Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Hot Shots: Drake Tributes Aaliyah…With A Tattoo

drake aaliyah tattoo e1324907229536 Hot Shots: Drake Tributes Aaliyah...With A Tattoo

Aaliyah‘s untimely death aged 22 in 2001 left the Urban community in shock. And while the masses have since coped with the loss by celebrating her legacy, Hip-Hop heavyweight Drake has opted to immortalise the singer on his body.

Spotted playing tennis with basketball star Carmelo Anthony, Drizzy (in the white headband) inadvertently revealed his latest ink work. Check it out after the jump…

Peep his back…

drake Aaliyah tattoo e1324907241608 Hot Shots: Drake Tributes Aaliyah...With A Tattoo
aaliyah drake e1324907254379 Hot Shots: Drake Tributes Aaliyah...With A Tattoo

WOW. Although, his love for Ms. Houghton isn’t new news.

In an open letter to the late starlet, the Canadian recently wrote:

“Dear Dana,” Drake begins, referring to the singer by her middle name. “I’ve never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life. I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed.”

{Source}

Randomness: Drake recently lashed out at the tattoo artist who inked his name on a fan’s forehead.

• December 26, 2011 at 9:28 am
    Carl Neufville says:

He’s suchhhhh a weirdo. Idc what anyone says.

• December 26, 2011 at 9:30 am
    gee says:

just stupid! didnt a fan of drake just tat their forehed ?

• December 26, 2011 at 9:48 am
    bey'knight says:

Aaliyah’s features are stunning gosh and she was only just blossomin into the full bloom of her beauty. RIP babygirl

Drake is settin his own path. by now yall should know he’s not the 2nd comin of your conventional “hiphop heavyweight”. the tattoo is a bit too much if u ask me but hey, thats just me. i think im still reeling from my indulgence

• December 26, 2011 at 10:08 am
    CRE8TIVEi says:

UMMMMMM IS ALL I CAN SAY LOL!

• December 26, 2011 at 10:29 am
    ? says:

is that his d*ck on the main picture?

• December 26, 2011 at 10:33 am
    meme says:

What wrong with this young man?! lol

• December 26, 2011 at 10:34 am
    voneeluv says:

lame……..

• December 26, 2011 at 10:38 am
    TheTruth says:

I don’t see Carmelo

• December 26, 2011 at 10:39 am
    NAUDISWEET (Xtina Stan) says:

He’s so damn strange, I mean he never even met her.

• December 26, 2011 at 10:39 am
    b**** PLEASE says:

I DIDN’T REALISED HE WAS SUCH A BIG FAN TO GO TO THIS EXTENT BUT THEN AGAIN IT AALIYAH BITHCES!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

• December 26, 2011 at 10:42 am
    jennifer says:

Drake is creepy

• December 26, 2011 at 10:48 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

I LOVE Aaliyah and his tributes to her are the only reason why I even remember Drake’s name, he helps to keep her memory and legacy alive…

And of course the tatoo is an OTT decision, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t expect any OTT stuff from him.He probably had a crush on her :wink:

• December 26, 2011 at 10:50 am
    jill says:

This is not cool at all, didn’t he just talk about his fan that got the tattoo. Drake is very creepy. I can understand being a fan BUT this is just out right creepy. He seriously needs help!!

• December 26, 2011 at 10:50 am
    NICK says:

it’s cute, Aaliyah is def an artist to remember -

• December 26, 2011 at 11:27 am
    Chet says:

I mean, who really cares? People get tattoos of icons all the time like Biggie, Pac, Marilyn Monroe, etc. This is no different. She’s obviously “a positive motivating force” within his life when it comes through his music, so chill. Let it be. And it’s not like he got her tattooed on his damn forehead. That would be a different story lol.

• December 26, 2011 at 11:59 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Lovely, good tribute.
    R.I.P. Aaliyah!

• December 26, 2011 at 11:59 am
    MISHKA says:

He got a tattoo of Aaliyah on his f*cking back .

I mean, yes we all miss her but let’s be clear she was not a legend already when she passed away so … a tattoo of her face though? And we heard about this days only after Timbaland confessed he was in love with her. What part of the game is this?

I don’t care what nobody says, AUBREY IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A SANE PERSON. This morosity around his persona, the fact that he loves every girl he meets (Rihanna, Nicki, Serena) including a dead person (Aaliyah), something smells creepy around him.

Like I heard people say, don’t get caught up in a n*gga moment, Drake. You’re chasing waterfalls, you’re playing with fire. This is not going to end well.

