. Oh and Rick Ross brought nothing to the song whatsoever. He was just awful

26. April 30, 2012 at 1:08 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

@Virtuoso :

you won’t tell me how to express my thoughts ….. k ?!! a rihanna stan or not , ugly or not , you will deal ! :mrgreen:

and let me search for a f*** to give to anybody who don’t like what i said.

those are my thoughts ! deal with it !! :)

27. April 30, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    MsThing485 says:

Didn’t need Rick Ross. I wish R&B singers would stop trying to use rent-a-rappers as insurance policies.

28. April 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    mobwife says:

@VA STAND UP!!

Damn, everything you just said! :-)

29. Vote

@VA :

calm down girl , did you see that i typed “MY” incapital letters ?!!

i said MY king of pop , do u see it ?!!

now take a deep breath and smile :) !! and i didn’t say anything about your fav ” which his name will still be un-named just because this post is not about him ”

and tell me who is better than Usher in the male singers/performers/entertainers we are having now ?! i will wait !! and you better give a good answer which will be unbiased since you are in #TB ;)

but now , bye :)

30. April 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    Failure 03 says:

@poproyalty

I think Usher is king right now but Bruno Mars has a lot more constant hits lately. Usher has been stuck trying to find a middle ground within wanting to be continue and be a legend, get more hints or please the most stubborn fans of r&b fans.

31. April 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

@failure :

Usher and bruno mars can not be compared to each other. but yeah , bruno is good :)

man , it is usher we are talking about !! i don’t talk about hits , i talk about being a great entertainer. Bruno is kinda boring TBH.

and nothing wrong in finding a new direction when being an artist ! nothing wrong with experimentation and failing as long as you are learning :)

32. April 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    Failure 03 says:

I like what Usher’s doing lately and u know what he do what he wanna. R&B is a dead genre so I’m amused by how he’s practically trying to grab the attention of people who don’t speak with cash.

His real fans would question his direction but over time accept it or wait for something that they would like. Not bash his direction constantly and b**** about how he sold out. R&B fans aren’t his only demographic now. His London shows sold out way more than any of his US shows and he has a club-going following who listen to his club hits, not his r&b stuff who bought s*** like DJ and OMG.

It’s a question about being relevant. Usher is an icon, he needs to appeal to a broad audience, not just the narrowminded r&b fans who only want 90s r&b.

33. April 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm
    Rez says:

I can dig this song, cause it’s better than Scream.. I think Usher should stick to r&b, cause he does better with that. U the proof is in the billboard chart.. And I can see this song climbin the chart quick like Climax..

34. April 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm
    JohnVidal (RIPWhitney-true great) says:

Sounds good. And the man can sing, not like his competitors

35. April 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm
    Percey500V says:

Everybody talking s***. I wonder how many of you will buy his CD when it drops. I going to be straight up I will not be buying Usher’s CD. His musice seems to be going all over the place. Usher has a nice voice but these songs do nothing for it.

36. April 30, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    Percey500V says:

music

37. April 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm
    L21480 says:

This is more like it, but I’m still mad at him for that “Scream” BS. If the majority of his album sounds like this, I’ll buy it…but if “Scream” has a bunch of little friends on there, then forget it. The Usher I’m a fan of makes music akin to “U Got It Bad,” “Burn” and “Confessions.” f*** Usher doing dance/pop. Go listen to Taio Cruz for that vanilla h** s***.

38. April 30, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    Boopi says:

@Theman
    People who like r&b, like myself, ARE buying it. It’s people who don’t like r&b that are not. And unfortunately people who love and miss r&b are out numbered by people who love dance music.

39. April 30, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    yaya says:

LOL @ some of the comments.

This song is hot and would be hotter if Rozay was not on it. I don’t know if RCA is forcing rappers on artist, cause I still don’t get CB rapping on Brandy’s song? And he ain’t even a rapper lol.

Anyway, this song is hot and I think Usher will bring R&B back as a genre that actually gets major radio play.

40. April 30, 2012 at 7:28 pm
    Renee Lynn says:

I think its a bit soon to be using Trayvon Martin references in songs =/ Rick Ross couldn’t come up with a more clever line? o_O [oh].

41. April 30, 2012 at 7:42 pm
    Amour says:

I have been an Usher fan for years and he never lets me down. I love it. I’m tired of Rick Ross he can have a seat at a Buffet Table somewhere.

42. April 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm
    yeyay says:

SOO MUCH BEtter than that WACKASS SCREAM…My God Scream is Horrible…this is Fire…and Climax is Fire…Scream just sucks soo bad (yuck)

43. April 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm
    SBC19 says:

Usher IS a sellout.

1) Black artists making dance/pop is unbecoming in the first place.

2) Usher didn’t start his career mixing in dance/pop with R&B. From 1995-2008, ALL his music was R&B – w/o a single drop of pop/dance. It wasn’t until after Bieber and after Gaga that suddenly Usher decided to do that s***. For the first 15 years of his career Usher didn’t do pop music at all. So yeah, it IS pandering to what he thinks is popular.

3) Black artists making dance/pop is unbecoming. I can’t stress that enough.

This song is better. It’s classic Usher. It’s remembering who his core audience is and giving them what they want and expect…but I’m still disappointed in him.

44. May 1, 2012 at 2:02 am
    Tbozfan10 says:

Move over Chris Brown and even my favorite Trey Songz. The King is back. You should release your albums at other times lol.

45. May 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm
    Failure 03 says:

@SBC19

Usher’s biggest hit one all time wasn’t straight r&b and it was played at clubs from euro to urban. Also it’s people like u who want to limit artists to a small box who should be blamed for his downfall. He made an album full of r&b twice now and both albums were commercial failure aside from his dance tracks.

Usher is a business man. He’s still providing r&b tracks like Climax which are an instant and classic and I’m actually surprised and glad that he is when he has a much more reliable dance-club following nowadays.

46. May 1, 2012 at 3:34 pm
    carmen says:

love ittt ..love the teflon don

47. May 1, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    Shynlow says:

Good song, i like it.
    & yall please follow me now: http://www.twitter.com/shynlownoam

48. May 22, 2012 at 2:24 am
    kelvin uyo says:

Yeah man i feel u man make it hot i wanna hear more 4rm u south shout 4rm me to ya am a Nigerian gt so much luv 4 ya

49. Vote

[…] on June 19th, the set – which is preceded by singles ‘Ready Aim’, ‘Beautiful’, and ‘Fight For You’, boasts production from the likes of Jerry Wonda (Wyclef Jean, Destiny’s […]

50. Vote

[…] the set – which is preceded by singles ‘Ready Aim’, ‘Beautiful’, and ‘Fight For You’, boasts production from the likes of Jerry Wonda (Wyclef Jean, Destiny’s […]

51. Vote

52. Vote

[…] on September 30th, the set – which is preceded by singles ‘Move In Me’ and ‘If God Is For Us’, boasts production from the likes of  Daniel Weatherspoon (Marvin Winans, […]

53. Vote

[…] on September 30th, the set – which is preceded by singles ‘Move In Me’ and ‘If God Be For Us’, boasts production from the likes of  Daniel Weatherspoon (Marvin Winans, […]

54. Vote