Janet Jackson To Judge On X Factor USA?

janet jackson 123a e1329491270214 Janet Jackson To Judge On X Factor USA?

After Simon Cowell‘s colossal cast cull on the X Factor USA, speculation has been rife about just who will replace ousted judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.

And while names such as Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj have been touted as potential successors, a surprise name has reportedly thrown her wig into the mix – Janet Jackson.

Details after the jump…

As earlier reported, the Pop icon made a visit to the Anderson show this week. And while the interview will air next Monday, interesting soundbites from her chat with host Anderson Cooper have emerged. Indeed when quizzed on whether she’ll be joining the X Factor USA as a judge, the 45 year old said:

Janet: Oh my God

She then began to stumble all over her words (while laughing).

Janet:  No I’m not a judge on The X Factor.

Anderson:  You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor.”

Janet:  “No, I am not.  But that’s all I really think I should say.

Anderson:  Intriguing, I will say.

————————————–

Intriguing indeed. However, not only because Jackson would bring with her ample star power and an undeniable X Factor of her own, but also because it would see her working alongside surviving judge LA Reid.

Who could forget the infamous ‘Discipline’ episode in 2008, which saw Reid sign his “dream” signee Janet to then-label Def Jam, only for the whole shabang to quickly become a nightmare for both. Jackson wrote nothing on the LP, which would go on to under-perform amidst public disagreement about single choices. The pair would then part ways not long after.

Still, this would be one hell of an opportunity for Janet (while of course being a bigger one for Simon. Alas, I digress).

Having wrapped a successful “hey promoters, I’m still a force” tour, and with a number of movies on the horizon, the talent-search could easily serve as the icing on the 45 year old’s “comeback cake”. One which we hope to taste soon.

Do YOU think Janet would make a good X Factor judge?

Randomness: Do not be fooled by the Minie Mouse demeanour post-Superbowl Janet seems forced to evoke. She can serve up sassy diva when the moment calls for it. Exhibit A, B, and C!

• February 17, 2012 at 11:06 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

WOW, hopefully she will!
    Need some Janet!

• February 17, 2012 at 11:14 am
    geeeeeesssss says:

janet
    looks
    GAWGOUS

• February 17, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Royalkev says:

I have to say that I’m not sold on this gig for Janet. I think it’s a great opportunity and the exposure will benefit any artist. I’m just not sure this job suits Janet. I don’t think she’s particularly good at critiquing artists. Janet doesn’t enjoy ruffling anyones feathers, so she should be careful in considering this and pass on it if it’s going to make her act out of character. Aside from that, I’m not to keen on the idea of her being apart of a show that rely on so many gimmicks to draw a crowd.

• February 17, 2012 at 11:35 am
    chester says:

I was under the assumption she hated LA reid. Really hated him, especially after the Discipline album on Def Jam, while he was president. Maybe I was wrong.

• February 17, 2012 at 11:45 am
    B Lamont says:

Great for exposure! And would definitely watch, but in all honesty it doesn’t really fit Janet’s character. I think she would be better suited as a mentor really, because she can give advice without having to really judge. But all this speculation based on a quick soundbite is hilarious…gotta love the media!

Anyway, lovin all the (positive) Janet press.

• February 17, 2012 at 11:49 am
    Edgy_Timless says:

She will be the perfect, i mean perfect, (no shade to Paula and J-Lo AI), but Janet is the perfect example of what the X-Factor is. Not only do you want to be a artist but you want to last and become a ICON. Janet has done it all. Great look.

• February 17, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    Dani J says:

CHECK OUT MY COVER VERSION OF 4AM BY MELANIE FIONA! HERE’S THE LINK http://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=HA7H26AGG54 #SUPPORTUNSIGNEDTALENT

• February 17, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@ROYALKEV
    Exactly!!! That’s what I thought when I read this.

• February 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm
    Onyx says:

No a Diva like her would not fits with this kind of Tv shows, she is to big for that, leave that for J.Lo and Kelly Rowland, you would never see truly Divas like Madonna doing this kind of things, Janet should do the same.

• February 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm
    twista says:

I’m sure she would net a hefty sum for doing the show, even for one or two seasons, but RoyalKev is right – Janet is not comfortable ruffling anyone’s feathers or being harsh.

• February 17, 2012 at 12:44 pm
    Dominic says:

YES!!!! Will deffo watch it if she judges. :)

• February 17, 2012 at 1:03 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN!!! says:

This is just like cheryl cole judging people on their singing.. A joke.

• February 17, 2012 at 3:50 pm
    Nickles says:

Janet would be an OK judge, but I would rather see Mariah as a judge (she can be brutally honest) or bring Kelly Rowland from X-Factor UK. I’m leaning towards Mariah, though.

• February 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    realtalkbswalk says:

Damnnnn Janet looks so edible I cant take it, Her beauty is undifined lol Janets coming back hard I can see it! But I cant see her as a judge on Xfactor she is much bigger than that leave that s*** to kelly and jlo

• February 17, 2012 at 4:23 pm
    Man-TAK-eee says:

We now know whitney houston was offered one of the judges seats. Too bad she died, sad.

• February 17, 2012 at 9:04 pm
    Craig says:

Think Janet will be too nice to the contestants, she might as well just be a guest judge at the judges homes.

• February 18, 2012 at 6:43 am
    MISHKA says:

No, Janet, don’t do it…

• February 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm
    said so says:

I think Janet is too big for the show and it may not do her any good. Please XFactor bring K Rowland from UK. She was brilliant on that show, but some uk audience didn’t like her Americanism. She will be brilliant over here.

• February 19, 2012 at 3:57 pm
    YAAAASSSS says:

Toni Braxton would make a much better judge. No shade, but just hearing Janet speak is boring and she doesn’t seem like she can do enough to help create a star. I love THE Janet Jackson performer extraordinaire but offstage her personality is dry as hell.

• February 24, 2012 at 9:09 am
    Daniel says:

she is the best of all i’m watching the show now. yesssssssssssssss