Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Katy Perry’s ‘Dark Horse’ Gallops To #1

katy perry that grape juice she is diva that grape juice tv 1 Katy Perrys Dark Horse Gallops To #1

As Shakira swoops down and sits on the tree that is #6, Katy Perry storms through Pop’s forest on the hunt for higher ground today, riding the digital beast that is her Urban number ‘Dark Horse.’

Looking for good news?

Knock on the door below and say we sent you…

After peaking at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100, ‘Horse’ hops, skips and jumps over releases spawned by Rihanna, Lady GaGa, Beyonce and Ke$ha and now grazes at #1 on iTunes USA!

Platinum in New Zealand and peaking at #21 in the UK, the Juicy J- backed ‘Horse’ comes courtesy of Perry’s fourth studio album ‘Prism‘, now certified Platinum in the United States and saw her acquire the largest first week sales figure for a female artist in 2013 thanks to the 286,000 fans who purchased it in the market.

However, thanks to the 617,213 units moved by Beyonce‘s self-titled new set in the first three days of its release, the performer no longer holds the enviable record.

• January 15, 2014 at 6:27 am
    FutureCIARA says:

SLAYTY PERRY!!!!

I just wish she work on that stage presence now and bring her performance up to par!

• January 15, 2014 at 6:28 am
    Vee says:

Coming for Rihannas singles wig with less songs!

• January 15, 2014 at 6:31 am
    *ℙᏫℙ ℝᏫᎩAℒᎿᎩ* says:

CONGRATULATIONS KATY PERRY. :D

Loved This Song Since She released it before “PRISM”.

So Happy for her And Can’t Wait for That Music Video.

• January 15, 2014 at 6:56 am
    FAF says:

Congrats! Its one of my faves off that album.. I really like “How We Do” & hope she makes a vid for it

• January 15, 2014 at 7:03 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

I want ‘Walking on Air’ as single.

• January 15, 2014 at 7:12 am
    tits mcgee says:

good. the track is a good one.

• January 15, 2014 at 7:18 am
    Mrs. Stephy Tha Blondie says:

Good Job Katy Perry.

You betta catch up with that Rihanna girl…

Anyways, Hi Paul!

• January 15, 2014 at 7:23 am
    @Jeeharris says:

DOPE SONG! But the perfomance suck AF! girl WTF

• January 15, 2014 at 7:27 am
    RoyalKev says:

Wow, congrats Katy! Looks like she’s the Hot 100 Queen!

• January 15, 2014 at 7:29 am
    Brazilian Yoncé!!! says:

I got an eye of a Tiger! Roar is timeless tbh

• January 15, 2014 at 7:30 am
    Mrs. Stephy Tha Blondie says:

Ok, so I watched that performance of DARK HORSE…

Whats up with all these young girls sounded terrible live. Beyonce seems to be the only woman who can sound better live than on record.

When you are in your 20s you are in your prime & some of your best performances are suppose to happen. Rihanna & Katy be sounding horrible & they are only 20 something!!!

The same can be said about Justin Bieber, Seleena Golmez, Nicki Minaj & many other youngsters that are in their primes sounding like complete s*** live.

Interesting… Katy Perry get it together… You can be better than Rihanna imo…

• January 15, 2014 at 7:31 am
    Brazilian Yoncé!!! says:

Katy perry is beautiful!! hope her tour comes to Brazil

• January 15, 2014 at 7:34 am

She coming for that iconic red wig. With HER OWN songs

#TrueSinglesQueen

Ima marry her oneday

• January 15, 2014 at 7:46 am
    Mrs. Stephy Tha Blondie says:

Oh No!!!

Did you guys hear about Mae Young. She was a legendary wrestler for the WWE. I loved her & she was so funny.

Anyways, Rest In Peace Mae Young!!!

WWE FAN FOREVER!!!!

• January 15, 2014 at 7:49 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Stephy
    Hi babe!

• January 15, 2014 at 8:08 am
    Mother says:

Good for her, love the song. That performance was embarrassing though, watching her trying to be urban was so cringe. Her voice and stage presence ain’t saying much either tbh.

• January 15, 2014 at 8:23 am
    Bey Fan says:

I like Katy. And Dark Horse is the s***… love that joint. Congrats.

Now this live performance…. that wasn’t good.

