ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

New Song: Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks – ‘Celebrate’

whitney houston celebrate thatgrapejuice New Song: Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks   Celebrate

Before passing away in February, Whitney Houston shot the long awaited musical ‘Sparkle‘, alongside ‘American Idol’ winner Jordin Sparks and ‘Voice’ coach Cee Lo Green.

Hitting theaters August 17th, the movie marks the icon’s last bid as an actress and in turn has given fans what some might call, a parting gift.

A gift, by the way of ‘Celebrate‘, the last song she is known to have recorded.

Listen to R.Kelly penned cut below…

We like, do you?

• May 21, 2012 at 5:19 am
    MaZ says:

She will be missed!

• May 21, 2012 at 5:21 am
    mikediddy says:

I like this!! #TeamWhitney

• May 21, 2012 at 5:28 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

Great song. The music will fit the movie’s theme. It’s a shame Whitney couldn’t really handle the notes as well as times previous; you could never imagine a day when Whitney would be outsung by lesser talented female singer. Her voice really wasn’t in a great condition towards the end. This sounds like a cousin of “Million Dollar Bill” so hopefully it’ll do well on both Dance and RnB Billboard Charts.

Stephen Replied:

You’re right. Anyway, Whitney’s vocal skills couldn’t even be matched by Mariah nor Braxton. Jordin is a competent vocalist, one of the best of her contemporaries(age 25 and below).
    It will be good to someday hear Beyonce cover a Whitney song like “I Have Nothing”, but I can’t imagine Beyonce doing “Greatest Love of All” or “I Will Always Love You”

MOVE ON Replied:

Jesus Christ are we all no over the comparisons? So redundant.

• May 21, 2012 at 5:39 am
    Quan says:

Yessssssssssss this is cute! I need the Itunes link asap! Even though this is not 1992 Whitney its still sounds better than most female vocalist today. With age comes a wiser, gritty, and edgy sounding Whitney which commands your ear. I love this song so much! God I miss Whitney Houston!!!

• May 21, 2012 at 6:26 am
    Oh Baby (b****** Will Deal) says:

very cute and catchy…..im listening to it for the second time! ;)

• May 21, 2012 at 7:04 am
    Sasha says:

Love it!!!!! Can’t imagine a better message. Whitney’s first recording was a song called “Life’s A Party”. Her final song is called “Celebrate”.

Let’s celebrate. We love u Whitney.

• May 21, 2012 at 7:06 am
    NippyWeloveU says:

I’m gonna give you a reason
    Why you should clap your hands and jump for joy
    There’s something we can believe in
    Now that the rain is gone we’re gonna dance in a rainbow

• May 21, 2012 at 7:09 am
    number1 says:

Love the 70s’ disco sound to it

This is really bittersweet.

• May 21, 2012 at 7:12 am
    bing says:

Nice! It doesn’t have the classic Whitney sound, but if it comes out tomorrow I will buy it. Just for Whitney.

RIP Whitney. So many legends lost this year.

• May 21, 2012 at 7:16 am
    seisha says:

We’re gonna dance on the rainbow ooow oowww owww owww
    Dooo dooo doo

Love that part

[...] Source Share/Bookmark [...]

• May 21, 2012 at 8:06 am
    H. says:

This site did not do the song justice. I went to singersroom.com and as soon as I clicked on the song’s click it sounded so came much crisper and better. It sounds dull here

• May 21, 2012 at 8:18 am
    mobwife says:

I like it It’s cute and happy for a change!

• May 21, 2012 at 8:58 am
    Jessica says:

This song had brought me into tears, Whitney sounded so happy, it’s really bittersweet that she’s gone now. I’m very proud of R.Kelly for producing this song, this is the best quality song I’ve heard in a long time. R.I.P. Whitney- we love you!!!

• May 21, 2012 at 9:05 am
    RoyalKev says:

Whitney’s voice always had so much presence from the beginning til the end of her career. In this recording it may not showcase the perfect pitched, technically brillant Whitney of her 20′s and 30′s prime, but it’s the raw, emotionally honest vocals, that with so much character that shine through in a woman that was approaching 50 that STILL was head and shoulders above any of her peers in her lane (or any singer with a career with her kind of endurance and influence). Whitney’s the voice, period! Jordin sounds incredible and it was refreshing to hear someone like her honor Whitney last night at the Billboard awards. The song is so joyful. Love that Whitney ended on this note!

• May 21, 2012 at 9:47 am
    johnvidal(rip whitney-truegreat) says:

Oh Whitney… you´ll live forever in music lovers hearts

virtuoso intellect Replied:

no thanks to and your immense negativity though

• May 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    Bey Fan says:

loves it……loves it…..and loves it….

• May 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm
    Adrian says:

If this comes out tomorrow I will definitely be buying this! Leave it to these two beautiful artists to make a song like this that can make you feel so good! It’s got a great classic vibe to it, but it sounds fresh. Jordin is singing her ass off!

We love you Nippy :) Thank you for everything you’ve given us and will continue to give us. We feel your presense here still so strong!

I can’t wait to hear what else the Sparkle soundtrack will have to offer. I about died when I first saw the preview at the movies during “Think Like A Man!” lol

• May 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm
    danny b says:

@MOVE ON

Jesus Christ are we all no over the comparisons? So redundant.
    __________________________________________________

YES. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

But i wish everyone would stop stating the obvious and just let the song be great, which is what it is. Yea we know her voice wasnt how it was 10 years ago. And though she might have had more factors that attributed to her change in voice, most artists/legends/powerhouses never sound the same as they did in there prime. So just get over it and appreciate that this is the last of THE VOICE that we’ll get to hear. She still sounded better than most “singers” in today’s industry. Not to mention, as someone said before, the presence in her voice is unmatched by ANY vocalist, whether she’s hitting a note or not.

sidenote: The “We love you Whitney” Jordin snuck in in the end had me in tears.

We do love you Whitney and this song will continue your legacy and we will forever Celebrate you.

• May 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm
    diamond says:

I read the comments before listening and I thought some of you were lying but you actually gave good opinions.

I am saying this as a Whitney fan who felt she lost her vocal abilities. This song is better than I expected it to be. I like it and I thinkall Whtneys fans should buy this single.

• May 22, 2012 at 2:45 am
    Jasmine says:

I hope Whitney’s label releases a new album soon with unreleased material from the late 80s and early 90s.

• May 22, 2012 at 2:57 pm
    Tru Voice says:

YES!!!! Love Whitney. Let us Celebrate Her Life and Legacy.

[...] ‘Celebrate’ may serve as the final song Whitney Houston recorded, yet it’s thankfully not the last of her new material. [...]

• July 11, 2012 at 1:47 pm
    Shawn Jones says:

I liked the song but i heard Sparkles, R. Kelly’s previous protege, new song and i like it better for the movie. http://soundcloud.com/isparklei/sobad