• December 26, 2011 at 12:14 pm
    Those That Cannot Do, Stan says:

Uh….no. No. No. N-O. No. I think people make too much of Aaliyah to be honest, she was awesome but…yeah, not the end all-be all. As for this, straight foolishness.

He didn’t know her. A tattoo is a creepy way to remember someone, ESPECIALLY a face tat and on his back…rolls eyes.

• December 26, 2011 at 12:57 pm
    pop royalty ( BIRTHDAY CAKE ) says:

and ….. ?!!

how is this tributing her ?!

SMH ! i can’t with this kids BS :x

• December 26, 2011 at 1:04 pm
    Carl says:

Haughton* not Houghton Sam lol

• December 26, 2011 at 1:57 pm
    Onyx says:

I used to have a crush on her in my teen days, to me she was one of the most beautiful women in the world. A lots celebrities tributes her idols with a tattoo, Megan Fox have a tattoo of Marilyn Monroe, i have a crush on her too oh! i still have a crush on her, she was the beauty in person.

• December 26, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    Yellow Gorillah says:

Aaliyah was one of the most beautiful girls to come out into the industry and she still is the most beautiful…

Drake is just LAME…I don’t use him there is just something about him that just robs me the wrong way.

And Aaliyah is a RNB Legend please let’s not come for her legacy the girl died way to young she just began and no one knows what she could have done if she was still with is

R.I.P Baby girl

Drake is still lame to me

*Sips Monkey Juice*

• December 26, 2011 at 2:08 pm
    Army of queen Aaliyah & Lil kim says:

Awww That Is Cute, I Would Rather Him IDOLIZE Aaliyah (Someone With ACTUAL Talent) Than Gimmick Minaj And Rihanna !

To The People That Say Aaliyah Wasn’t A “Legend” Well She Is One To The Urban Community, She Is Called The Princess Of R&B Or The QUEEN Of URBAN Pop For Nothing So Have A Seat!

• December 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm
    Keyta says:

Haughton not Houghton.

• December 26, 2011 at 3:31 pm
    WHUT says:

His backhand form is a flop.

• December 26, 2011 at 4:19 pm
    Princess Of Darkness says:

Megan Fox never met Marilyn Monroe. Alot of people got MJ tattoos (especially celebrities), and they they never met him, or probably didn;t even know he existed.

Now all he needs to do is get a portrait of Rihanna on his d!ck.

His d!ck wants RiRi, but his heart wants Aaliyah.

• December 26, 2011 at 6:39 pm
    leo says:

RIP Aaliyah
    just saw a cool video of t pain , kelly rowland and weezy in africa at http://bit.ly/otCOIh

• December 26, 2011 at 10:56 pm
    Junior in Jamaica says:

OK CAPITAL WEIRD.COM.

REALLY DRAKE? REALLY? GETTING AN AALIYAH TATTOO WILL NOT RAISE YOUR STREET CRED!

LOVE HIS MUSIC BUT FIND HER PERSONA UBER STRANGER!

• December 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm
    Junior in Jamaica says:

OOPS TYPO ALERT?

HIS* persona
    Uber STRANGE*

Typing way too fast!

• December 27, 2011 at 12:35 am
    YAAAS BOO! says:

Drake, you’re such a f**.

• December 27, 2011 at 1:23 am
    Dev says:

I think he needs to keep his top on…..

• December 27, 2011 at 8:17 am
    Daryl D.Mo Morante says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKKchvx7ZBg WATCH MY TRIBUTE TO AALIYAH! Real talk… please watch!

• December 28, 2011 at 11:13 am
    swagg says:

i know i might be late on this post lol but you young bums need to quit throwing shade at greatness its the same thing u do to kim just because nicki is current.. obviously Aaliyah isnt here anymore so she isnt making music to stay relevant but too say she want that big or didnt have that big an impact is baseless claims..everybody acts like beyonce is the pinnacle of success but she still hasnt sold as many worldwide records as Aaliyah (in her solo career)with all those grammies yall love to talk about :)

• December 28, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    @4evermelvin says:

my favorite unreleased Brandy songs Drake wrote are Freedom, List, one thing, porcelain doll, believer, too little too late (solo), stand back, maximum risk, bet u didnt know, and feels so good oh and today

[...] on the svelte physique, but those tattoo’s (Aaliyah one included). [...]

[...] her face on his back in her honor, this week saw him hint at a duet between the pair during his recent trip to the [...]