• January 15, 2014 at 8:42 am
    FutureCIARA says:

I agree with @Suicide again

WOW thats twice in a 24hr period…..

I agree her next single after DH should be #WalkingOnAir…..

The video should give very reminiscent of the 90′s!!! It would be hot!

• January 15, 2014 at 8:48 am
    FutureCIARA says:

The performance for #WALKING ON AIR @ SNL was DOPE!!!

I think thats the best I have ever seen Katy on a performance tip.

Im glad she’s atleast putting in effort and progress into her live vocals and actually executing choreo….. Unlike her Bajan contemporary.

#NoTeas

• January 15, 2014 at 8:56 am
    Navy Commander says:

This is the only song I liked off her album

• January 15, 2014 at 8:57 am
    Navy Commander says:

Do you really have to find a way to tie Beyonce into every post?

• January 15, 2014 at 9:06 am
    Lovebird says:

Congrats Katy.

• January 15, 2014 at 9:13 am
    Mrs. Stephy Tha Blondie says:

How dare somebody thumbs down my comments about Mae Youngs death…

I wish Sam would allow people to see who is thumbing down comments so I can drag their asses

• January 15, 2014 at 9:19 am
    Navy Commander says:

But what is Ciara doing to progress her live vocals?

Rihanna’s last performance was iconic and one of the best of her career.

What about Ciara?

Worry about your own fave before you come for others faves.

• January 15, 2014 at 9:24 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

@stephy
    LOL

About Dark Horse: it´s the best song on that album. But can anyone explain to me why it has been climbing again these last few weeks? Is it officially the new single or something? Or has it appeared in a commercial? Just asking. Cos the single was Unconditionally and that went nowhere.
    I agree with everybody saying this girl can´t sing live btw.

• January 15, 2014 at 9:58 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

@John
    So according to you Mariah’s ‘Beautiful’ was a success (#15 Billboard Hot 100), how ‘Unconditionally’ went nowhere when it peaked at #14 on the Billboard Hot 100.

• January 15, 2014 at 10:02 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

@FutureCiara

• January 15, 2014 at 10:24 am
    carrolskcx says:

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
    —————- BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g————. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxzvxzv

• January 15, 2014 at 10:54 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

@suicide
    hmm are we talking about #beautiful now? lol Is Mariah is her 20s?
    We are talking about a person whose success is based on singles and usually tops those charts right now. It wasn´t shade at all, just asking why Dark Horse is so high now when the single was that other one.
    Anyway, #beautiful was kind of a moderate hit for a woman like Mariah, same way it would have been for Madonna. Don´t know if you had a dream where I was saying #beautiful was a monster hit or something :)

• January 15, 2014 at 10:59 am
    Slayty (Queen sitting on her throne at #1) says:

@LoveBird
    I thought Katy wasn’t going to see another #1 this era though? I thought her chart reign had ended? So much for that.

Congrats to Katy!! This will be the 9th #1 single! The best part is that the video hasn’t dropped yet so I expect a long run. Not going to lie, that iHeartRadio set was a mess. Katy didn’t know what to do when Juicy J was rapping lmao. She needs to redeem herself at the Grammys. If she nails it there Dark Horse has potential to be her longest reigning #1. Especially since there isn’t any competition.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:02 am
    Slayty (Queen sitting on her throne at #1) says:

@FutureCiara
    Walking on Air on SNL was literally everything. Katy doesn’t have a dancing bone in her body but when she learns some choreography and does it well it’s amazing. Since Dark Horse was a promo single made to an official due to popularity, we might see the same happen to WOA.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:16 am
    Mrs. Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Miguel’s “Beautiful” FEATURING Mariah Carey was a success. It sold over 2 million singles. But the song didn’t reach its full potential due to Mariah’s terrible performances & unlikable behavior.

She is flopping because of her not her music quality.

The Art OF Letting Go & Beautiful were both better songs than Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Love” but Madonna knows how to work a terrible song. That horrible song became Madonna 100000 top 10 single…

• January 15, 2014 at 11:19 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

@John
    Learn how to Express Yourself honey, Mariah and Madonna had top 20 hits in their prime too, a top 20 hit is still a hit.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:26 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

@Stephy
    I’m not shading Mariah, i just think John is very unfair to Pop artists.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:27 am
    BEYONCÉ says:

Her and Rihanna suck. Their songs are basic and they can’t sing or perform live to save their lives. But congrats to the $1.29 queens.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:30 am
    The Brooklyn Bombshell says:

I actually like this song beat is a little annoying but I let it rock when it comes on the radio while I’m driving. Go Katy.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:31 am
    Common Sense says:

Lord what are those screechy dying cat yodels Katy calls vocals???

