Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Whitney Houston Album Due This Fall

whitney houston 123 New Whitney Houston Album Due This Fall

With today marking the birthday of the late, great Whitney Houston, fans still mourning the singer have been gifted a treat of their own.

For moments ago it was announced that a new album from the icon (who passed away in February) is being cooked up for release nearer the end of the year.

Details after the jump…

According to Billboard, the as yet untitled set will be “hits compilation” - the first collection to span her entire career and the first include the traditional versions of her biggest Billboard smashes.

Many will be scratching their heads due to the fact that ‘Whitney: The Greatest Hits’ was released in 2000 – and did indeed include the hits which cruised her to legendary status.

However, the US version of the 36-track set (which has sold 2.6 million copies domestically – 900k of that being this year alone) traded familiar versions of tracks such as ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’ and ‘So Emotional’ for Dance mixes.

It is believed that the new set will rectify the “wrongs” of its predecessor, beefing up the track-list with material from the star’s final album, 2009′s Platinum seller ‘I Look To You’.

**********

Sigh. Yet another posthumous compilation.

Even from a business standpoint; surely material that didn’t make ‘I Look To You’ or her more recent albums such as ‘Just Whitney’ and ‘My Love Is Your Love’ should not just be “a” priority, but “the” priority?

Her existing Greatest Hits effort (which earns the honour of being this year’s 4th best selling album) is performing exceptionally as it is, hence why rush out another when – from our standpoint – there isn’t demand? In the meanwhile, unheard “recent” material stays growing older and less current with each day it’s left in the vault.

In any case, we hope those piecing together the new project conjure up something compelling for a fanbase that have been fiercely loyal to their idol – and deserve to be “rewarded” for it.

• August 9, 2012 at 3:13 pm
    Alexander says:

The Sparkle Movie & Soundtrack should out sale most, Aug 17th expect sales to reach its roof top.
    R. Kelly is and was the only one trying to keep her relevant and Whitney music will always be felt and cherished forever..

R&B is on life support

• August 9, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    Just Google Kelsnetwork and see what happens! says:

CURRENT STATE 1.*Remembers how great Whitney was*, 2.*Puts on headphone and jams to I will always love you in honour of her birthday* 3. *Gets emotional and hopes her new album will have have unreleased material* 4. * Googles Kelsnetwork* 5.*Hopes everyone likes this comment*

• August 9, 2012 at 3:32 pm
    PrettigurlrockD says:

My my. An Aaliyah album now a Whitney album. We are gonna have an overload of good music from great singers. Well I hope so. And it’s too bad it’s the last we will hear from the divas. But at least with all the good music coming from pink, gaga, Mariah Carey, brandy…we ate heading into the right direction and finally overrated ppl on the radio like nicki and Rihanna can be drowned out. :D

Benron (Frank SideHoeShit is whack) Replied:

Shutup you hoe!

BEYFLOP EXIT STAGE LEFT!! AND TAKE YOUR 2 CAMELS WIT CHA!! Replied:

I LOVE MY WHITNEY AND AALIYAH!!! ILL TAKE THEM OVER RIHANNA OR BEYFLOP ANYDAY!!! ILL LEAVE THE NAVY FOR MY WHITNEY!!!!!

• August 9, 2012 at 3:42 pm
    KingBey says:

First The 2nd bestselling album of the year, Now This?
    You Better f****** SLAY Whitney, Even From The Dead.

BEYFLOP EXIT STAGE LEFT!! AND TAKE YOUR 2 CAMELS WIT CHA!! Replied:

I LOVE YOUR COMMENT!!!! WHITNEY WILL ALWAYS BE A WIG SNATCHER!!!

• August 9, 2012 at 3:42 pm
    JER says:

Whatever. EVERY Greatest Hits that comes out is a f*** up. They are ALWAYS missing essential songs and have the tracklisting all f***** up and in no order, and i’m sure some of the songs will still be radio or single edits so CHILE PLEASE

• August 9, 2012 at 4:15 pm
    Adrian says:

On Feb 12th I bought the International Version of the Greatest Hits (“The Essential Whitney Houston”) which includes the original versions of the songs. I’ve had the US version with the remixes for so long that the disc is scratched and damaged…

Do they think noone owns a computer with access to Amazon like I do? I’m glad they are righting their wrongs, but like “Samantha” stated earlier, there isn’t a demand for another hits compilation. Unless there are amazing photos and cover art in there then I won’t be buying because I already own the Int’l version…I had to wait for it to ship from Germany but it was well worth the wait. I’m sure there are plenty other fans who found the Int’l version and bought it versus being an idiot and buying the US version that all the stores rushed to get on the front shelves.

On the other hand, maybe this will re-introduce Whitney to an audience that didn’t know her before because some people have never heard songs like “I Love The Lord” and “I Believe In You and Me.” I could spend hours..scratch that..DAYS on YouTube watching her performances and listening to old gems.

