Aretha Franklin Announces Plan To Retire

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin has gifted music some of its most memorable numbers over the past 5 decades.  Now, after cranking out countless hits, topping charts, and filling concert venues, the legendary singer is looking to take her final bow.

Much to the dismay of longtime fans, Franklin – who boasts 18 Grammys and over 75 million records sold to her credit – has revealed her upcoming projects will be her last.

Hear it from her inside:

Source:

The singer says she will make one more album, with several tracks produced by Stevie Wonder, and will otherwise limit herself to “some select things, many one a month, for six months out of the year” as she devotes more time to her grandchildren.

“”This will be my last year,” Franklin said. “I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it.”

“I feel very, very enriched and satisfied with respect to where my career came from, and where it is now,” Franklin said.

We couldn’t be more appreciative of the incomparable contributions the legend has made to music and wish her a happy and well retirement.

The report follows news a fellow Detroit beloved musical figure is taking a similar path -Queen of Quiet Storm Anita Baker.  Read more on that by clicking here.

Sponsored

1. February 10, 2017 at 3:30 pm
    Chileplease (the first and only bih) says:
    +14

She’s deserving. She’s definitely one of the most hard working women in show business.

I’m interested in this Stevie produced project.

2. February 10, 2017 at 3:33 pm
    scotty says:
    +16

jesus I would live for a new “Got2BeReal” video of Patti & Dionne going off about Hateretha retiring. that’d be a kiiiii 😭

3. February 10, 2017 at 3:36 pm
    Molly #Stargirl says:

Girl I thought she been retired?

4. February 10, 2017 at 3:41 pm
    King says:

I thought she been retired but go head Ms. franklin do your thang sister.

5. February 10, 2017 at 4:01 pm
    Fancy BISH says:

Love Queen Aretha, and love that she’s in a great place in her life, but I wish she didn’t say “This is it”….shady people in the music industry! It’s sad, but true…hopefully she has the right people around her…her last album was executive produced by Clive Davis and I think that’s who she’s signed to smh…don’t trust anybody! She seems like she understands all of the goings-on tho…Aretha, get Pookie and them that will handle anybody ON SIGHT around you! ON SIGHT lol…love her!

6. February 10, 2017 at 4:02 pm
    sam is TRASH says:

Queen of R&B. Queen of Shade. Bleachyonce could NEVER

7. February 10, 2017 at 6:35 pm
    Metzo says:

The photoshopped the heck of of that pic lol

• February 10, 2017 at 9:06 pm
      Xav says:

I was thinking the same thing. Lol

8. Now Playing: Katy Perry - Chained to the rythm
    February 11, 2017 at 4:45 am
    Christina Aguilera says:

My only wish is that she delivers us with old soul music that will ressonate through us justblike her rolling in the deep remake.

9. February 11, 2017 at 5:58 am
    RhiRocks says:

Girl bye ! We don’t needs you anymore we got Beyoncé

• February 11, 2017 at 10:42 am
      XYZ says:

Not everyone likes that robot you are talking about. There are people who actually like songs sang with real emotions, like Aretha does. That is why Adele is more successful than Beyoncé by the way – because of the REAL and authentic emotion.

Besides that – as great as Beyoncé is as an entertainer and showgirl, her goddamn fans need to learn some respect towards other artists.

10. February 11, 2017 at 2:20 pm
    TheBaddest says:

I love Aretha she will forever be GOAT but she needs to capitalize on her success by putting out products she believes in. She could make even more money if she does endorsements Like a hairline, watches, perfumes, food, etc she is such an amazing influence to this world but her team needs to do revive her again. If she retires she should be making moves like that she should open a school of music if she doesn’t have one yet.

11. February 11, 2017 at 2:46 pm
    Jan says:

Honey it’s time to go…
    Next will be mariah

12. February 13, 2017 at 10:52 pm
    Now at youfr best game way tuesidnz says:

Cool