• January 15, 2014 at 11:54 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

@suicide
    can´t you understand I wasn´t shading? I was asking why Dark Horse is doing so good now while the official single didn´t do specially good. It was clear in my first comment.

But if you want me to shde her: Katy Perry can´t sing and her music could be released by Disney stars, not an almost 30 years old woman (Dark Horse would be an exception).

• January 15, 2014 at 11:59 am
    Kyle says:

Congrats. Not Gaga giving Nelly Furtado teas selling 9k this week after just two months in.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:07 pm
    LTM says:

@JohnVidal
    As a Gaga fan, your opinion on musical maturity is invalid. Prism was praised by critics by being her most mature album to date. Applause sounds like it belongs on the Shake It Up soundtrack. Have several seats with that tired “Disney” shade.

Dark Horse is set to be Katys 9th #1 single. Very proud of her. Like a fan mentioned above, there hasn’t even been any real major promo or a video yet. I’m actually very excited for the video. This whole era has been more toned down from the Teenage Dream era including the videos. But based on the pics from the set swirling around the internet this will be an interesting video.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:13 pm
    dark horse says:

Yes Katy slay!!!!! This song is doing so well without a video its such a dope song hope she’s performing this on the Grammys.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:24 pm
    Mark111 says:

iTunes? Oh ok.

I was surprised that it was #6 om BB Hot 100 tho.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm
    dark horse says:

Johndival is so upset that Katy is doing much better then Gaga this era Lmao face it people love Katy more then that trash Gaga.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

It´s hilarious that one was only asking something and the same pressed less talented artists stans can´t stop until you shade their faves. I think they just like it.
    Gaga had nothing to do with my comment or my question.
    And to some of these comments: Katy has not been praised critically. Stop it. I even remember 90% of the comments in this blog saying Applause was better than Roar when both debuted, thing is Katy is flavour of the moment and Gaga is not, no matter the material anyone releases, it´s all about hype more than ever in nowadays singles oriented industry. And no, prefering Gaga to her less talented peers doesn´t make my opinion invalid.
    My faves: Mariah, Whitney, Michael, etc and from the young ones: Janelle Monae, Florence, Lana (musically), Gaga, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, etc
    All those>>>>>>>>>>>>> Katy Perry

• January 15, 2014 at 1:14 pm
    Mark111 says:

@JOHNVIDAL can dish is out, but can’t take it. Nor the fact that Gaga is a flop and everyone from the fans to her team knows it except Gaga and her stans.

#AllOutOfTricks

• January 15, 2014 at 1:14 pm
    I love vocal slayers says:

The song is corny and generic just like her. People are no longer interested in talent, only a quick single that they’ll forget about in a month or two. The industry sucks right now. Nothing but basic lyrics, beats, melodies; monotone voices and butt cheeks/tits. I miss the days where more than one talented person was in the top 20. I don’t even care if artists write their music or play an instrument anymore. Just give me an artist who can actually sing more than one basic note. Katy is trash.

• January 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm
    MusicStan( Ya'll know who I stan for) says:

I’m not huge Pop artist fan like half of ya’ll on here my tone is more R&B and Soul along with Hip Hop and Rock… But I do like some Pop records and Artists… but anyway Congrats to Katy on her #1 and from what I read on the comment for a song with no video, or promo to reach #1 is a big deal… welp that is my two cents, back to listen to Jhene Aiko’s “WTH(Way To High)” on heavy repeat!!! good day

• January 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm
    I love vocal slayers says:

@Musicstan Jhene is so talented. I hate her voice at times but it goes along with her style of music…kinda like Sade. Her songwriting is really good,as is her EP. I’ve got my eye on her. I see Grammys in her future.