Songs to check for:
    “Just The Lonely Talking Again”
    “Where You Are”
    “America The Beautiful”
    “Call You Tonight”
    “I Go To The Rock”
    “Hold On, Help Is On The Way”
    “Thinking About You”
    “We Didn’t Know” (featuring Stevie Wonder)

JER Replied:

You better go in Ms. Adrian took the damn words right out my mouth

BEYFLOP EXIT STAGE LEFT!! AND TAKE YOUR 2 CAMELS WIT CHA!! Replied:

SHE IS UNTOUCHABLE AS FAR AS MUSIC AND TALENT GOES AND SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!! I HATE BOBBY BROWN!!! I WISH WHITNEY(MY IDOL) NEVER MET HIS ASS!!!!

• August 9, 2012 at 4:17 pm
    Benron (Frank SideHoeShit is whack) says:

@PRETTYGIRLFLOPPED

SHUT DE f*** UP! Im giving you are critisizing Rated R singing RIHANNA to praise “another day, another gimmick” Lady FLOPGA. Take you obsessions and shove them up the charts so they can make like nothing HAIRY HILSON releases!

I dont even like Nicki BUT KEEP HER OUT YOUR MOUTH ASWELL! DONT LIKE? Dont listen and find YOUR LAZY ASS a new STATION!

• August 9, 2012 at 4:23 pm
    Benron (Frank SideHoeShit is whack) says:

ALSO SHE IS DEAD! WHY ARE WE RELEASING ALBUMS FROM CORPSES? THEY CANT RECORD s***? WHO WANTS TO HEAR SONGS THAT THE ARTIST WOULDNT RELEASE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

• August 9, 2012 at 4:23 pm
    DOB says:

why do fans always want unreleased material from the past? they didn’t make the album for a reason! they weren’t strong enough for the albums they were recorded for years ago — what makes you think people will want to hear them now?

• August 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    Viciousss says:

I’m left scratching my head as to why this is necessary but whatever..:so log as ts just a greatest hits compilation.

• August 9, 2012 at 5:01 pm
    Back2Business says:

Damn can she rest in peace for a year? Greedy ass record executives tryna make money off Whitney’s name, but no one stepped in for her in her time of need! This Industry, better yet this world we live in is f***** up!

• August 9, 2012 at 5:34 pm
    Casual says:

I’m a huge Whitney Houston fan and hope there is a new Whitney album this year or next year, but I hope the material doesn’t sound dated. Dated material is a problem that could be easily rectified by having current producers update the tracks or create new tracks to match Whitney’s vocals.

• August 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm
    Eric says:

I want to see a remastered version for “So Emotional”. That particular song is one of my favorites, but it sounds like an outdated tape recording.

• August 9, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    TheMan4U says:

material that didnt make previous albums doesnt necessarily mean its not good.
    I just wish they would give us the live album she should have released when she was alive

JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) Replied:

Wow yes if Whitney was the best in HISTORY at something that was at live vocal performances. Legendary

• August 9, 2012 at 7:55 pm
    BEYFLOP EXIT STAGE LEFT!! AND TAKE YOUR 2 CAMELS WIT CHA!! says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!! YOU ARE THE BEST FEMALE VOCALIST OF OUR TIME!! GOD TOOK YOU TO SOON!!! TELL MICHAEL JACKSON I SAID I MISS HIM TOO AND MARVIN GAYE PAC BIGGIE AND JAM MASTER J!!! I HAVE EVERY SONG YOU DID I YOUR WHOLE CAREER!!! THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SONGBIRD GOD!!!YOU MUSIC OR LEGACY WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

• August 9, 2012 at 8:41 pm
    Real Talk says:

BOOTLEG
    the industry will not live off my dollars with Dead Whitney so they can enjoy their lives in Malibu, don’t be fooled, don’t support any of this posthumous stuff, support the Bootleging Brother, he needs the money more than those greedy mofos

• August 9, 2012 at 9:37 pm
    China says:

#HappyBirthdayWhitneyHouston
    They need to release unreleased songs along with live performances of her greatest hits. This will be the only album I will buy this year if its actually new.
    Love you WHITNEY

• August 9, 2012 at 11:46 pm
    Tbozfan10 says:

The sad thing is that people it will sell alot more than her records were selling the decade before her death. I hate the fact that when an icon passes, people who weren’t caring about them before they died all rush out and buy their CDs. Why didn’t you support them when they were alive??

• August 10, 2012 at 1:24 am
    MRDIVABITCH says:

Instead they should release a live CD of Whitney in her prime, during her 1985 tour!

• August 10, 2012 at 4:32 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Whitney girl… I have no words. Legendary is what you are. But a true legendary singer, not what people call legendary left and right nowadays
    Best vocalist on stage EVER hands down