Chris Brown Talks Ariana Grande Duet…And Why It Was Scrapped

chris-brown-ariana-grande-thatgrapejuice

As two of today’s top names in music, Chris Brown and Ariana Grande delighted their respective army of fans when they announced duet ‘Don’t Be Gone Too Long’.

However, confusion set in when the release was suddenly scrapped and the track appeared on Brown’s album ‘X’ without Grande’s vocals.

The situation was rendered all the more puzzling when the earlier shot video for the cut was premiered in a “leaked” capacity shortly.

Clearing up the clutter, 25-year-old Breezy sat down with Extra‘s Mario Lopez recently and revealed the real reason for the switch-up: label drama.

Peep the interview below, which also sees the singer dish on penning Jennifer Lopez’s Billboard hit ‘Booty’

Unfortunate. Here’s hoping Chris and Ariana re-team in the near future. We feel their respective styles compliment each other handsomely.

Sponsored

1. December 31, 2014 at 1:39 pm
    Mark111 says:
    +18

I always found it weird that in the biz, you don’t see many Black male and White female interact sexually. But you seen it the other way around (Aaliyah in both of her films, JT and Ciara, Rihanna and Coldplay etc.) If you do, they’ll be apart in the video like Grande’s love me harder and Katy Perry’s Dark Horse. That’s why I think this video never came out (or was pushed), same with Gaga’s Do What You Want. You think the Janet and JT thing would ever even gotten close if it was Britney and Usher?

• December 31, 2014 at 2:16 pm
      Tyler says:

Good Point!

• December 31, 2014 at 2:50 pm
      Grande The Way says:

It can be found with black male artists and white video girls but they usually get heat for it (see The Weeknd’s video for Often). Ariana Grande isn’t white though

• December 31, 2014 at 3:06 pm
      Realest says:

I mean but if you REALLY think about it there really haven’t been many black males that would mesh well with the s*** females. Before Ariana Grande the only chicks of Caucasian decent I can think of that did r&b-ish type music was Fergie, who did have really any sexual type songs and Pink who didn’t really either and then switched to rock. I guess you could put Xtina A in there but she is a bit all over the place with her album genres so idk if she counts. The rest of the white girls were basically just bubble him pop, country, alternative etc. In retrospect besides Usher, and now corny ass Jason derulo, no male black artist were pop and none of Ushers sexual songs were pop so I don’t see where the two would actually mesh well. I’m sure theres probably a few exceptions but speaking more generally the black male artists have more so stuck to r&b whilst white females are mainstream pop. And remember it’s really only been in the recent years that it was cute for an artist who wasn’t mainstream to go mainstream without being called a “sellout”.

2. December 31, 2014 at 1:39 pm
    DanYiel Teflon says:

Actually a nice Duet they made together & I like their style of voice…

3. December 31, 2014 at 1:52 pm
    I STAN(D) FOR TALENT says:
    +10

‘X’ was the shiit. but I hated this song. It was clearly made for the European market. I like this guy’s music. Chris always gives a us a different sound and a high level of creativity.

4. December 31, 2014 at 2:45 pm
    Grande The Way says:

I kinda figured that was the reason why. It’s too bad they didn’t release it later on when their schedules coincided. I like the song.

5. December 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm
    Stephy says:

He so fine!

6. December 31, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    asa says:

put simply, his brand does not match her’s and where she’s going

7. December 31, 2014 at 3:39 pm
    KING RIH says:

“As two of today’s top names in music”

8. December 31, 2014 at 3:42 pm
    Paulo says:

Her team knows better plain and simple

9. December 31, 2014 at 4:28 pm
    NENE says:

Chris brown fcukk me pls… she is so danm s***.

• December 31, 2014 at 4:30 pm
      NENE says:

He

10. December 31, 2014 at 4:40 pm
    nakiyah says:

He is so damn fine!!!!!

11. December 31, 2014 at 4:57 pm
    coolness says:

This interview is quite old. I wonder why this footage is just coming out now? X really won me back as a listener but this is my least favourite song on the album. However, I do think with the right promotion and the support of Chris and Ariana’s dedicated fanbases, it could have been a hit.