• January 15, 2014 at 1:45 pm
    LTM says:

“Katy has not been praised critically” – again, refer to the praise Prism received for it’s mature sound by CRITICS. I cannot with you denying facts. Roar didn’t do better than Applause because Gaga “isn’t the flavour”, itd because it was a better song with actual lyrical meaning. Like I said, Applause could be on the Disney show Shake It Up’s soundtrack with its shallow and pointless lyrics. You claim its all about hype nowadays and Gaga had alot more hype then Katy, hence why her underperformance is such a big deal. Supporting Gags and Lana does invalidate anything you say because the same thing you criticize artist you don’t like of, they do themselves, sometimes on a greater scale. You are know as the biggest hypocrite on TGJ for a reason. Have several more seats

• January 15, 2014 at 1:45 pm
    MusicStan( Ya'll know who I stan for) says:

@I LOVE VOCAL SLAYER,
    Yesss her voice kinda remind of a mix between Cassie ( but better, and Yummy Bingham(she was from the group Tha Rayne)) her songwriting skills is dope and she does put me in mind of sade, I

• January 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm
    MusicStan( Ya'll know who I stan for) says:

@I LOVE VOCAL SLAYER,
    (CONTINUE) I like ppl with dope lyrics, like Jazmine Sullivan, Ciara ( she is pretty dope when it comes to the pen game listen to You Got waitin, and other songs that were fillers on her album) Tweet, Seyvn Streeter, and etc

• January 15, 2014 at 2:07 pm
    FormerlyFromTokyo says:

“Janelle Monae, Florence, Lana (musically)…”

You just named three of my favs. Lana’s style is what gets me w/her, though she actually can sing better than the monotone that she does so often (her first two albums when she was Lizzy or w/e she was in the first one) – but I like the monotone sound and the way she cranks it up to a girlish, flirty sound. Her music is cinematic. Flo’s voice is just an instrument in itself. And Janelle Monae is everything, her style, her presence, her music’s messages, on and on. Florence Welch and Janelle Monae are two true artists whose music has the power to move me. I have other artists I like, but their music is just fun to listen to. It doesn’t move me.

• January 15, 2014 at 2:12 pm
    ROSEGOLD says:

Congrats to Katy.

Yess MusicStan I love you! Lol. I’ve been down with Jhene since her Sailing Souls mixtape. She is a dope artist. I can’t get into Janelle’s music for some reason. She’s so pretty and I love her as a performer, but her music is a little too noisy for my tastes. Primetime is a smooth track though.

A lot of people hate Lana on here (mainly because of her stans), but she makes very good music.

• January 15, 2014 at 2:18 pm
    Molly says:

Johndival is to delusional for me…. smh anyways Katy is doing her thing meanwhile Gaga figuring out more stunts to pull to get peoples attention.

• January 15, 2014 at 2:19 pm
    MusicStan( Ya'll know who I stan for) says:

@RoseGold I like Janelle Monae and I have been a fan of Jhene since the Mixtape too… hope she the hype she deserved…. I would love for her to work with more artists in the songwriting and features aspect… I would love for to write for artists like ciara ( I think she can come up with something dope for her ) omarion and more.. I also like Lana but you are right her stans get under my nerves cause they come for Ciara and I’m a huge fan of her…. I know she isn’t doing things like she used to but she is pretty dope with lyrics and stage presence she isn’t the biggest vocalist but she can carry a tune very well than most pop chick out now!!!!!

• January 15, 2014 at 2:50 pm
    ABC says:

Johnvidal is always trying to downplay Katy’s success lol smh.

• January 15, 2014 at 3:07 pm
    Brazilian Yoncé!!! says:

@john

:).. Stop being mean please

• January 15, 2014 at 4:04 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

@FORMERLYFROMTOKYO
    I know! Amazing talents. Some of these people think Katy Perry is the one who is the s*** though :)

@brazilian yoncé!!!
    I´m not lying and I didn´t start s***. Read my first comment.

• January 15, 2014 at 11:28 pm
    J.E says:

yass!!! all my fave Katy, Beyonce and Xtina is slaying in many different way.

• January 16, 2014 at 12:49 am
    Tru Voice says:

Damn Sam… Shaded Katy in her own post huh? #messy I see that Bey works her way all over this site. lol

• January 17, 2014 at 2:25 am
    BeytheQueen says:

Yasss! I love to see all my faves slaying the charts!! Go Katy! Go Bey!!